Page numbers 1 of 14 not 1 of 1

Hi All,

I've add the page footer pages # of # however on each page its coming up
with 1 of 1.

There are about 14 worksheets in the workbook so why isn't it showing 1 of
14 on the last sheet?

--
Adam
-----------

Group your Worksheets before printing.
--

HTH,

RD

"Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi All,

I've add the page footer pages # of # however on each page its coming up
with 1 of 1.

There are about 14 worksheets in the workbook so why isn't it showing 1 of
14 on the last sheet?

--
Adam
-----------
Windows 98 + Office Pro 97

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
2/15/2005 11:57:14 AM
Some of the worksheets print over 3 pages, so grouping and then adding the
the footer removes the page breaks on those pages.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

> Group your Worksheets before printing.
> --
>
> HTH,
>
> RD
>
> "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I've add the page footer pages # of # however on each page its coming up
> with 1 of 1.
>
> There are about 14 worksheets in the workbook so why isn't it showing 1 of
> 14 on the last sheet?
>

> --
> Adam
> -----------
> Windows 98 + Office Pro 97

0
adam1685 (340)
2/15/2005 12:17:04 PM
Are you saying that you want the 3 *Print Pages* of Sheet 1 to display,
"Page 1 of 14"?
AND ... have Sheet 2 display "Page 2 of 14"?

If you manually set the page breaks, and then Group and print the WB, the
page breaks remain in force, and pick up their own page number.

So, if Sheet 1 had 3 *print pages*, and all the other 13 sheets had 1 each,
you'd end up with 16 page numbers.

What *exactly* are you looking to accomplish?
--

Regards,

"RagDyeR" wrote:

> Group your Worksheets before printing.
> --
>
> HTH,
>
> RD
>
> "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I've add the page footer pages # of # however on each page its coming up
> with 1 of 1.
>
> There are about 14 worksheets in the workbook so why isn't it showing 1 of
> 14 on the last sheet?
>

> --
> Adam
> -----------
> Windows 98 + Office Pro 97

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
2/15/2005 1:39:14 PM
I'm trying to achieve your first point here. However when I group and apply
the footer "Pages 1 of ?" it removes my page breaks on the sheet which 3
pages.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

> Are you saying that you want the 3 *Print Pages* of Sheet 1 to display,
> "Page 1 of 14"?
> AND ... have Sheet 2 display "Page 2 of 14"?
>
> If you manually set the page breaks, and then Group and print the WB, the
> page breaks remain in force, and pick up their own page number.
>
> So, if Sheet 1 had 3 *print pages*, and all the other 13 sheets had 1 each,
> you'd end up with 16 page numbers.
>
> What *exactly* are you looking to accomplish?
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> RD
> Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
>
> "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Some of the worksheets print over 3 pages, so grouping and then adding the
> the footer removes the page breaks on those pages.
>
> "RagDyeR" wrote:
>
> > Group your Worksheets before printing.
> > --
> >
> > HTH,
> >
> > RD
> > Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit!
> >
> > "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've add the page footer pages # of # however on each page its coming up
> > with 1 of 1.
> >
> > There are about 14 worksheets in the workbook so why isn't it showing 1 of
> > 14 on the last sheet?
> >

> > --
> > Adam
> > -----------
> > Windows 98 + Office Pro 97

0
adam1685 (340)
2/15/2005 5:37:06 PM
I'm wondering if the OPs format in the footer is correct.  It should display
in the Custom Footer setup window as "&[Page] of &[Pages]".  It looks like it
may be # of # which, for page 1 would show 1 of 1 (page 2 would show 2 of 2,
etc.).

Worth a look see, anyway.

Bruce

"Adam" wrote:

> I'm trying to achieve your first point here. However when I group and apply
> the footer "Pages 1 of ?" it removes my page breaks on the sheet which 3
> pages.
>

> "RagDyeR" wrote:
>
> > Are you saying that you want the 3 *Print Pages* of Sheet 1 to display,
> > "Page 1 of 14"?
> > AND ... have Sheet 2 display "Page 2 of 14"?
> >
> > If you manually set the page breaks, and then Group and print the WB, the
> > page breaks remain in force, and pick up their own page number.
> >
> > So, if Sheet 1 had 3 *print pages*, and all the other 13 sheets had 1 each,
> > you'd end up with 16 page numbers.
> >
> > What *exactly* are you looking to accomplish?
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > RD
> > Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
> >
> > "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Some of the worksheets print over 3 pages, so grouping and then adding the
> > the footer removes the page breaks on those pages.
> >
> > "RagDyeR" wrote:
> >
> > > Group your Worksheets before printing.
> > > --
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > >
> > > RD
> > > ==============================================
> > > Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit!
> > > ==============================================
> > >
> > > "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I've add the page footer pages # of # however on each page its coming up
> > > with 1 of 1.
> > >
> > > There are about 14 worksheets in the workbook so why isn't it showing 1 of
> > > 14 on the last sheet?
> > >

