Overlapping of values in different tables.

I am wondering if there is a way to create a pivot table - or some other way
- that will show the relationships of rows between tables.  I have attached
data from potentially 4 different tables and the business is wanting to see
the number of times that a paticular ID shows up in different table join
combinations.  For example, we want to know the count of unique IDs will show
in the NPS, AAC and ECM tables.  Is it possible to create a pivot table that
will dynamically adjust based on a user choosing the column combinations that
they want to see without having to create a separate pivot table for each?

1        2         3          4
ID      ID        ID        ID
133    123     133      142
123    124     123      124
142    125     143
         133     142

Thanks.

0
JS1 (36)

propagate changes through different folders
I'm sure this is a dumb question but I can't seem to find any data on the newsgroup although it must be a common query. I have all my contacts in my contact folder (as that is what syncs to my pda). I also have a lot of subfolders containing one or more of the coats. If I change a contact in the contatcs folder is there a way toi have it search out and update all the same contact records in different folders? I also use plaxo and think that maybe this has a facility to sort the problem but am not sure. If it's not possible to configure it then can I write a bit of code and ...

Summing on 3 different values
I want to sum a text box on 3 different values on a form. The values are 1,2,3. Each sum will go into one of three seperate text boxes How can I say to access '=Sum([Progress])', but only on 1s, and only on 2s and on 3s. instead of all numbers combined, which is what I get at present. Hi Eric, here is the first equation for a ControlSource: =Sum(IIF(nz([Progress])=1,1,0)) I'll leave it up to you to do the others <smile> Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training http://MSAccessGurus.com free video tutorials http://www.YouTube.com/user/...

Pivot Chart/Tables & Userform
Hi I would like to check whether is it possible to link a pivot chart/table to a listbox/combo box in a userform...? For eg, say if i choose a company, ABC and engineer, BCD, in the listbox for company & engineer, the pivot chart will then only show data belonging to ABC and BCD... Is this possible...? Cheers --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Pivot Table Formatting #9
After creating a pivot table that shows a summary like this below: john sum of calls 45 sum of contacts 5 sum of sales 3 Mary sum of calls 30 sum of contacts 4 sum of sales 2 .... How do I reformat or reconfigure the pivot table so is looks like a traditional column report: Sum of calls Sum of Contacts Sum of sales John 45 5 3 Mary 30 4 2 Thanks! Scott Take a look at Debra D...

copying a whole record from one table to another
have a form that allows users to search a Read Only database. I have a make table query that pulls data from this databae and puts it into a table in access. When a new record shows up in the linked database, the user will be able to search for it through my form, and what i would like to be able to do is, have a button that would allow the user to automatically import the new record into a different table based on the Manager who entered the new record. to simplify users pulls up the new record added to the linked database and needs to update the access database i would like a button ...

help on vba macro to put multiple charts on multiple worksheets based on table in each worksheet
I have a 26 workbooks with about 100 worksheets for tracking stocks. It is in the form of a table. It has date, open, low, high, close volume, and adjusted close for the headers. Each worksheet is named after the stock ticker name such as ATT. I am trying to create a macro which will go through each sheet from a list in column C of a sheet called Insurt and create 3 charts on each sheet. One with the prices and dates excluding the volume for the entire table, approximately 1500 rows. The second chart is for 250 rows, approximately 1 year, and the third chart is for 50 rows, approximately 3 mon...

"joining tables"
hi guys im looking to effectively create a join function similar to access fo a work project. the reason why im not doing it in access is because w dont have licences for that part of office. i have to spreadsheets, with 1 corresponding column between the two. need to create a new spreadsheet joining the two spreadsheets on tha corresponding column. i hope the example below makes sense....: -| A |--| B |--| C |- ====== -| D |--| B |--| E |--| F |- =================================== -| a |--| 1 |--| e |- ====== -| x |--| 2 |--| i |--| s |- -| p |--| 2 |--| d |- ====== -| g |--| 3 |--| f |...

