Page Headers

How do I do different headers for different pages within the same worksheet?

Separate print jobs for each page.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 13:56:01 -0800, Nonnie
<Nonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I do different headers for different pages within the same worksheet?

0
Gord

How do I print the first row on every page?
I'm trying to print out a multiple page document with the same two rows on each page. How do I do this? Go to File | Page Setup and click on the Sheet tab. Click in the box for Rows to Repeat at Top & then select the row headers for the 2 rows you want. Check it out by clicking the Print Preview button. Click on OK to confirm "Lynne" wrote: > I'm trying to print out a multiple page document with the same two rows on > each page. How do I do this? ...

Entourage Error Dialog= "Can't get headers..."?
When opening up the application Entourage, a dialog box pops up with the warning: "Microsoft Entoruage got an error: Can't get headers of incoming message id 37384." The error number changes, varriants: 37395, 37386 What is this about? I've serched Microsoft.com but got zero. nb On 6/8/04 11:47 AM, in article 212c9940.0406081047.fa2df8e@posting.google.com, "neon_bikini" <neon_bikini@hotmail.com> wrote: > When opening up the application Entourage, a dialog box pops up with > the warning: "Microsoft Entoruage got an error: Can't get headers of ...

how do i insert a background on one page only?
HOW DO I INSERT A BACKGROUND COLOR ON ONE PAGE ONLY? What version Publisher are you using? In 2002-03, format, background. The background will be on one page only. If you are using older versions, don't put the background on the "Background Page", insert it on the publication page. Draw a rectangle to fit your page, fill, fill effects...send it to the back. Or, insert, picture, new drawing, expand the canvas to fit your page, draw a rectangle to fit, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to the picture you want on the background. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...

Excel not displaying Page Breaks
When selecting VIEW / page break, the spreadsheet background turns solid grey and no page numbers/breaks are displayed. Ricky, Is there anything in any cells? -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "rickv9@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03e901c39d90$025963d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When selecting VIEW / page break, the spreadsheet > background turns solid grey and no page numbers/breaks are > displayed. this spreadsheet was created in December 2002, and ha...

Downloading Header when Opening a News Account
Is there way to make Live Mail download headers for each group within the account when selecting the account rather than having to open each newsgroup? Thank you. You need to Right click on each newsgroup and change the Synchronization settings. Then you can Synch the account. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Jack Gillis" <XXXXXXXXXXXXX@widomaker.com> wrote in message news:eyNCTqH7KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there way to make Live Mail download headers for each group within > the account when selecting the account rather t...

One-time set of text boxes UNDER page header?
Access 2003, XP SP 2 I have a report, grouped by alphabet. I need one set of instructions BELOW the page header, on the first page only. Same for end of report. Like this: {Page Header} [One-time text on first page only] {Group Header} [Detail] [One-time text on last page only] {Page Footer} I tried using {Report Header}, but it prints the Rpt Header first, then the Page Header and I need it reversed. Any suggestions? Perhaps you can add another group. Set its field/expression to = 1 Set to have a group header and a group footer and include the one time text in the group heade...

Publishing the web page
I did see few articles about this, however when i say publish to the web it is trying to save on my computer itself, so what is wrong how do I change this? Thanks ...

Printing web page
I realize that some web sites may have a protection against printing content and I am not sure how to tell. However, I was trying to print a chart from an internet banking site and I was only able to print the header to the website but I was unable to print the chart. Any ideas? I am using IE8. (I often come across websites that only print blank pages-is it just a security setting from the website or is there a setting I need to change in my browser?) -- meyersroman Right Click with mouse over the chart and see what the options are. Frank "meyersroman" <...

Page numbering #16
I want to use Roman numerals for numbering the pages of the first section of my publication. Can I do it with Publisher 2003? Go to the first page. From the Insert menu click Section and choose the number format you want. -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash. ...

How do I copy a page from Publisher into a Powerpoint Slide?
I have a page in Publisher 2007 that I am trying to copy onto a slide in Powerpoint 2007 and when it pastes on a slide it is all unreadable. The easiest way I have found to do this in previous versions of Publisher & PowerPoint (I don't have Publisher '07 but do have PPT '07) is to SaveAs the publisher file as a JPG file and insert that picture file into the PowerPoint slide. Works pretty good for display purposes and printing of handouts. Of course make sure you save the Publisher file in it's native format also for later changes. "clarcam" <clar...

Blank page between two sub reports
I have this issue of showing blank page between two sub reports. I have two sub reports in the report footer and if the first sub report does not have any data it shows a blank page and then the shows the data in the next sub report. Here is how it is setup SubReport1 ...... Page break SubReport2 I do not want to take out the page break since i want the SubReport2 data to be shown on a new and seperate page. Please let me know if there is any VBA codes that can solve my problem. Thanks Moe On Jan 10, 11:38=A0am, FA <October.Ap...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have this issue of showing...

Page Numbers in a Newsletter
Hi, I am new to Publisher and my first project was to create a newsletter. I chose one of the existing publication designs, but now I can't modify it as I want to. Specifically, the page numbers keep re-justifying themselves. Can anyone help? It's driving me NUTS! Cheers, Jean Delete the existing Text Frames and make new Text Frames and insert Page Numbers. Remember, there is a thing called a HELP file!!! - USE IT -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000...

excel and internet pages
Aside from ebay, I need to be able to copy and paste data, including pictures, from many diiferent web pages all into one excel db. But pictures, even if inserted as objects are unstable. And text doesn't want to go into a cell without screwing up the formatting of the entire db, even if I copy/paste it into a text edito first to clear away the hypertext tags. Has anyone succeeded in doing this? Thanks If you can see what you require on screen, then you could use the PrtScrn button, and then Paste into Paint, trim and save as a file. Then, in Excel, Insert, Picture - from File. This s...

