outputting values to a range from one formula

I wish to generate a table automatically by means of a single
formula that applies an iteration on a starting given value with
a given step, and the computed values are posted/entered
automtically into cells from a given cell onwards, say below
it, until the computed value reaches a certain given limt.
This is somehow the inverse of INDIRECT or of OFFSET. These
can pull values from a variable addresses of cells. What I need
is to push values into a variable addresses of cells.

Can anyone help me on that??

Thanks.  :confused

--
Shafe
Shafee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1489

Hi!

A bit more detail would be helpful.
First the distinction between "pull" and "push" is effectively th
difference between using a function in a cell to pull in a value an
using VBA to push a value into the cell.

More to the point, however, can you indicate the sort of sequence yo
want to generate; is it linear ; where and how it gets its "seed" an
end value.
e.g. if you wanted (trivial case) to start in A1 and put 21,23,25,2
etc in col A, then A1 = 21; A2=A1 + 2 and copy A2 down does it.
condition to limit the values to less than a given value (MAX) woul
maybe look like =if(A1+2>MAX,"",A1+2)

But I think you might have something more complex in mind? If so (an
bearing in mind you would have to have the above formulae in "more tha
enough" cells) VBA would be my choice.

What you describe is pretty much what Edit>Fill>Series does, if all yo
want to do is a "one-off".

Al

--
Alf
AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478

formula tu sum up to a number till 7
This is the data I have: 2 3 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 1 4 5 1 2 I want in column C to G cells to be filled till 7 starting to count from B and then starting again. Result I want: A B C D E F G 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 1 4 5 1 2 And so on... How can I do this... Thank you so much!!! I don't fully understand this. Why do you not show 2 as the starting value in column C? Why do you have a 1 after the 7? Is this the corresponding value from column B? Would C2 start with 4 and continue across until you next...

How can I asign a number value to a text line in Excel?
tI have a Backgammon Club with Internal Club Rankings that are in Text. I want my members to report their wins - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - in tournaments to my web site . I would like them to imput: their nickname, date of tournament, tournament Room #, tournament points played for, and host of the tournament. I would further like the calculation to display any change in Ranking as a text cell. Additionally, I want to show for the member, how many more points are needed to get to the next levle and what that (Text)level is. If there is a "what if" for this please advise. Ri...

Formula argument based on text
Hi All, I have cells (A1:A10) populated with text ("Pass" or "Fail"). In cell (A11) I want to have a formula that returns the text: "pass" if all the cells (A1:A10) contain the text "pass" "fail" if any one of the cells (A1:A10) contains the text "fail". How would I write the formula to achieve this? Regards gregork In A11 enter: =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A10,"Fail")>0,"Fail","Pass") HTH "gregork" <gregork@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message news:0RXSb.19911$ws.2664893@news02.tsnz.net... > ...

Adding Named Formulas to a Chart
Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to series' field. Do i just add teh name of the formula in quotes, singl quotes, or what? thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maurice, like this: =workbook.xls!rangename -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "maurices5000 >" <<maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:maurices5000.178a3w@excelforum-nospam.com... > Guys I've been trying to figure out how to add a named formula to a > ...

Question about moving Outlook 2003 from an old computer to a new one
Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010549451033.aspx I was wondering what, if anything, has changed for Outlook 2003? I'm asking only becuase I can't find a similar article, and I'm going to need to do this later next week. Thanks! Larry Larry Kahm <lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote: > Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which > describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: &g...

change the formula by changing contents of cell
I have a table that ranks a list of players by their statistics, for example, when I change cell B2 to "walks", my formula (large) lists the player with the most walks in cell B4, 2nd most in B5, 3rd in B6... that works well because more walks are good. But, when I change cell B2 to "strikeouts" I want it to list the player with the fewest number of strikeouts in B4, next fewest in B5 and so on. Is there a way to change the "large" function to the "small" function within the formula? I have set up a helper cell (C2) that changes fro...

Preventing Column Cell Values from Printing
I have a summary worksheet with several columns of information. There is one particular column (E25:F39) where I don't always want to print the values. Is there some simple way to toggle this column's values on and off just before hitting the print command? I was thinking of using an adjacent tick box outside the print area, which when ticked would print the column values, and vice-versa. I'm looking for a formula that would examine the tick box, and if the tick (letter 'a' in Marlett font) is not present (i.e. cell value = ""), then the values in column (E25:...

