Outlook vs. Lotus Notes in macros

One problem... we use Lotus Notes
can I just replace LotusNotes where it says Outlook?

"Gary Brown" wrote:

> Use Windows Scheduled Tasks to run your macro at specific times/days.
> The basics of the macro would be something like this....
>
> '/========================================/
> '  Sub Purpose:  example of how to send a file attachment
> '                 Requires reference to Microsoft Outlook
> '/========================================/
> '
> Public Sub SendTheEmail()
>   Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
>   Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem
>   Dim objAttachments As Outlook.Attachments
>   Dim strTo As String, strSubject As String
>   Dim strBody As String
>   Dim strAttachment As String
>   Dim strCC As String, strBCC As String
>
>   On Error GoTo err_Sub
>
>   ' - - - V A R I A B L E S - - - - - - - - -
>   strAttachment = "C:\Temp\Test.txt"
>   strTo = "MyEmailAdress@Anywhere.com"
>   strSubject = "This is a Test of the Subject Area..."
>   strBody = "This is where you have the Body of the eMail"
>   strCC = ""    'CC:
>   strBCC = ""    'Blind CC:
>   ' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>   Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
>   Set objMail = olApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
>   Set objAttachments = objMail.Attachments

You cannot.. Please find few links which I have referred in past...

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Using-Lotus-Notes-1427/Excel-VBA-Lotus-Notes.htm
http://www.fabalou.com/VBandVBA/lotusnotesmail.asp
http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25809

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"Norm" wrote:

> One problem... we use Lotus Notes
> can I just replace LotusNotes where it says Outlook?
>

> "Gary Brown" wrote:
>
> > Use Windows Scheduled Tasks to run your macro at specific times/days.
> > The basics of the macro would be something like this....
> >
> > '/========================================/
> > '  Sub Purpose:  example of how to send a file attachment
> > '                 Requires reference to Microsoft Outlook
> > '/========================================/
> > '
> > Public Sub SendTheEmail()
> >   Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
> >   Dim objMail As Outlook.MailItem
> >   Dim objAttachments As Outlook.Attachments
> >   Dim strTo As String, strSubject As String
> >   Dim strBody As String
> >   Dim strAttachment As String
> >   Dim strCC As String, strBCC As String
> >
> >   On Error GoTo err_Sub
> >
> >   ' - - - V A R I A B L E S - - - - - - - - -
> >   strAttachment = "C:\Temp\Test.txt"
> >   strTo = "MyEmailAdress@Anywhere.com"
> >   strSubject = "This is a Test of the Subject Area..."
> >   strBody = "This is where you have the Body of the eMail"
> >   strCC = ""    'CC:
> >   strBCC = ""    'Blind CC:
> >   ' - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> >
> >   Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
> >   Set objMail = olApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
> >   Set objAttachments = objMail.Attachments

How to properly transfer an outlook.pst file?
For years I have struggled with "transferring" Outlook's .pst file, e.g., when doing a complete re-install of Windows or when a client buys a new PC and wants their Outlook data transferred from their backup files. Invariably something gets botched up and this usually means I have to spend hours trying to resolve the mess created. I am assuming there must be a proper way to do this and obviously I'm not doing it. What I'm hoping for is that someone will provide a step-by-step procedure that WORKS. My general practice has been to install Office, open Outlook and cre...

Deleting old email account from Outlook
Switched ISP > 6 months ago. Still receiving emails addressed to my prior email address despite fact that prior ISP says they deactivated the account at my initial request (i.e. six months ago). I've gone trough the steps of Tools/email account, deleting the account onscreen, and my computer now does not list the prior account, but yet the emails keep coming. How do I kill this prior email account. Help much appreciated. Ray <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Switched ISP > 6 months ago. Still receiving emails > addressed to my prior email addre...

How do i set up outlook 7 with sky broadband?
I have been through the set up process hundreds of times and run up a huge phone bill with sky trying to set up my outlook since we changed from orange to sky as our ISP. I have gone through the help pages and gone onto sky eforum but it still doesnt work. Any help would be great. Cheers. Susie Which settings did you use? What exactly isn't working? Which error messages are being returned to you? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently pr...