Headers Footers
Can the left - center - right sections be removed to make just one area right across the page ? sidcliffe Hi, No, but you anything you enter in the left header or footer will extend across the center and right header and footer if it needs to. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "kgm" wrote: > Can the left - center - right sections be removed to make just one area > right across the page ? > > sidcliffe > ...

How can I expose the actual column & row headers in excel?
We have a timesheet program an employee created for our company. She hid all the formulas and calculations. I have unprotected the sheet and am trying to adjust the code but the acutal headers are hidden and I cannot highlight them to unhide them. (ex: the actual column headers, ABCD, ets & the row headers, 123) Juanita Wrote: > We have a timesheet program an employee created for our company. She > hid all > the formulas and calculations. I have unprotected the sheet and am > trying to > adjust the code but the acutal headers are hidden and I cannot > highlight...

Can a header & footer be copied to a new file?
Any help on the aforementioned would be much appreciated! Thanks :) Sheet1 in Book1.xls has a header and foooter Book2 is also open Using Windows/Arrange in XL2003 or View | Arrange All in XL2007, the two files are tiled so both can ve seen Holding down CTRL, I drag the Sheet1 tab of Book1 to the sheet tab area of Book2 If Book2 already had a Sheet1, it now has Sheet1(2) The new sheet in Book2 has the same header & footer as that in Sheet1 of Book1 But if you are goint to do this weekly, a VBA subrountine would be neater best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://peo...

Outlook 2003 sharing with wife, can I arrange so messages sent with different header addresses?
M <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Ask your question in the body of your message, not the subject. Use Rules to separate the mail sent to the two different recipients or use a separate profile for each user. It dfepends on whether or not you want to share Personal Folders. -- Brian Tillman ...

Publisher Template page??? help
Okay I'm working in Publisher 2003 with a document that somebody else created. Whenever I go to "Insert page... " (by right clicking on the pages tabs at the bottom) and everytime I do I get a "Newsletter Pages" window asking me what kind of Page I want to insert. I have the options of selecting story, order form calender, etc and each option comes up with a different layout for the page. I can tell they are custom because each page has information specific to this company. My question is how to I modify (edit) these pages? They seem to be templates but only fo...

Refreshing filter on subforms on pages
I have a search form with 2 pages and 2 subforms. When I set the filter it does not work unless I click on the page or hit the search twice. I put a msg in the code and it shows the filter being set. I tried to do a requiry on the subforms but got the same results. Below is a portion of the code. Me.sbfrmTownCalls.Form.Filter = strWhereC Me.sbfrmTownIssues.Form.Filter = strWhereI Me.sbfrmTownCalls.Form.FilterOn = True Me.sbfrmTownIssues.Form.FilterOn = True MsgBox "Filter Set" 'DoCmd.Requery...

Colour of font in header/footer
Is it possible to have coloured fonts in header/footer ? Thanks in advance, GDC GDC, You can't change the font color in the header, have a look here for possible work around Headings for Columns, and Page Numbering http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/headcols.htm Logos and Graphics into headers/footers http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/logoshd.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Gilbert De Ceu...

Positioning Page Numbers
We are trying to print page numbers in the upper right hand corner of the page. The Excel charts will be included as part of a Word report so we want the page setups to look the same. In Excel we cannot find a way to move the page numbers even with the margin of the page as they are in Word. I can do this with numbers on the left hand side of the page by inserting spaces before the number in the set up box, but I cannot find a way to move the page numbers in from the right hand side. Any ideas? seems so simple, but...... Kathy the only way I can think of that gets close is as...

Where did tips and tricks page go?
There was a page I once found which was titled Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server Tips and Tricks I am at least 98% sure that the URL was : http://www.microsoft.com.... technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/exchange55/tips/default.asp I am able to find a page that has the exact same document in a word doc but I want the web page, This seems to have entirely disappeared from the web as google searches as well as entering the URL directly sends me to a different page, anyone have any Idea where it got to as this page had killer info and was written very well with pret...

Exclude Header from Range?
Hi, can I exclude a header from a range in an equation, i.e.: "C:D" to exclude 5 rows from the top? Thanks Hi Depends what you are trying to do. You could have =SUM(C:D)-SUM(C1:D5) for example. -- Regards Roger Govier "nastech" <nastech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F8FBB8F-8978-42CE-8797-1809B8CA39C9@microsoft.com... > Hi, can I exclude a header from a range in an equation, i.e.: "C:D" to > exclude 5 rows from the top? Thanks =SUM(c6:d65000) or equilavant equation "nastech" wrote: > Hi, can I exclude ...

Where to Hide Page in Tab Control
I have a Form, which has a tab control on it. When I open the Form, I want to hide a page in the tab control, based on some other conditions. During the Form Load event, I check for the condition and then try to hide the specific page. I get an error that the tab control object is closed or doesn't exist. What event would be the appropriate place to put this check and hide the page? Thanks, Steve "Steve Haack" <SteveHaack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EFF5F65-41C6-4D7F-992B-42C51B827E3C@microsoft.com... >I have a Form, which has a...

How to use paswords for 2nd and 3rd page
hello,. On my church membership forms I created a tab control 1. 1st page is a general information of the members 2. 2nd and 3rd page is a confidential info of a member My question is, since the database will be used by many departments in my database, how can I make that every time they click the 2nd and 3rd tabs, they asked for the pasword. Or is there any way that htis 2 tabs can be visible to only chruch clerck and church elder. Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 19:16:00 -0800, Frank Situmorang <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote: >hello,. > >...