Pasting an excel worksheet into word

How do I rotate an Excel worksheet 90 degrees when pasting it into a Word file?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi
one workaround:
- copy the data in Excel
- insert the data as PICTURE within MS Word ('Edit - Paste Special')
- use the 'Draw' toolbar to rotate this picture

Note: The data is not updated within this picture if you change the
Excel file.

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Rix wrote:
> How do I rotate an Excel worksheet 90 degrees when pasting it into a
> Word file?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/23/2004 4:26:22 PM
Frank
When I do this the rotate buttons are greyed out and I can't use them.
0
anonymous (74722)
5/23/2004 5:31:02 PM
Hi
I just tried it (with Excel/Office 2003) and it works:
- I pasted the data as 'Picture'
- I was able to rotate in 90 degree steps (free rotation was NOT
available)

So you may check if 90 degree rotation is possible for you. Another
reason could be that this is a new feature for Office 2003 (not sure
about that)

Another option would be to use an imaging program of your choice and
rotate the graphic within this program (e.g. PaintShop or any other
similar program)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Rix wrote:
> Frank,
> When I do this the rotate buttons are greyed out and I can't use
them.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/23/2004 5:38:07 PM
Thanks for your help.  I'll try your other suggestions.  When I tried the special paste option neither free rotation nor 90 degree rotation were available.
0
anonymous (74722)
5/23/2004 5:46:03 PM
Hi
this option is only available in the 'Drawing' toolbar AFTER inserting
the data as picture

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Rix wrote:
> Thanks for your help.  I'll try your other suggestions.  When I tried
> the special paste option neither free rotation nor 90 degree rotation
> were available.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/23/2004 6:17:08 PM
IIRC, free rotation from the picture toolbar is available in MacXL only.

In article <uXkJdyOQEHA.3456@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
 "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote:

> I just tried it (with Excel/Office 2003) and it works:
> - I pasted the data as 'Picture'
> - I was able to rotate in 90 degree steps (free rotation was NOT
> available)
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
5/23/2004 6:49:26 PM
Hi JE
you Mac users really do have better programs :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

JE McGimpsey wrote:
> IIRC, free rotation from the picture toolbar is available in MacXL
> only.
>

> In article <uXkJdyOQEHA.3456@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>,
>  "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote:
>
>> I just tried it (with Excel/Office 2003) and it works:
>> - I pasted the data as 'Picture'
>> - I was able to rotate in 90 degree steps (free rotation was NOT
>> available)
0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/23/2004 7:00:37 PM
Where do you think the R&D for WinXL occurs?

In article <e6l2jgPQEHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
 "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote:

> you Mac users really do have better programs :-)
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
5/23/2004 7:07:12 PM
lol
I know :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

JE McGimpsey wrote:
> Where do you think the R&D for WinXL occurs?
>
> In article <e6l2jgPQEHA.3300@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
>  "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote:
>
>> you Mac users really do have better programs :-)
0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/23/2004 7:26:05 PM
Rix, I'm going to hazard a guess that the reason you want to rotate the
Excel worksheet is because you're pasting more columns than will fit on a
"portrait" page. If that's the case, then rather than rotate the worksheet,
why not rotate the page?

In Word, insert a next page section break at the end of the preceeding page
(Insert > Break > Next Page), then on the new page go to page setup and
change the orientation to landscape for that section only. Then you can
paste your worksheet.

Below your worksheet, you can insert another next page section break and set
the orientation back to portrait for the rest of the document.

--
DDM
"DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks"
Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com

"Rix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I rotate an Excel worksheet 90 degrees when pasting it into a Word
file?

0
DDMara (266)
5/23/2004 7:38:02 PM
DDM

Thanks!  That worked great.  And it was so simple

Rix
0
anonymous (74722)
5/25/2004 3:26:04 AM
A better way to copy from Excel into Word is as follows:

1. Select the cells to be copied.

2. *Hold down <Shift> while clicking the Edit menu.
This will give you a hidden option to Copy Picture...*
Select this and click OK.

3. Paste into Word.

4. If you need to rotate, left click the picture once to bring up th
Picture toolbar, then click the Rotate 90 degree button as needed.

The default option for Copy Picture in Excel gives you a 'Microsof
Picture' rather than a bitmap, which results in a smaller file size an
doesn't get pixelated after resizing in Word

excel viewer #2
Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time and simply: it's not good. I think not everybody buys Excel and Office so there should be always fresh viewers (like Adobe Acrobat Reader, etc) best regards, on "on" <on@vnet.hu> wrote in message news:O1DNPQveEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Won't microsoft provide a simple, small and fresh Excel Viewer? > Version 97/2k is obsolete, using the 100% of processor time > and simply: it's not good. > I think not everybody buys ...

