paper size different in different office

We have five pcs in office. The excel document in office 2000 version in
print preview looks different in another machine of office 2003. Can anyone
help me how could I solve the problem.
--
With warm regards,

Shri
0
shrinivas (4)

This would likely have only to do with printer drivers.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"shrinivas" <shrinivas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have five pcs in office. The excel document in office 2000 version in
> print preview looks different in another machine of office 2003. Can
anyone
> help me how could I solve the problem.
> --
> With warm regards,
>
> Shri

0
ng1 (1444)

cannot install Office 2001 Combo update 9,0,4
When I try to launch it on my G4, the Classic Environment is automatically launched. Then I get the following message: "The default location for this install cannot be found.This install will be cancelled." I have no trouble with other installs. Hi It sounds like you may have put your Office 2001 installation in a place other than the default location and the updater can't find it. Is that possible? -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Googl...

Assistants in Office 2004
In previous versions of Office, one could install other Office assistants from the Gallery of assistants. I can't find the other assistants anywhere on the Office 2004 install CD to add to that gallery, and only Max is available. I find Max's antics very distracting and have always preferred the simple puzzle icon. Is there a way to get any of the other choices back? Thanks in advance. --- Please remove NOSPAM to reply privately if you are so inclined, ramoncNOSPAM at NOSPAMsurewest dot NOSPAM netNOSPAM. Otherwise, replies to the Newsgroup are always welcome. That's t...

Mail merge file sizes
Can anybody help me. I have produced a 2 page document in Publisher 2003 and when I add mail merge to it with a database of 500 addresses, when it generates I get the following problems; 1. It takes ages to generate (the green progress bar moves very slowly across the screen as it applies the address to each document 2. The file sizes are at least 300mb for each 10 that it generates (the original file size is less than 2 mb) Any help would be appreciated. This will help The Registry Fix for changing the Mail Merge Batch Size Courtesy of KATMA http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/r...

Reduce gigantic icon size in 2007 beta?
Is there a way in Outlook 2007 beta to reduce the size of the icons in the Navigation pane and across the top of the page? They are GIGANTIC. Horrible looking. It makes Outlook appear to be a comic book instead of a business application. I will never use this version of Outlook (or Word for that matter) if I can't reduce the icon size to very small, neat and nice looking. I also cannot see how to reduce the font size for the listings in the Navigation pane. That is also way too large. I like the size of the icons on the top of the "inbox page". Those are nice and small an...

Out of Office Assistant not working
I have a user in my company who set up an Out of Office reply before he left on vacation, but the reply is not going out to anyone. We are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4. The client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. On the server side, there are no alternate recipients assigned to him. He doesn't have any rules set up in his Rules Wizard, and he has no delegates setup in his Outlook client, either. Can anyone offer any help on this? Thanks. On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:06:48 -0800, "Mark Z" <mzuchlewsk@dol.wa.gov> wrote: >I have a user in my company who set up an Out...

Toolbar with different icon sizes
I am developing an Internet Explorer toolbar. Most of the buttons have icon sizes of 16x16, but one of them has larger width (80 pixels). Since a toolbar expects all icons to have the same size I have to do something special if I want to add this button. The solution that I am currently experimenting with is to make a second toolbar which is a child window of the first toolbar. This second toolbar contains only one button. This seems to work a little. I can position it correctly, but the problem is that the second toolbar is entirely black. If I move the mouse cursor of it, it highlights a g...

Wrong Massage Size, Mail in Queue, Greylisted Mail
Hello, we use a Tool that attach a Disclaimer over SMTP-Sink. The Disclaimer attached correct. Original-Massage-Size e.g. 968 after added the Disclaimer Size are e.g. 1464 Then the Exchange try to send the correct Mail incl. Disclaimer with Size 1464: OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MyExchServer - 25 MAIL - FROM:<t.test@mydomain.de>+SIZE=1464 0 0 4 0 422 SMTP The received Mail-Server has greylisting or something and my mail cannot deliver at first time: (SMTP-Code 451 or 450+4.7.1) Recipient+address+rejected:+Policy+Rejection-+Greylisted,+please+try+later My Mail...

