Pasting text into one cell (Excel wants to dump in multiple cells)?

<lol>  I can't believe I've never asked this one either?
Opportunity never came up ...

Every once in a while I need to paste paragraphs of text
into an Excel cell (i.e., comments from one source into a
log).  And Excel naturally takes the data and puts each
paragraph into its own cell even if in same column.

Is there a way for Excel to ignore all the hard returns as
prompts for a new cell and instead to treat them as
ordinary returns so that I get the comments in paragraph-
form into one cell?

I hope my question is clear (?).  <g>

Thank you!
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi

Before you paste, hit F2 on the cell (edit mode). I think this will chuck
the whole paste into one cell!

--
Andy.

"Bridget" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> <lol>  I can't believe I've never asked this one either?
> Opportunity never came up ...
>
> Every once in a while I need to paste paragraphs of text
> into an Excel cell (i.e., comments from one source into a
> log).  And Excel naturally takes the data and puts each
> paragraph into its own cell even if in same column.
>
> Is there a way for Excel to ignore all the hard returns as
> prompts for a new cell and instead to treat them as
> ordinary returns so that I get the comments in paragraph-
> form into one cell?
>
> I hope my question is clear (?).  <g>
>
> Thank you!

0
andyb1 (494)
5/20/2004 3:45:18 PM
WELL, D'UH!!! <rofl>

Why didn't I _ever_ think of that??!!!

Thanks, that did the trick!

:oD

0
anonymous (74722)

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

learning Excel #3

default values in a cell

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Excel VBA

Any way to open an excel file directly to a worksheet?
I am building an application with an icon that launches an excel file when clicked. Is there any way I can open the file directly to a specified worksheet? The names of the worksheet are fixed and so is the file, so I am guessing adding some parameter after the filename should do the trick. Any help will be appreciated. Regards Sid -- skiddyrow ------------------------------------------------------------------------ skiddyrow's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386335 Hey...

Please Help with Multiple Field Primary Keys
I have two tables in a database that have to use four fields for a unique identifier and primary key. How do I set up a query to set a relationship between those four fields together as one? When I add the tables to the query I see the fields, but I am not having any success properly setting the relationships. The upper half of the query design window is where the 2 tables appear. Drag Field1 from Table1, and drop it into Field1 from Table2. Access displays a join line from one table to the other. Drag Field2 from Table1, and drop it into Field2 from Table2. Repeat for the other 3 f...