Password not working on one machine

This is very bizarre.  I have an excel document that is password protected
and can be open by everyone except for this one computer.  It's saying that
the password is not correct.  It doesn't matter who is logged in so it tells
me it's computer specific.  I have tried a different keyboard, with no
luck...any suggestions would be great.
0
Lord (1)

I used to walk over to a co-worker's desk and turn off the capslock button.
Could it be something that simple?

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I used to walk over to a co-worker's desk and turn off the capslock button.
> Could it be something that simple?
>

> M. Lord wrote:
> >
> > This is very bizarre.  I have an excel document that is password protected
> > and can be open by everyone except for this one computer.  It's saying that
> > the password is not correct.  It doesn't matter who is logged in so it tells
> > me it's computer specific.  I have tried a different keyboard, with no
> > luck...any suggestions would be great.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
MLord (4)
7/21/2005 3:51:03 PM

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I used to walk over to a co-worker's desk and turn off the capslock button.
> Could it be something that simple?
>

> M. Lord wrote:
> >
> > This is very bizarre.  I have an excel document that is password protected
> > and can be open by everyone except for this one computer.  It's saying that
> > the password is not correct.  It doesn't matter who is logged in so it tells
> > me it's computer specific.  I have tried a different keyboard, with no
> > luck...any suggestions would be great.
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
MLord (4)
7/21/2005 3:51:06 PM
Is the password not correct message coming from excel--or maybe from a macro
that's running after the file is opened.

If you start excel in safe mode:
close excel
windows start button|run
type
excel /safe
hit enter

Then file|Open the workbook

does it open?

--

Dave Peterson
0

How to Store Passwords To Multiple Sheets and To Retain that Passwords When the Workbook IS closed
i need a code to store password to multiple sheets and to retain that passwords when i closed the workbook. according to my code it can assigns a password but cannot retain the multiple passwords assigned to multiple sheet . Sub ProtectAll() Pwd = InputBox("Enter your password to protect all worksheets") If Pwd <> "" Then FormobjWSht_Input.Protect Password:=Pwd Else Exit Sub End If End Sub Sub UnProtectAll() 'Dim Pwd As String Pwd = InputBox("Enter your password to unprotect all worksheets", "Password Input") If Pwd...

working with a tab control with no tabs in design view
I'm using a tab control in Access 2000, and the user requested to have buttons in the form header, instead of the built-in tabs (so that when they scroll down, they can still switch tabs). Now, this works fine. However, when I'm in Design View, I can't access the tabs without changing the tab control's Style back to Tabs. But I want to be able to place controls in that space at the top where the tabs used to be. But if I need to turn the tabs back on when I need to make design changes, then I can't do that. So the result is wasted space at the top of the tab control,...

Only one record shows in input form
Good morning, I have created a database with Access 2003. I imported 17 records from Excel into the products table. When I open the input form to add new or correct the existing records, the input form sees only one of the 17 records. Can someone tell me why? If it will help to look at the database, I have uploaded it to: http://www.netstore02.com/db/ It is titled "trouble.mdb" Thank you for whatever help you can give me!! :>) Mary Hartman <MaryHartman@smallville.og> wrote in news:k5b1k35btmcn75o4n3nsolrt6ht6j3vlhl@4ax.com: > > Good morning, > > I h...

How does one talk to a USB port
Bought a bar code scanner, came with USB cable. No drivers or anything like that. I'm wondering how to listen to a device on a USB port. Hoping theres a microsoft class or something that makes it relatively easy. I've done serial ports before so familiar with the CreateFile idea, but cant find any MSDN info on how to talk to a USB port. Want to use VC++ Thx. You can use CreateFile,ReadFile, and WriteFile methods for accessing the USB. Cheers Jagadeesh "Vapour" <Vapour@net.com> wrote in message news:c1tq6d$qlo$1@ctb-nnrp2.saix.net... > Bought a bar code sc...

Spam sent to one user goes to other users ?
Users in general complain that all of sudden junk e-mail appears in their Inboxes, but I see that "to" line is to=myUserA@mycompany.com. That means that the spam that targeted myuserA appears in the inboxes of myUserB and everybody else. Although users that receive such e-mail are various so far, the "to" line is consistent 'to=myUserA'. This is very interesting because I do have MailEssentials running and blocking mail based on DNSBL. Have you ever seen such thing ? -----Original Message----- From: Beau Morton [mailto:whitener@doneasy.com] Sent: Friday, Marc...