How do I limit clients email attachment size
Hi All, We want to set a limit on users attachments as it kill the bandwidth available. Is it a group policy setting or is it a client config within outlook? -- Rgds, Simon UK "spbembr" <spbembridge@simtonesolutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:OqcQv2yMGHA.1832@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > We want to set a limit on users attachments as it kill the bandwidth > available. Is it a group policy setting or is it a client config within > outlook? Seems that would be a quota setting that you would configure in the mail server. -- _____________...

Copy data between access databases with slightly different structures
If I have 2 databases with some differences in table structure, 1 is fully populated and the other empty, how can I copy only the matching fields data from one to the other? Are there any utilities available for this? See if this is what you want. Open one database and create a link to the table in the other database. Then create an append query. You can choose the fields you want to append, leaving the other fields alone and/or use criteria to chose what records you want to append. -- Joseph E. Meehan 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math "Partha Mandayam" <partha@partha...

OE6 -- Reducing DBX File Size?
Hi Folks, My in-box folder was getting too large, so I deleted about 3/4 of the = emails but still the DBX folder shows the same size - 200MB. I tried to = compress it and it says there is not enough hard drive space (I have 900 = MB of empty space).=20 Any idea how to reduce the size of the inbox? Thanks in advance! Bob Guv Bob wrote: > Hi Folks, > > My in-box folder was getting too large, so I deleted about 3/4 of the emails but still the DBX folder shows the same size - 200MB. I tried to compress it and it says there is not enough hard drive space (I have...

Assign a Contact to a different businessunit
Helo, is it possible to assign a contact to a different businessunit than my own? We have the problem that the customer has users that should have the right to enter contacts for different businessunits (without assigning it to another user). Thanks for your help, paul. Unfortunately, the answer is no. If you look in the tables for Contact (ContactBase) or even the Contact view or FilteredContact, you'll probablly notice a field called businessunitid...this is dynamically set when you reassign it to someone else. Sorry I don't have a better solution for you. "Paul&quo...

Stencil file size
We have created stencils from Autocad files from some suppliers. They are nice looking but are very slow when trying edit them in any way. Is there a way to easily modify the Autocad files to simplify them without removing detail to decrease the files size associated with the stencils? Are there attirbutes or underlying details that can be deleted? Hello Peter, A few questions for you: When you say stencils, do you mean you've actually created .vss files rather than straight diagrams (.vsd)? How many Masters does your stencil contain and what is the size of the file? Also, wha...

Couldn't print so unistalled and now Office won't upgrade
Hi, I recently upgraded from a PowerBook to an 24" iMac. Since the iMac is my primary machine I uninstalled Office 2004 from my PowerBook and installed it on my iMac. Everything was working fine until about a week ago (I think after I installed the 11.3.4 patch). (Only) Office was running extremely slow and I was unable to print from using any of the apps. I am able to print using other applications (Pages, etc.). Out of frustration I uninstalled Office and tried to re-installed it. I originally purchased Office 10 and then the upgrade to 2004. Office 10 works (loads fast but does...

Office:mac 2004 language?
I live in Germany and recently purchased Microsoft Office:mac 2004 Student/Teacher version in German. I am primarily an English-speaker, however, and want to be sure that this German version will allow me to install it in English, and not German. Anyone know, so I can decide whether or not to unwrap it? Hello Heidi, unfortunately, Office is, as far as menus are concerned, monolingual, i.e. if you have bought the German version of Office 2004, all your menus will be in German, too, and there's no way to change them to English, or any other language, for that matter. Since English is yo...

reduce size of mail store?
I've been gradually reducing mailbox limits and forcing users to archive to reduce the size of the mail store. However it does not appear to be shrinking. I thought daily mainteance routine would compress. Is there anything to do other than an offline compress and defrag? I really don't want to have to do that unless as a last resort. Thanks! Is your server running low on diskspace or are you having performance issues? Regards, Jason T. Parker rockymtntuna wrote: > I've been gradually reducing mailbox limits and forcing users to archive to > reduce the size of the m...

Calculating Time Difference
Hi, Searched previous postings but can't find an answer to my problem - hope someone can help. I have two columns both in hh:mm format; first shows a start time and second shows a stop time. I want a third column to show the difference in hours and minutes between the two times - if I can't have this I will accept difference in minutes only between the two times. Best I have come up with is the calculation =ABS(a2-a1) and custom format the cell to show minutes only; [mm]. There seems to be a problem with this - the calculation does not always return the expected time differe...