How to find a value with multi-column, multi-record list
I have a spreadsheet with $costs arranged according to values in both rows and columns. How do I create drop down lists for both the rows and columns and then return the cell value? eg if I have 5 rows (2-6) and 6 columns (B-G) with costs arranged in each cell within this group how do I create drop downs for each selection, 2-6 and B-G, and return the value to a selected cell. In a typical table of this nature there would be descriptive row and column headers. To do a lookup on this table you would then look for the intersection of a specific row header and a specific column ...

users can't login on one PC
I have 1 PC that was just upgraded to GP 10 SP 2 and now only the SA can login. When a regular user account tries to login they get the error: "The login failed. Attempt to login again or contact your system administrator" That same id is able to login on every other PC so I know it is not SQL DB security and the SA can login from this PC so i am pretty sure it is not the ODBC. Any help would be appreciated. Fliehigh OK So I figured it out this DSN was setup using the IP address of the SQl server and the rest where using the DNS name. I changed it and it worked great. Fli...

How do I change the value in cell based on a future date
I would like certain cells to be cleared after a certain date one way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module (Right-click the workbook title bar and choose View Code): Public Sub Workbook_Open() If Date > #12/15/2004# Then _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1,B2,J10,K39").ClearContents End Sub Note that this won't work if the user opens your workbook with macros disabled. Note also that there's no way to prevent a user from accessing your data - i.e., they can set their clock back and open the file. You can make things more difficu...

Excel 2000
Hi! *First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an data validation. *Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro down menu will add the option to its list. *Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin it into the dynamic range? *Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update occur. TIA -...

Help! page range prob in print
Hi I worked on print.Everythings working perfectly except one problem.ie. When i set the PageRange option to 'ALL' option and press print button..instead of displaying only the pages which has information ..its displaying that all pages from 1 to 65535 r going to be printed. How do i remove this problem? thanks, vani I thing you may failed to set the maximum number of pages to print. Check CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage(nMaxPage); method regds Jibesh -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspecto...

Transfering a changing cell value progressively through a workbook
I am creating a payment application form in excel 2007 using windows 7. Each worksheet represents one months invoice. Say I have a formula in "sheet 1/ cell Q7" that sums the total billed to date for a particular budget line item. This value will be transfered to a the next months payment application "sheet 2/ cell K7" this becomes the total amount of previous applications, then "sheet 2/ Q7 is =sum(K7,M7,O7) this value is transfered to "sheet 3/ K7, and so on and so on, until the completion of the job. How do I acomplish this. -- Thanks Mike ...

Trapping empty or null value
I have a subform with a textbox txtAmount bound to field Amount. On the subform's footer is txtTotal with control source =Sum([amount]). When there is no data in the subform I see #Error in the txtTotal. How can I change =Sum([amount]) to something that will test for this condition and display 0 when there is no data in the subform instead?. Robert Unless you are using Access 2007, you can check the RecordCount of the RecordsetClone of the subform. Unfortunately, the new version errors with that, so you have to use a function call. Public Function FormHasNoRecords(frm As F...

display only one formula
i'm taking a computer test and i need to know how to display my formula when it prints so the formula doesn't calculate, but i only need one of the formulas to be shown the rest need to stay in calculated form. How would i do this? Hi Format the cell as Text, select the cell, press F2, and then Enter keys. -- When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee Arvi Laanemets "norcalchick2207" <norcalchick2207@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F223ADF-4546-44C9-8BC8-6D2825872C10@microsoft.com... > i'm taking a computer test and i need ...

how to move cursor in the formula
Hi, all, The formula is much too long in the conditional formatting and only a portion of it is displayed. How to move the cursor without changing the cell references? thx Try hitting the F2 key. And watch the lower left corner of the Status bar. You'll be toggling between point and Edit mode. It works that way in worksheet formulas, too. Jack Zhong wrote: > > Hi, all, > > The formula is much too long in the conditional formatting and only a > portion of it is displayed. How to move the cursor without changing the > cell references? > > thx -- Dave ...

Help what kind of formula?
I've used Excel formulas in a basic way (sums, averages, divisions, and multiplication of cell data) for about a year. I came across this formula today for a project I need to complete. I've never seen the "SUMIF" or the dollar symbol, OR the ampersand! After hilighting the formula to see if I could just figure it out, I'm stumped. Any chance someone could explain what function these symbols serve Here is the formula =SUMIF($D$3:$D$28,"="&$C38,H$3:H$28) :confused: -- Emil0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emil...

