Password Protection #4

I have a password protected sheet.  For one of the
columns, I have a validation rule and have a list of
values that the column can take.

I put a password for the sheet and now no can change the
sheet except for the column where I have the validation
rule.  When I click on that column, the small arrow
appears and the drop down box appears and I can select a
different value and change the cell.  All other columns
are locked.

Cant we protect a column that has a validation rule with
a "List" as option?
0
anonymous (74722)

Not that I'm aware.

But doesn't the Data|Validation provide the same "protection" as a locked cell
on a protected worksheet.

(yeah, Data|Validation can be broken by pasting, but worksheet protection can be
broken pretty easily, too.)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Circular reference #4
There is a formula that has created a circular reference which I find very difficult to find, even with the circular reference toolbar. Any one any suggestions? Pat Maybe Stephen Bullen's utility http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Look for FindCirc.zip Pat wrote: > > There is a formula that has created a circular reference which I find very > difficult to find, even with the circular reference toolbar. Any one any > suggestions? > > Pat -- Dave Peterson ...

MSCRM 4.0User Summary Report not displayed Properly in IE 8
User Summary report in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 is not displayed properly in IE 8 . It is getting expanded in IE 8, hence the table columns are lost. It is getting displayed perfectly in rest all versions. Any help in this regard is appreciated. ...

Bussiness Portal 4.0 Backup and Restore.
Hi All, What is the procedure\steps to Backup and restore the BP4.0? what kind of precautions we need to take before installing BP4.0? If any body have any checklist or any article please share. ...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically? #4
Does it matter what order the conditions are in? Some of them worked some didn't -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 If you have 3 conditions, the order does not matter. What matters is the content of the cell. Not case-sensitive, but do you have any extra spaces if text? If looking for numbers, are they real numbers or text that looks like numbers? You used Joe Blow and...

How do I junk mail Protect ?
How do I junk mail Protect? And virus Protect Dear, Outlool 2003 have a feature of junk email protection, For Virus you need to have an Antivirus program - Norton or Mcafee etc.. -- (Please respond to this question Was this post helpful to you?) Hope this helps you more Regards APK "Akhter Hossain" wrote: > How do I junk mail Protect? And virus Protect "Akhter Hossain" <Akhter Hossain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBA5AB0-D5EA-4F6B-BAA4-291B669784A5@microsoft.com... > How do I junk mail Protect? And virus Protect www.spampal.org ...

how to protect different ranges of cells
How do I protect different ranges of cells in excel when they are not adjacent to each other? Please give me a step by step description as this will be my first time successfully comprehending this proceedure, Select your first range. hit and hold the control key and select your second range. Format|cells|protection tab check the Locked checkbox. Remember that locking cells won't do much until you protect the worksheet (tools|protection|protect sheet). And depending on how many cells you want locked and how many you want unlocked, it might be easier to set all the cells one way (lock...

Simple question #4
I'm relatively new to Excel and I want to creat a sheet for my expenses where I can enter a number in one column and have it subtracted from the above cell in the next column and so on, all the way down. I can do this by clicking on the bottom left of the cell and dragging it down but would like it to appear automatically. Sorry if that's not very clear. John In B1 enter the inital balance In A2 and on down enter your expenses In B2 enter: =IF(A2="","",B1-A2) and copy on down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007g "gtharwood@gmail.com" wrote: >...

Check Box #4
Does anyone know of a way to convert a cell to a check box? We would like to convert the cell rather than using the active X controls on top of it. Thanks. You could double-click the cell and "convert" it to a=20 checkbox: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target _ As Range, Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveCell .Value =3D "=FC" .Font.Name =3D "Wingdings" .Borders(xlEdgeLeft).LineStyle =3D xlContinuous .Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle =3D xlContinuous .Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle =3D xlContinuous .Borders(xlEdgeRight).LineSt...

smtp logs #4
I'm new to the exchange world and was wondering if there is a way that I can review only the emails that my users have sent from the smtp log files. When I review the log files, they appear to be more of what got sent to each users mailbox. If I'm way of course could someone lead me in the correct direction. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. A What version of your Exchange server? -- Ray MCSE+Internet, MCDBA, MCP "Auddog" <will_k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45f96eaf$0$4921$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > I'm new to the exchange w...

How do I print graphs poster size (4
In my previous version of Excel I could print graphs in what I think was called "poster". It would print 4 panels on 8 1/2 x 11 that could be connected together to make a poster size graph. It would print dotted lines and solid lines and told where to cut and paste. I cannot find how to do that now that we have upgraded to Excel 2002. The capability that you describe would be really neat to have but AFAIK no version of XL has ever supported it. You must have had some special third party program or add-in. Of course, such a capability might be feature of your printer (driver...

Unauthorized access to OWA if account set to change password on lo
Good day, We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 SP2 Our OWA was previously configured to allow users to change their password. If I configure a user account to "Prompt for the user to change password at next logon", the following page is displayed when they access OWA "You are not authorized to view this page" If I deselect the option that users are required to change their password at next logon, they can login to OWA properly and even change their passwords using the Options section. I'm thinking that there is probably an issue with access ...

protecting a text box in spreadshhet
This is defeating me I have a text box in an excel sheet, I can protect the sheet ok but the text box always remains unprotected (ie the user could change the text) How do I protect it? thank you. Un-protect the sheet Right-click on edge of TextBox and Format TextBox>Protection Protect the sheet. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:42:21 +0100, "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: >This is defeating me I have a text box in an excel sheet, I can protect the >sheet ok but the text box always remains unprotected (ie the user could >ch...