How to pass value from one form to another form.
I have the following code in BookList.aspx: <form id="form1" runat="server"> <div> <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="LibSysDataSource" AllowPaging="True"> <Columns> <asp:BoundField DataField="AccessionNo" HeaderText="Accession No" /> <asp:BoundField DataField="Title" HeaderText="Title" SortExpression="Title&qu...

outlook reqeusting user name and password
with in the pass few weeks some of the client machines running Outlook 2002 have started asking for the users name, password and domain. even though the client is logged onto the network already, the client cannot log onto Outlook. repeated attemps with the correct user name and password always fail. the problem started with one machine, then another, then another. Now only two of our 6 client machines can log into Outlook. Any idea? uhm, have their passwords expired? Have you verified the clients are configured to using the appropriate security? "Bob" <bob@data-r...

How to merge 10 files in one step?
Hi Everyone I would like to check is it possible to merge 10 files with the same format together with one step or less steps when compared to opening up 10 files and then copy and paste? I would really appreciate any help given... Cheers ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements There is no way built into Excel to do a merge other than copy/paste. (Well, there is th...

starring out passwords in CDialog
Hi, when I set the "Password" mode to "true" on the Edit Control, it stars out the passwords as expected, however it shows as many stars as there are characters in the password. Any automated way to have it star out the entire length of the field? Tx You could write your own derivative of CEdit that filled in * instead of blank for a certain length by overriding OnChar and filling in a number of characters after the real ones in, but it would make it more difficult for users to know if they have typed in the correct number of characters. This article might be intere...

Display ranges from one worksheet to another
I am running excel 2003. I have been given the task of creating a workbook where on one main sheet I want to display named ranges from up to 4 other worksheets based on the user selection. The ranges are work weeks and we want to be able to display 8 weeks at a time for resource planning. Can someone point me in a direction where I can find a way to do this? Thank you. Check Ron's site under the Copy/Paste section. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Opal" <tmwelton@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eb392038-e6ab-46b0-a3d6-eb0df5c7a0fd@h2g2000vbd...

Password not working all of a sudden
I've been using Money forever, and I have 2005 version. ALl of a sudden I can't log into money with my passport login. This is happening not just on one account, but two accounts (mine and my girlfriends) I can login offline, and still update accounts, but it won't sign in. I can sign into other passport sites fine. Anyone know if there is something amiss with Money and passport Caps Lock? "Rico Singleton" <mastermind2@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:OupgzUt5FHA.2628@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I've been using Money forever, and I have 2005 ver...

Out of office replys not working correctly
Hello, We have a few users who have the automatic out of office replys turned on and they work fine from within the company. However, they dont seem to be responding to outside mail such as yahoo.com, gmail.com or hotmail.com. Is there a setting in exchange 2003 server that would prohibit out of office replys from going out to external mail? Thanks in advance... Yes, OOFs to the Internet are disabled by default. Global Settings/Internet Message Formats/Properties/ click the checkbox to enable. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:55:28 -0800, Psycho <Psycho@Psychotic.net> wrote: >Hello...

All Internal Passwords.xls Error 91
As with Nathan below, I ran this code on Office XP (XL) with XP Pro and received the same error. I loaded ONLY allinternalpasswords.xls and ran the Macro. Does another W/S have to be loaded? How does one apply this macro to a specific sheet? As Nathan Gutman & myself found: When trying to run it it gets to line: WinTag = .ProtectStructure Or .ProtectWindows and gives runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. Can someone help to undertand why and how to fix that? Dennis, You should open the workbook whose passwords you want to break. This should be...

Why CreateObject("vbscript.regexp") doesn't work?
I get a runtime error ("object variable not set") pointing to the assignment statement when I do the following: Dim v As Object v = CreateObject("vbscript.regexp") I have select Microsoft VBScript Regular Expressions 5.5 (also tried 1.0) under Tools > References. But nothing is added under VBAProject \ References in the Project pane, as there is when I select atpvbaen.xls for example. Is that indicative of the root cause of the problem, perhaps a missing file? What is the name of the file that contains the Microsoft VBScript Regular Expressions 5....

CAsyncSocket Receive and OnReceive doesn't work
vc++ 6.0 Using an own Socket class (with base class CAsyncSocket). I (client) try to connect to a server application. The function CAsyncSocket::Connect() returns the error 10035. The send and receive commands are executed but no data is transferred. The functions CAsyncSocket::OnReceived() CAsyncSocket::OnSend() are not called. Using CSocket as base class the data is sent and received without problems (no error while execution CSocket::Connect()). The overloaded functions CSocket::OnReceived() and CSocket::OnSend() are not called, too. The overloaded functions are declared correct in th...

