page numbering #5

In excel 2003, I want to number pages that will reflect
pages included from another source. example, excel doc
has 28 pages, other doucments to be icluded are 10, want
the excel to be paged 1 - 38. HELP!
0
anonymous (74722)

You could try printing in stages, first one source, then another.

In that way, you can control the starting page number of each individual
source in XL by:
<File> <PageSetUp> <Page> tab,
At the bottom, change the "Auto" in the "FirstPageNumber" box to whatever
page number that you wish to start with.
--
HTH,

RD

"isappb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In excel 2003, I want to number pages that will reflect
> pages included from another source. example, excel doc
> has 28 pages, other doucments to be icluded are 10, want
> the excel to be paged 1 - 38. HELP!

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Links in Excel #5
I've got several spreadsheets that link to one 'master' spreadsheet. They're all kept on our work X: drive, which is the shared drive for the whole organisation. However, the automatic links have a problem, in that every time I open the master spreadsheet that contains the links, I have to manually find each linked spreadsheet, it doesn't automatically update. Now, I can't see anything wrong with the source file descriptions and I can't think of what else it could be. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thankyou in advan...

sequential number
I want to a sequential number to fill in automatically each time the form is filled out. Malissa, A simple way would be to use something like this, you could assign it to a button, an open or before print event. Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 For other ways to do this or if this is going to be used in a temple have a look here http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others...

Exchange 5.5
We have an IBM Netfinity 5000 server running Windows NT4, and Exchange Server 5.5 Over the last 2-3 weeks, Outlook has been freezing, not sending messages ("Operation failed"), and Exchange has been just crashing at odd times and unpredictable times The event log shows a lot of 'Error 0xfffffbd3 occurred on message 1-EB1F8B1 during a background cleanup' type messages. when someone trys to send a message it sometimes comes up with "Operation failed" If the user opens a new email, and then cuts and pastes the text from the failed message into the new email, it goes o...

Where are permissions set for Mailboxes and Public folders in 5.5?
Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 SP6 We have installed Veritas Backup Exec Remote Agent. Exchange is allowing it to backup everything except the actual Private Mailboxes and Public Folders. I'm being denied access to those two folders. I have tried all 3 logons that are listed as 'Service Account Admins' and no luck. I'm told that "The logon account xxxxxx failed to access server_name\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes." Access is denied. This is an old exchange server set up by my predecessor and I'm not that familiar with it. Is there somewhere that special permiss...

Question on Returns to Vendor without PO & Receipt number
Our company switched to Great Plains Dynamics from Simply Accounting 3 months ago. We currently need to return some of the inventory items to our vendors. However, when we try to enter a transaction entry in Purchasing/Returns Transaction Entry, in the detail lines we are asked for the PO number or the receipt number. We are not allowed to go further or save without the PO number or receipt number. When we converted from Simply Accounting, all we entered was the beginning balance of the vendors and only the PO's which we expect to receive. The older PO's were not carried over. W...

Unable to Migrate Exchange 5.5 mail boxes to 2003 with the Migration Wizard
Hi, We are trying to migrate from and NT4 Domain with Exchange 5.5 to 2003/AD with Exchage 2003. We have the AD Domain set up. The NT4 Domain is still in place and on the same network, so our AD domain is similar but different (the "inc" has been dropped from the NetBIOS name). We have 2 Domain Controllers, and a brand new system to run Exchange 2003 on. It is clean, only has the OS and Exchange on it (we have problems when we get the critical updates. It seems linked to the exchange database going belly up, and we can't install exchange in the first place if the updates are ap...

Emailing Tracking Numbers
I have integrated a website with RMS. When orders come in, I make them a workorder and send a PO to the distributor that will ship the product. At the end of the day, the distrbutor sends me the tracking number. When I bring up the customers order and enter the tracking number, I then complete the transcation, then press Shift/Control/F8 to mark the order processed. Does this send the tracking number to the customer? If not, how can I do that with out going to Outlook and physically doing so? Bill, RMS does not send one. Sounds like a good idea though. Maybe add it to the sugge...

only the first 5 columns of a 10 column excel spreadsheet sort
How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? Using Office 2003. Maybe if you remove the Data|list Select a cell in that blue box. Data|list|convert to range jrw562 wrote: > > How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the > first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? > Using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

Outlook 2002 on Exchange 5.5 -- RTF to Plain Text issues
The owner of our company wants ALL email sent to him in Rich Text Format so he can use an abbreviation program he has that works with MS Word when replying. I created a document telling people how to change their settings for Outlook to ensure all messages are sent in Rich Text. My problem is that since he travels so much he wants to be a POP user on our server. If I send him a message from my PC directly connected to the Exchange server he receives it in RTF. If the President of the company (who is also a POP user) sends him a msg in RTF he receives it in Plain Text. He wants me to expla...

Exch 5.5 modifying attachments.
One of Exchange 5.5 Servers has started converting attachments or changing them. Especially true of those for MACs. Now clients can not use them; render some attachments worthless. What has changed on our server; and how do we change it back? For instance, it changes to appl ms\tnef.doc = when it should be an image. Start here http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&Product=msall&Queryc=tnef&Query=tnef&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&...