VLookup #4
Hello, please could someone help me with vlookup. I've read different articles, including the one on this site but havn't understood them that well. I've attached an image of what I am trying to do. I've named the table in the top right (discount) to DTable. I would like the formula to look in there so that when someone enters a discount in e.g. "discount 1" the cell below (discount=) displays the percentage that "discount 1" is equal to. thank you, acsell File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=302619 (vlookup.jpg) ------------...

Protection Groups
We will be replacing our Exchange 2003 Server with a 2007 Exchange server with a different name. Can I use the same Exchange Protection Group that is setup for exchange 2003 with the new Exchange 2007? If I need to create a new protection group can I remove the old Protection Group. Thanks LeonardG If you want to use older protection group, try modify protection group and add the Exchange storage groups from the new 2007 server. This way same protection/recovery configurations will be applicable to new Exchange storage groups also. But if you want to completely diff...

OWA 2007 change password
Hello all When i try and change my password using OWA 2007 it tells me that the password doesnt meet the securirty requirments. I have disabled require complex passwords in the default domain polciy and then ran gpupdate /force on the DC but i still cant change my pasword, i get the same message saying it doesnt meet the requirements. Is there something i need to enable to get this to work? Thanks I think you should run gpupdate on exchange server, but the policy should be applied automatically in a certain time even you don't run. -- Ray MCSE+Internet, MCDBA, MCP "skip...

Copy Data From Chart to Chart #4
I have to create separate charts for ten employees. I want to have all the data on one sheet tab. Create the chart on another tab for employee 1, format the chart the way I want and be able to add the data for employee 2, 3, 4, etc. to each tab, using the same format for chart 1 so they all match. So there should be one tab for raw data and 10 tabs for each employee. I’m using Excel 2000 Thank you Please stop reposting and read the responses you've already received. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Peltie...

Is this possible? #4
I have a spreadsheets with statistics in it, and a second one that pulls info from the first one. What I'd like to do is create a third spreadsheet that just has the numbers from the second spreadsheet and not any of the formulas for all the cells. Is this possible? Thanks. Hi have a look at 'Edit - Paste Special - Values' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shep wrote: > I have a spreadsheets with statistics in it, and a second one that > pulls info from the first one. What I'd like to do is create a third > spreadsheet that just has the numbers from the sec...

Missing e-mails #4
We are running Windows 200 along with Office 2000 in our office. All of our users are set up to use the exchange server as there repository for e-mails. I have one user who logs on at 2 different locations in our office. When she logs onto one PC her e-mails disapear from the other. After she reads them she can no longer find them at either location. I fear that she may have lost them for good but I am hoping there is a way to retieve them. Hi Pete, Check the delivery location for her mail on both machines, it sounds like the mail is being deliverd to a .PST file on one machine, ...

Performance Monitoring for CRM 4.0 with SCOM or another tool? #2
Hi. As far as I can tell, the only performance monitoring pack for CRM 4.0 is for MOM; however we run Microsoft SCOM. I was wondering the following: 1. Could someone be nice enough to post the CRM MOM counters and thresholds so we can build our own perfmon script? 2. Could someone let me know if a monitoring pack for SCOM will someday be available? (either from MS or 3rd party) 3. Could someone let me know if there is an existing 3rd party utility I could use to monitor my CRM environment (I haven't seen one but maybe there is one). Thank you! ...

Overdraft protection
I have a VISA credit card that automatically puts money in my bank checking account if my checking account balance goes negative due to overdrawing the account. In Money 2008, how do I categorize this transaction? Currently I'm calling it Other Income, but I don't think that is correct. Any suggestions. Tks. Ken "kenard1" <kenard1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:0B977820-2CB9-46FE-BD2B-5D729258DEE3@microsoft.com... >I have a VISA credit card that automatically puts money in my bank = checking=20 > account if my checking account balance goes...

Importing messages #4
I resently installed a new "C" drive in my computer. The old hard drive is drive "D". How can I import all my messages from Outlook Express on my "D" drive to Outlook Express on my "C" drive? I am using Outlook Express 6.0 and Windows2000 with sp3. Any Suggestions?? Try posting in an Oulook Express group - this group supports Outlook from the Microsoft Office suite of business productivity programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. You can also see this site for some excellent help with OE: http://www.tomsterdam.com --� Milly S...

How to disable Window File protection system
Hello, I need to implement a class that disbales Windows File Protection (WFP) untill next reboot and that shouldn't require Rebooting the system. Please help me out if anyone has idea about it, Regards Amit ...

PST Password Recovery #3
Dear All , How can i recover my PST file password in Outlook 2003. If any 3rd party tool is available please send me the link. Kishore On Apr 4, 3:53 am, "Brinesh Kishore" <bbk.n...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear All , > > How can i recover my PST file password in Outlook 2003. > > If any 3rd party tool is available please send me the link. > > Kishore www.elcomsoft.com ...

When will CRM 4.0 Stand-Alone Online Help be available?
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=38cec6ea-d992-4147-a685-61cbbdedf7ac&dg=microsoft.public.crm ...

OutLook Today Customization #4
There are 2 types of unread message. I know some messages have come an I know the severity of the message so I leave those to be read som time later. But some messages have come newly I have not seen at all Is it possible to have these category in the outlook today bar? So tha we can directly go to the folder where the new mails have come instea of going thro each folder? Is there any other way to achieve the same? Ramesh ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...