Photos not moving with rows when sorted!

Excel 2000.

A worksheet with names of people, and various data about them. Each row is a
record--the person's first name, last name, and various data, each column is
a field.

One column is labeled "Photo", and has a small photo of the person in it.

I notice that when I sort the rows, by data in one of the columns, such as
"first name", "last name", etc., the photos do not sort correctly with their
rows.

Why? Do photos just remember their place on the page, their cell position
(E7 or whatever), and not the row they are in, are not considered part of
the row's data? If so, any way to change that? A way to insert or format a
photo, so that it will move with its row, when the rows are sorted?

Has that problem been addressed in later versions of Excel?

Thank you for your help.

0
ms7108 (109)

Make sure the pictures are completely within the row, and that they
are formatted to move and size with cells.

Note that cells can only contain a formula or a value - pictures
"float" above the cells.

In article <1068955777.737579@news-1.nethere.net>,
 "                    MS" <ms@nospam.com> wrote:

> Excel 2000.
>
> A worksheet with names of people, and various data about them. Each row is a
> record--the person's first name, last name, and various data, each column is
> a field.
>
> One column is labeled "Photo", and has a small photo of the person in it.
>
> I notice that when I sort the rows, by data in one of the columns, such as
> "first name", "last name", etc., the photos do not sort correctly with their
> rows.
>
> Why? Do photos just remember their place on the page, their cell position
> (E7 or whatever), and not the row they are in, are not considered part of
> the row's data? If so, any way to change that? A way to insert or format a
> photo, so that it will move with its row, when the rows are sorted?
>
> Has that problem been addressed in later versions of Excel?
>
> Thank you for your help.

0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/16/2003 6:08:04 AM
One way to attach a picture to a cell is to insert the picture into a
comment. There are some instructions here:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Alphabetical Sorting
How can I sort a group of names alphabetically in a text box? Publisher doesn't have the capability to sort. You could create a table in Word, sort the names, then copy paste into Publisher. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "skw" <skw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FB148DD-FA30-4DDC-B4A8-2D1F2438AED1@microsoft.com... > How can I sort a group of names alphabetically in a text box? ...

delete empy rows
Hi, I have a sheet with 3000 lines, I am using only thre coomns A, B, C How can I delete all rows that has empty cells in colomn C i.e. row 5 contains Sam in colomn A , 2 in colomns B , nothing in colomn C. I want to delete this row row 6 contains 3 in colomn A, nothing in colomns B, 34 in colomn C. I want to keep this row. can this be done Khalil Try this on a *spare* copy .. Select col C Press F5 > Special > Blanks > OK Right-click on the selection > Delete > Entire row > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>y...

Can't move from cell to cell
I'm trying to move from cell to cell with my arrow buttons but it doesn't let me. It appears the highlighted cell is locked and the only way I can move from cell to cell is with my mouse pointer. My arrow buttons do work because I tried it in other programs. Any help will be appreciated. Ann, Looks like you have Scroll Lock turned on. Turn it off with the key on = the top right of the keyboard. HTH Anders Silv=E9n "ann smith" <compcoff@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet = news:e6LPf$%23oDHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to move from cell to ce...

Unhiding rows
In Excel 2000, someone has hid the first 45 rows of the worksheet. I can't unhide them. The sheet is NOT protected. I tried various things including Edit/Go to/A1/Format/Row/Unhide but nothing works. Any clues? .......Baffled in Ontario row height? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Connie" <marverncon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0b4001c35c24$077545d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > In Excel 2000, someone has hid the first 45 rows of the > worksheet. I can't unhide them. The sheet is NOT > protected. I t...

selecting rows using a variable
I am using excel 2003 and I need to select rows using a variable. Here is what I have now: Dim name As String name = Range("e800") ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("individual stats").Range("a1:a1540").Select Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True Dim Start As Integer Dim finish As Integer Start = Application.WorksheetFunction.Lookup(name, Range("Q800:Q881"), Range("t800:t881")) finish = Application.WorksheetFunction.Lookup(name, Range("Q800:Q881"), Range("u800:u881")) ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("individual stats&q...