If formula #3
I am trying to find an if formula that says if the result of A-B is less than ..03 then 0 but if the result is less than 0 (example -.03) than show result. The reasoning may help. We don't want to be bothered with amounts less than 3 cents but we do want to display the credit balances because we have to refund the amount. Another way of trying to explain what I am trying to do is if the result of A-B is either .01,.02,.03, than just make it 0 but if it is -.01 show result as negative. Any help would be appreciated. Try this: =IF(OR(A1-B1={0.01,0.02,0.03}),0,A1-B1) HTH, Paul -- &...

Data Range with more than value
I am trying to assign codes to one of my worksheets based on pricing. The problem that I am running into is that the data that I am taking my information has a range of pricing Example below PRICE POINT/RANGE PP $0.01 TO $1 PP0100 I need to have a formula that looks at "PRICE POINT/RANGE" and compare it to a column that has pricing (i.e .95). This formula/function should give me the "PP" code. Break the range up into two columns (Data - Text to columns). Assuming you don't have gaps/overlaps in your price range (why would you?) your formula ...

Clear cell value without macro?
Is there any way to clear a cell value when the sheet is selected or the workbook opened without using a macro? Ed Click on the cell and press the <delete> key. Is this what you mean? Pete On Dec 9, 1:44=A0pm, Ed from AZ <prof_ofw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there any way to clear a cell value when the sheet is selected or > the workbook opened without using a macro? > > Ed > On Dec 9, 1:44 pm, Ed from AZ wrote: > > Is there any way to clear a cell value when the sheet is selected or > > the workbook opened without using a macro? On Dec 9, 7:02=A0a...

ignoring null values in graph
I've built a data sheet to represent monthly result data that is appended to each month. In the out-months a formula exists to prevent a DIV/0 error in the data sheet. Problem is, the out months graph with a zero value. How do I fix without having to update the chart range or formulas that calc the percentages each month? Take a look at Jon Peltier's Dynamic Chart information http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynColCht Is this what you are looking for? "Kris B" <Kris B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FC0C63B-61DD-4FC8-A90...

Multiple maildomains on one exc2k3 srv
Hi Our company have multiple maildomains on one exchange 2003 server And we would like to send emails with all of them. its like this: if you send me an email on a user@new.com emailadress i want to answer u back on that adress...but my primary adress in exchange is user@old.com How do i set this up so my users can use this easy. i know i can change my primary adress...but thats not a solution for us...( we have 6 emaildomains) We are using w2k3 server with e2k3 with smtp. Hope someone can answer me Lars Have a look at ChooseFrom application here: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefr...

How to change data range for Pivot Table
Hi, How can I make pivot table query for parameters like data range, I have done something like this in normal query by adding [Ask For Date:] in MS Query. Does anyone know how to achieve similar result for Pivot Table. regards Peter You can use the pivot table's page fields to filter the data. Or, import the external data to a worksheet, where you can use parameters, and base the pivot table on that. piotr.kabath@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > How can I make pivot table query for parameters like data range, I have > done something like this in normal query by adding [Ask F...

histogram, wrong input range
when I try to put data into a histogram. It changes to the name of my worksheet. WHY????? Need help... Camilla Camilla - > when I try to put data into a histogram. It changes to the name of my > worksheet. WHY????? Need help... Camilla < Some range edit boxes show the worksheet name preceding the range you have selected. As an alternative to Excel's Histogram tool, especially for continuous-valued data (as opposed to discrete), you may want to try my Better Histogram free add-in, available at www.treeplan.com. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Catch when the Probability value has chaged due to a Sales Process
Hi I'm coding a callout for the CRM 3.0, I would like to be able to catch when the opportunity's Probability value has change due to a stage change in a Sales Process workflow. I have the following code: public override void PostUpdate( CalloutUserContext userContext, CalloutEntityContext entityContext, string preImageEntityXml, string postImageEntityXml) { string preProbability = String.Empty; string postProbability = String.Empty; // Get pre-values XmlDocument preImageEntity = new XmlDocument(); preImageEntity.LoadXml(preImageEntityXml); foreach (XmlElement elemen...