Performing Division

I have a 1000 cells with values in them.  I want to divide each of thes
cells by 100.  I want to do it all at once of course, not one at a time
How can I do this?

Your help is greatly appreciated

--
JohnnyCa
JohnnyCat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1658

put 1000 in a cell>copy>edit>paste special>divide

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16584
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314463

0
Don
11/17/2004 5:52:20 PM
forgot an IMPORTANT step
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> put 1000 in a cell>copy>edit>paste special>divide
>
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "JohnnyCat" <JohnnyCat.1fvm4m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I have a 1000 cells with values in them.  I want to divide each of these
> > cells by 100.  I want to do it all at once of course, not one at a time.
> > How can I do this?
> >
> > Your help is greatly appreciated.
> >

> > --
> > JohnnyCat
> > JohnnyCat's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16584
> > View this thread:

Don
11/17/2004 5:55:04 PM
And if you followed Don's advice to the letter, you need to put 10 in a cell
and use the same process to multiply because he had you divide by 1000 when
you asked for 100. Unfortunately there will be a loss of 1 sig fig but, of
course, you have a back up file.

best wishes
Bernard <sorry, Don!>

> forgot an IMPORTANT step
>> put 1000 in a cell>copy>edit>paste special>divide
>> put 1000 in a cell>copy>select range to change>edit>paste special>divide
> --
> Don Guillett
> SalesAid Software
> donaldb@281.com
> "Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
>> put 1000 in a cell>copy>edit>paste special>divide
>>
>> --
>> Don Guillett
>> SalesAid Software
>> donaldb@281.com
>> "JohnnyCat" <JohnnyCat.1fvm4m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I have a 1000 cells with values in them.  I want to divide each of
>> > these
>> > cells by 100.  I want to do it all at once of course, not one at a
>> > time.
>> > How can I do this?
>> >
>> > Your help is greatly appreciated.
>> >

>> > --
>> > JohnnyCat
>> > JohnnyCat's Profile:
>> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16584
>> > View this thread:

bliengme5824 (3040)
11/17/2004 6:15:34 PM
I saw 1000. Maybe the OP figured it out?? No reply so OK ???

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH.ca> wrote in message
> And if you followed Don's advice to the letter, you need to put 10 in a
cell
> and use the same process to multiply because he had you divide by 1000
when
> you asked for 100. Unfortunately there will be a loss of 1 sig fig but, of
> course, you have a back up file.
>
> best wishes
> Bernard <sorry, Don!>
>

> "Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> > forgot an IMPORTANT step
> >> put 1000 in a cell>copy>edit>paste special>divide
> >> put 1000 in a cell>copy>select range to change>edit>paste
special>divide
> > --
> > Don Guillett
> > SalesAid Software
> > donaldb@281.com
> > "Don Guillett" <donaldb@281.com> wrote in message
> >> put 1000 in a cell>copy>edit>paste special>divide
> >>
> >> --
> >> Don Guillett
> >> SalesAid Software
> >> donaldb@281.com
> >> "JohnnyCat" <JohnnyCat.1fvm4m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> >> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16584
> > http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=314463

0
Don

Cannot perform a right click on the cells
Hi , I cannot perform a right click on the cells (functions like copy paste,format...etc) in excel (xp version). However, all these can be found when i right click on my words or powerpt. Dun think it is my mouse that is faulty. Pls assist. Regards Something must be wrong in your options. Did this just start happening or is it something new. Click on Tools, then click on Options and then select the edit tab. Make sure that the only thing NOT selected is the fixed decimal then you should be all set. >-----Original Message----- >Hi , > I cannot perform a right click ...

Mailing with exchange 2003
Hi, The organization where I am working at the moment has a domain with 2 proliant ML370G4 servers with W2003 server incl sp1. One of the servers, domain controller, also has the exchange 2003 + DNS configured. They try to send mailings. They send mailings of about 2000 emails with attachment of 350K in blocks of 100 internet recipients a time. Problem is: During the send of the mailing, server performance is zero. Server hardly reacts and internet in the domain is hardly available. google.com takes about 25secs to appear. The company has a 2Mbit SDSL line (T1) and a report from...

us payroll
After performing the 2005 year end user tried to do her checks in her payroll batch and it said :"another user is performing a check run, checks cannot be calculated." She has recreated her batch and still receives this error. ------=_NextPart_0001_3CD20887 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Jason, My name is Jen and I will be assisting you with your US Payroll Year End question. I understand you are after completing the year end process a user is getting the "another user is performing a check run, checks cannot be calculated." messag...

2ND POST : Trying to forward a message in a public folder gives "you do not have siginificant permissions to perform this operation on this object"
Hi, Trying to forward a message in a public folder gives "you do not have significant permissions to perform this operation on this object". Any ideas? What does "significant permissions" mean? Thanks, Alan http://www.sadevelopment.com Partition Boot Manager and Large Drive Tools utilities! do you get this alert when you hit forward or after you hit send? if after send, its using the folder's address and you don't have send as permission. Show the from field and delete the address. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in ...

