Password Protection #6

Is there any way to manipulate a password protected sheet
without having the actual password?
0
day2399 (1)

J.E. McGimpsey has a way!
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"stew" <day2399@aol.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to manipulate a password protected sheet
> without having the actual password?

0
anon2288 (14)

H E L P * * * Need help with question about protecting a range of cell in workbook
I need to know how to protect a range of cell/s in a workbook ...

My password don't work on my MS Money 2004 Business edition
Hi everyone, I am panicing.My Microsoft Money Small Business Edition password is not working. Somehow my password changed. All my business data and personal financial data is on there and i don't know what to do. About two days my password does not work. I did not change anything. I wanted to print an invoice and it wouldn't allow me to. It would not allow me to go further without a password. Is there a solution to this problem or I am just doomed. Please do a search... if you did a very little superficial search, you will notice MANY people having the same problem. >-----Or...

BT
Hi guys I have an iPaq 210, WM 6, that I'd like to use as a WiFi card for an WinXP SP2 PC. Here's my problem, which often happens (not always): 1. I turn on Bluetooth on the iPaq 2. I connect the PC to the iPaq using the "Explore my Bluetooth Places" wizard, "BT network access", then "Connect". It says "connected". Then on the XP "Network Connections" window, it says "acquiring network address", and shortly after: "connected". PC's IP address: 192.168.1.125, default gateway (the iPaq): 192.168.1.6...

Memory Leake with CRecordset VC++ 6.0
My programm works with Windows2000Prof without any problem. But if the programm run under Windows NT 4.0 it generates memory leakes. The database Access97 will be connected over ODBC mdac V 2.1.3711 ODBC 4.00.3711.08 It's true that this effect depends on the mdac Version? ...

FRx upgrade from 6.0 to 6.7 error
All, I am at a loss. We have upgrades GP from 6.0 to 8.0 successfully, then we ran the existing FRx 6.0 version fine on the GP 8.0. But I would like to upgrade to Frx 6.7 and am getting a banner error which is fatal and the install stops. I have met all 3 criteria spelled out in the FRx 6.7 documentation and am at a loss. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks -- For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack Ruyard Kipling What is the exact error message that you are getting? -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "ncst8pak" <ncst8pak@discussion...

Data Validation Question #6
Jaun, Thank you. It worked. Just curious, is it a "bug" in Excel or somethin I did? Case -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26764 I think it's "by design". It happens when you manually move that message to some other place. Then, all the messages will appear there ! -- Regards Juan Pablo Gonz�lez "Casey" <Casey.1dtg7y@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote...

Short-term Protection
Is there a way to disable short-term protection and only use Long Term Protection on a secondary DPM server who is protecting the primary? Mike I just wanted to add that where I would select the "tape" for the short term protection method is disabled and defaults to "disk". I can uncheck the box for short-term protection, but then I can't continue in the wizard. On my primary server, it seems that if I wanted to use short term protection to tape, I'm able too. How come when I'm protecting the primary from the secondary, I need to write to di...

Email Problems #6
On the MS Outlook Shortcut Bar are three Shortcuts, Outlook Shortcut, My Shortcut, Other Shortcuts. When MS Outlook opens the default is Outlook Shortcuts, Is it possible to open MS Outlook with My Shortcuts as the default?? Also, I have been using Outlook Express and when I click on Send/Receive I have a choice to Send, Receive or Send and Receive. It does not appear I have this choice in MS Outlook, it seems that once I click Send/Receive it Sends and Receives only, no choice. Is this correct?? Thanks George Not sure about the Outlook Bar group thing but in the version you'...

snapshot viewer print protection error
When the user save or open a snapshot viewer file, it open ok. But when she wants to print, this message appears : C:\Program files\Snapshot Viewer\snapsh.....exe Address of the fonction 0x02... made a protection error. one or more page... The user is not Admin of her station. Is the program corrupt ??? ...

Cell Fromat Protection
I have a protected sheet that allows copy & pasting of unlocked cells, but I want to prevent the borders from getting changed while copy & pasting, is this possible? -- gmr7 Hi, Right click the cell you are pasting into and select "Paste Special" then select "All excpt borders" HTH -- Casey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4545 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498307 Is there any way to force th...

Data Protection Mangager 2010 failed to start
One server that was backing up just fine is now no longer backing up. I'm not sure where to go from here as searching newsgroups and forums are not providing any answers. The following is the error code that I'm getting: Backup attempted at '4/20/2010 3:47:48 PM' failed to start, error code '2155348081'. Log Name: Microsoft-windows-Backup/Operational Source: Backup EventID: 19 Level: Error User: SYSTEM OpCode: Info Task Category: None Any help pointing me into the right direction would be greatly appreciated :) The event that ...

Paste Special #6
Folks: I would like to copy and paste a spreadsheet from one workbook to another. All the formatting and column widths should deinitely be to be transferred as well. * Would the PASTE SPECIAL accomplish this for me ? Thanks, John Why not just use right click sheet tab>move or copy>copy>select the workbook> -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <JoJo> wrote in message news:%23IAnyPhxHHA.4640@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Folks: > > > I would like to copy and paste a spreadsheet from one workbook to another. > All...

Number formatting #6
i type "2" and it automatically converts to ".02". I do not want this. Any idea what I did to get this and how do I get my old excel back? Thanks in advance This is a new one for me. It sounds like you are somehow converting a percentage to a decimal. 2.00% 0.02 If that's not the case, than I'm not aware of any other number format that automatically divides a number by 100. Maybe it's something build into Excel 2007 (I'm on 2003). Try messing with the number formats for all your data if you're entering directly into Excel. Regards, That On...

