Pasted Pivot Table looks at old sheet

Hello all

i have a quick question about pivot table pasting. i have a workbook where i
am copying the sheet and making a new version for the next month. each time i
do the pivot table on the new month sheet is looking at the old month sheet.
the pivot table is on the same sheet where the data is that it looks at so
each time i copy i want the new sheet to be totaly autonomous from the last
month sheet.

why does the pivot table not update to look at the new sheet?

Hi

Copying a Pivot Table will just make the PT use the same source data for
it's Pivot Cache
Right click on a cell in the PT>PT Wizard>back>source >change source to
point at the range of data you want to be used for that PT.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"DawnTreader" <DawnTreader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all
>
> i have a quick question about pivot table pasting. i have a workbook where
> am copying the sheet and making a new version for the next month. each
> time i
> do the pivot table on the new month sheet is looking at the old month
> sheet.
> the pivot table is on the same sheet where the data is that it looks at so
> each time i copy i want the new sheet to be totaly autonomous from the
> last
> month sheet.
>
> why does the pivot table not update to look at the new sheet?

> signature database 4752 (20100107) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4752 (20100107) __________

http://www.eset.com

0
Roger

Automated Attendance Sheets
Hi, I had posted this question a few days ago, and Dave P. replied on Oct 05 2004. let me rephrase the question. A master sheet contains data for all employees shift details for all days of the month . The sheet looks something like this Name 01/10/04 02/10/04 03/10/04 04/10/04 05/10/04 06/10/04 ..... a D N D N D O b N N O D D D .. .. .. What I'd like Excel to do is this: 1. A menu which asks...

Inserting a formula into a Word Table
How do you insert a multiplication formula in the last cell of a Word Table so that it only multiples the two previous cells, or the is there a way to pick the cells that you want it to use for the formula? Insert a formula field and do the calculations as you would in Excel. For example: { = A1*A2 } would multiply the values in cell A1 and A2. To insert the field delimiters, { }, press Ctrl+F9. Type in the code. Use F9 to update the result. To show/hide field codes in the selection, use Shift+F9. To show/hide field codes in the whole document, use Alt+F9. Note that table calcul...

Copy Image to paste into word.
Hi there! I need to copy a linked image to the clipboard to be pasted into word. The image on my form is based on a text box which contains the path to the image. The image on my form is called ImageFrame and the path is in a text box called Pic. When I click on the image, the copy command is not enabled on the edit menu so of course the following won't work: Private Sub ImageFrame_Click() ' Me.ImageFrame.PictureType = 0 this changes the image to an embedded image ' DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdCopy End Sub If it's not possible to copy the image from my form, ho...

Any way to force European format dates in sheets?
Is there a way to configure Excel (Office 2000) to always display dates in Euro format instead of US? It currently accepts entries in Euro format (dd/mm/yy) but always displays them in sheets in US format (mm/dd/yy), which is kinda confusing. I can't see a configure option covering this - am I missing something? Cheers, -Neil F. Suspect this is down to your PCs settings - check control panel - Regional Options. Are you sure its accepting Euro dates, and not just those that can be mis-interpreted as US and leaving others just as text? Thanks for that, Ben. I've checked t...

Cut/Paste graphics & text from Powerpoint to Word

Pivot Tables and Trend Data
I have a data table that lists products down Column A. Columns B through P have characteristics of each of those products. Beginning in Column Q are monthly numbers. That is, Column Q has month 1 numbers, Column R has month 2 numbers, etc. I am trying to set up pivot tables that will show me averages of the monthly numbers depending on which characteristics I choose. For example, I want to compare the trend in sales for all products that are white versus all products that are black. How do I set up the pivot table to show trends? Obviously, I need to name a data field and a column field...

Copy and paste Internet information into Excel 2003
I have a database of 220 names. Each name has a hyperlink to an individual internet page that contains each person's address, telephone number, email, etc. Is there a way to automate clicking on the hyperlink, copying the internet information and then pasting it into an Excel 2003 spreadsheet? I tried recording a macro, but the paste failed. I got a run time error of 1004. Thanks very much in advance. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin ...