List<T> not performing as expected
I have an form that displays a slideshow of pictures. It uses a List<PictureFile> to store the slideshow photos, filenames, and options whether or not a photo should be included in a list to export later. When I make one or more items of List<PictureFile> included, the GoToNextPicture and GoToPreviousPicture methods do not work correctly and whenever they attempt to move to an included picture, they jump around. I suspected something in List<T>.ElementAt and switched to List<T>[index] but had no luck. My code: (I trimmed out some irrelevant methods and a...

Customization by javascript can't perform on Outlook client?
Dear All, Please help my urgent situation! I have some customization by javascript in entitties events, such as updating all Account address details into Primary Contacts address details. It works successfully when i using CRM Web client. But on Outlook client, it doesn't work !!!! Why that? My customer don't want to use Web client, just want to use Outlook client for all tasks related to CRM. So, please help me for this problems!!! Many thanks. ...

jetstress disk performance test takes more than 2 hours
Hi, I am new to this performance tool. i have installed jetstress 2004 on MS server 2003 and exchange server 2003. I have created a setup where my server is connected to external storage where there is enough disk space avaliable about 500 GB and using one of the disk for the database and other for the log.When i ran the test with one database and only 1000 mailboxes with each mailbox with 100 MB. Now the test is running for 5 hours and only completed 40%. the default time is set to 2 hours. I don't know why it is taking so much time??? -Gagan On 7 Dec 2005 04:59:09 -0800, "Gagan&...

How to get data from performance counters only for one particular process
Look at this: [30]: Get-Process svchost Handles NPM(K) PM(K) WS(K) VM(M) CPU(s) Id ProcessName ------- ------ ----- ----- ----- ------ -- ----------- 260 13 6088 10408 67 1,87 248 svchost 759 43 12540 15400 112 3,95 684 svchost 708 39 21840 17420 150 9,22 768 svchost .... 94 8 2680 4552 50 0,16 2324 svchost [31]: Get-Counter -list process -computer c | select -exp pathswithinstances | ? { $_ -match 'svchost' } \\c\Process(svchost)\...

Get Performed Illegal Action message with Files, Properties, OK
Hope you can help with this. With Outlook 2000, if I open an email, click Files, Properties, OK, and then click Files again, I get the "Performed Illegal Operation" message and Outlook closes. Why is this? Thanks for your help. ...

Crash when viewing portfolio with performance view
I recently got a copy of Money 2004 and coverted my Quicken 99 database. The conversion went fine and it mostly all works, but when I try to view my portfolio in performance mode, Money crashes. The crash is a little odd in that Windows doesn't ask to send an error report to Microsoft. Any ideas? For those technically inclined, I attached a debugger to the msmoney.exe process and repeated the steps that lead to the crash. The debugger reports a lot of floating-point overflow exceptions just before the process terminates, so perhaps Money thinks I have a zero-cost basis for some of my s...

Corrections after performing a blind closeout
What happens if I perform a blind closeout.then do an x-out report to make sure everything balances.and I see a mistake (ie. a sale should have been cancelled but it went through)? How does making a correction (ie. void a sale) after the blind closeout effect the ability to Z-out? Can I Z-out after the correction is made if other sales have been entered since the blind close-out? Thanks in advance- Any Void or more likely Return after the Blind Close is going to be reflected in the next batch - you can't 'back-date' a transaction into the previous batch. IMO, the on...

MSMoney - min requirements
I'm using MSMoney V-2003 which I find to be very slow! The box that it came in says that the program will run on a pentium II computer with CPU speed of 166, but 300 is recommended. I would like to know if anyone is using MSMoney on a computer with only the minimum requirements and their comments on performance. My bet is that we will identify nobody who has entered more than a week or two worth of data and wants to have some time left over to eat and sleep in a day who is even close to the minimum or recommended. How much machine are you running it on? Have you read http://umpmfa...

Performance indicator
Hi, I would appreciate someone's help on getting the following macro correct in the way I would like it to perform. I have a file which measures key elements for eg. Revenue, net etc... What the macro does - Plan/Budget figures for the full year are mentioned in Col D. Actual figures are entered in col DE, DF, and DG titled Jan., Feb., and Mar., The Actual figures are added in Col DC titled YTD (performed by the Macro). The Actual figures are annualised and compared to Plan. A horizontal bar is created either in Green, Yellow or Red depending on the performance. A vertical line showin...

Performance problem with large spreadsheet
Two computers: Computer1 (desktop): Pentium D - dual core, 3.2 GHz 2 GB Memory Windows Vista Ultimate Computer2 (laptop): Core 2 duo 2.16 GHz 3 GB Memory Windows XP SP2 Both computers are running Office 2007 Enterprise. Both computers have all the Excel options set the same. Both have copies of the same spreadsheet with 300,000 rows. On both computers, I start Excel and load this spreadsheet from a local disk. On both computers, I delete 1000 rows. Computer1 completes this function instantly. Computer2 completes this function in 4.5 minutes - with the CPU pegged the whole time. Anyone ha...

