Paste Several Values into one Cell

Hi all.  I have data in several cells (I2:GJ2) on one row.  I want to copy all of this data into one cell as it appears now (in a particular sequence).  Is this possible?  Thx in advance.
0
anonymous (74722)

Not sure if this is what you want but to concatenate data from several cells
into 1 cell, use formula =Concatenate(I2," ",H2," ",G2) just add more cell
references with commas and " " to give a space between each cell value for
all the cells you want.

"sgarrett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all.  I have data in several cells (I2:GJ2) on one row.  I want to copy
all of this data into one cell as it appears now (in a particular sequence).
Is this possible?  Thx in advance.

Thanks, but that function won't allow over 30 arguments.  I have much more than that to enter.  Is there some other way to do it?  Thanks again.
0
anonymous (74722)
11/18/2003 5:01:25 PM
=a1&" "&b1&" "&c1&" "&d1&" "&text(e1,"yyyy/mm/dd")

(you can use =text() to include the formatted version of the cell, too.)

=concatenate(upto30)&" "&concatenate(30more)
Until your done

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Suppressing categories with 0 values
Hi all I'm trying to build a dynamic chart for sales data. The output file contains two columns, A and B. Column A contains categories, i.e. Apples, Oranges, Pears, etc.,. and B contains sales data, i.e. 5, 0, 10, etc.,. respectively. The ouput data comes out monthly. Some months will contain sales from all categories, some ten, some fifty. I want the chart to only graph categories with non-zero values, i.e. if there are 100 categories and only 30 with sales numbers there is no point in showing the other 70 categories with zero values. I can format column B with zero values to show ...

How do I modify the value of a checkbox in a word document using C
Hi all, I am a bit of a newbie at C# and am trying to set up a document that I will be modifying based on values from a database. I am using a word document, because it is the "official" reporting form required by my company. I can open the document, and write to bookmarks that I am setting in each table field, but I need to know how to manipulate a checkbox. Can anyone help me? I have edited this post because I have added some other code. The document file I am using is a document that has everything inside a table. I have bookmarked all the text locations, and...

I can't back space more than one character or repeat a character,
I was prompted while filing out a form to have duplicate key strokes stopped. I made the mistke of accepting and now I can't type any dupe characters without difficulty (must pause momentarilly) and I can't back space without the same pause. I also cannot find how to disable the thing. This happens in all typing situations, including here. You've probably enabled FilterKeys, one of the Accessibility Options. You can turn it off in Windows Control Panel and at the same time disable the shortcut key that you pressed to enable it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft M...

Find a value in list 2 that is not in list 1
I have text values in column A and also in column B, most of which match. I would like to take the values in column B that are not in column A and put those values only in column C. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Maxxwell, Put this formula in column C, and copy down. =IF(ISERROR(MATCH(B2,$A$2:$A$20,0)),B2,"") To get them contiguous, use Autofilter, filter on nonblanks in column C, and copy/paste to somewhere. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "maxxwell2" <maxxwell2@discussions.microsof...

Cell comments
I have added cell comments to my worksheet, but they have always bee static, meaning if you put your cursor on that cell it always display the same text. Is there a way to create some sort of comment tha would change depending on the information in the cell? When the curso passes over the cell, the code would go pull in data from a MS Acces table using the value in that cell as criteria -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

Training registration: how to pick multiple entries for one course
A client is currently using a QBF to select an employee to register for a training class. Now, we want to allow for multiple employees to be selected to register them at the same time for one class. Looking for examples, sample code, or even a basic layout of how to approach this change. Thank you in advance for your help, Dawn -- Dawn Bjork Buzbee On Tue, 29 May 2007 09:05:00 -0700, Dawn Bjork Buzbee <DawnBjorkBuzbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >A client is currently using a QBF to select an employee to register for a >training class. Now, we want to allow for multip...

eliminating blank cells
I have two sheets in a workbook. Say sheet January and Summary. Sheet January looks like this DATE SN Amount TAX OVD CBS 12.01.2007 483 3464 1559 701 1184 13.01.2007 484 3907 1758 791 -627 14.01.2007 485 241 108 49 -75 17.01.2007 9/A12 1623 730 329 104 19.01.2007 11/A2 329 839 292 88 Now I want to gather these information in sheet "Summary" eliminating the blank rows, so Summary looks like this: DATE SN Amount TAX OVD CBS 12.01.2007 483 3464 1559 701 1184 13.01.2007 484 3907 1758 791 -627 14.01.2007 485 241 108 49 -75 17.01.2007 9/A12 1623 730 329 10...

