Page number watermark

I have seen spreadsheet with a Page Number watermark that only display on the
screen and does not print.  I cannot find anything online or in the Help docs
that says how to turn this feature on or off.  I know it's something simple
and it really bugs me that I can't figure it out for myself.  Please help.

--
SGT Brian Ladley
U.S. Army

Hi
Go to View|Normal, as opposewd to View|Page Break Preview

--
Andy.

"SGT Brian Ladley" <SGTBrianLadley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E7950526-9424-410E-95CB-411564FCB3F2@microsoft.com...
>I have seen spreadsheet with a Page Number watermark that only display on
>the
> screen and does not print.  I cannot find anything online or in the Help
> docs
> that says how to turn this feature on or off.  I know it's something
> simple
> and it really bugs me that I can't figure it out for myself.  Please help.
>
> --
> SGT Brian Ladley
> U.S. Army
> Joint Air Defense Operations Center
> IT Automation NCOIC

0
Andy
5/27/2005 3:00:39 PM
Thanks.  That's what I was looking for.
--

"Andy B" wrote:

> Hi
> Go to View|Normal, as opposewd to View|Page Break Preview
>
> --
> Andy.
>

> "SGT Brian Ladley" <SGTBrianLadley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E7950526-9424-410E-95CB-411564FCB3F2@microsoft.com...
> >I have seen spreadsheet with a Page Number watermark that only display on
> >the
> > screen and does not print.  I cannot find anything online or in the Help
> > docs
> > that says how to turn this feature on or off.  I know it's something
> > simple
> > and it really bugs me that I can't figure it out for myself.  Please help.
> >
> > --
> > SGT Brian Ladley
> > U.S. Army
> > Joint Air Defense Operations Center
> > IT Automation NCOIC

Thanks for the feedback!

--

message news:3C7E6EF8-9FDE-4B79-971C-8C24DE665CCF@microsoft.com...
> Thanks.  That's what I was looking for.
> --
> SGT Brian Ladley
> U.S. Army
> Joint Air Defense Operations Center
> IT Automation NCOIC
>

> "Andy B" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Go to View|Normal, as opposewd to View|Page Break Preview
>>
>> --
>> Andy.
>>

>> "SGT Brian Ladley" <SGTBrianLadley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:E7950526-9424-410E-95CB-411564FCB3F2@microsoft.com...
>> >I have seen spreadsheet with a Page Number watermark that only display
>> >on
>> >the
>> > screen and does not print.  I cannot find anything online or in the
>> > Help
>> > docs
>> > that says how to turn this feature on or off.  I know it's something
>> > simple
>> > and it really bugs me that I can't figure it out for myself.  Please
>> > help.
>> >
>> > --
>> > SGT Brian Ladley
>> > U.S. Army
>> > Joint Air Defense Operations Center
>> > IT Automation NCOIC

0
Andy

Open Outlook Configuration page from the command line
What .EXE file do I need to run in order to launch the Outlook configuation page? This is the same page you get if you right-click on the Outlook icon on the desktop and choose properties. Thanks, --David ...

Cash Receipt Number
We are having a problem with users changing the document number on the Cash Receipt window. Is there a way to lock this field down so it cannot be changed? Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, If you are registered for Modifier and VBA, you can add the Cash Receipt Entry window to VBA and add the Receipt Number field to VBA, then add the following code in the Window_BeforeOpen event. Private Sub Window_BeforeOpen(OpenVisible As Boolean) Receipt.Locked = True End Sub Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dyna...

hi all, first time here. i need help in loading a publisher photo (s) into my new web page (yahoo) that only accepts photos in the jpeg format it seems? would appreciate any help. thanks What format are you trying to use? Most if not all Publisher photos are .jpg. Bring the image into a paint program (MS Paint will suffice) and convert it to .jpg. www.irfanview.com is free and a wonderful little viewer that will convert the image. Get the plug-ins too, some formats need them. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "d...

Look & return values, in cells with numbers & words
Hello I have a problem in a table that has words and numbers: ex.-> Puxador 3584.251 Jkf I want that it reads only the 3 last numbers and returns to onother cell the designation: ex.-> Puxador 3584.251 Jkf &( Designation i read and recognize as 251) How can i do this? Thanks in advance Hi If the three numbers you are wanting are always preceeded by the only full stop (period) in the cell you could use: =MID(B10,FIND(".",B10)+1,3) to return them. It really depends on if your cells are uniform in content. -- Andy. "Micos3" <Micos3@discussions.microsoft.co...

