Personal Macro Workbook

I had some macro stored in the personal macro workbook but now I can not find the workbook.
When I try to do a new macro and store it in the "Personal Macro Workbook" I get the error message "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". I click ok and get a message that I'm unable to record. I can record macro to other workbooks. What happened to the personal macro workbook ?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Will a Macro do this? If so, HOW?
I have a tracking spreadsheet going right now. Lots of dates and names. I would like to set up this sheet so that if I change a status (via dropdown menu) to complete, it automatically changes all dates to the next calendar year and clears that 'status'. Is this possible? Do I need a macro? And how do I set it up? I've never coded a macro, just recorded them... ...

Excel macro or command button to search using a user form
I have a user form which shows info about each student. I want to be able to enter a student's name in a textbox and have all the fields on the form populated with the student information. You need to be a lot more specific on what you are wanting else we have to make a lot of assumptions. I would recommend using a combobox instead of a textbox. This way you can utilize the Change Event and have the students info. automatically filled in the rest of your userform. I will assume you have a list of students in Sheet1 in Col. A. Just set the RowSource property of the c...

macro query disable download failure
Hello, I have a macro which retrieve different queries from the web. It happens that a resource at that moment isn''t available. If this happens the querie gives a message which said unable to open http://webpage This message i don't want to display (other routines herefor). I use "Application.DisplayAlerts = False" but this won't help. Can anybody help me with this problem. Thanks ...

Disable 'Macro' dialog box...
Thanks Geoff, for the info on how to protect the VBA code. Have one further question; Now that the workbook and code is protected, I have sub routines that are run from command buttons. However, it is still possible to push ALT-F8 to list my routines, then click on a routine, then choose 'Run'... Is there a way to disable this option, so that users can not view or run the list of available routines (I need them to run the routines, only from the command buttons). Ruskin You can do what you want by making each macro a Private macro. This will preclude that macro from appearing...

How to allow multiple users to update workbook (on network)?
How can I let multiple users update a single worksheet over a network? e.g. how can I let different users simultaneously (on a network) add new rows to existing rows of data? I know there's a function called Share Workbook under the Tools menu. What happens if two users attempt to add data to row 10? How do I deal with a situation where a user has added data to a row e.g. row 10; and another user seeing row 10 as blank and attempts to add data to row 10? Note: VBA Answers are also welcome :) -- quddusaliquddus -----------------------------------------------------------------------...

MACROS SETUP
I would like to set up a macro to do the following: RUN MACRO = SENDING E-MAIL Set up Retreive info from several files (specefic worksheet). Retreive base on number e.g (111-0 or 187-1 etc).Each number has an e-mail address. Format to send as e-mail: 1st TEN rows of the worksheet and rows corresponding with the numbers (117-0) Retreive ONE row above and below numbers Page break if several numbers has the same e-mail within a file/worksheet Page break when retreive info from different file Hi just as a starting point: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...

Adding the contents of cells from other workbooks
Dear All I am trying to develop a tour sheet which has values in given cells. I have created a master tour sheet in another workbook so that when you input numbers on the original worksheet they transfer overto the master workbook. I want to be able to transfer data to the master workbook from multiple, separate worksheets/books (other people will have copies of the worksheet and fil it in.) This is where i am struggling is how can i get the data to add when other sheets are filed in as at the moment it just replaces the original data in the master copy instead of adding to it. Hope i have e...

Shared 2007 Workbook, 3MB, 15 users, locks up after 2-3 hours of u
I) Scenario: A 3Mb Excel 2007 workbook with a single tab sheet is shared between 10 to 15 users who make changes to unprotected cells only and save regularly after every change is made. Each user makes about 100 to 200 saved changed over an 8 hour shift and a time span of 2-3 weeks. Networked PCs have 2GB RAM with users accessing 3 to 5 other programs besides Excel (Outlook, Acrobat, LPS, Company Intranet site, Internet sites,...) II) Issue/symptoms: a. everything works smoothly for 1 hour or 2, then some users start to get the message that the sheet is locked and they need t...

