Page jumping

I seem to have a glitch on my new worksheet

when I select a drop dowbn cell, or click a check box, or just press enter
my sheet jumps to cells higher up, sometimes foating imagionary cells over
the top of true ones,

Only doing it on this speadsheet, though not old ones
0
Alarmbloke (14)

Page Sorter #4
Is there any way to DARKEN the tint of the page sorter so one can more clearly see what page one is on? I have a 100 page document and the little tiny page icon is barely tinted at all. I almost have to guess what page I'm on. Thanks. You can try changing the contrast of your monitor/screen. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Patti" <Patti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE9F7769-052B-4E60-8244-C5D2B27E5427@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to DARKEN the tint of the pa...

Web Page Preview not working...
I use Office 2000 on two Pc's under Windows 98Se. One works perfect. On the other one when using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and asking for Web Page Preview I receive following message "A World Wide Web browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, is required to use this feature. I tried detect and repair but with no results. I cannot have the preview and still same error message. ...

How do I print 2 publications on one landscape page?
Hi! This may sound really dumb but Im trying to print the same publication twice on one landscape page but everything I try seems to show on a small section of the publication like its the actual item thats too big? please can someone heeeeelp! What version Publisher? In 2003 or 02, page setup, check landscape, type 5.5 width, 8.5 height. Publisher will say it will print two copies per sheet. In 2007 it is more convoluted. In page setup, click Advanced on the right. On the Layout type, select Multiple pages per sheet. Type, 5.5 width, 8.5 height. In the Target sheet size select custom...

combine different half-page sheets onto one
i've been trying to avoid wasting a crapload of paper. basically, i have 25 different half sheet postcards...and for now all i need is one of each. i don't know how to print page 1 and 2 onto one page and make it print correctly. any ideas? I'm assuming they are all in the same file, i.e., 25 pages. You could experiment with the booklet settings utilizing the printer tablet option. Another way, a bit ugly; Print the first 12 - 13, rotate the paper 180� and before printing the remaining 12 - 13 rotate the cards and then run the paper through the printer again. Don Vancouv...

How do I set up an index page that opens other wkshts?
Hi there! I need to set up an index page that will open other pages when a button is selected. How do I create this?? One way: Open the index sheet, record a macro when you select another sheet or open another workbook, Put a command button from the forms toolbar on your index sheet (view>toolbars>form), drag a command button to where you want it, when you release the mouse up pops a window where you can select your recorded macro -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Amie" <Amie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E78E9610-AF9E-41AA-9526-DA6278D4668B@microsof...

when page full typing at bottom of screen, how do I move that?
When I type and the screen is full, then I end up always typing at the bottom of the screen. I would really like it to stay in the center of the window(screen) if possible. On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:43:01 -0800, catsnm <catsnm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I type and the screen is full, then I end up always typing at the bottom >of the screen. I would really like it to stay in the center of the >window(screen) if possible. Sorry, Word doesn't have any setting to make that happen. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http...

Dragging a Page field
DEar all, I'm using office xp. In a pivot table with OLAP datasource, i have >10 dimensions placed in the Page area. When i drag and drop a page field(a dimension) to the row area, someother dimension is getting dropped. For eg if i drag a Employee dimension , Employee gender is getting dropped and dont see a pattern in this. meaning every time someother field is dropped. Has anyone faced the same problem. Please can anyone suggest a solution. Thanks in advance. Charu ...

#name? error after saving excel spreadsheet as web page
I have written an excel spreadsheet that takes advantage of a fair number of excel functions. When I save as a web page with interactivity, I am getting #name? errors from a number of the functions in the spreadsheet (including if statements and lookups). I am using Excel 2002 on Windows XP with IE 6.0. Any suggestions on how to fix this? ...

page setup
I manage a network of 80 Macs and I've upgraded 4 workstations to OSX. Everything works fine , but printing from Office. From Excel and Word: �Printing to a Canon CLC 1140 with a Fiery Rip gives an error on the printer screen : please insert LTR-R paper , even though I've picked the correct (Letter) paper in the page setup. �Printing to an HP LaserJet5000 gives 0079 FE error on the printer screen. I'm setting the page set up for the correct printer (not Any printer) saving the documnet. When reopening the document the page setup is still correct , but it wants to print on the ...

How do I not print a title in the last page in Excel?
Hi Titles (selected rows) are printed in every page in Excel once selected. Can I omit the printing for the last page? Thanks! Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header "John" wrote: > Hi > > Titles (selected rows) are printed in every page in Excel once selected. > Can I omit the printing for the last page? Thanks! Mine is a title i.e. selected row, not a Header. Does it still work? Other qn is: what do I do with the script shown - sorry, inept in that area. "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm...

Is there a shortcut to skip down the page in a large worksheet?
My worksheet is 2790 lines deep and I need to be able to skip down to certain areas. I bought the Excel 2002 Bible by John Walkenbach and don't find it there yet. Maybe I don't know the right question. The first column is account numbers but I didn't really want to name each cell to be able to find the cell that way - there are many account numbers. So I just arrow down and watch the number fly by and when I'm about there...you get the picture.... Is there a better way? Thanks 1) You can hit F5 and enter an exact cell to skip to. 2) You can do an Edit->Find to skip ...