Can I link Word files to an Access table?
We're going to use Access for reporting purposes, and one of the things we need to do as part of that reporting is to maintain management approvals (always in a Notes or Word file). Is it possible to add Notes or Word attachments into an Access table record (with the understanding that each record will have to have several of these approvals)? If not, is there a way to link files to a particular record?Many thanks for whatever advice you can offer....

updating pivot tables excel 2007
Hi, When I have more then one pivottable in excel 2007, is it posibble to refresh them separately? Can I create a pivot table based on another duplicate of the excel table? Thanks Tom On May 26, 1:26=A0am, tom forel <Tomvander...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > When I have more then one pivottable in excel 2007, is it posibble to > refresh them separately? > Can I =A0create a pivot table based on another duplicate of the excel > table? > > Thanks > > Tom Tom, When you right click on the Pivot Table and selecting 'Refresh Data' this refreshes only ...

Sync two tables

Show value, not formula in formula bar
We have a client that does not want to see the formula in the formula bar. I decided to protect the excel report and hide all formulas, but that is not good enough. They still want to be able to see the value in the formula bar. Anyone have any idea how this can be done? How about selecting the entire sheet and convert all formulas to values ? If this is palatable, .. : Press Ctrl+A to select entire sheet, then Right-click > Copy Right-click > Paste special > Values > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Deroc...

text value
I need to rank a column containing concatonated names and addresses. Ranking only handles numeric values, is there any way to give text a numeric value? Hi, It would have helped to see some test data but let's start from here. With your data in column A starting in A2 enter this in b2 and drag down =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$100,"<"&A2)+1 -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "AllyH" wrote: > I need to rank a colum...

Locking a cell's format, but not value
Hello, I did some searches and although I found some other threads discussing this, I found no working solution. I suspect what I want cannot be done, but I am asking anyway in case there is a solution that was missed or perhaps a method became available in later versions of Excel or via patches. I would like to lock or freeze the format of a cell, so that a user can copy a value from another cell to it, without the format also being copied. I realize this can be done with 'Paste Special', but I find that method too cumbersome to expect my users to use. I am using Excel 2003 (11.61...

I need to link 4 pivot tables that are on a single page.
I have the tables all set and their labels are in place and I have the box ready with the reference to the list of years - which is the common value in the tables. However, when I opened this workbook for the first time in a couple of years, the code that made the box work is missing. Right now, I am brain dead on how I did this, but am certain that it was a tip from either DataPig or Contextures. After looking at both of them, I am just as lost. Does anyone do this? I am not a VBA person and am only really good at Excel - NOT great! -- TheTraveler The code is missing...

Len([field])<9 return records with values of 10
Last I checked, 10 was MORE than 9. How can the string actually return a value of 10 in one area and be listed in a query using <9 ?? You probably have alphanumerical value. 'AZ' comes before 'Z', right? so '19' comes before '9' (change A with 1 and Z with 9). '19' < '9' but 19 > 9 and '19' > '09' You can try val( fieldstring) < 9 where the pre-defined function val returns the number starting the string: ? val( "10abc" ) 10 Next time, be sure you are usin...

Change in Portfolio Value Money 2002
I have two questions related to the "Change" in market value shown on the lower left corner of the portfolio view. 1. The calculated value is incorrect (much smaller) relative to the individual changes shown for each investment. 2. In downloading the stock quotes, the date shown is today's date, not the closing value of the night before. For example a stock closes on 9/25 at 2.25. Money will now record the stock quote as 2.25 for both 9/25 and 9/26. Therefore the change is always zero. I only download once a day, in the morning, before the market opens. I know I could download af...

If Formula name equals X, then value is
I get that Deer in the headlight look, just thinking about this. I need a formula if it is feasible: 1.0 Mbs through 1.5 Mbs = 1.5M, 5.0 Mbs through 100.0 Mbs = 100M, 101.0 Mbs and higher = current value minus the . space. Just the M after last number. Exceptions are: 45.0 Mbs = 45M, 300.0 Mbs = 300M, 384.0 Kbs = 384K. example: 1.5 Mbs 1.5M 12.0 Mbs 100M 100.0 Mbs 100M 112.0 Mbs 112M 300.0 Mbs 300M 21.0 Mbs 100M 18.0 Mbs 100M 384.0 Kbs 384K 45.0 Mbs 45M 148.0 Mbs 148M Thank you, Calop =IF(A1="45 Mbs&...