Copying text value based on long (comlex) calculation
I am not sure how to even search for what I want to do, so please forgive me if my first post has been discussed and resolved ad naseum in the past... Here is my situation: - I have a workbook that contains multiple sheets. - Each sheet contains auto parts from different suppliers, sorted by part number. - Some suppliers have parts that overlap with each other and the various sheets are updated as pricing and availabilty of parts change. - I am using a combination of the VLOOKUP and MIN functions to determine which supplier has lowest cost based on a comparison of part numbers and price ac...

I want a formula to ignore text values in cell references
If text is input into some cells referenced by a formula I want the formula to ignore whatever text it finds and just calculate the result of the numbers in cells. How do i do this? Presently the formula displays #VALUE! where there is text in one or more of the cells referenced. Use ISNUMBER(): In place of A1 use =IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,"") -- Gary''s Student "Russellrupert" wrote: > If text is input into some cells referenced by a formula I want the formula > to ignore whatever text it finds and just calculate the result of the numbers > in cells...

in Excel: How do I change "selected cells" highlight color?
When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely tell which cells are selected from those that are not. Can I change the background color of cells that are selected? Thanks. Assuming Excel 2007 this is a known problem and as yet no patch for it. I don't have Excel 2007 but I have read that playing with your Contrast can help some. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:51:00 -0700, flameretired <flameretired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely >tell whic...

How to make A1 the active cell in all visible worksheets ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CA8164.76257740 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ......so that when i activate the sheet A1 is the cell in the upper left = corner of my screen. Thanx ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CA8164.76257740 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3D"text/html; ...

Conditional Formatting dependent on whether cell is populated.
I want to conditionally format cell G2 dependent upon whether there is a value in cell C2 AND G2 Therefore, if cell C2 has a value in it and cell G2 doesn't then cell G2 color = Amber if cell C2 has a value in it and cell G2 has a value then cell G2 color = Green Any helpful hints or useful suggestions? Thanks Tel Conditional Format of G2, condition 1: =AND(COUNTA(C2)=1,ISBLANK(G2)) format Amber condition 2: =COUNTA(C2,G2)=2 format Green -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Tel" wrote: &...

connecting cells with connector lines
Hello! Is it possible in Excel (2007) to draw a connector line (with or without an arrow ...) between two cells in a worksheet, so that the line-tips will follow their cells even when the latter are moved ? Thanks Michael On Feb 25, 7:00=A0am, Michaelprem123 <michaelprem...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello! > > Is it possible in Excel (2007) to draw a connector line (with or > without an arrow ...) between two cells in a worksheet, so that the > line-tips will follow their cells even when the latter are moved ? > > Thanks > > Michael The line will automatically a...

Data validation for 2 valid values
I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list appear. How do I do that with Data->Validation? Data>validation>allow>list, put the 2 values separated by a comma in the source box, uncheck in cell dropdown -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in message news:ujuB%23w52DHA.2000@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I want a cell to allow only 2 valid values but not have a drop-down list > appear. > > How do I do that with Data->Validation? > > Using a list, as Peo suggested, will force users to match the ...

Summing items in a cell
How do you SUM items in a cell. I have a parts list with reference designators like U3-U6. I want the sum of the range of items, in this case it's 4, but can't figure out how to do this. Any help will be appreciated -- dpmoore ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dpmoore's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384566 More info and then a formula using find can be used or a udf (macro for custom formula) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Soft...

2 different fonts in the same cell?
Hello! If I want (Times New Roman) "This is a red Wingdings 3 triangle ([change font] Wingdings 3: 123 [back to Times New Roman]").", I can do that in a cell. But if I refer to that cell (=A1) in B1, the Wingdings font doesn't come over and it winds up all TImes New Roman and looks like "This a red Wingdings 3 triangle ({)." How can I "=A1" for a cell that has two fonts in it and have the two fonts show up?? Thanks! VR/ Lost You can't have that in a FORMULA. You would have to change it to text first. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sales...