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

Notes or comments in formula bar
Hello, I vaguely recall an article I read that mentioned I could insert a note or comment into the formula bar. Can someone tell me how to do that? I'm not talking about Insert-> Comment. Example: If I were to have A1+B1, there's a trick that will allow me to add a note within the formula bar such as "this formula adds apples and oranges." Thanks =A1+B1+N("Type Note Here") >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I vaguely recall an article I read that mentioned I could >insert a note or comment into the formula bar. Can >someone...

Outlook Notes #4
How do you change the look of Notes from full-screen to a smaller size. There are no drag handles or "top right hand corner" options. Sounds like you dragged it too big or maximized it. Can you double-click the blue bar at the top? <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170d701c420ee$0960a350$a001280a@...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

Outlook 2003 Cant get to newsgroups
I dragged the NEWS icon from tools/customize/commands/go to the GO button on the tool bar. It worked fine then I got on a newsgroup and a posting that read "payback" multiple times. I didnot open the attachment. Next time I tryied to go to NEWS it was not there. How can I get newsgroup access back? Tryied reinstalling Outlook2003 and Office 2003 with no luck. Expect the answer to be in registry. Help please. I got the similar problem and got the fix. Here is what you need to do: - add the NEWS button under Go menu - accept Outlook Express is your default NEWS client - c...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

Outlook attachments #9
Can you seach for any powerpoint attachments in an outlook folder? Hit Ctrl+Shift+F to bring up the advanced find form. Then search by "ppt" in "frequently-used text fields." That will search all fields for the term "ppt" which should find all the files that have a .ppt extention. I just tried it, and it seemed to work on mine. --Colin Jensen ...

best outlook for exchange 5.5
we have exchange 5.5 with outlook 97 and 2000 clients. The 2000 users seem to freeze more than the 97 users. Has anyone else noticed this? Is outlook 2002 better? We're using OL2000 connecting to Exchange 5.5 mailbox. Never seen any lock-up. "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA28B7C1-7188-434C-AA7E-232047BFCBB6@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 5.5 with outlook 97 and 2000 clients. The 2000 users seem > to freeze more than the 97 users. Has anyone else noticed this? Is outlook > 2002 better? generally speaking, it's best...

Outlook vs. Netscape
Hello all, Maybe someone can help me. I'm encoutering a weird bug and I'd like to get to the bottom of it and fix it. I have a system using Windows XP Pro as an OS. I have the Office 2002 suite and for my mail service I use OUTLOOK (not xpress). I had the McAfee 2003 anti-virus installed which I removed for technical reasons (annoying tests) and the compuetr was sacnned free from viruses..... I have an account set up in OUTLOOK, my outgoing and incoming servers are exactly what they are supposed to be, I can receive all mail but for some odd reason I'm unable to send anything fr...

Outlook 2003: Print address book
I'm running Outlook 2003 as a stand alone program without a network. I can't print the address book. The address book menu does not offer any print options including those found in the Help and Support and the MS Knowledge Base. It also doesn't offer the option to export/import. What am I missing here? Operating Windows XP Home SP2, IE 6 SP2, Outlook 2003. Thanks for any suggestion -- Phil pdischert@iname.com There is no address book in Outlook. There are lots of choices for ways to print your Contacts Folder: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/print.htm -- Russ V...

How to get a macro to do what i want?
I have designed a form in Excel and the data that is inputted i want to be able to save in a separate worksheet. The problem i am having is that eveytime i record the macro, it over writes the same row each time (if that makes sense). For example if i copied every cell in the form and paste them into the database Row 1, i then want the new piece of information inputted into the form to go into Row 2 and then Row 3 etc.... But it keeps going into Row 1, it wouldnt move down the rows. Hopefully this makes sense to someone and someone can give me some advise. Calculate the last row ...