Comments will not delete from Worksheet
Hi First post - be gentle! I am unable to delete Comments from one of my worksheets. When I try the machine just hangs (eggtimer) forever and the only way out is to Ctrl/Alt/Del. It only happens on this one worksheet - Comments on other Excel files delete OK. I have not knowingly "protected comments" on this one or anything similar. Any ideas as to what has happened? Thanks Grockle -- grockle ------------------------------------------------------------------------ grockle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26964 View this thread...

why does excel ignore page formating after selecting rows to repe.
I have a Pivot table to which I wish to print excluding the "Page" items but include the Table headings. I have also set the document to print 1 page wide by up to 999 pages tall. It previews fine except for when I select the table headings (row $3$3) to be repeated at the top. After I make that selection, the preview shows all the data being printed on only 5 pages instead of 31. I don't know what I am missing to cause this unexpected result. ...

Are there any excel template for creating POIs for Garmin units
I'm looking for a template in which I can create points of interest for a Garmin 340c. Not that I know of but have you tried the free POI software from Garmin? http://www8.garmin.com/products/poiloader/ Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 11:24:00 -0700, Fremen <Fremen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm looking for a template in which I can create points of interest for a >Garmin 340c. ...

How do you create dual drop down menus in excel 2000?
I can create a single drop down menu, but need to add a qualifier next to lists on menu. HELP!!!!!! If drop-down created with Data Validation>List, check out Debra Dalgleish's site for dependent lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:51:03 -0800, "Phlashh" <Phlashh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can create a single drop down menu, but need to add a qualifier next to >lists on menu. HELP!!!!!! ...

copying a MS word text doc to the cilpboard
I can copy & paste from e-mail , Internet articles or ms word docs saved in word format. I cannot copy & paste text saved in MS Word that are saved as a text file. Any suggestions? Why not? What is preventing you from doing that? On the other hand, a true Text file(.txt) can be opened with NotePad, or WordPad and Word is unnecessary. William Payne wrote: > I can copy & paste from e-mail , Internet articles or ms word docs saved in > word format. I cannot copy & paste text saved in MS Word that are saved as a > text file. > Any suggestions? ...

multiple 3D equations in one excel surface chart
hi all i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one excel surface chart does anyone have simple way of doing it i have the link for one equation chart but from there i'm little bit lost http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/3d_surface/ What's the problem? If your data is of 3D type, just plot it as such. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "thread" wrote: > hi all > i'm trying to draw in excel multiple 3d equtions(x,y,z) inside of one > excel...

VB code to import Excel sheet
I'm looking for the VB code to copy an Excel Sheet to an Access 2007 table. The sheet in is a know location. I also want to clear the Access table prior to importing the Excel Sheet. Thanks Take a look at what Ken Snell has at http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/EXCEL_Import.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "BobC" <Bob.CallenNoSpamm@cox.net> wrote in message news:TBgZm.57278$ZF3.39461@newsfe13.iad... > I'm looking for the VB code to copy an Excel Sheet to an Access 2007 > table. The she...

Excel
When using MS Works I can enter letters and numbers in a cell and the total of the cells in a row will be calculated correctly(for my particular requirement) by ignoring anyone of the cells in the row which has letters and numbers together. All the cells are formated as 'General'. When I try to do this task in Excel it gives an error in the result cell. Note that any cell may have a mixture of letters and cells. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you James Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Bing Search RSS with Silverlight 3 RIA Domain Ser...

Pocket Excel Graphic Lost
I developed a spreadsheet that included my company's logo in Excel 2002. I saved it to my PPC file for conversion by ActiveSync for my WinCE 2002. I want to use the spreadsheet from my PPC. I tried both the .png and .jpg image file types. The graphic is not on the Pocket Excel version of the document. Is there a problem with Pocket Excel keeping graphics? If not, what image format should I use for graphics in Pocket Excel? Or, is there a switch I need to use? Sorry, the correct e-mail address is bschmidt@westechnology.net >-----Original Message----- >I developed a spreads...

Master Worksheet reflecting sub-worksheets
This is, I realize, a database situation, but I have to work with Excel for certain reasons. Q?: How do I reference one worksheet to another? My example: I have three worksheets. "East", "West", "All"(master wksheet). They all have the same headers, which live in A$1:$V$2 I want worksheet All to contain the contents of East & West. As I update East/West, I would like All to reflect those changes. Rows may be added/deleted from East/West, so All would need to expand/contract appropriately. Using the information below the column headers, is there a way to...

Planning training in Excel
I have been tasked to organise training for my company and they have asked me to use MS Project, which has totally blown my mind. Having done some investigating Project will not give me the answers that I need surprisingly, but I am hoping Excel will I am really trying hard to figure a way of schedulign training for 200 individuals, with 20 different modules (fixed dates) and take into account holidays. So for instance Joe Bloggs needs to attend Module A, B & D over the next 3 months, but he also has 2 weeks holiday booked. There are four other people in his department but I can only all...

File size is larger in XP than in Excel 97
Has anyone noticed that excel files that contain imported data are larger in XP than in 97? Why, any ideas? Thanks Kathy .. ...

copy paste problems for chart from excel to power point, solution
I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried everyting, turned off auto scale and selected the don't move or resize with cells option and still having the same problem, any idea how to fix that? Thanks! On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Jean <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am really having troubles copying excel charts to power point, the charts >are getting messed up after copying and pasting to power point. I tried >everyting, turned ...