> > > --
> > > Adam
> > > -----------
> > > Windows 98 + Office Pro 97

I am now at an XL97 machine, and I have no problem with creating and
*maintaining* page breaks on Sheet 1, while grouping and setting up page
numbering footers for *all* the rest of the sheets.

I don't understand what you are doing that "loses" your page breaks.

However, all printed pages will be numbered *sequentially* if printing is
initiated while the sheets are grouped.

You can experiment with printing the sheets individually, where you control
the numbering of the first page for each sheet in:
<File> <PageSetup> <Page> tab,
And change the default "Automatic" setting, in the "FirstPageNumbering" box
to different numbers.

> I'm trying to achieve your first point here. However when I group and
apply
> the footer "Pages 1 of ?" it removes my page breaks on the sheet which 3
> pages.
>

> "RagDyeR" wrote:
>
> > Are you saying that you want the 3 *Print Pages* of Sheet 1 to display,
> > "Page 1 of 14"?
> > AND ... have Sheet 2 display "Page 2 of 14"?
> >
> > If you manually set the page breaks, and then Group and print the WB,
the
> > page breaks remain in force, and pick up their own page number.
> >
> > So, if Sheet 1 had 3 *print pages*, and all the other 13 sheets had 1
each,
> > you'd end up with 16 page numbers.
> >
> > What *exactly* are you looking to accomplish?
> > --
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > RD
> > Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit !
> >
> > "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Some of the worksheets print over 3 pages, so grouping and then adding
the
> > the footer removes the page breaks on those pages.
> >
> > "RagDyeR" wrote:
> >
> > > Group your Worksheets before printing.
> > > --
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > >
> > > RD
> > > ==============================================
> > > Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit!
> > > ==============================================
> > >
> > > "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I've add the page footer pages # of # however on each page its coming
up
> > > with 1 of 1.
> > >
> > > There are about 14 worksheets in the workbook so why isn't it showing
1 of
> > > 14 on the last sheet?
> > >

> > > --
> > > Adam
> > > -----------
> > > Windows 98 + Office Pro 97

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Page jumping
I seem to have a glitch on my new worksheet when I select a drop dowbn cell, or click a check box, or just press enter my sheet jumps to cells higher up, sometimes foating imagionary cells over the top of true ones, Only doing it on this speadsheet, though not old ones ...

Security Level 1 attachments
Hi, I have just re-installed Outlook 2000 and installed the latest service pack, only to find that I cannot now open any Access database .mdb attachments as they are included on the Level 1 security filetype list. I am not using Exchange Server, so can anyone tell me how to modify the Level 1 list, so that I can open my attachments? If this is not possible, can I uninstall the security patch somehow? How rediculous is this?! Grrr.... Many thanks for any help anyone can give, Jim F. Ok, think I have found it. For anyone else reading this, with a similar problem, have a look at ht...

Multiple page sizes in one document
I need to print multiple page sizes from one document. Can someone point me to an article on this? Thanks You need to use ResetDC(...) before calling the StartPage(...).You should look at the DEVMODE and dmPaperSize member to set the appropriate paper size. Thanks Vipin "mike" <nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:%23SXiYwSkFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I need to print multiple page sizes from one document. Can someone point me > to an article on this? > Thanks > > You need to use ResetDC(...) before calling the StartPage(...).You should look at...

page # on MRP exception report
Anybody know how to get page numbers on the MRP Exception Report? I tried adding the page number field but all it prints is a 0. The existing page number field that prints in the RH is called Page No. but i can't find it in the Tools to select and I dont think you can copy and paste a field from the report. The only selection is from Globals and that is "Page Number". Doesnt seem to work the same. Any help is appreciated. Hi Wes, This is an issue that we are addressing in the next release (8.5) that is due out later this year. In the mean time, I was able to get the page...

outgoing messages, auto numbering
Is there any utility available which will insert automatically a consecutive reference number on outgoing messages ? I have the same problem. PLEASE if you find a solution send me a letter (assistant@vstvarna.com) or post it here. I will really appreciate it because I have been looking for so long for something like this! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Question about numbers lined up against dates
Hey all, Lets see if I can explain this one..... In Column "A" I have a series pf part number- IE 123, 442, ER45 and a whole load of others. In Column "B" I have a price against each part number IE �45.00, �6.70 and others In column "C" I have delivery dates against each part. IE - 2/3/06, 3/6/08 and lots of others. Part number 123 may be required 2/3/06 and 28/3/06 and also 6/6/08 and is �45 each What I am looking for is a formula that shows part number 123 totals monthly amounts. So part number 123 will show 2 required in March 06 at a value of �90 ...