Moving mailboxes from 5.5 to 2K in different domain
Hello, If anyone could give me some quick tips on what method to use to migrate mailboxes from a 5.5 box to a 2000 box that is in a different domain I would greatly appreciate it. We have built a fresh W2K domain and will be migrating our production NT4 domain. In testing, I have successfully replicated all users, groups, and computers to the new W2K domain using the active directory migration tool. The old/new domains currently have a full 2-way trust established. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, JW If you migrate the accounts successfully then the users will all be in t...

Signature Removes after Office Updates
All clients have signatures setup with disclaimers. However, after applying Microsoft updates via WSUS, the settings for the signatures are removed and are not automatically showing on new mail and replies. Can anyone provide some direction on what to look into to get this corrected? This client must have the disclaimers show on every new mail and reply coming from within the network. Thanks !!! ...

what is my server if my computer is vista and office 2003?
my computer is vista home basic with copy right 2007 service pack 2,office 2003 and internet explorer 8. Can I know the followings? 1. What is my server (enable to upgrade server) 2. What is my office 2007 or 2003? 3. Can office 2003 to upgrade to what grade without costs? 1. I doubt very much that you have a server. Are you on a network (home or office)? Why do you think you want to upgrade a server? 2. We have no idea what version of Office you own. You can either look at your receipt or open the program and look in the Help file. 3. Upgrades are not free. -- JoAnn Pa...

finding differing numbers.
How do I in a column of numbers some in duplication, how can i get a list off the entries which reflects these numbers but not in duplication. ie "numbers" 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 1, 5, 3, 5, 2, 1, 2. "result" 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Thanks Chris Hi one way: - select your column - choose 'Data - Filter Advanced Filter' - choose a new range and 'unique entries' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany curleyc wrote: > How do I in a column of numbers some in duplication, how can i get a > list off the entries which reflects these numbers but not in > duplicat...

Maximum Excel file size #2
I created an Excel file (62MB) yesterday on this PC and was able to save it to the hard drive. When I attempt to open it today, it causes an error “Not enough memory� The PC has 1.7GHz processor w/ 524MB RAM. Is this not enough power to open this file? Why did it let me save the file yesterday and not open it today? Any other ideas as to what the issue may be When looking at the Processes tab in Task Manager, the Memory Usage is approx. 105MB with nothing running. It seems that there should be enough memory to open the Excel file Thanks a bunch for your help Excel has it's own in...

Two different formats for same document
I print scripts onto 8x5 index cards, landscape. I'd like to be able to print a copy of the script, two pages per sheet, onto 8.5x11 paper for editing purposes. The index card page breaks are important to know in the editing. Any ideas? I use MS Word 2008 for Mac. I can't give you explicit directions without more details but I believe you should find your solution in the Print dialog. There should be nothing you have to change in your document itself. In the Print dialog open the Copies & pages list, select Layout. Choose 2 in the 'Pages per Sheet' lis...

Taking ownership of HD with different OS
My boyfriend just bought a new pc running Vista and needs to get files off of the old HD with XP Pro. He's installed the old HD (drive J) into the new pc - when he attempts to explore drive J he gets the access is denied message. I told him about taking ownership and disabling simple file sharing, but he's having a problem because the Vista interface is completely different...is the procedure a different one if the hard drives have different OS's? Try run,type: diskmgmt.msc In msc,L.click on the xp hd,go to actions, all,locate and select "make active",i...

how can i see my exchange mails from different ISP
hi, i have an exchange server 2003 with windows server 2003 my mails are coming to my exchange through smtp server on port 25 , my exchange is behind the PIX firewall my users can check their mails through MSoutlook 2003, OWA and OUTlook express internaly and can send mails to yaho, hotmail,gmail as well , so plzz tell me what i have to configure on my server or on pix so that my users can see their mails from home or different ISP plzz send me the full configuration because i am new to exchange . thanks in advance regards ALI You have owa already working. So, let the pix accept con...

Office 2004 Demo
Is there a trial version to see if we like the changes to the suite? Based on what I have read, I am very interested, but I am not too nuts about buying two copies for my Macs without "kicking the tires," as it were. Thanks, Chris In article <5c6d721e.0405171418.7f9ba736@posting.google.com>, cjohnnelson@yahoo.com (Chris) wrote: > Is there a trial version to see if we like the changes to the suite? > Based on what I have read, I am very interested, but I am not too nuts > about buying two copies for my Macs without "kicking the tires," as it > were. ...