PERSONAL Workbook is not opening

WHen I open Excel, my PERSONAL workbook is not opening, then I can't access
to my Macros. I have checked if its located in the XLSTART folder and it is.
Can you help me to solve this out?
0
JuanM (1)

Maybe personal.xls was disabled...

xl2002+ has the abililty to quarantine what it thinks are bad workbooks.

They can keep track of them so that it doesn't even try to open them.

If you look under Help|About MS Excel, you'll see a button called:  "Disabled
Items...".

Check under there to see if it's marked not to open.  You can enable it there,
too.

If the workbook is really bad, you may want to delete that copy and put a copy
of your backup version into your XLStart folder.

--

Dave Peterson
0

opening Home Pub 2000 files in 2007
I recently used Windows easy transfer in Vista to import Home Pub 2000 files from an older computer with XP. New files created in Pub 2007 open and function fine, but when I open transferred .php files from Pub 2000 it tries to open them with MSWord and I get gibberish. Getting frustrated. Is there an easy answer. Thanks BarbraJean wrote: > I recently used Windows easy transfer in Vista to import Home Pub > 2000 files from an older computer with XP. New files created in Pub > 2007 open and function fine, but when I open transferred .php files > from Pub 2000 it tries to open t...

Unable to open Visual Basic editor
Hi - When I select VB Editor, the IDE does not stay open. Also I get an "Error accessing system registry" error when I trying to insert a control from the Control Toolbox. This is for Excel 97. thanks, -daphne "Daphne W." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Hi - When I select VB Editor, the IDE does not stay open. >Also I get an "Error accessing system registry" error when >I trying to insert a control from the Control Toolbox. > >This is for Excel 97. When it comes to problems with the Registry, you also need to state what...

Can't open older pub files in pub2003
Am running Publisher 2003 on Windows 2000 machine. Just recently, I lost the ability to open older publisher files (mostly from Pub98). I am not running Norton anything but have been using TrendMicro for anti-virus. Tried turning it off and tried turning off the script virus protection to no avail on either count. Has there been a recent update that might have caused this problem? Or is there something else I need to look at? I think there has been a security update that changed some things. An earlier poster is reporting having problems opening 98 files. I can't open files in my ...

Excel is opening slowly
Hi there. All of a sudden my Excel is opening very slowly - 10-20 seconds, when before it would pop open instantly - everything else seems to be working fine. Can anyone help? michele, Try deleting everything from your C:\Windows\Temp directory. John "michelle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a6601c3d626$0b34d920$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi there. All of a sudden my Excel is opening very > slowly - 10-20 seconds, when before it would pop open > instantly - everything else seems to be working fine. > Can anyone help? Do you have...

OUTLOOK EXPRESS CAN'T open
I can't open up outlook express. I get this message: this comes up first: OLE could not be started. The application was unable to open Outlook Express Message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. Contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x800700e) I click ok and than this comes up: Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. Outlook Express may not be installed correctly. I have reinstalled Internet Explorer 6.1 (I think that was it) that contained Outlook Express. I have deframmented t...

print publication opens as web publication
I have created a print publication in Publisher 2003, but saved it as a Publisher 2000 file. When I open the file, it automatically converts to a web publication, causing the lay-out to go all wrong. I convert it back to a print publication, correct the lay-out and save it. When I open the file, it will again convert to a web publication. Why does this happen? I have made dozens of publications this way, but this is the first time I have this problem. Thanks for your help! Yvette Was this publication ever saved as a print document? Was it converted to a web page before it was saved th...

copy from workbook to new workbook
Problem when I copy and paste to a new worksheet the column with th date changes from year 2004 to 2008. Any ideas why? :rolleyes -- Nesi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nesia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1534 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27040 Nesia Hello. I am not entirely sure why you are having that problem but here is an idea. The default date system in Excel for calculating serial numbers for dates (which is how Excel operates) starts on Jan 1st 1900. H...

Publisher cannot open files from a different version.
Hi Folks, I hope you can help me with this: I changed hard drives and re-installed Publisher 2000. This is the SAME version I was using previously, loaded from the SAME cd-rom. However, when I try to open any of my Publisher documents I get the message: "Publisher cannot open files from a different version." Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I even went to the update section of Microsoft and downloaded all the updates. Still I get the error message. Anything anyone can do to help will be greatly apreciated as I have quite a few files that I would hate to lose. Th...

How do I open an "excel spreadsheet file, extention .xls"?
I recieved an e-mail from a friend and it was an "excel spreadsheet file, extention .xls" and when I tried to open it with certain programs on my computer and none of them could open them. I guess the information couldn't transfer or something. Kameron, To open an xls file, you'll need the Excel program, or the free Excel viewer. Microsoft Word can open xls files, but don't save over the same name, or the formulas and other spreadsheet functionality will be trashed. I don't know what they're smoking at the Word shop. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ...

Cannot Open .PST Files
I recently had to install a new hard drive and manually moved the folder in which my .PST files were located from th eold drive to the new one. Now however, when I open Outlook, it tells me that the file no longer exists in its old location, tells me that I need to close Outlook--which is not open--and restart it. However, restarting it has the same outcome. Can I get them back and open Outlook? Duncs Dear Duncs, your Outlook version is? Please try to connect your PST file over the Control Panel/Mail => Doubleclick on "Mail" => Datafiles => Doublick on "Personal...

Opening downloaded IE files in Excel
Hi, I am trying to force a downloaded xls file from Internet Explorer to open in Excel 2003 directly, instead of in a browser window. This seemed to work in Excel 2000, but now does not. Any suggestions? maybe... How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059 Steve H wrote: > > Hi, > > I am trying to force a downloaded xls file from Internet Explorer to open in > Excel 2003 directly, instead of in a browser window. This seemed to work in > Excel 2...