Importing Outlook data into Access 2003
I recently reinstalled Office 2003 and have encountered the following problem: I want to import my contacts in Outlook into an Access 2003 database. When I go to File/Get External data, there is no option to import from Outlook. In fact, the only choices I'm given are Microsoft Access, Windows Sharepoint Services, XML and ODBC databases. How can I enable the options I've had in past installations of Access? Thanks in advance, Pic Select Full install instead of typical Pieter "Pic" <compuBUTNOTTHIStoot@att.net> wrote in message news:uqqbh3t26icr6bo0httq2b6640b78pq56...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

outlook inbox refresh issue
Has anyone come acrosos an issue in MS Outlook 2000 where an incoming data packet processes but isn't deleted? There seems to be a refresh issue. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can you give a little more detail? Did you press the delete key and the message remained in the inbox? Or do you have a rule processing that should have deleted the message? Or...? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Johnny Jackman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02d301c39ffa$66c91380$a401280a@phx.gbl... Has anyone come acrosos an issue in MS Outlook 2000 where...

Conversion from Outlook 2000 to 2003
Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer and it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data" files (active as well as archive) so I can resume using them with my new computer? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Have a great day, except you spammers To email, remove the obvious ....... On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:10:00 -1000, Les <lester123_nospam@att.net> wrote: > Currently using Outlook 2000. I am planning on getting a new computer > and > it will have Outlook 2003 contained on it. How do I save my "data&qu...

Setting up my Outlook at home
How do I set up my Outlook 2003 to work from home, but leave the messages on the server (as I do at the office)? I right-click Outlook and choose Email accounts. I choose Microsoft Exchange Server. I put in our server and my user name. I also uncheck "Use Cached Exchange Mode", which is what I assumed was what would move the data to my machine (which I don't want). When I say click next, I get the Message: "Mail from this Microsoft Exchange Server account will be delivered to the existing Personal Folder on your local computer. If you wish to keep your mail on your server...

Outlook Express #60
I don't even know if this is the correct newsgroup to post, but I can't find any group under the name Outlook Express, so I'm trying my luck here. I'm due to upgrade to a new computer, and I'm wondering if I have to save my old mails into diskette or CD. I certainly don't want to lose all my old mails collected in Outlook Express. The big problem is - I'm not able to find anything in Outlook Express that looks like the data files for my old mails. So what do people do when they want to keep their old mails in the course of changing their computer? "p...

Viewing recurring Items
I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my calendar. When I go to View-Current View-Recurring Items it only shows those items that occur weekly. Similarly when I go to View-Current View-by category it displays NONE of these items even though they have all been categorised with the same category. What's going on? (They display in the day-week-month view perfectly normally....) "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%23YnlScKkHHA.2272@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I've just set up about 14 annually recurring items in my cale...

Macro to apply alternate grey/white shading to selected paragraphs
Dear Experts: I would like to do paragraph shading using grey shading alternately. Example: this is a sample text This is another sample text This is yet another sample text This may be the last paragraph acquiring grey shading This is the penultimate paragraph This is the last paragraph With these 6 paragraphs selected, I would like to run a macro which applies grey shading alternately to the selected paragraphs, i.e. grey/ white (no shading) alternately. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Use Dim oRng As Range For i = 2 T...

Insert Static Date as part of Macro
I've built a nice macro, but I want it to insert the date it is run in an empty cell within the macro's range. When working within a spreadsheet, Ctrl +; returns the system date, but I can't figure out how to put that command into a macro. The macro recorder editor shows that the system recognizes the entry as the current date, not a function that returns the current date. The now() or today() functions are both dynamic ... they change with the system date. That's not acceptable in this situation. I need to seen when the macro was run. Thanks for any help, Ralph di...

Macro Security, Password Recovery & VB Code execution
I have found that if I set my macro security to high, VB code within (non-trusted) excel sheets do not execute... a microsoft security feature that ostensibly prevents non- trusted users from running VB The questions I have are : Is there a way to guarantee VB macro-execution using digital certificates or what-have-you ? Is there a way to detect, either within excel (well, not possible, it seems) or from outside, that the combo of users macro-security settings and signature status of a perticular excel file, WILL prevent VB from executing, if the file is attempted to opened ? ...