personal.xls created in Excel 2007 and opened in Excel 2002

I have added new macros to Personal.XLS, using Excel 2007.  The macros were
created in Excel 2002, and modified in 2007, but saved as an xls file.  If I
transfer the file to the machine using 2002, I get a message stating that the
file is corrupt.  it opens it, and looks like gibberish on the page.  Is this
file not backwards compatible?

Please advise

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Looking for Excel Help

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

New to excel

owa cant open ppt attachments

How to create an autonumber field?

cannot open hyper links in outlook