Dlookup Problem Text VS Number type
Hello all- I have a form (in access) that has a section of code which fills in certain cells for an excel spread sheet. Code has worked perfectly for a while, but recently I changed the table's 'OrderNumber' field from a Number type to a Text type. Now my Dlookup doesn't work. I tried changing it back, and it works again. Why does it matter? I need/would really like it to be a text type field. All help/explinations would help a lot. Thanks! Zach Zach - Did you also update the DLookup statement? A text field requires the single-quote delimiter arou...

Paging through Exchange Server 2000
I am trying to set up an account that will be paged through Exchange Server 2000 once the email is sent to the pager but the signal is not going through. I do not get any returns through my inbox. Is there other options to set this up? Did the same thing here. We have a UPS and we want it to page or call someone. I had to allow relay to the ipaddress of the UPS. If you use a OS system on a UPS then you have to let that systems ip be able to relay. In one instance it would mail a local mailbox and we had to set up a rule to send a mail outside our organization when it came in to th...

Making an alphabetical list that fits on one page.
Hello, I know how to arrange a column of cells into alphabetical order when producing a list. However, how can I fit the list across columns so that it fits on one printable page? At the moment, I cut the parts of the list that enters onto the next pages and fit them into the next column. The trouble is that when making new entries I have to make sure that the list is put back into one column again so that it will automatically sort them alphabetically. This is a pain! There must be an easier way. Thanks for your attention and any advice you can give me. David David How long is ...

receipt- Full Page
RMS Version 2.0.0105 Trying to change the full page receipt to read "invoice" instead of "receipt". Have tried changing the xml file, both customizing it and editing it. When customizing it does not give the option to change "Sales Receipt" to "Sales Invoice". Does anyone know how to change this field? Thanks. Yes, please! I have asked this question before with no answers. I have many schools who will not pay if Receipt is on the invoice page, so we have to make up one in excel. "aneuron" wrote: > RMS Version 2.0.0105 > &g...

Excel
I need to create an expense sheet in excel that has the same 'title' (e.g., "transportation", "business lunch", "advertising" read down the left side/columns, and "date", "cost", "vendor" read across the top/rows) information in column A (for example) on each page, for what will be a multi-page document. It seems that this would be resolved in a header-footer capacity, but I am uncertain of the proper procedure, partly because the info is rather complex. Help? See the "File->PageSetup->Sheet" tab. --...

Formulas in custom number formatting allowed?
I need a quick way to change both calculated and data entry cells in a fairly large workbook into custom number formats based on whether they are integers or have up to 2 decimal places. The custom cell formats I would like to get working TOGETHER are: [=INT()]# #.## has Microsoft added anything to Excel to finally make this possible? The macros to do this seem to take a lot of time to work through the workbook. On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 23:45:26 -0700 (PDT), kgriff <kgriffee@gmail.com> wrote: >I need a quick way to change both calculated and data entry cells in a >fairly large wor...

master pages #2
I have a two-sided Master Page in a booklet publication that I am using for the cover page. In Master Page view, both sides of the page appear just fine. But when I exit Master Page view, the publisher page only shows up as one page. I am not using a Web publication, and I have selected two-page master when I created the page, and I have applied the master page to the publication. Why does the two-sided master page only show up as one page in the published pages? Hi - Try adding two pages. You must have four pages for 2 facing pages to "work." The front "cover" sh...

edit lot number attributes
I'm receiving error "lot number was not found" after I select a lot for an item to edit Run CheckLinks first and then Reconcile against the inventory tables -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "tmhr" wrote: > I'm receiving error "lot number was not found" after I select a lot for an > item to edit ...

Need on subfolders that are numbers
I have the following code which puts the names of all subfolders in a folder into a table. But, I want to limit it to only subfolders that have a name that is numbers because most subfolders are named 1000, 1001, etc. but some subfolders in this folder have a name like "archives", I only want the numbered folders - How can I limit it to only the number folders, what code should be added.: Dim fso As Object, objfolder As Object Dim fld As Object, fyl As Object Dim n As Integer Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Dim cmd As ADODB.command ...

