Personal macro workbook and personal.xls

Yet another question on this topic. I cannot create a macro in my personal
macro workbook as it comes up with the error message "Personal Macro Workbook
in the startup folder must stay open for recording". I have searched c: for
the personal.xls file and it doesn't exist - checked start up folder and not
there. I have detect and repaired excel. I have checked disabled items. I
have checked hide/unhide. Can anyone help me?? am I missing something obvious?

Cheers
0
Kilkenny (1)

When you looked for personal.xls, did you look for hidden files and through
hidden folders?

Maybe looking again using an old DOS command would help:

(Windows start button|run
for winNT/win2k (winXP):   cmd
for win9*, type:           command

Then

dir c:\personal.xl* /s /ah

--

Dave Peterson
0

Share Workbook option grayed out
I need to share a workbook that I want to distribute to several users but the "share workbook" option under the tools menu is grayed out. If I create a new file, that option is there but I need to use the workbook that is already created. Any ideas why this option might not be available? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks. Do you have created lists under data>list in this workbook If so you must convert it/them to a normal range before you can share the workbook -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "WieczKid" <WieczKid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Icons For Macro's
Is there any web site I can go to get fancy command buttons for macro buttons. I've created a new custom command macro but all I can use is the 'smiley face' :( Specifically I'm looking for some calendar / sheet image Thanks Hi If you go to View / Toolbars / Customize you can then right-click on the button and Copy / Paste an image or select a different one. -- Andy. "John" <johndoconnor@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:smrhc.5164$qP2.12818@news.indigo.ie... > Is there any web site I can go to get fancy command buttons for macro > buttons. I'...

adding lines of code to a macro to delete rows
Hello: As the last step of a macro that I have written, I need all rows at the end of this spreadsheet to be deleted. (The rows at the end of the spreadsheet have bogus data, and I need to get rid of all of those rows and leave just rows of "real" data--long story short.) Specifically, the row after the last row of "real" data is a cell in column A that simply contains the word "Grand". How do I put in code at the end that says "delete all rows at the end of this spreadsheet beginning with this last row that contains just the word 'G...

Workbook Window will not maximize
Help! I am using Excel 2007 SP2 on Windows XP. When I open my Workbook, the program window opens maximized, but the workbook window opens smaller and the workbook window does not have the maximize, minimize or close buttons like usual. I can't figure out how to fix this. Has anyone else dealt with this before? On Nov 18, 9:06=A0am, magmike <magmi...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Help! I am using Excel 2007 SP2 on Windows XP. > > When I open my Workbook, the program window opens maximized, but the > workbook window opens smaller and the workbook window does not have > the maxim...

can I replace all with a macro?
Hi, Can I replace (all "i" characters with "�") and (all "g" characters with "�") and (all "u" characters with "�") within all cells of all Excel sheets in a workbook with a VB macro? TIA Record a macro in Excel that does it, and you will then know you can. -- HTH RP "J_J" <jack@msn.com> wrote in message news:uxhZJRttEHA.3384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > Can I replace (all "i" characters with "�") and (all "g" characters with > "�") and (all "u" ch...

Log of users who open the workbook
Hi y'all, I used the search command and found several of your answers to this question, but each of them failed in the VBA for some reason. Yes, I'm in the VBA part (Alt+F11), I double clicked on ThisWorkbook, a window opened and I pasted the given code, one at a time, into the window, saved, exited the book, re-opened the book, and get an error each time. I dont really need to track changes, since I'll be the only one making any changes. The other user(s) who open this are only there to get information that I've entered, nothing else. I'd just like to know the...