full page receipt
when we sell a kit we are creating a 40 col receipt as well as a full page. We reprint the full page invoice for on-Account customers, but we wish to suppress the details of the kit item details included. Can this be done? -- Lasting Impressions This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0164_01C7F007.3FDF13D0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0165_01C7F007.3FDF13D0" ------=_NextPart_001_0165_01C7F007.3FDF13D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ginop, Try thi...

macros on one page
Good morning! I have a workbook with several macros. Ones that I recorded during the same session (without closing) are listed on 1 page with a line separating them. For example macros 1,2 and 3 were all recorded at one time. The file closed then reopened to record macro 4. When you go to edit macro 1, you can see the code for macros 2 and 3 but not 4. Is there a way that macro 4 could be included on the same page as 1 through 3? I am trying to do this so that I can use the edit replace function and update all of the macros at once. Thank you for any help. Have a GREAT day! I...

How to find the number of rows in a named range?
Dear all, I have a named range called "rng" in a worksheet. How can I write a function to count the number of rows in "rng"? It seems that "rng".rows.count does not work. Best Regards, Andy msgbox worksheets("sheet99").range("rng").rows.count if that range is a single area. Andy Chan wrote: > > Dear all, > > I have a named range called "rng" in a worksheet. How can I write a > function to count the number of rows in "rng"? It seems that > "rng".rows.count does not work. > &...

how do i insert a page from a read only pdf document into word
how do i insert a page from a read only pdf document into word without losing reading quality? Word has no ability to handle PDF format documents. The only solutions are to extract the content of the PDF using OCR software such as FineReader or OmniPage, or to insert the first page of the PDF file as an object. (Objects cannot cross page boundaries in Word). If you insert an object it will adapt to the active margins, and as an image this will result in some image impairment. The best you can achieve is to set the layout wrap option of the object to something other than in-line...

Is it possible to print 2 records per page in a mail merge
Hello all, I have a word template with some document properties, how do i instruct access only to print 2 records per page. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200711/1 ...

Diverting every page to another website
I posted this question yesterday but it never appeared so sorry if you're seeing this twice. I've a couple of old websites which I want to close but Google have a few pages that stil show up in the search results and I would like to be able to send any visitor to a more up-to-date website of mine. How can this be done? I use FP 2002. Fred the Ted Two ways I know if! <-- #1. Index.php --> <?php header ('HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently'); header ('Location: http://Your_New_URL_Here.com'); ?> <!-- #2 index.html or index.htm --> ...

How do I add page numbering on a report?
I am so sure that this is very simple, but I can't find an example anywhere and I have tried =Page # of # with and without ().... Please help... Thanks. Sorry ... I just figured it out. I went into expressions - common expressions and found it there. However, it gives me only page 1 of 1. It doesn't create standard page breaks. How would I tell the report to create normal page breaks? "Jen" wrote: > I am so sure that this is very simple, but I can't find an example anywhere > and I have tried =Page # of # with and without ().... > &...

Access 2003 number of records
Hi all, I'm wondering if there's a limit/recommendation in the number of records that it can be inserted in an Access 2003 table before the performance is affected considerably. I know that in Access 200 the limit was around 100,000 records but I'd like to know it for Access 2003. thanks in advance, Marc Soleda Last I new the limit was the file size of the database itself. AFAIK this has not changed from 2GB so if you have tiny records you can have a huge number, with fat records - obviously nowhere near as may. The performance of the database in Access is much the sa...

Setting A Number Equal to Another Number
I was wondering if I could set a cell with one number equal to anothe number in another cell. I am having a hard time trying to explain wha I mean so I try to use an example. For example i have the number .93 in cell B3. I want the number i cell C3 to depend on the number in B3. For example if the number i between .90 and 1 I want the number in C3 to be 4, if the number i between .80 and .90 I want the number in C3 to be 3, and so on. Th number in cell B3 does change, so I want the number in C3 to chang based on the change of B3. Any help is greatly appreciated -- slag01 --------------...

Numbering Lines
Hi all, I've just begun using Microsoft Visual C++ and I'm wondering if I can set it to number the lines in the code editing window so I might find my errors faster. Thanks! -Dshort Just double click on the error message int the build tab of the output window and an editor window will open up the file and move to the correct line. You can also press F4 to cycle through all errors. / Ruben On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 09:13:26 GMT, "Dshort" <doublethink@earthlink.net> wrote: >Hi all, >I've just begun using Microsoft Visual C++ and I'm wondering if I can set...

Page Layout - Page Colour
Word 2010 How do I create a default background colour In earlier versions this was done by Tools>Options>General and selecting the colouyr and this remained the default colour. Am able to open a blue background in Word 2010 but not able to make it the default colour so that it opens in blue automatically. Also Envelops - how can the return address be made the default address The option that you mention was dropped in Office 2007. If you create a template in which you set the background colour to Blue, and save that template, documents that you create from that templ...