How do I combine two Access Reports to print on one page
Hi, I work for a steel company. Material is purchased to a size and grade. There are common sizes, meaning that I can buy from several sources and several customer can use. A user can enter a size and grade and get a report showing all open purchase orders with a summary. The same can be for open sales orders with a summary. Some orders are for a single shipment while others can be fore several due throughout the year. Sales and Purchasing would like a report that shows both together so they can do forecasting for purchasing. Is there a way to do this in Access? Do I need to use Wo...

BUG REPORT: prints, but doesn't display, suppressed 1st page H/F's
I have a four-page book-layout document, which therefore prints on two sides of one piece of paper, which I then fold in half. It has one two-page master with facing headers and footers, and two sections, the second beginning on page 4, the last page. In both sections I have UNchecked the box saying "Show headers and footers in the first page", because the first page is the front cover, and the fourth page is the back cover. When I click the four page icons in the lower left, the screen correctly shows page 1 without H/F's, then pages 2-3 with properly facing H/Fs, then...

Welcome Page
I read on here where someone created a welcome page for their database. Any tips on how to do this? I liked the idea and I think if I put in there a picture like the switchbox for easy navigation it would be very helpful for the people that are going to use the database. The folks using it will be searching for info only and will not have the capibility to change data. That is if I can figure that out. But that step is still in the future as I don't want to lock down the database until I have all the major pieces in place and functional. Thanks so much. -- Bandit There are ...

line on left of page
We have been working on Word 2008 and there is a line down most of the pages on the left in Markup mode. But it isn't there when you are not in Markup mode. The line is also right next to the tables unless you move the tables then it is on the left. If you say to center the table, the line moves with the table to the center and stays on the left of the table. What is that line? Thanks, Tom Chances are it is "legal black-lining", a function of Track Changes. See the Word Help topic "Collaborate effectively with Track Changes" Hope th...

Margin is out of page when open using Excel 2003
All my excel file which saved on Excel XP are out of order when open using Excel 2003. Please advise! ...

IE7 the web page you are viewing is trying to close yes or no
Can you tell me how to dis-able this annoying script pop up that has the following in windows xp sp3 ie7 The web page you are viewing is trying to close yes or no ???? No. Please see this page http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm then post back to this thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you properly. The webpage you are viewing is trying to wrote: > Can you tell me how to dis-able this annoying script pop up that has the > following > in windows xp sp3 ie7 The web page you are viewing is trying to close yes > or > no ???? ...

Pages in a Form
Hi there I would like to create a form that instead of one long continuous form, there would be section breaks at logical intervals. How do I go about in creating this? Thanks Having forms that are longer than one screen, even using Page Breaks, IMHO is one of the most user-unfriendly things you can do! You're far better off to use Tabbed Control Pages. The data can be devided into logical groupings and there's no scrolling forever to find a given item. Here's a quick little tutorial I give people on the use of Tabbed Pages. It addresses some of the common probl...

Wrap cells from one column across the page? for printing list
one long list of data in column - eg 45000 rows Wrap the list across the page to reduce pages for printing eg from A53 wrap remainder of list to B1 the C1 and so on See: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm Hope this helps Rowan Trudy - TSC wrote: > one long list of data in column - eg 45000 rows > Wrap the list across the page to reduce pages for printing > eg from A53 wrap remainder of list to B1 the C1 and so on Have you thought of bringing the data into MSWord. You can use format|columns and make it look nice. Trudy - TSC wrote: > > one long list of ...

template + page numbers
I have a template with a cell reserved for the page number. I need to print the template 200 times with the page number incrementing for each page printed. In other words, the first page printed to read 1, second page 2, the third 3, etc. How can I get this cell to increment 1 for each page printed. Thank you in advance. You could use the workbook_beforeprint() event to increment the cell Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value + 1 End Sub See ...

http page not found
hi, when i try to open any of the crm folders in my outlook i recive the HTTP 404 pag is not found. can somebody help me? hi again, yes i can ping my CRM server and yes if on the server open browser en type local host i see the crm web site. i have this problem when i try to open any of the crm folders from outlook en i see this error that http 404 page can not be find. any help would be really welcom. thanx "shahin" wrote: > hi, > > when i try to open any of the crm folders in my outlook i > recive the HTTP 404 pag is not found. > > can somebody help ...

How do I save the Page Setup settings for letterhead usage?
I have new company letterhead and have worked hard to set top, left, bottom and right margins. How do I save those in Word 2003 so that if I'm printing on this letterhead in future, I can just call up the format and create the document without typing in all the measurements? Save it as a template; see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "NowWow" <NowWow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D892886-B419-4784-...

Change margin on one page not all
I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but the margins crop some of them off. When I try to change the margins on one page it changes them all. Can anyone offer advise on what to do. I only want to change the margins on the one page. You will need to have a separate section to accomplish what you wish, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/workwithsectionscontent.htm for further information. Hope this helps DeanH "firefiten" wrote: > I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but >...

worksheet skipped in page numbering
I have an Excel document with 10 worksheets (tabs). I went to set up footers and my options from the drop down were page 1 for first tab, page 2 for second tab, etc. until I got to the 5th tab and it went back to page 1. Tab 6 gives me dropdown options for page 5 - in short, it is like it skipped a worksheet and will only number that sheet as an indpendent one, and calls it page 1. Any ideas as to why it doesn't recognize a worksheet? -- Zach ...