Page Formatting

In Excel, is there a way to format all of the pages within a workbook the
same without having to each sheet individually?
0
Hoey (1)

If you group the sheets (I assume you mean sheets when you say pages) by
clicking the first sheet tab, hold down shift and click the last sheet tab,
do your formatting and then right click one sheet tab and select ungroup

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Sarah Hoey" wrote:

> In Excel, is there a way to format all of the pages within a workbook the
> same without having to each sheet individually?
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
12/28/2004 3:05:04 PM
Thank you - that will save time!

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> If you group the sheets (I assume you mean sheets when you say pages) by
> clicking the first sheet tab, hold down shift and click the last sheet tab,
> do your formatting and then right click one sheet tab and select ungroup
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Sarah Hoey" wrote:
>
> > In Excel, is there a way to format all of the pages within a workbook the
> > same without having to each sheet individually?
0
SarahHoey (1)

flip a sheet format
Hi, I am looking for a solution where I could change the table in a different format. Any office product solution, Excel or Access or any other tool could be used where the process can be automated (macro, SQL query, etc) I have this table: T1 App1, App2, App3 T2 App4, App5 T3 App6, App7, App8 I want to create this table of the previous table: App1 T1 App2 T1 App3 T1 App4 T2 App5 T2 App6 T3 App7 T3 App8 T3 Thank you for any help Hi The following code should do what you want. Sub ChangeLayout() Dim i As Long, j As Long, k As Long, lr As Long, lc As Long Dim wss As...

Excel 2007 How To Add New Number Formats to Styles
The Styles Functional Group in the Home Tab contains the following Style choices Custom Good Bad Neutral Data Model Titles and Headings Number Format When I created a new style it went into the Custom category but I'd like to move it to the Number Format choice. How can I add a new Style to a specific section of the Style functional group? Thanks for reading and for any help you provide. Regards (8^>)-]=[ ...

Text Box showing up on all pages
Publisher 2007 - I am trying to add a text box to one page, but it shows up on all pages. Never had this happen before. Did I set something wrong somewhere? When you inserted the pages did you click the *Create one text box on each page*? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Text Box showing up on all pages" <Text Box showing up on all pages@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3511CD3C-E5A2-4D85-BCB3-325C1212CEFB@microsoft.com... > Publisher 2007 - I am trying to add a text box to one page, but it shows up > on all pages. Never had this happen befo...

Can't get dates to format corrrectly.
Hi, I ran a MS-Access query to pull in some data from our database and one of the date fields has the data formatted as either MM/DD/YYYY or YYYY-MM-DD. I want to change the data on the Excel sheet so that all rows display this date as MM/DD/YYYY. I tried to obvious of selecting the entire column and setting the format to just that date format but still those dates remain formatted as YYYY-MM-DD. When the data came into Excel it was set to a general format for that particular column. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this? You might try this: go to any blank cell off to the side an...

Multiple-Test Conditional Formatting
Hi, everyone! I have a spreadsheet in which one column (B) contains an item "type", e.g. "C" or "H". In another column (G), I put a "required" sub-item. I am trying to conditionally format the cell in column G to do the following: If Col B = "C" and Col G is blank, make background of Col G red; Otherwise, make background of Col G normal. Using normal CF, I can make G's background red if Col B = "C" (formula is), or I can make it red if Col G is blank (cell value is), but can't seem to find the trick of combinin...

bulk mail code page
Hallo, when I try to bulk e-mail my customer, CRM 4 generate datas for MS word. But this data are in bad codepage (I use Czech version of CRM 4). I have info, that there is somu patch, but just in "some partners test phase". I need to send some newsletters... Anyone can help???? Thanks ¨ Michal Verner ...

macro to find date format in a cell and delete that entire row
macro to find date format in a cell and delete that entire row i have dates in a column and date keeps changing, i want that if macro find date in a column , it deletes that entire row help me thank u so much everyone for ue hel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try Sub deletedate() For Each c In Selection If IsDate(c) Then c.EntireRow.Delete Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "vikram >" <<vikram.15ix9t@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.15ix9t@excelforum-nospam.com... > macro to find date format in a ...

