Hi,

I have below table:

	A	B	C	D	E
1		04/10	04/10	04/10	04/10
2		AB	YZ	AB	YZ
3	MARY	45	56	16	62
4	PETER	50	48	84	45
5	JOHN	60	78	65	50

How can i get number 45 at B3  when I have reference 04/10, AB, and Mary in
another sheet?

thanks a lot!

--
Lowan

sorry, D1 and E1 should be 05/10
--
Lowan

"Lowan Chan" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have below table:
>
> 	A	B	C	D	E
> 1		04/10	04/10	04/10	04/10
> 2		AB	YZ	AB	YZ
> 3	MARY	45	56	16	62
> 4	PETER	50	48	84	45
> 5	JOHN	60	78	65	50
>
> How can i get number 45 at B3  when I have reference 04/10, AB, and Mary in
> another sheet?
>
> thanks a lot!
>
> --
> Lowan
Try the below with data in Sheet1 Col A1:E5 and the query values in current
sheet

H1=04/10
H2="AB"
H3="Mary"

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!B1:E1=H1)*(Sheet1!B2:E2=H2)*
(Sheet1!A3:A5=H3)*(Sheet1!B3:E5))

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Lowan Chan" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have below table:
>
> 	A	B	C	D	E
> 1		04/10	04/10	04/10	04/10
> 2		AB	YZ	AB	YZ
> 3	MARY	45	56	16	62
> 4	PETER	50	48	84	45
> 5	JOHN	60	78	65	50
>
> How can i get number 45 at B3  when I have reference 04/10, AB, and Mary in
> another sheet?
>
> thanks a lot!
>
> --
> Lowan

auto number index snafu
I have a 2003 DB I've been adding to for 2 years. It's at 423 records = now. I export to a PDF for simpler searching and viewing. Using the search the other day, I went to grab DVD 186, on carousel tower= 2. And what came up didn't match the record. The index was totally screwed. I went thru all 423 records and created a numeric index by hand. The auto number field is useless. But I would still prefer an auto number field. Trouble is when I create the auto number field, it's still off the actual numbers of the records.. ie: 99-100 is actually 99-186,187, 188, 189 100-385,...

Auto assign Lot Numbers in PO receiving
Hi! Has anyone made a customization to auto assign Lot numbers upon item receipt? My client's lot number is numeric, they want the system to auto assign this. Any ideas? Thanks! -- Marisol Mortera Marisol, Yes indeed, I created one for a client. You probably will not be able to use it as-is because of some client specific functionality but I'm sure you could use this as a stepping stone. The key features were that it would allow for rapid lot number entry by a. Auto-incrementing the lot number - we had Alphanumeric lot numbers so we added a suffix and b. copy the previous lo...

Creating a table
There's probably an easier way to do it but... I have a series of numbers in column A (150 in all) and a series of letters in column B (22 in all). In total there are 4800 rows. What I am trying to do is create a table with the number down the left hand side and the letters across the top. In each cell within the table I need to count how many times the combination of number/letter appears. Eg: A B C 201 0 2 2 202 3 0 1 203 3 6 4 I tried combining the number/letter into a single text field using the CONCATENATE function then filtering ...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Update one table from another

Finding all queries which use a table

Ordering by number and text
I use a report to print out checklists that in the detail section have item number to delineate each checklist item. The item numbers as an example are 1-1, 1-2, 1-2a, 1-2b, or 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-3a, 2-3b and so on. The report is grouped by checklist section and the grouping works perfectly but when the report is printed the item numbers are ordered in this order 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-2, 1-3, 1-3a, 1-3b, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, 1-9. Obviously I want the the order to be in proper numerical sequence where 1-10 comes after 1-9. but even replacing the '-' with a decimal point doesn't ...

matching columns of numbers

Zero filling a number field
I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but can't figure out how. Any ideas? You don''t say where you're trying to do this, but basically Format(YourAutoNumber, "000000") pdlginternet@aol.com wrote: >I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but >can't figure out how. Any ideas? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 You can't do that wi...

FP: Couldnt close table
We have been receiving this error on two separate PCs after a recent upgrade to 7.5. Our version is 7.50g43 (service pack 5). At first we thought it was isolated to one PC now a second PC is having the same error. On the first PC, I ran new network cable, installed a different network card with no help. This PC is Win98, 64MB RAM, 600Mhz. The second PC has 128MB RAM also Win98. I don't believe switching to XP is an option right now. This message has appeared in the payables module on both machines. But it has also appeared in receivables as well. Not in GL or Payroll. I...

Same Table cannot be the child table in two nexted relations...
I've been setting up a schema with the XML Designer in VS .NET 2003. The designer lets me set up a lot of things including a complex type that contains an unnamed complex type called modified. When I try to preview the dataset, I get an error described as "The same table (modified) cannot be the child table in two nested relations. I've run into this before with a different complex type, and I've changed the name of the instance of the type in the various elements it's used, and the problem goes away. In this case, problem is an unnamed complex type, so it only a...

Pivot tables and Macros
I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the drop downs, not change the fields in the table or anything)and print from a pivot table using a macro. So how do I go about doing that? When I set up a macro by recording the actions that I want to do, I always get an error message when I try to run it as a macro. What specific steps are you recording, and what error message do you get? Can you click the Debug button, and see the line of code that is causing the problem? Dust For Eyes wrote: > I was looking to be able to manipulate (ie change selections from the >...

How do I change numbers to negative without re-typing?
I have a large range of data that needs to be changed to negative numbers, Can I do this in Excel? ...

Determine number of rows with data

Pivot Table in Excel
hi, I have a problem using the pivot Table in excel 2000. Earlier the location of the pivot table in excel was pointing to say c:\sales.mdb. Now the location has changed to D:\Sales.mdb. someone please tell me the place to change in the excel to reflect the same. So that upon refreshing the document i can see the latest data. Currently i am getting a error message when i try to refresh, but its not prompting to change to alternative location. If i edit the excel file in a notepad...i can see the location pointing to c:\sales.mdb. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this..expect...

How to copy aQuery to a new Table?
I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. After two months or so I like, after some new data input, to save the Table into a new Object Table. What is the best way for the Report and Query to follow the new Table whitout recreating the original Report & Query? Thankyou for your comments. I use MS Office Access 2007. Joe T >>I have a database in a Table, a report based on that same Table and a Query based on that Report. Your phrasing is wrong when it comes to the elements of an Access database. A dat...

Converting number to text

Sequentially number lines automatically

Excel Number Format Codes
I can't figure out how to format numbers so that when you type 3220 it will look like 32.20 kinda like how you can enter numbers on an adding machine. I would greatly appreciate this number format code. Thank you. -- 1:~ Hi, I think you want to go Tools | Options | Edit | Fixed Decimals - 2. That will divide all the numbers you enter by 100. You will also have to format the row or column to display 2 decimals. Select the cells or range, right mouse click, format cells, numbers, 2 decimals. Hope that helps. Best regards, Kevin "MBB" <MBB@discussions.microsoft.com> w...