How do I customize OutLook ToDay Page
Greetings;-) I would like to know how-to do a customize page with my Inbox and Outbox indicator link, Calendar Information, and To Do list with my background and link to MyMSN. Any Help is greatly appreciated. ...

Show Home Page Address disabled?
Outloog 2007, Vista 64-bit I am trying to activate the Home Page Tabs Show home page by default for this folder. It is disabled and the filed does not allow me to enter a value. Does anyone have a solution that will activate the fields? -- Thanks Phillip J. For what folder? In what version of Outlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "PhillipJ" wrote: > Outloog 2007, Vista 64-bit > > I am trying to ...

Stencil path and Page Size problem with Automation in VC++ 6.0
I am using Visio 2000, with our software to provide automation (using VC++ 6.0) I am facing two problem currently: 1. i want to use my own stencils to be used in drawing for that, i am using function GetStencilPaths() of IVApplication object to retrive current stencil path. this function return CString object, now i am conctenating my stencil path to the same string and using SetStencilPaths() function with this value. this is causing problem in object destruction (CString) and displays a voilation occured message. 2. My second proble is that, my application works fine on those m/c on wh...

count number of entries in cell
Hi, I am trying to count the number of entries in a cell. For eg in cel A15..I have rat,cat,mat,fat....The function should return 4. Is there inbuilt function to do that or what would a macro to do that loo like. Thanks, M -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi are all your entries separatet by a comma. If yes try =LEN(A15)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A15,",",""))+1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > I am trying to count the number of entries in a cell. For eg in cell > A15..I have rat,cat,mat,fat....The function should return 4. Is the...

Repeating Pages
We have created a form in excel for tracking false trips. Is there anyway that when the user gets to the end of the form and presses enter, that excel will then add in page 2, using the form format from page one? Do you consider a "page" as a new worksheet or a printed page from one worksheet? Either way, Excel can do this. Post back with some details of how your Form is setup. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:36:56 -0600, "James" <fake@email.com> wrote: >We have created a form in excel for tracking false trips. >Is there anyway that ...

multiple page sizes
IS it possible to have two different page sizes within the same document. for example...page 1 is 8.5x11, page 2 is 11x17 and page 3 is 8.5x11? I know how to change page size within the document but it changes the page size for EVERY page.... is there a way to limit it to making the change to one page only? Thanks How do you plan to print this document? The only way I can suggest is to setup your publication as 11x17, insert a page. Divide page one into two pages, Arrange, Layout Guides, set your margins, Grid Guides, 2 columns, spacing, 2 times the margin. Adding a center g...

Previewing the pages to be printed from a help topic
HI I need help on the above subject.just to know the number of pages to be printed in order not to be out of paper I have window XP professional it does not work either oe EXCEL2002 and/or WORD200 many thanks in advanc fua fuadalazar@hotmail.com Hi the best idea i have is to print to a PDF document (if you have a PDF printer driver installed). Otherwise not possible with build-in functionality) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany fuad wrote: > HI! > I need help on the above subject.just to know the number of pages to > be printed in order not to be out of paper. I have windo...

count number of sheets in workbook
Is there a way using VBA to count and report the total number o worksheets in another closed workbook. I don't mind briefly opening and closing the workbook to perform th function. I am attaching the workbook in an email and wanted to includ the total number of sheets in the body of the email. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following Option Explicit sub foo() Dim wbk As Workbook Dim count_wks Dim path As String Dim wbk_filename As String 'Initialization Application.ScreenUpdating = False path = "D:\Temp\" 'change this log_fil...

numbering #6
Can someone tell me how to set up excel to make mutiple pages? I have created an invoice and would like it to create multiple pages with new numbers, when it's finished with the 1st, and it has header info like cust name address ect. that I would like to go to the next page when there is a second page. Maybe you can just copy the worksheet. Select that worksheet edit|move or copy sheet ???? Patrick wrote: > > Can someone tell me how to set up excel to make mutiple pages? I have created > an invoice and would like it to create multiple pages with new numbers, when > it...

Problem with Auto-Numbering in MSCRM 4.0
Hi All, Auto-Numbering for Contracts Prefix -- value is user defined Number -- 1001 Suffix -- we can set a length in preview it shows that CNR-01001-XRTYN if i create a Contract its showing like this CNR-1001-XRTYN i want the middle value in (01001)5 digits, but its showing only (1001)4 digit, how can i make it to 5 digits as shown in preview... can any please help me This might not be a good solution. :) But can you have the middlg enumber starting in 10000? then you will have 5 digits for sure. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 4, 3:01=A0am, Kutty <...