Select a certain number of cells in a row
Hi, I'd like to have the macro to select row 5 to 10 in the active column. May I know what is the VB code to write? Regards, Valerie maybe... dim myRng as range dim myCol as long with activesheet mycol = activecell.Column set myrng = .range(.cells(5,mycol),.cells(10,mycol)) end with myrng.select ======= or with activesheet .cells(5,activecell.column).resize(6).select end with I'm not quite sure why you want to select that range. But for the most part, if you act directly on the range (and avoid .selects), you're code will work faster and be easier to modify. Dolph...

Mailbox migration #5
Hi. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to migrate an exchange 2003 mailbox from an exchange server on one domain to an exchange server on another domain? Sure, 1. Create the new user on the other Exchange Infrastructure and create a mailbox for that user. 2. Use Exmerge to export the users current mailbox from Domain A to PST format. Follow this document to implement and use Exmerge: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/ExMerge-Recover-Mailbox.html 3. Then use Exmerge on Domain B to _import_ the PST file to your new user, ensuring you select 'merge'. All done, Hope that ...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

2007 Slide Numbering doesn't work
I have a presentation in which the numbering doesn't work...I've gone step by step through everything I can find but I don't see it. Checked the master to ensure a placeholder was there, that the text is visible. I click on the slide thumbnail, click insert / slide number, check off slide numbering, click apply to all and okay. Nothing appears. When I go back to insert / slide number, nothing is checked. Any thoughts? Try ticking the option for slide number in Insert | Header and Footer instead. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's ne...

Export to excel from ASP.Net
I have a page wherein the contents of a datagrid are exported to an excel file. All the columns are correctly displayed in excel except for the number columns. The formatting string for the number column is {0:#,##0.00; (#,##0.00);0.00}. The data is formatted for all numbers exceeding 1000 but for any number below 1000 the data is displayed as 1000 and not with 0's in the decimal places. (displayed as 999 instead of 999.00). ...

macro to generate next number
Hi, i need a macro to look in sheet 2 column A and look at the last filled cell. In the last filled cell i have a number. When i run macro, i need to generate (in sheet1 A1) the number from the last filled cell +1. EX: sheet 2 last filled cell = 29 sheet1 after macro i need to have in A1 = 30 Can this be done? Thanks! Hi, Yuo can have a macro if you want but you don't need one, try this =OFFSET(Sheet2!A1,COUNTA(Sheet2!A:A)-1,0) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still suffici...

List number of permutations for text nums
I've got 4 digit text nums in A1 down In B1 down, I would like to list the corresponding number of permutations, eg: 7777 1 1777 4 0044 6 2477 12 1234 24 Game for any formula, udf or other vba solution Thanks for insights Sub permutations() Dim I As Integer, J As Integer, Rng As Integer Rng =3D Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row J =3D 1 Range("A1").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value =3D "" For I =3D 1 To Rng Cells(J, "D").Value =3D "'" & ActiveCell & Cells(I, &qu...

Viewing / Printing more than two pages at once
I'm working on a publication, and I'd like to get a proper overview of it (balance of pictures etc) However, I can only view two pages at a time. Is it possible to view lots of little pages - say 8-10 at a time? Like you can in Powerpoint. If not, can I print lots of pages on one sheet? In the Print setup I can only get two pages at a time. Only in print preview. On the toolbar there is an icon that you can select to show you multiple pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KMcA" <KMcA@discus...

Master/content pages: prob with passing a control to JS

PayPal Buy Now Button goes to another page when linked
When I create a link to Paypal, the buy now button appears on a new page. I want it to appear on the page where the link is established. Please help ...

page number
How do I remove page number from single pages, not only frontpage You can either insert a section break either side the un-numbered page and change the numbering in the new section or you can conditionally insert the page number in all the pages using fields e.g. {IF {Page} <> 4 "{Page}"} will insert the page number on all pages except page 4. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mv...

Convert Text to Number on 4,508 excel files.
Hi all. I'm faced with a rather unique problem.I have a large amount of improperly formatted excel files. They all have various cells formatted as text, yet they contain numbers and perform calculations on the cells. I now need to get these in a proper state. What I need is: Conversion of all text boxes containing numbers over to proper format of number. Do it automagically. I don't relish the thought of opening each one individually and fixing it. Any thoughts, tips or ideas on this? It could possible if you process that works by Scripting . In Scripting engine 5.6 Filesystem...

Exchange 5.5 migration
I have SBS NT4 1*PDC with Exch. 5.5 i need upradge to W2K with AC,DNS,Exch. 5.5. Its possible use Active Directory Migration Tool + install Active Drirectory Connector for transfer from PDC to W2K ? What is good idea ? Thanks in advance "Mig45" <mig45@volny.cz> wrote: >I have SBS NT4 1*PDC with Exch. 5.5 i need upradge to W2K with AC,DNS,Exch. >5.5. > >Its possible use Active Directory Migration Tool + install Active Drirectory >Connector for transfer from PDC to W2K ? > >What is good idea ? > > > >Thanks in advance > I think the bes...

Outlook Email #5
My email stays in the outbox. Even after opening it and clicking send, it will not leave the outbox. I get an error message indicating there might be a problem with registration issues and that I should reinstall the program. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the program, but this did not solve the problem ...