Why when I click on my address book it shows the person's fax #
I just installed Office 2003. When I go to my address book it shows not only the person email address but also their fax number. How can I clean it up and stop that? http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTE...

macros, selfcert, portability
(Excel 2002, SP3) I have just written some VBA pgms, for the first time. In the course of doing this, I had to sign them. (I don't know if this is always true, or if I just took a wrong turn somewhere.) So, I did the self-cert thing. After doing that, I could run the macros with macro security set high. I was able to run the same WS on another PC with Excel 2002, after I "added the certificate" to the "trusted persons root". I can't say I had a clear picture of what I was doing, but it seemed to work. When I try to run the same WS on a PC with Excel 2003, ...

Vb macro stops when I try to create more than 89 charts
I created an Excel2002 VB macro that manipulates some data in different ways then it creates charts of the certain parts of data that I extracted. Every time when the macro is trying to create the 90th chart the macro stops (the VB Editor still says that the macro is running but nothing happen). When I press the pause or the stop button the Excel closes without any warning. Is there a limitation on how many charts I can create, or is something to do with my computer memory (and if that is the problem any suggestions on how to re-write the procedures to manage the memory better?) I have...

Outlook Epxress Error Personal Address Error Msg
Until recently I used Outlook as my primary email. I installed and beganned to use Outlook Express instead..I just happened to like its features. After converting over I how receive an error message that reads "Your personal address book could not be opened. The file is either not accessible or is not a personal address book. Choose retry to use your personal address book, or choose cancel to not use your personal address book wit this application." The program crashes if I choose the option to cancel or to retry. I can not launch Outlook Epress. I have tried to locat...

How to personalize emails to multiple recipients?
Hello, I'd like to "personalize" emails I send to many recipients. That means easy things like having the recipients in some format db or Excel and then send it too all of them with having everyone addressed like "Dear John" etc. Is there any option I could do that with, like using fields or something? Thanks for your help Thomas Use Mail Merge. Help has directions. "Thomas" wrote: > Hello, > > I'd like to "personalize" emails I send to many recipients. That means easy > things like having the recipients in some format db or...

Maximunm # of Spreadsheets in any Workbook
Folks: What is the maximum number of spreadsheets that can be opened in any workbook. I am using the Excel 2000 platform Thanks, John. Depends on what your PC hardware will support. JoJo wrote: > Folks: > > > What is the maximum number of spreadsheets that can be opened in any > workbook. > I am using the Excel 2000 platform > > > > Thanks, > John. > > Hi John, All these and similar limits can always be found in Help>Specifications -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Bob I" <birelan@yahoo.com>...

Hide Macros with password.
Have written many macros and wish to protect them from prying eyes with password. Any way??? Thanks. Richard, In the VBA Editor, go to the Tools menu, choose VBA Project Properties, then the Protection tab. There, check the "Lock Project For Viewing" check box and enter a password. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174d701c418b7$36e90860$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Have written many macros and wish to protect them from > p...

Excel 2000, cannot edit macro, nothing happens when I select "edit"
I have a worksheet built by someone else with many macros built in and they all are operational - no error messages. I want to edit one macro in the worksheet. I follow the steps: Tools, Macro, Macros (here I get the list of macros in the spreadsheet). I select the name of the one in the list that I want to edit then select "Edit" and nothing happens. The macro window closes and I'm back in the worksheet. Microsoft Visual Basic does not open and there is no error message. As a test, I recorded my own macro in the worksheet then followed the same steps above but selected my ...

How do I assign security and protection to an Excel 2000 workbook.
I'm stumped - I am working in Excel 2000 - which does not have a Secuirty Tab in the Options dialog box. How do I assign security and protection to a workbook in Excel 2000? Hi Those functions are found in the File > SaveAs menu. See Dick's page http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004/10/password_protec.html HTH. Best wishes Harald "Patsy" <Patsy@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:986CC9D5-4E99-4F99-BB12-D7BB31DFF5C7@microsoft.com... > I'm stumped - I am working in Excel 2000 - which does not have a Secuirty Tab > in the Options dialog box....