How to tell Excel to insert cells and shift down from Access
Hi all, I have Access 2003. I am trying to tell Excel to insert cells and shift cells down from Access, with this line of code: oWksh.Cells.Insert Shift:=xlDown But Access does not like that line. It gave me run-time error 1004. I know if has to do with the part Shift:=xlDown Can you suggestion what I can do? Thank you in advance, Ben "Ben" <Ben@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:eSZuzcDpKHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have Access 2003. I am trying to tell Excel to insert cells and shift > cells down from Access,...

EXCEL Cell Formatting: Custom or Conditional
At work I have Excel 2002 and I have some cells that I import data in from the mainframe. I have a table where there is a column for GENDER (MALE or FEMALE) that I would like to see shown as "Male" or "Female" (mixed case). Is there a way to change all upper case to mixed case using either CUSTOM formatting or CONDITIONAL formatting? I would prefer not using a macro if there is something simpler. I know that =PROPER() produces the correct result, but I don't see how I can use this unless I'm referencing another cell. I would like to be able to just change what fa...

how do I get the x-axis to plot values rather than categories in .
how do I get the x-axis to plot values rather than categories in Excel By using an XY rather than a LINE chart -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Boggins" <Boggins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D963E4D-93C3-4E8A-83F1-A51943ED4CAA@microsoft.com... > how do I get the x-axis to plot values rather than categories in Excel ...

Pasting Onto Filtered Data
Excel should develop a paste special function that allows you to paste data onto filtered data without effecting hidden cells. At the very minimum, a warning that data is being pasted on hidden cells during a paste onto filtered data would be helpful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I ...

Show linked cell alone somwhere on the desktop
I have DDE linked data in excell. After the all calculations I have result which is one cell. I need to see this "live" cell somwhere on the screen all the time (Excell can be open in background) and I want to see this number only or as less frame as possible - what is my options? Simply when I'm working with other software there is no way to squeeze in all Excell even if I have multiple monitors (: Thks. It's still me - Simplifying my question. Is there any way to bring Excel spreadsheet out of main Excel frame - in Office 2007? "GPS" wrote: > I have D...

Copy/Paste Excel Macro
Hello, What I'm trying to do is automate a process using an excel macro. What I need the macro to do is to look for a blank cell in a range of data in Column A, and whenever there is a blank space within that range, paste some specific above information into this row. (I'm formatting an excel file after taking it from another program). I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you! You could record a macro to filter on blank in coloum A then paste a formula +cell above- this would then fill in your blanks -- Thanks for your help "Justin" wrote: >...

IMF and SCL values
Hi, I am trying to understand why IMF does not show be the Spam Confidence Level (SCL) for the SAME user. For example, if you look at the user Philip Satim for the first 3 emails it displays. The 4th email however it doesn't show. http://www.box.net/shared/2417gq0e5g And that was a legitiate email and my user A had added Philip Satim as a safe sender. Thanks Mentioning the version of Exchange you're on helps - is this Exchange Server 2007 (Content Filter Agent) or Exchange Server 2003 SP2 (IMF v2). IMF does not scan a message if it's an interal message (from an Exchange...

Copying Multiple Cells to One Cells
Copying multiple cells into one cell as a summary. Eg I have a list of items in seperate cells in one worksheet and wish to summarise them in another worksheet in one cell. Can this be done =B2&C2&D2&E2 Will concatenate the value contained in the individual cells B2,C2,D2 and E2. You can also use concatenate(B2,C2,D2,E2) unlikeKansas "Chas" wrote: > Copying multiple cells into one cell as a summary. Eg I > have a list of items in seperate cells in one worksheet > and wish to summarise them in another worksheet in one > cell. Can this be done &g...

Simulating simple variable functions via cells only?
Hi. I am running a spreadsheet in which there are some cells that contain the highest numbers delivered by a DDE data stream. The cells update only if the current DDE-delivered number is higher than the one already stored in the cell. In other words, the cells in question always display the highest value registered during a session. It's simple enough with VBA variables and loops (and I'm no guru :-). It works but I have to use a timer (set at 3 seconds) to scan ranges of cells, and this brings some complications and inefficiencies into a spreadsheet that is quite big and resources-in...