One file in Excel will not open.
Can anyone offer help on this one? We have a user running Excel 2000 and there is one spreadsheet that is just over 3MB that he cannot open. If we try from another machine, the file opens no problem, but on his machine it will not. It appears to load the first worksheet, but the mouse stays in an hourglass and he cannot edit it. Eventually he has to CTRL+ALT+DEL out of the program. The odd thing is, he can open any other Excel sheet, even larger ones, without a problem! Can anyone give a suggestion? I have tried Excel in safe mode, I have tried an older version of the file that u...

Setting Major tick to none on charts is not working, is it a bug?
I've tried to set the major tick for my x-axis to none, so that the marks only show up above my data points along the x-axis... it is not working I notice a small change from None to Cross, but it basically looks the same as cross, just a little bit shorter on both ends(inside and outside). Anyone know if this is being fixed, if it's a bug... or if I'm doing it incorrectly? I can change it with both XY Scatter charts and Line charts. What type of chart are you trying to change? "Mike J" <Mike J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EFDB3C7-1CBD-4...

Multi Select List Not Working
The following code works perfectly for a multi select list. I've used it for several years on many applications. I'm encountering a strange error however on this code that takes criteria from three different lists and enters the data into a query. The first two list's criteria work fine but the third list has a strange quirk. Here's what it is doing. Let's say the third list has choices, 1,2,3,4,5,6. If I choose 3,4,5 in the list and run the code, it returns 1,4,5. If I choose 2,4,5,6 the code returns 1,4,5,6. It always returns the first value in my list wh...

Outlook journal entries do not work in Office XP.
I have a user that informed me his journal entries do not work. I also tried mine and they also do not work We are running Win2k with Office XP. I just thought of something this can be stopped through AD can it not? Update, a while back we moved My Documents to a network drive for backups and so no mater where they login they will see thier My Documents. If thier My Documents is local Journal entries work. If it's a network drive they do not. Anyone have an idea on how to fix this one? Thanks. "David Bissonnette" <dbissonnette@foster-miller.com> wrote in message ...

turning off One Note or Side Note
Every time I start up my computer part of one note starts up and there is an icon in my system tray. I believe that is side note, but I don't use it much, so I don't know much else about it. My issue is that I don't use it and don't want it to show up every time I start my computer, but I can not figure out how to turn the dammed thing off. I can shut it down everytime I start up, but I should be able to tell the system that I don't want it in my system tray on start. It is not started through the startup folder. It does appear to be un the run folder of...

replace old w2k exchange server with new one
We are planning to replace our old W2k server with a brand new one... Can anyone tell me which steps to take? The ultimate solution would be, that we could keep the name and the ip adres of the old server... Many thanks in advance. Jan Eertink "Jan Eertink" <j.eertink-no-spam-i-mean-it@xs4all.nl> wrote in news:40e1541e$0$37789$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl: > We are planning to replace our old W2k server with a brand new one... > Can anyone tell me which steps to take? > The ultimate solution would be, that we could keep the name and the ip > adres of the old serve...

Try this. 100% money! It honestly works. Trust me!
> Hi, > I thought I should share this amazing story with everyone. Last summer my daughters 13yr. old friend that lives across the street told me she had $21,000 in her bedroom closet and didn't want her parents to find it. She asked me if I could hold it in my bank account for her. I was totally shocked by all this. The first thing I asked of course is, Are you serious and where the heck did you get $21,000? She thought if her parents found out about the money she would get in trouble. She didn't think that she would still be getting all this money in the mail. She sa...

password for worksheet
Forgot password on a big spreadsheet. Tried my "usual" passwords...nodda. Is their a way to undo my password??? Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html In article <064801c3a08e$111588d0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "duane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Forgot password on a big spreadsheet. Tried my "usual" > passwords...nodda. Is their a way to undo my password??? ...

following hyperlinks using the enter key no longer works in excel xp/2k3...
in excel 2000 you can navigate an excel spreadsheet with the arrows keys and use the enter key on a cell with a hyperlink and it goes to the destination of the link. in excel xp and 2k3 that no longer works. hitting the enter key just jumps to the next cell. i turned off that feature, but then hitting enter does nothing at all. is there a way to get the functionality back that was in excel 2000? thanks I've seen a few posts that ask this same question and I've never seen a way to turn it back to the way it used to be. ryan wrote: > > in excel 2000 you can navigate ...

Password no longer works in Money 2004 (OEM Version)
Hey all, I haven't been able to find anything similar in the FAQ so was wondering if anyone has had this happen. All of a sudden when I try and log into Money 2004 it is saying "The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file". The other weird thing is that the sign- in page itself has changed. There used to be two radio buttons...one for signing in with passport and the other as an offline sign in that appeared below the user name and password textfields. That is now gone. Now it shows up as a button labelled "Skip Sign-in" on the bottom. E...