Cells to link to "current workbook"
I have a spreadsheet that contains pricing that is calculated by referencing cells in various other workbooks saved under customer names (not at the same time). I need to create a macro that will allow me to easily link my pricing workbook to my customer workbooks. Any macro that I have tried to create to accomplish that limits itself to the workbook I pointed it to while creating it. Is there a way to write the code that can be flexible to reference any workbook and not specifically the workbook it originally referenced? Hope that made sense. I'm stuck. I've tried all kinds...

Macro Question #15
How do you write a macro that specifices the largest number result in range of values -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Beth do you mean that you want to return the Maximum of a range with a formula use =MAX(A1:A100) with vba use max_value = application.worksheetfunction.max(Range("A1:A100")) where range A1:A100 are your numbers Cheers JulieD "Beth0202 >" <<Beth0202.1cq81h@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Beth0202.1cq81h@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do you write a macro that specifices the largest number result in a &g...

Creating New Workbook from Sheet
Hi, any help with the following would be really appreciated, I have some VB Code, which works well, that for each change in a value in column A creates a new sheet. However what I now need to do is to either; a) create a new workbook for each of the newly created workshets, or b) instead of creating a new sheet to directly create a workbook, the ultimate end goal is to automatically email these workbooks or sheets. my code for creating a new worksheet is Sub create_new_sheets() Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ws1 As Worksheet Dim WSNew As Worksheet Dim rng As R...

Multiple Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail Navigation panes
Would greatly appreciate help. I have two Personal Folders (both with the same sub folders: Inbox, Sent Items, etc.) in the Folder List and Mail views in the Navigation Pane. With both, when I right click on them, the selection "close personal folder" is grayed. How do I get rid of one of them?? Thank you. If they are true personal folders then you must go through tools, services, highlight appropriate personal folder and remove it there. This is for Outlook 2k, you didnt specify which version. >-----Original Message----- >Would greatly appreciate help. >I have two ...

macro for functionname
I use THIS_FILE to write the name of the file of the function executed to my own debugfile, but I would like to print the name of the function too. Instead of: LineDbg.Format(_T("%s::MyFunction\n"), THIS_FILE); I would like to write something like LineDbg.Format(_T("%s::%s\n"), THIS_FILE, macro_returning_functionname); Is this posisble? ...

no more new fonts can be applied to this workbook
Hi, Can anyone help with the above message. A spreadsheet is coming up with it in an alert msgbox. If i remove the the footer from print setup it solves the problem. Any ideas ? Thanks for any help, Steve Hi have a look at this thread: http://tinyurl.com/6hsyc Also see: XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets Containing Charts http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q215573 and XL97: How to Turn Off Automatic Font Scaling in All Charts http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q292263 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Steve Lloyd wrote: > Hi, ...

Protecting macros #2
I need to password protect macros attached to a workbook - not the same as protecting the sheets. All help gratefully received. TIA, Dan -- Dan E webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com In the VBA Editor, go to the Tools menu, choose VBA Project Properties, then the Protection tab. Check the Lock Project For Viewing option and enter a password. Note that the password protection is not very secure. There are a variety of programs on the net that can break the password in a matter of seconds. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.c...

shared workbook is set up is not 'shared' on network
An Excel workbook I set up and colleagues have been using simultaneoulsy for years suddenly is not being shared when I upload it to the network. ...

Can macros be applied when using the viewer?
Can anyone tell me if excel macros can be applied to excel files whne they are viewed using the Excel viewer? So we have a macro that is initiated when we hit Shift + Q that displays any hidden files.. Would this work when using the viewer? NO -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "plsntn_rules" <plsntnrules@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:627BED4C-9436-4EAA-A08C-CF39FF9ABC08@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me if excel macros can be applied to excel files whne they > are viewed using the Excel viewer? > > So we have a ...

Integrat excel workbook in asp.net for edit and display
Hi, I want to add Excel Worksheet and inter-act with it in an ASP.NET page. Then give the user the ability to edit it, and save it. Currently I ma using MS Office 2003 and MS VStudio 2005. Can this be done? Any help will be appreciated. Rad ...