select and delete all blank rows
I could save a lot of time if I knew how to select and delete all blank rows from a document, and also separate things. An example of separating things would be a list contains fruits, vegetables and meat. I could separate all the fruits from the list easily. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

65536 Rows for how long????
Hi there! I was wondering: is Microsoft planning on expanding the 65536 row limit? They most deffinitely should! Best regards, Albert "Albert" <Albert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I was wondering: is Microsoft planning on expanding the 65536 row limit? > They most deffinitely should! Why "certainly"? -- Bob http://www.kanyak.com Well, not "certainly", but its certainly my opinion. I think 65536 is not enough. I believe that, among other things, Excel was made for managing large amounts of information efficiently. I think that in this d...

How can I color every other row
Help please. I want to make it easier to use a large spreadsheet where two rows are used for each record. Filling in the background color of every second row prevents mistakes when entering data. I want to color only the used range, not the entire row. I recorded a macro and got the following: TheRange.Activate With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 36 .Pattern = xlSolid End With I really appreciate the help. On way: Dim iCtr As Long With ActiveSheet.UsedRange For iCtr = .Row To .Rows(.Rows.Count)....

How do I set up moving averages in exel

Rows to Columns
I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2, etc. How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without reentering all the data? Thank you --Select B2:D2. Copy the range --Select A1. Right click>PasteSpecial>Transpose>OK If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Walter Seaton" wrote: > I have data arranged in rows across a spread sheet, for example B2, C2, D2, > etc. > How can I change that to a column, for example A1, A2, A3, etc without > reentering all the data? >...

Filtering rows with tracked changes
Hi I am trying to work out how to filter the rows that have been updated over a period of a couple of days. I understand that you can highlight records with tracked changes in a certain time period � but I would like to be able to just have those rows that have highlighted cells to look at. Any ideas out there? You can list changes on a new sheet but it doesn't allow you to see the whole row. Cheers, Mike P.s � is it possible to highlight changes between dates � I can only see highlighting changes since � ...

Photos not moving with rows when sorted!
Excel 2000. A worksheet with names of people, and various data about them. Each row is a record--the person's first name, last name, and various data, each column is a field. One column is labeled "Photo", and has a small photo of the person in it. I notice that when I sort the rows, by data in one of the columns, such as "first name", "last name", etc., the photos do not sort correctly with their rows. Why? Do photos just remember their place on the page, their cell position (E7 or whatever), and not the row they are in, are not considered part of the row...

Moving between Exchange servers, meeting organizers
We're having an issue moving a client to our hosted Exchange offering. In order to migrate them from their current Exchange provider we're exporting their Mailboxes to PST and then importing them to their new Exchange mailbox on our system. This works fine for most things except for events/meetings they've created with attendees, Outlook does not seem to recognize them as the owner of any of these events. Researching online about this hasn't yielded much other than an assumption on my part that the ownership of these events is not something exported to PST more th...

Money 2006 small business sorting by customers name
Is there a way to sort customer name by their last name? If I enter name last name first, the invoices are printed last name first. So, if I enter name first name first one cannot find transactions alphabetically. Any suggestions? -- Christopher J. Fazio, V.M.D. Hope, New Jersey ...

Moving Exchange accounts in 2000
I am currently trying to move a number of Exchange accounts, however some of those accounts believe they are on an Exchange 5.5 server that no longer exists. Using AD I cannot delete or move the exchange part of these accounts unless I delete the account entirely, which I don't wish to do, does anyone know of a way to cancel out the Exchange settings on those accounts? On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:15:03 -0700, "Fate_of_Tai-Eliel" <Fate_of_Tai-Eliel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am currently trying to move a number of Exchange accounts, however some of >those ...

Resetting default row height to allow display of wrapped text
I'm using Excel 2000 and XP Pro. I'm formatting a text page whereby users can input text into a column and I want the text to wrap so that whatever the length of their text we see it all. On a default page it works fine. However I tinkered with the row height for font purposes and now the text will wrap but the row won't expand to fit the whole text. How do I reset the row/sheet or whatever to get the display I want? Thanks -- Stilson Snow There is a limit to how much text will display within a cell and how much text displays in the formula bar. Goto excel help and enter...