how do I make the first three rows repeat on top of every page?
I am using Excel 2002 and have documents with 9 colums wide and 100 to 200 rows long. I am printing in landscape mode on letter size paper. I want the first three rows of the very first page to repeat at the top of each new page that gets printed. So every time there is a page break it will re-insert the top three rows before continuing with the row sequence? Ok,,, so I am a newbe :o) Thanks for any help. StardustDave. Hi Dave Have a look at Page Setup/Sheet/Rows to repeat box HTH Michael "StardustDave" wrote: > I am using Excel 2002 and have documents with 9 colums wide...

Prevent format change caused by pasting. (office '97)
Every time I paste something that was from an website (even if only one word) the column extends as far right as it allows. I found out that I can change the format (under paste special) back to text to fix this. Is there a way to prevent excel for changing format? I want it to default as text format and not change format unless I change it myself. Also is there a way to keep the text at one font and one text size, so that if I paste something that had a different size or font it would change to the size and font that I have set for my document (I want to know how to do this in Word as well.)...

Calculating page/report sums using calculated data from subquery
Here is a scenario from my report: The report will grab data with a main query into a parent row Depending on the data, a child row may exist, if it does the report will display it The child row will use data from the parent row in order to do a calculation in the child All of this works just fine and the report data is correct. Now, what I am having issues with is doing the page/report sum calculations. The requirements dictate that I need to create a sum of both the parent column and also the child column in the totals. I have been trying to do this all day and cannot see...

How do I center my web page in publisher
I created a web page in publisher but it puts it to the right of the screen. How can I center it so it will show up in the center of the screen. Philip Philip wrote: > I created a web page in publisher but it puts it to the > right of the screen. How can I center it so it will show > up in the center of the screen. > > Philip RIght - you sure? All Publisher sites align to the left. And in answer to your question, TTBOMK you can't. Though I'm sure Davd B will tell you otherwise. www.davidbartosik.com/faq.htm -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: ww...

Printing a report to fit on one page
How do I do this PLEASE. It keeps wanting to fit it onto 4 pages, regardless of how much I shrink the size of the report. How do I copy the MS word "fit to one page" function?? -- Thanks! mass I haven't tried this with Money yet, but I usually set my print driver to "fit-to-page" when I experience a program that doesn't seem to allow that function on its own. "mass" wrote: > How do I do this PLEASE. It keeps wanting to fit it onto 4 pages, regardless > of how much I shrink the size of the report. How do I copy the MS word "fit &...

Email
I use Word as my email format. How do I display the horizontal ruler on a new email message I'm trying to send? ...

Limited Access Pages
Is it possible to create web pages in Publisher that have a limited access group, i.e. that certain viewers cannot see? Just guessing here, don't post a hyperlink to the page. Give the URL to the folks you want to see it. These type questions are best asked in the web design group, the below will setup the Microsoft newsgroups in your newsreader. news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sheerhell" <Sheerhell@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

HITB Reset Tool Data Integrity has 38 pages of errors
I ran the inventory reconcile in the reset tool, then the data integrity and have 38 pages of error "open layer exists in purchase receipts table where valuation method not stamped." I checked one of the items in the IV10200 table and see that there is a 0 value for some of the records. How could an item have NO valuation method for a few records? This is a required field. The dates of these few records falls in the middle of the other data that has values. We've never changed our valuation methods, so is it safe to set these zeros to 1 to match our item card (ie FIF...

Delete Pages in Publisher 2003
Is there a way to delete many pages at once (More than 2) from a Publisher Doc? This solution was posted by eezzell. I delete multiple pages using a macro First, make a copy of your publisher document. Then, in your copy, create a macro with a name like deletepages. For example to delete pages 10 to 40 you would run this macro: Sub deletepages() Dim firstpage, lastpage As Long firstpage = 10 lastpage = 40 For i = firstpage To lastpage ThisDocument.Pages.Item(firstpage).Delete Next End Sub The first time I tried this, I used the line ThisDocument.Pages.Item(i).Delete forgetting that after a...