Hyperlink to a .mov file after saving as web page
I create emergency pre-plans in visio pro 2003 and link many areas to .jpg files and or .mov files (Quicktime). Obviously, the links do not function after saving the file as a web page. Does anyone have an idea on how I may accomplish this? thanks so much, -- Keith -- Keith Are you creating the links with http URLs or just network drive paths? "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:370BE124-7208-4722-8C5F-8F70A7834BC9@microsoft.com... >I create emergency pre-plans in visio pro 2003 and link many areas to .jpg > files and or .mov files (...

Invoice Report 02-14-10
I have created 2 tables for invoce database. fields in table1 : INV_NO, DATE, TO fields in table2 : LINE_NO, DESCRIPTION, UNIT_PRICE, QTY, TOTAL_PRICE I have connected both tables as primary and foregn keys. I need to print it as below : Each invoice has one or multiple pages. In one invoce line nuber will be increasing in serial number as much as how many items. Would appreciate your favor in this matter. >>I have connected both tables as primary and foregn keys. How are they connected? I do not see any fields that appear to be common to both. -- ...

Auto Numbering in Form
I need to find a way to display in a form text box the highest numerical value entered in any one of four fields for the last record entered. For example: If Field_1 is 0001 Field_2 is 0008 Field_3 is 0005 Field_4 is 0004 When the form is opened, the textbox would display the number 0008. The textbox should display the highest of the four fields of the last record. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Define "last". The way Access stores records and the way you conceptualize "last" may not match up. Comparing "across" is something you do i...

Home Page of Outlook Today
How coul I change the Outlook 2000 home page to 500 workstation? nemendoza@deloitte.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How coul I change the Outlook 2000 home page to 500 > workstation? Since the Outlook Today page is local to each of those 500 workstations, I daresay the only way is to run a script on each one (a logon script would do) that changes the registry entries found in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Today -- Brian Tillman ...

Nosotros marcaremos la =?ISO-8859-1?Q?opci=F3n_Establecer_mi?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_conexi=F3n_manualmente_para_seguir_todos_los?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?_pasos_de_la_instalaci=F3n=2E?=

EMAIL #14
I have Outlook 2000. I go through my email messages daily, and delete the ones I'm not interested in. About once a week I then go to my deleted folder and delete the messages that have accumulated there. For some reason, all of a sudden all of my deleted emails seem to re-appear as new, unread mail in my incoming messages to the point where I could get 1200 of these at a time that had been previously deleted over the course of one month to several months. When this happens, there is not way I can stop it and I literally have to wait until all of these deleted messages come in...

finding unique numbers
I have a column of numbers. Some numbers may appear in the column more than one time. I need to find out the numbers that appear only one time. For instance the column looks like this: 32 47 15 92 32 15 92 I need to find out that 47 is only used once. How can I do this? Thanks. Assuming that A1:A7 contains your data, try... B1, copied down: =IF(ROWS($B$1:B1)<=SUM(--(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$7,$A$1:$A$7)=1)),INDEX($A$1:$A$ 7,SMALL(IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$7,$A$1:$A$7)=1,ROW($A$1:$A$7)-ROW($A$1)+1),ROW S($B$1:B1))),"") ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER. Hope this...

Put numbered items in registry ?
Hi, I have a combo box with text items and I would like to maintain a list of strings, like internet explorer's history/auto-complete feature. The auto complete is nice, but not necessary. It's primarily about the history. I can save these strings in comma separated format into the registry, which allows for 64k per key I heard. However, it seems more common that applications such as internet explorer, maintain an MRU list in the following format: key value default "history" a "String 1" b "String 2" MRU "ab"...

Multiple user on 1 program
Hi, I was wondering if anyone know if it is possible to have multiple people using Money 2006 to manage their own accounts. I am able to log into my personal account with the software, but when I try to use another passport, the username and password are not accepted. It does that for all accounts except for the initial setup accounts. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, PigMan wrote: >Hi, >I was wondering if anyone know if it is possible to have multiple people >using Money 2006 to manage their own accounts. I am able to log into my >personal account with the softw...

Comma in Number Format
Is there a way to make the Use 1000 Separator option in the Number Formate dialog box checked by default? Hi don't think you can do this. What you can do is setup a new template with the cells formated already in your desired format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Erin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:16a601c48c44$b5925f30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make the Use 1000 Separator option in > the Number Formate dialog box checked by default? Using Format/Style... add a new style, and choose the number format ...