Pasting Word table cell with paragraph markers into single Excel c

I have a Microsoft Word document that contains a table, each cell of which
may contain paragraph markers.  I need to copy and paste this table into
Excel.  However, whenever a cell from the Word table contains paragraph
markers, rather than pasting the contents of the entire cell into a single
cell in Excel, the paragraph markers are treated as delimiters, and the data
is pasted into multiple Excel cells.  If the cell from the table in Word
contains one paragraph marker, then when I paste that cell to Excel, it
pastes it into two cells.  If it contains two paragraph markers, then it
pastes into three cells, and so on.  I need to be able to paste this Word
table into Excel so that the paragraph markers are treated like "alt-Return"
- that is, a hard return within a single cell in Excel, so each cell from the
table in Word gets pasted into one cell in Excel, regardless of how many
paragraph markers are contained in each cell.  Any ideas?
0
Steve3367 (862)

Saved from a previous post:

If your cells in your word table contain paragraph mark or linebreak characters,
then excel will bring them over as separate cells.

One way around it is to convert those paragraph marks & linebreaks to unique
characters, then copy|paste and then convert them back to linefeeds.

I like this technique (inside a copy of the word file):
Select your table.
Edit|replace|Special (show More if required)
Find what: (paragraph mark under Special button)
replace with:  $$$$$     (if $$$$$ doesn't appear in the table)
replace all

Same thing with Manual Line break (from under Special).

Now copy the table into Excel.

Edit|Replace
Replace what: $$$$$
Replace with: hit and hold the alt and type 0010 from the number pad--not above
QWERTY.

It may look like you haven't done anything, but if you did it right, you
replaced $$$$$ with alt-enter.
Replace all.

Don't forget to close the word document without saving (or hit undo as many
times as necessary).

--

Dave Peterson
0

visible cell only

Using part of a cell in a chart title

Excel 2007

Excel to PDF
When converting Excel workbook to Acrobat some sheets are dropped without giving any error messages. How can I fix this ? I am using windows 95, Office 97 and Adobe Acrobat 4. ...

Inserting form values into a table

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

move cell contents

Excel not Access