Manipulating Field to show data differently that entered
I am working in a venue tracker database and I have a look up box in the header, searching for a venue name in alpha order. The problem is, we have many venues that start with "THE," so searching is not as easy if you don't remember that "the." How do a break apart the field to show like so: "Restaurant One, The"? Thank you for any help! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Create a query based on your Venue table. The first field will be VenueID. In the second field, put the following expression: RevisedVenueName:IIF(Left([VenueName],4) ...

Data Source of Pivot table
Hi NG if i create a Pivot table with the Wizard in Excel 2000 and have my data in a ACCESS 97 table, where can i see the explicit Path and name of the database and the table that are concerned. if the place of the database changes, is it possible to write this change directly into to excel-File via VBA to tell him, that the refresh has to be taken from a different database. maybe the access-table-name could be changed also, on the bassis, that the structure stays the same. Thanks for helping Regards Reiner ...

indirect value to abs values
I'll try to explain : One xls file has a few tabs for my different investment accounts (stock/funds/CD's etc) On the Total Portfolio page there are references to the other tabs so as I complete the other tabs, the portfolio tab gets updated too Col A = name of investment Col B = today's total value and for each week the current data gets shifted to the right (col c,d,e,f, etc)to give a history. tab 1 'Portfolio' Value A B C 1 Stock name ='Stocks'!B2 previous weeks 2 another ...

Pivot Tables #5
I am having trouble with pivot tables. Need to create a pivottable that summarizes Total amount of orders by quarter. I have these columns company name,country,orderdate, sales rep,shipper, category, product name, unitprice, quantity,discount%,freight, totalamount. I was sure I just put total sales and the order date in but I cant get it to do this in quarters. I am taking a class that the teacher is of no help. thanks -- Too old to be in college Try this: Right-Click on the OrderDate heading in the Pivot Table ....Select: Group and Show Detail ....Select: Group ....Select: Quar...

PLEASE! How do i cut and paste sheet5 with out loosing all the values on it (that were formulated from sheets 1to4)
Dear All I Hope you can help me please, i have made up my price list for my business on excel . sheets 1 to 3 are materials and they are all added up together on sheet 4.(sheet 4 giving me my final materials cost) now sheet 5 is my costs plus profit. this is all fine now my problem is. i would like to cut and paste sheet 5 on to an other folder so i can email it to clients. But when i do this most of the values disappear as i have broken the formlas to give those values, so can some please help me and tell me how i can, cut and paste so i have just my price list with all the values on ...

copying Word-Table to Excel
When copying a table (where a table item contains formatted text with "line breaks") to Excel, each "line break" generates a new sub-row and not, as wanted, an equivalent "line break" in the corresponding excel cell (which can be generated manually by pressing ALT+ENTER). How can I reach this? Is it, alternativly, possible to generate the ALT+ENTER in Excel automaticly by using a special control caracter in the "replace" field of the search&replace function? Peter If you change the table in Word to use a special character instead of a carri...

order by case value
If I have the following: SELECT UserID as RID ,EnvironmentID as EnvID ,@authorType as RType ,'A' as Type ,'Author' as FullType ,Case When (isnull(FirstName, '') <> '' AND isnull(LastName, '') <> '') then LastName + ', ' + FirstName When (isnull(FirstName, '') <> '' AND isnull(LastName, '') = '') then FirstName When isnull(FirstName, '') = '' then LastName End as RName ,Email as EmailAddress FROM User WHERE EnvironmentID = @Environment...

form
I have two related tables - Events and Contacts. I have created a form which populates both but the only records it will show are the most recent ones typed into the form itself - it does not pull in the existing information from the tables. I have checked the Properties and Data Entry is set to No and Allow Edit, etc are all Yes. (Interestingly, it also populates the form "Events List" - from the Access 2007 Events Template - which I would like to be able to use but which again will populate the Events table but won't update from it). What do I need to do to ge...