Pivot Table Wizard "Layout" button disabled (greyed out)
I am trying to use the Pivot Table wizard in Excel 2007 (using "alt-d, p" to launch it), however in step 3 of 3, the Layout button is ALWAYS disabled (greyed out) regardless of how I set the preceding options. Any suggestions on how to enable this? Click Finish and and an Excel 2007 layout window will appear. Also reupload my response to your last post for automation options. Hi, Bad news! - this feature is disabled for regular pivot tables in 2007. If you are creating pivot tables from certain kinds of external data sets you will have the ability to use Layout, but not with r...

Table ordered by
Hello! I have to check if table in default view is ordered by some column. In table properties window is property order by. i can get table,bet i can't find property or method to get order by value. Here is code how i get to table: For Each tabula As dao.TableDef In ACS.TableDefs If tabula.Name.Trim.ToUpper = sName.Trim.ToUpper Then ' ?? End If Next I hope you will help soon! Dexter The following function will return the OrderBy property of the table whose name is passed into it as its argument: Public Function TableOrder(strTabl...

Moving without Pasting
Hi All I'am a secretary of a federation of 10 clubs that are split in to 3 sections North - East - West we race each week and I produce a result of trhe Open Positions 1 -50. The numbers 1-50 are in column A. In Column B are the Section Positions e.g. 1 West and so on down to position 50 in Column A. There is a variation that each section has at least some positions in the Open Result - West may have 13 - East could have 27 and North 10. If I place 3 new tables on the sheet Named - North - East - West each using 20 rows is it possible when entering in column B the section and posit...

Pivot Page field filter based on cell value
Hi, I am new in VBA and I have created a code that gets information from an access query and set up a pivot table. The worksheet contains multiple pivottables. All pivot tables have at least one page field (product). The worksheet should be copied and then every pivot on the active sheet should be filtered on one product (example: worksheet for milk, worksheet for cheese, worksheet for etc). This for every product (couple op 30-35 products). How can I copy the 'mastersheet' (named ' Master') and filter all pivot tables for a specific Page field product? Hi, Select the pivot ...

Display data in the form using the tables
Is it possible to Display data in the form using the tables as the back-end database.if so ,please provide me any examples.... thanks in advance. On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:42:01 -0700, Chiki <Chiki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to Display data in the form using the tables as the back-end >database.if so ,please provide me any examples.... > >thanks in advance. What do you mean by "using the tables as the back-end database"? Data is always stored in tables. These can be local tables, or can be linked in a backend (which might be a...

collecting data using email in a Access table
I am collecting a group's information(name, phone number and three paragraphs describing their hobby). I want to send an email to all the group recipients which allows them to enter the information(name, phone number and three paragraphs describing their hobby) and update it in a Access table stored on my machine. One way I can do this if all recipients have Outlook 2007 is using the email create facility of Access 2007 which is described at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=618891E8-7145-44C8-9E40-82218B1E8DF7&displaylang=en This creates a ...

Paste Special #7
Every evening, I copy and paste a column of numbers into a row of numbers...from one workbook to another, using the PASTE SPECIAL, TRANSPOSE capabilities of EXCEL. Since I do this EVERY DAY, is there a way I can bypass the PASTE SPECIAL command via some instruction.thus telling the command to copy into a row instead of a column? In other words, I would like to speed up the process, click on the leading cell, and then copy (what was once a column in another worksheet into a row on my new workbook). Thanks, Any pointers?? FL Kulchar create a vba procedure like this Public Sub test()...

hide pivot table
All I want to show is the graph from the pivot table- I do not want the show the filtered data. Then I have to ask, why bother with a pivot table if you aren't going to let the users pivot the data, why not just build a graph? HTH Bob "forest" <forest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BACBDEF6-4A85-4C0D-8846-F0EE35169078@microsoft.com... > All I want to show is the graph from the pivot table- I do not want the > show > the filtered data. Select the sheet with the PivotTable. Format - Sheet - hide. Also, from the PivotT...