Removing links to other worksheets from within a workbook
I have developed a 400-worksheet workbook and during its evolution I have copied some cells from other worksheets. This has created references to other worksheets that no longer exist, so whenever I open the workbook I get the annoying messages relating to "links not found". I am using Excel 2002. When I select Edit/Links then it shows the offending 4 non-existent spreadsheets but I cannot locate the cells that reference them. When I use the Edit/Find and select Options/Within-Workbook to try to locate the spreadsheet references to these non-existent spreadsheets, no cell refe...

Date keeps altering when Excel opens.
I set the date using the date formula , clicking today.... fine. When I open worksheet I find the date changes to the date I am opening it ratrher then keeping the entry date. I must have accidentally switched something on but can't see what. "Chubby" <notageek@msn.com> wrote in message news:q52aovomso1i57j1pc0c9vrd9k0attg7sp@4ax.com... > I set the date using the date formula , clicking today.... fine. > > When I open worksheet I find the date changes to the date I am opening > it ratrher then keeping the entry date. > > I must have accidentally switch...

Mail Merge from Outlook opens up two MS Word documents.
Hi, I am using Office 2003. When I do mail merge from Outlook, it opens up two MS WORD documents instead of one. Any suggestions please ? Regards, Mo Sounds normal to me, depending on how you're doing the merge. But then you never said how you were doing the merge, so no one can say. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <mfaisald@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152120215.964643.238870@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I am using Office 2003. When I do mail merge from Outlook, it opens up > two MS WORD documents instead of one. > Any suggestions please ? > >...

Specifiying Successive Page Numbers for Workbooks with Multiple Tabs/Pages
Hi, Does anyone know how to make a workbook with several tabs print with successive page numbers from the first page of the first tab to the last page of the last tab? Thanks Hi Select all of the tabs and then print the lot in one go!! -- Andy. "M.P." <mpam@challiance.org> wrote in message news:103ca01c43f3b$2afcafc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Does anyone know how to make a workbook with several tabs > print with successive page numbers from the first page of > the first tab to the last page of the last tab? > Thanks I have tried that before, but each...

How do I open Quattro Pro 8.0 to Excel 2002
How do I open or convert a Quattro Pro 8.0 spreadsheet in Excel 2002? You need to open it in QP and do as SaveAs to produce an XLS file Alternatively Google for a conversion program Microsoft has qp7conv.exe which converts web to Excel -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "slock@muccipac" <slock@muccipac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA49768D-7189-4B51-9B99-9217FAAC3429@microsoft.com... > How do I open or convert a Quattro Pro 8.0 spreadsheet in Excel 2002? ...

Error opening application
We have a database that was used in Access 2003. We upgraded our computer and software and now we have Access 2007. When trying to run this database we get the error "Error in opening application: 429 Error creating CSetupInfo". Any idea what this error could mean? What other info would you need to know from me? thanks Bart Bart, is the new computer running Windows Vista? If so, see: Errors using multiple versions of Access under Vista at: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://...

Email attachments opened, edited, saved, closed, and lost forever
I've had this happen several times: I will open an email attachment, edit it, save it, but not use the save as button, think I have saved it, but it is only temporarily saved in a temporary file, close it and I'm told it is gone and unretrievable. It doesn't show up in the recently used documents section of Word or Excel. It's now the only place I ever lose large chunks of data due to autosave--a welcome addition for a long-time veteran curser, I mean user, of the home computer. Suggestion: Have a specific prompt or macro to go to "save as" when an...

Cannot Open Items in Outlook Connector/ Hotmail
Starting this morning, i'm unable open any new Hotmail emails under outlook connector. Any ideas ...

Portfolio will not open
After restoring my "Money 2000" account I have been unable to access the portfolio option. Upon pressing the "portfolio" button the screen flickers very slightly and remains at the investment section. When I originally restored back-up from my external HD there was an error about a corrupt file. All other transactions are viewable, however I would like to see the portfolio. I have already attempted to change the viewer options in the tool section and close out all accounts then access the portfolio. Please help This is for versions later than Money 2000, but ...

Printing all worksheets in a workbook using a duplex printer
Anyone have a problem printing all worksheets duplex in excel? dott I don't have a duplex printer so I use a macro for duplexing. What problems do you encounter? How are you selecting all worksheets for printing? File>Print>Entire Workbook or just selecting all sheets by right-click on a Tab and "select all sheets"? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:20:02 -0800, "dott" <dott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Anyone have a problem printing all worksheets duplex in excel? ...

cannot open messages in folder, low memory, low disk space
Hi Everyone, I am getting this message on a few folders at present. Having looked online for a solution I have tried the following: - renaming the outbox.dbx to outbox.old, allowing a new one to be built then deleting the original - searching the mailstore for files that do not belong there - renaming/deleting the dbx file for that particular account but I get access denied. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Gordon Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. He...

Auto open comment box
What I would like is to create an SQL trigger or custom add in that will, when a certain item is chosen, automatically open the comments window. Basically, we do repairs, and while we mostly just have standard charges for jobs, sometimes we have labour different things / amounts. So basically, I have created an item "labour" which requires price entry at the POS. However, this obviously does not show what the labour is for. So basically, what I want is something that will, when labour is selected, after price entry, automatically open the comments box to allow the cashier to enter w...

New word docs open randomly when I print or save existing doc

Smartlist is opening excel multiple times in version 9
In version 8, you export a couple things from Smarlist, it created multiple workbooks within the same sheet, so that you could flip between them by clicking on Window. In version 9, it seems to create mutliple worksheets and also seems to open excel multiple times, so we cannot flip between them. We are using Citrix. ...