conditional formatting for more than 3 conditions
Hi, Is there any solution for the following : I have six type of conditions, if any condition is met, cell colour should be yellow. For example, if cell value is any one of the following : DATA1 DATA2 DATA3 DATA4 DATA5 DATA6 All cells containing above should show yellow colour in the file. Please help. Thanks, Jai formula is =or(c1="data1",c1="data2",etc) or =or(c1={"data1","data2"}) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Jai" <Jai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Using ajaxToolkit:AnimationExtender in a content page
In Default.aspx I want to move a Table that is in the .Master file. I tried the following even though I didn't expect it to work; and it didn't. <%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/Main.master" %> <asp:Content ID="Content0" ContentPlaceHolderID="TopImageCPH" runat="Server"> <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"/> <ajaxToolkit:AnimationExtender ID="AnimationExtender1" runat="server" TargetControlID="Master.TableTop"> <Animations> <...

React on page deletion
Hi all, my drawings contain a table of contents. I would like to automatically update this table of contents in case the user deletes a page. Can anybody show me how I detect that the user deleted a page (perhaps with some example code)? My trials failed ... Thank you in advance. Regards, Michi ...

NAND Flash Formatting speed : WinCE 5.0 vs WinCE 6.0
Hello, I have a target device with a 256MB Nand Flash. I have both Windows CE 5.0 and Windows CE 6.0 R3 for this target device. I have observed that If I format the 256 MB NAND Flash in Windows CE 5.0 by Storage Manager, it takes about 10 minutes. If I format the NAND Flash in Windows CE 6.0 R3 it takes about 10 seconds (or less). Why ? The NAND FMD Driver is the same. I can debug the Windows CE 6.0 FAL because there are the source files but I can't debug it in Windows CE 5.0. There are some improvements in Windows CE 6.0 FAL ? Thanks, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedde...

Multiple selection in the page area of a pivot table
Is there any way i can have multiple selection check boxes in the page area of a pivot table? ...

Custom Autonumber Conditional Formatting
To, The EXPERTS, ( Access Dept.) I am New to access but have managed to make a database for my patients records , my trouble is the Registration Number of the Patient,( a cloumn in my database). i want it to generate the unique ID just llike AUTONUMBER, with the format i need that should be like YYMMnn( YY= present year,MM= present month and nn = numbers 01 to 99, with reset to 01 at the start of the next month)the event to trigger the event is SAVE Form button. please can anybody help? Thanking you in advance To, Mr.Klatuu Thanks for your Promt help... I will try to put this into use i...

conditional formating for a blank cell
i'm trying to do the following conditional formatting: if the date in the cell is less than TODAY(), make the cell red. if the cell is blank, leave the cell blank with white shading. i've tried the following: cell value is equal to ="" cell value is equal to "" formula is =AND(E8="",E8<TODAY()) and some others that i can't remember at the moment. i've searched this forum and tried all the ideas i could find. anyone have any other ideas? =E8<TODAY() HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >i'm trying to do the follo...

how do i use format cells to alpha / numeric values
HAVE A STRING OF DATA i WANT TO ENTER into a cell, but I also want to set format to set the values. eg. if I put in asd123 I want it to appear as ASD123 but there are also occasions when I will put in a different mix of letters/numbers a12s3d, which I also want to come out as A12S3D. I can do this in Access but cant seem to crack the code in excel. Please help. Try =UPPER(E2) HTH Regards, Howard "Samvid69" <Samvid69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:701E3143-A79D-4FDE-8661-325795CE50F0@microsoft.com... > HAVE A STRING OF DATA i WANT T...

change custom format number to text
i have a long colum of custom formated dates i need to change them into text in order to prosses them -the custom format is dd/mm/yyyy h:mm the cell reads 01/09/2005 9:30 the number that shows up is 38596.39583 when i try to convert the format to standard text. is there a function that will do this for me? Just add an apostrophy in front of the date. Be sure to do it in the formula bar. So if you see 9/16/2005 make it '9/16/2005 -- Gary''s Student "joey" wrote: > i have a long colum of custom formated dates i need to change them into text > in order to p...