Money 2004 Deluxe #6
I can not get my portfolio to update online. I have the symbols in the Abbreviation box and the transfer says it is "complete" not showing any errors, however the quotes are not updated. ...

What am I doing wrong? (Protecting forms)
Hi, I'm doing something wrong and I can't figure out what. I created a form (like I've done many times before) and I'm trying to protect it but when the Protect Form pane comes up, I check the box that says "Allow only this type of editing in document:" and I select "Filling in forms" from the drop down list. Normally, the "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" button becomes active and I would then select it but it's grayed out as is the the lock on the Forms toolbar. This has happened to me once before and I had to start over wi...

Can I protect cell numbering format ($) but allow editing?
Can I protect a cell's numbering format so that the cell can be edited but the $ cannot be changed? Hi no, not possible AFAIK with Excel's protection function. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Deb22" <Deb22@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DC64EFAD-1D28-44C6-A54F-DA96E286CD4C@microsoft.com... > Can I protect a cell's numbering format so that the cell can be edited but > the $ cannot be changed? Thank you for your answer. I spent two years in Aschaffenbury, Germany with the U.S. Army in the early 70's. I loved Ge...

Win 7 UAC and Passwords
About to take delivery of a new Win7 box and I'm curious about assigning passwords I found this page http://unixwiz.net/techtips/win7-limited-user.html Which includes an interesting paragraph Curiously enough, it's not always necessary to have a password on an account. Since an account with a blank password cannot be accessed over the network, you can substantially reduce the attack surface of a machine this way. But this requires that you have good control of physical security over the machine: if there are users on the machine (or in the environment) who are ...

Check Names - Outlook 2000
When I enter an email address in the To: field for an employee of the company it will properly replace the email address with the contact name (e.g. stan@work.com -> Stan Sample (E-mail)). If I enter the name of someone in the personal contacts it will properly look it up (e.g. Pam -> Pam Personal (E-Mail)). This replace happens if I wait long enough or press the Check Names button. If however I type an email address of a person in the contacts, it never resolves to a particular contact (e.g. pam@home.com never becomes Pam Personal (E-Mail)). Is there a configuration problem with ...

worksheet protection
I have a case where I have protected some ranges on a spreadsheet, and left other ranges unprotected. This is fine, but I am experiencing problems. The unprotected range comprise a summary table, some cells are divided by other cells within the range. Now, if I protect the other range and hide the formulae, the division and other operations in the unprotected range stop functioning. I find , on the other hand, that if I protect the range,and do not hide the formulae that the operations in the unprotected range are unaffected. Sounds complicated, difficult to explain in full. But I ...

auto archive #6
questions, does it auto archive overwrite previous files ? it apprear that we lost alot of emails and one thing i notice is auto archive is turned on. No, AutoArchive always appends to the designated .pst file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "drpepper" <drpepper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3292D2F-E289-4DC3-8C86-E5D235FE759B@microsoft.com... > questions, > > does it auto archive overwrite...

SELECT INTO Password protected db
I have a situation where I need to copy a lot of records as is, time stamp and all, from one database to another database. The problem is that both databases are password protected. I can send the password to one of the two in the connection string, but I'm at a loss on how to send the password to the other database. Thanks; Amy ...

Can I get Outlook 2003 to automatically respond to a Password requ
My issue is with e-mail and Outlook 2003 intermittently showing a dialog box asking for a particular POP3 accounts Password. I know this is a problem with my ISP’s POP3 server not getting authentication from its auth server when it gets busy, I have verified this with Ethereal traces. The problem is the next mail check will most likely work only if I can get it to check automatically. The problem is the requires human intervention to click OK in the password request box. This is particularly a problem when away; first my PC is not pulling e-mails off my POP server causing me to possibl...

how to
Hi I need to create a protected sheet where values and info of the bar etc graph can be feeded. There could be many different graphs, not desidet yet. Graphs could be then saved as .csv and brought to an database. If there are ie. 5 different graphs, they could be differet lenght and shapes and numbers and forms. Anyway they should be imported to database with same manner. This csv should always be in same format and structure. Only data. length etc is allowed to change. Some ideas or input which is the best way to crete this kinda 'data-input-sheet. The idea is to update '...

Protecting code...
Hi all, I have done a bit of development work using VBA in Excel (2000). But now I want to stop the code from being "viewable" and "editable". Have tried using the workbook and worksheet protection menu options, but can still push ALT-F11 and edit the code... Have looked around the VBA side as well as the Excel side, for any type of protection of the code. The help says I can use the protect method, eg: ActiveWorkbook.Protect Password:="mypassword" Have tried this with UserInterfaceOnly:=False as well as some of the other available arguments (such as Contents, S...

POP'ing AOL Mail With Outlook Express 6.0
I have just finished setting up Outlook Express to POP my AOL mail and for some reason it downloaded 13,800+ archived emails, -that was ok, but then after they all downloaded and waited over two hours for them I clicked the Send/Received button again to check for any new email that may have arrived while waiting and again all 13,800+ emails started downloading again. Could anyone tell me why this is happening and how to make it stop sending the same emails over and over..? Thank you in advance, Elaine Beauxrauxgard-Weiderhoff Email Client Outlook Express 6.0 Windows XP H...