Macro to run when opening doc
Hi all Is there any way to make a macro run when opening a specific document?? Tks in advance António Hi Antonio, Yes, you can name the macro 'AutoOpen' or call it from a macro so-named in a normal code module. Alternatively, you can use a 'Document_Open' macro in the document's 'ThisDocument' module, instead of the 'AutoOpen' macro. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Antonio" <Antonio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:965EBAAC-A781-4163-9530-8454EDE1832B@microsoft.com... > Hi all &g...

Macro Error when moved Xcel Sheets from User's Home Dir to Networ
Hello Xcel spreadsheets Copied from User's Network Home Folder to Another Network Folder. copy \\network\home\userA\*x.s \\network\REPGROUP Getting "object variable or with block.." What else I need to copy, when copying from one network location to another. I reverted back to old way, still same problem Thanks Basheer Use FileCopy to copy files. -- Jim "Basheer" <Basheer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:744DF6C5-96B3-48B2-99AF-657487D87FCD@microsoft.com... | Hello | Xcel spreadsheets Copied from User's Network Home Folder to Another...

Macros failing in different language versions of Word
My company wants to standardize on templates across several countries - we have offices in many countries, but for simplicity I will just talk about UK and Sweden. My problem is that some features in the English version of Word do not work in the Swedish version of Word. For example, StylRef. I use StyleRef in the header margin to refer to "Heading 1" style. The problem is that it is not called "Heading 1" in the Swedish version of Word. It is called "Rubrik 1", which translates back to "Heading 1" of course. In the UK we use many macro...

Personal Adress Book- 2002
Hi, For some reason my instlation Outlook 2002\XP seems to be looking at the personal address book when i click on the address book (from the toolbar, an e-mail....) how do i get it to look at my contacts? harryguy082589@gmail.com <harryguy082589@gmail.com> wrote: > For some reason my instlation Outlook 2002\XP seems to be looking at > the personal address book when i click on the address book (from the > toolbar, an e-mail....) how do i get it to look at my contacts? First make sure you have the Outlook Address Book service installed in your mail profile. Then right-clic...

Want to keep seperate personal contact list,addr book and PST file
This message is cross posted in two groups public.outlook and public.outlook.general At work, I keep a personal pst file for personal email in a seperate directory with personal files. Every 6 months to a year, I create a new one, retire the old one and back it up to CD, no problem. This keeps my personal stuff completely seperate from work stuff. Oh yeah, Windows2000Pro & Outlook 2000 (connected to Exchange server I believe, whatever that means) I would like to do the same with my contact information. It seems to me that the contact info is in the "main" pst file. I cannot ev...

reference data of other workbook
When I write a formula, I reference data of other sheets using sheetname!rowcolumn. How could I reference data in other workbook. Is it workbookname!sheetname!rowcolumn or something like this? My appreciation for your answer. bingy@sina.com Hi With other workbook opened: =[OtherWorkbook.xls]SheetName!A1 With other workbook closed: ='C:\My Documents\[OtherWorkbook.xls]SheetName'!A1 or ='\\ComputerName\SharedFolder\SubFolder1\...\[OtherWorkbook.xls]SheetName'!A 1 When you create a link with opened source workbook, and then close source workbook, the reference is adjusted ...

Referencing a macro in an Excel formula
Is it possible to reference a macro in an Excel formula. I want to create a formula that if a condition does not exist in a cell on that line, then delete the entire line. Is a macro the way to go or is there some other way? ...