CRM Outlook performance issues
After installing CRM Outlook client performance becomes unexceptable. Very often while performing activities like clicking "Reply", opening or creating a new emails CRM Outlook freezes up for more than 5 seconds. (CPU, RAM use on client PC are normal) There are only two CRM users in our company. CRM 3.0 server is installed on W2K3 SP1 server running also SQL server 2000 w/3Ghz processor, 2GB RAM. PC where client is installed has 2GB RAM, 3Ghz processor, configured in Exchange "Online" mode. There are only 25 mailboxes on separate W2K3 / Exchange 2003 SP1 server w/3G...

Outlook cannot perform this search
Hi, On using advanced search and search from the context menu I get the following error when the advanced search box opens. "Outlook cannot perform your search. Outlook cannot display this view. The folders specified are not available." The feature worked fine earlier. I have tried the fix outlook /cleanfilters suggested in the KB and on this newsgroup with not success. I have also started outlook in safe mode and deleted all but the default search folders. I have also used the outlook /resetfolders switch to start Outlook. Even after all the above the error still persists. Is the...

Slow Performance
ok - I am backing up several servers(8-10) and several different data types (primarily SQL and Files), i have DPM2007 running on a dell dual quadcore server over 8GB of memory. i am backing up to a Dell TL2000 Tape drive using Iscsi, on a 10/100 cisco ME3400 to backup the file shares on my file server (220GB) is taking upwards of 12 hours, and this is allowing it to run fully unthrottled. if i throttle it down during the work day - i see time approaching 24 hours. is this normal? is there any tips or tricks for increasing performance? You're running your backups o...

How to respond to a job performance review?
Well being an employee i always concern for my appraisals after all i work dedicated for it through the year but how to manage the things when your job appraisal is been reviewed juts like this step i really find very good )- Remember that everyone has areas that could be improved upon mentioned in http://www.tictacdo.com/ttd//How_to_respond_to_a_job_performance_review i am looking forward for your thoughts? ...

CRM 4.0 Performance
Hello, Does anyone know if the performance of 4.0 is better than 3.0 when using the Outlook Client? Also, does anyone know what the upgrade is like for the Server and Outlook Client? Thanks, Chris the performanc of 4.0 is much better than 3.0, epsecially when using the outlook client 4.0 has features like background synching process to sync records between the client and the server. As for the upgrade process, it is straighforward and easy ( considering that you have ur dev made according to sdk requirements) Rgs, Thanks for the feedback. I am excited to do the upgrade. Thanks, Chr...

Outlook 2007 still very sluggish even with performance patch.
Outlook 2007 is very sluggish on my machine. It takes 4 to 5 minutes for outlook to become usuable after I execute the application. When first creating a new message there is a fairly significant lag between typing and the words appearing on the screen. I have disabled all add- ins and installed all the updates for outlook. I have deleted all the large emails, over 100mbs worth, and archived several thousands emails yet my .pst file was only reduced by a 20 - 30 mbs. Is this not also strange? Any ideas on how I can get this to run fasters? I have an older machine with only a 1.33ghz Ath...

I get an error when performing an inter-store transfer.
I get the following error: Item description not found in store database. Cannot perform inter-store inventory transfer. Any suggestions? pangyan, Sounds like some data corruption. In both SO and HQ Admin, reindex and check. Do a backup first!! -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Retail Management System on the right. http://t...

Paging Size set up for sql 2005 best performance
erver windows 2003 sp1. 64 bits, Paging file size for selected drive C is (custom selected) Initial 2046 MB, and maximum 4092 MB. It is currently allocated 4081 MB. Computer RAM memory is 8GB. Server functions as a database MS SQL 2005 server, and it is used under heavy insert database operations The problem is that it can be seen on windows task manager there is on PF usage and Page File Usage hHstory around 8.2 GB paging file size not 4081 GB as it is given on virtual memory page set up. DoleBludger (DoleBludger@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > erver windows 200...

How can I conditionally join against a table for better performance?
Hi, I want to join from table A to table B, but table B has a lot of records, so the performance isn't great. However most of the records in A don't need to join to table B. The only records that need the join are ones where A.Col3 = 2. So I created a query like this: select * from A inner join B on A.Col2 = B.Col2 and A.Col3 = 2 It seems to me that it should only try to join to B for records were A.Col3 = 2. However, even if I add a WHERE clause that returns no records for which A.Col3 = 2, the performance is bad. If I do the following query, the performance is good ...

division
Hi, how I can remove a user starting from a division. Thanck you. Are you asking if you can remove a user from CRM? Darren Liu Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Sep 21, 5:20 am, ahmed <ah...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, how I can remove a user starting from a division. > Thanck you. ...

CRM 3.0 Web client performance questions
Hello - I seem to have a bit of a connundrum here and was wondering if anyone else has experienced a simmilar issue. We've currently got CRM 3.0 up and working but I have gotten some questions regarding performance from some of my users that access CRM using the web client on a WAN link. They are overseas and the server is located in the US. They've got a 512kb connection and we've got a full t-1 connection. They are stating that it can take them anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 min to load a page. So, I had them do some investigating and testing with some other machines ...