Scroll Bars
Hi Ive added a scroll bar to my worksheet from the forms tools. I want to have a table which is a fixed size and the scroll bar can b used to move to columns across to view all data. i.e. user views a fixed table of 5 columns but data is made up of 1 columns. The scroll bar will move the data. I also want the same use for a chart. Please Help....! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Stephen Bullen has a sample chart with scrolling on his web site. Under &#...

Limit use of temporary tables & report wide strings
One of my biggest frustrations with Great Plains is the difficulty I've frequently experienced when modifying and writing customized reports which will best fit my company's needs. There are many many reports which are generated using temporary tables which means a report utilizing temporary tables cannot be duplicated and then modified from there. Yes they can be modified - but that means one can only have two versions of these - the original and the modified and must use security to switch back and forth. I find this particularly prevalent in General Ledger and Payroll. M...

link formula to sheet.
Hi all I need a formula that will link to the same cell in different worksheets. for example a1 will be c2 in worksheet 1. b2 will be c2 in worksheet 2 etc....... thanks for you help in advance. Hi try ='sheet2'!C2 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3aa701c4ab13$a8064cd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all > > I need a formula that will link to the same cell in > different worksheets. for example a1 will be c2 in > worksheet 1. b2 will be c2 in worksheet 2 etc....... > >...

Removing Retail Realm Tables and Triggers etc from RMS dbs
Is there any clean way to remove RR's tables & flotsam from a RMS DBS w/o having to go to RR and get a script from them? Thanks You can certainly use a tool like Microsoft SQL Management Studio to visually see what tables, triggers and functions are available in a database. This will allow you to see what is there. But make sure you do a backup before you start removing anything. And if you are not sure about a table or other database item, don't remove it! If you would like a hand in sorting this out, we'd be happy to help, just give a call to our Tech S...

import delimited text file into mulitple excel sheets
How do you import a delimited text file (about 150,000 lines) int mulitple excel worksheets. My excel sheet is limited to 65,000 lines -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may have a look at the following macro http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q120596 though written for Excel 95 the changes for Excel97+ are indicated -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > How do you import a delimited text file (about 150,000 lines) into > mulitple excel worksheets. My excel sheet is limited to 65,000 lines. > > > --- > Message posted fr...

why is the clipboard busy every time I try to paste?
Every time I try to paste a copied picture from the internet, publisher tells me that the clipboard is busy and/or being used by another program. Empty your Internet temp cache, in Internet Explorer, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kdavs77" <kdavs77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ACE3CE2-FAAB-4D13-9727-3487C14123C6@microsoft.com... > Every time I try to paste a copied picture from the internet, publisher tells > me that the clipboard i...

How can I get Excel Spreadsheets to have that great Access look? .
dCan I get excel spreadsheets to have that great Access spreadsheet Appearance? Not really sure what you mean with this. Maybe explain what you mean with 'Access' look exactly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tucson Guy" <TucsonGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FB866AA6-E420-470F-9184-A5817D03AC75@microsoft.com... > dCan I get excel spreadsheets to have that great Access spreadsheet > Appearance? ...

Take a look at security package for Internet Explorer
--micoovqecjhiw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="aexoppfpclqd"; type="multipart/alternative" --aexoppfpclqd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nglqpgugyvztykfc" --nglqpgugyvztykfc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now...

Opening Excel Spread Sheets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created a spread sheet using Excel from Office 2008 for Mac and sent it to other people and they can not open it using Office 2007 on their PC's. Is there a special way that I must save the spread sheets or something I must do when creating them, or settings I must change within the program? Problems of this nature are typically caused by the manner in which the file is handled by the (I assume 'sent' means as an attachment?) email software involved. On your end make sure to save the file ...