Removing Corrupt styles in an excel workbook
Hello, How can I remove corrupt styles from an Excel 2000 workbook ? I've tried deleteing through the menus - but that doesn't work, and I've tried through VBA, but that fails with an error for the styles that are corrupt. (Delete method of style class failed) e.g. for i=1 to activeworkbook.styles.count:debug.print activeworkbook.styles.item(i).name:activeworkbook.styles.item(i).delete:next i Inspecting the names of the styles that are failing to delete displays a couple of non-printable characters show as squares, or Yen symbols. Any idea how to obliterate these styles ...

How do I set a macro to run at specific times?
Hi I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could someone tell me how I do this You can read about the scheduling procedures at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm Nick123 wrote: > > Hi > > I have recorded a macro which I want to run automatically every hour. Could > someone tell me how I do this -- Dave Peterson ...

Unhiding All hidden Worksheets with a Macro/VBA Code
Hi, Can anyone help me please ? Whilst working with an Excel Workbook I often hide all unwanted Worksheets leaving only the ones I need to work on visible. What I would like to do is have a macro or VBA code to click on a button to unhide all hidden worksheets rather repeating Format-Sheet-Unhide to unhide each worksheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated (Excel version Excel 2000) Many thanks Rob -- robertguy 44 Married two kids ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

Protect macro
I have a workbook that contains a macro that many people will be using. can the macro be protected to prevent changes to the macro. I can protect worksheets but I don't know how to protect a macro. Garry Open your workbook Open the VBE hit ctrl-r to see the project explorer Select your project in the project explorer window Tools|VBAProject Properties|Protection Tab Give it a memorable password (and lock the project from viewing) But remember, this password, like any password, can be broken by anyone with enough time or money. On 07/07/2010 08:57, Paladin046 wrote: > I have a wo...

How to add button for macro in Fluent UI?
I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the workbooks in my PC. I want to add a button in the fluent UI for that macro which will be available for all the work books. How to add a custom button? If you want to learn about modifying the ribbon, you can start at Ron de Bruin's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- For macros for all workbooks (saved as an addin) or http://www.rondebruin.nl/2007addin.htm Yajiv wrote: > > I have a macro in my personal.xlsb which will be available for all the > workbooks in my PC. &...

Macros and Autofills problem
Can anybody help with this problem I'm having on Excel? I'm trying to write a Macro on Excel that gets information from database and the filters the information by various calculations an lookups. I get stuck because information I retrieve from the database does no always have the same amount of rows. So if I record a Macro, retrieve the date from the database, write formula in the first row and then double click on the lower right han box to copy the formula down to the other rows of information, it work fine. But if I run the Macro again and there are more rows from the data...

How To Find A Macro -- Word 2007
Our company has several hundred controlled forms that are saved as protected templates on a server. Recently, we've had many cases of people trying to open these templates and getting error messages about macros (Do you want to enable?) even though there shouldn't be any macros in the forms that are giving the errors. I know very little (read "less than nothing") about macros. How do you find and disable an unwanted macro in a document? Where do they hide? I don't know if it matters, but all of the forms that give these errors have been recently revised...

Search within workbook
Hi all, I am newbie with excel. Situation follows. I have a workbook with two sheets, each sheet has around 6000 rows(part number) and 6 columns (various prices for coresponding par number). This is a price list imported from Access. 1. I need to protect workbook(read only) for distribution and provid search option for entire workbook. (i.e. search for part number and result should be entire ro highlighted for that part) With ctrl-f default option is search "within a sheet" and I nee "within a workbook"as a default. 2. Should (and how) I create third sheet for search op...

Finding Macros In Workbooks
Is there a wasy to find all Excel workbooks in a folder that have a macro in them. If so, how? Thanks, John ...

macros, but i dont't see them
My workbook says that it contains macros, (i tried to get a macro t work) but i no longer needed it, so I deleted it. BUt each time I ope the workbook, it says that there are macros. How can i find an existing macros (either in the workbook or on visual basic) and remov them? Thank you in advance for any help that you can give -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi This might help: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- Andy. "pboost1 >" <<pboost1.19uo36@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:pboost1.19uo36@excelforum-nospam.com...