Rule that sort an attachment
How do I make a rule in Outlook that sort a message into a special map depending on the name of an attachment "qwery" <qwery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A15F35CB-3575-46C2-B394-2A0B1DF17697@microsoft.com... > How do I make a rule in Outlook that sort a message into a special map > depending on the name of an attachment Outlook's built-in rules cannot check the name of an attachment. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Linking rows of data to another worksheet
Worksheet One contains survey data pertaining to customer satisfaction for all of our building communities. The data is entered in each row as follows.. .. community name, lot number, buyer name, etc. Therefore, this worksheet contains all the survey results for all of our buyers, and then based on the survey responses, an overall rating is calculated. I would like to then link each row to its corresponding worksheet per community. By doing this, I can calculate the survey ratings per community as opposed to the overall rating calculated on worksheet One. I would greatly appreciate any as...

Header Row in Excel
I have a spread sheet with many columns and rows and I would like for the First line of each column to remain visible as a user scrolls down the rows so that he/she will be able to see that that data represents by simply looking up(instead of scrooling all the way back up) to see that is the heading of that column. Any help would be appreciated. Larry Hughes Larry Click on A2, then on the top toolbar, Window > Freeze panes. HTH George Gee "Larry Hughes" <LarryHughes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0717C389-9E1C-4F87-9027-D603E7B6DA4F@microsoft.c...

need to input alternate blank rows in spreadsheet
Need to input alternate blank rows into imported spreadsheet. Currently has 24000 lines of data and would like to find a way of not having to manually input these blank rows! help! Also if this is possible will I be able to format row height at the same time? Hi, In a blank column, insert numbers from 1 to 24,000 I.e. if data is from A2:F24001, then in G2:G24001, enter 1 to 24000. Now copy G2:G24001 and paste in G24002. Thereafter you can sort the numbers in column G in ascending order. This will insert one blank row after each row. -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Mic...

column widths and row heights
based on 100% view, when u set the column width to say 12 units and the row height to, for example, 15... what is the actual dimensions in reality in mm. ie, how can i get the required number to ensure that row and colms are exactly 2 mm in width and height pat Column width and row heights defaults are not in inches or mm. The number that appears in the Standard column width box is the average number of digits 0-9 of the standard font that fit in a cell. Row heights are measured in points or pixels. There are 72 points to an inch and "maybe" 96 pixels to the inch. For ...

Moving worksheets between diferent workbooks
Hello, I need to move a worksheet from an old workbook to another workbook. The worksheet that I want to move has macros and I want to move it with everything-macros, buttons of macros, formatting etc. What is the easiest way to do that? Thanks in advance Tim copy the sheet Edit=> move or copy sheet I would make a copy until I knew it did what I want. (click the make a copy checkbox) Regards, Tom Ogilvy Tim <tihidj@hotmail.com.au> wrote in message news:027701c3595c$ed4aee40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I need to move a worksheet from an old workbook to &g...

Sort a range of Dates on a subform
I have a Form and a Subform where I have datas and every record has a field named: Wdate also I have a field where I put a date I would like to press a button to sort equal or less dates than the date that I put on the field, please help Thanks in advance -- Lorenzo Díaz Cad Technician On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 08:28:00 -0800, ldiaz <ldiaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Form and a Subform where I have datas and every record has a field >named: Wdate >also I have a field where I put a date >I would like to press a button to sort equal or less dates than ...

how to combine two photos?
Is there a way to combine or superimpose two pictures in Pub? dcuyle wrote: > Is there a way to combine or superimpose two pictures in Pub? ================================= Combine like edge to edge or combine like use objects from picture A in picture B? IOW...add Uncle Harry to the birthday party picture because he was not there that day. -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk ...

Loop through a range of rows and hide based on conditions
I want to loop through a range. If any data exists on the row in the range from Column X over to the last column in use, I want to hide the row. I also have questions about null and zero values in the cells. Cells can have either in the row of data. I am hiding zero values but I am assigning a zero value via a function for some cells. Thanks in advance for the help. For those who would like to know, I solved this by modifying code by Bob Phillips: If you have Option Explicit turned on, be sure to declare the cell variable, ie. Dim cell as Range. For Each cell In Range("X4:X54")...