Page printing and checkbox protection

I have two questions:

1.
I have a sheet. All the contents of this sheet fit to one page, but
when I hit print preview, i still have two pages in queue to print ...
Second is white ... How can I get rid of this white page?

2.
I have a check box on my sheet. I want to check the checkbox and
afterwards, I want to secure this checkbox, so only certain people can
uncheck this checkbox) Is it possible?

Thx in advance for your help

--
balcovja
balcovja's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26239

#1.
Try changing the print area.  File|Print Area
or
Try resetting the last used cell.
Debra Dalgleish shows techniques:
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

#2.
You could have a macro that asks for a password when they try to change the
button.

I put a checkbox from the Forms toolbar on a worksheet.  I assigned it this
macro:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

    Dim CBX As CheckBox
    Dim PWD As String

    Set CBX = ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes(Application.Caller)

    PWD = InputBox(Prompt:="Validation code?")
    If PWD <> "hi" Then
        If CBX.Value = xlOn Then
            CBX.Value = xlOff
        Else
            CBX.Value = xlOn
        End If
    End If

End Sub

It actually allows the user to change the checkbox (to fire the macro), but if
the code isn't correct, it changes it back.

balcovja wrote:

> I have two questions:
>
> 1.
> I have a sheet. All the contents of this sheet fit to one page, but
> when I hit print preview, i still have two pages in queue to print ...
> Second is white ... How can I get rid of this white page?
>
> 2.
> I have a check box on my sheet. I want to check the checkbox and
> afterwards, I want to secure this checkbox, so only certain people can
> uncheck this checkbox) Is it possible?
>
> Thx in advance for your help
>
> --
> balcovja