Excel interfering with dates
How can I stop Excel 2007 interfering with dates? I have a variety of dates to enter. Some are before 1900, some after. Some are partial (with no year given); some are just a year. All are entered in the form 1 Sep 1854 (with some parts missing). I have defined the format of the cells to be Text/String but Excel ignores that and corrupts the dates by assuming, if no year is present, that they are 2011 and if they are after 1900 it converts them to 01/01/2011 format. How can I force Excel to do what it is told and treat them all as Text? -- Chris Watts chris@watts-bros.co.uk (synonymous...

How to Make Word Automatically Highlight All Adverbs and Adjectives in a Document.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel The subject says it all. I am manually going through a word processing document to highlight all adjectives and adverbs. Is there a way to have word do this automatically? <br> Thnxs! With any degree of practicality or expectation of reliable results, no. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 2/10/10 10:22 PM, in article 59bb2a23.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "elena004@officeformac.com" <elena004@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac O...

Links between different worksheets
I have a workbook with several worksheets in it. In one cell on the first worksheet, I am pulling information from another worksheet. The worksheet where this information is coming from is blank at the time so it is reporting a zero in the cell on the first worksheet. Rather than displaying a zero, I would like for it to be blank. I know in Access you can do this, but I don't know how to do it in Excel. I hope this makes sense. Any help would be appreciated. TIA, Mark Hi try something like =IF('sheet1'!A1="","",'sheet1'!A1) -- Regards Fra...

Automatic Calculation on only one Worksheet
Is it possible to have one worksheet in a Workbook calulate manually while all others automatically? The reason I would like this is I have a sheet which pulls in real-time market data that slows down my Workbook if calculation is on automatic for the workbook. If I turn off automatic calculation for the workbook then I end up spending a lot of time hitting F9 or shift + F9. Thanks No. But I do think you can with two instances of Excel. Just start another Excel -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "sfrancoe2" <sfrancoe2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF6DE...

Excel 97 #3
I have a list of timecodes, examples, ESD1.2 ESD12.3.2 ESD12.4.12 ESD4.4.2 ESD13.1.1 ESD2.2.6 ESD13.1.2 ESD4.3.3 ESD13.2 ESD14.2.1 ESD2.1.3 ESD4.3.2 ESD2.2 ESD4.4.4 they are formatted as General Any ideas how to list them in order of number -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can convert the text to time with the following formula :- =TIMEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-3),".",":")) Format as HH:MM:S -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Preflighting Excel files
Is there a way to preflight (check for problems before printing) Excel files (I already know that Flightcheck doesn't work). Any suggestions? Martin Martin There is a Before_Print event macro that you can use for such checking. Of course, that macro is blank. You would have to write in the necessary code to do the checks you want. Can you list the checks and the criteria for each? Writing the code is straight forward once you have listed the checks and criteria. HTH Otto "martindaylor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21d201c49...

How do I change the thickness of a bottom boarder in Excel 2002?
In Word you can change the thickness of the line used in boarders - but I can not change the thickness in Excel. Is there any way to do this? Thanks. try Sub bottomborder() ActiveCell.Borders(xlEdgeBottom).Weight = xlThick 'xlmedium or xlthin End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B24E39F0-58BF-47AD-AE42-716CBA2C9C54@microsoft.com... > In Word you can change the thickness of the line used in boarders - but I can > not change the thickness in Excel. Is there any way to do this? ...

How to Copy Charts and Tables from Excel to Publisher
Hi, Everyone: I'm a new user of Publisher 2003, and I'm working on a 100-page or so document with text, photos, charts, and tables. I would appreciate advice about copying charts and tables from an Excel workbook and reducing file size. Please also recommend which is the correct file format to use when saving charts, tables, and photos as "pictures". My Excel workbook has numerous worksheets. (1) When I try to "copy and paste" a single Excel chart from one worksheet into Publisher, I get an "object" which shows ALL the worksheets if I double...

break links crashes Excel 2002 #2
It appears that it may just be one workbook file. I tried it wit another file and it did not crash. We primarily use one Excel workboo as a template. Copies of this file are probably 95% of all the Exce files we use so it is a big problem for us. Assuming that it is just this one important file, any ideas how to fi this workbook so that we can break the links with the toolbar command -- ED ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EDS's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=879 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

pasted picture won't appear
I'm running windows xp and word 2002. A week or so ago I could select a portion of a map in streets and trips 2010 and copy it, then paste it in a word document. It appeared fine and I could edit it. Now every time I try it all I get is a box with a square, triangle, and circle in it. I can see the picture on the clipboard. Pasting into paint works fine. I don't know what changed. I've tried repairing word, but it doesn't help. It is actually not uncommon that that problem is happening because you are actually copying code rather than an image. The best thing ...

Word Keeps Crashing
Software: Microsoft Office Professional 2007 (Academic) Operating System: Windows Vista (32 Bit) Hard Disk Memory: 2T RAM: 4.00GB Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHZ 2.5 GHz Hi All, I have been attempting to fix a problem I have been having with my MS Word for the last three weeks. Initially the problem presented itself by word crashing (all other programs including office programs such as excel continued to work fine) upon opening the software. Essentially the Word window would opwn but after a few seconds the banner at the top of the window...