Order by date

I have columns B6 to F6, where users will enter dates in mm/dd/yyyy
format. Cells could be empty. Column A6 will contain names. I want to
do an automatic update of the list as the user will insert/update
dates. The sort order is needed to be in an Ascending order by dates.
To do this the routine has to find the smallest date in each row, and
then order the rows according to these smallest dates (smallest of
these found dates first). If in any row there is no date, then this row
will come first. Pls. help.

Can I Count dates without repeating?
I am trying to count dates column without repeating every date twice. For Example: 08/10/05 08/10/05 08/11/05 08/11/05 08/11/05 Answer should be 2. Is it possible in Excel? Thank you for your time -- bogdan7 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bogdan77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2620 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39511 This is an array formula, committed with Ctrol-Shift-Enter. Assumes you dates are in cells A1:A10 =SUM(1/COUNTIF(A1:A10,A1:A10)) "bogdan...

Date manipulation 10-05-07
This works in a query design view column: WeekOf: IIf((Weekday([Date])=1),([Date]-6),(DateAdd("d",-(Weekday([DATE])-2),[DATE]))) It looks at the date field and assigns it to the 'WeekOf' which is always the preceeding Monday. But in the next query I apply a Criteria to the WeekOf field to range it between date start and date end fields that exist in a form. The form format is definitely date. But I get a data mismatch error when I attempt to apply the criteria. It leads me to believe that my manipulation of the date with the Iif has changed its status to not bein...

Outlook Express News enable group selection when putting in order
When required to "combine and download messages" in OutLook Express, only one file can be moved at a time. I am suggesting that multiple message part selection via the shift/control key be enabled in the same manner that it is in all other file manager applications. I.E. When someone posts a message with many parts and the message parts numbers range from 01 to 199, I must move 99 messages which are all in sequence. I currently must do this one at a time...very time consuming and hard on the hand!!! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft res...

Issue material to closed work order, messes up avg cost of assy
Prompt user if trying to issue material to a closed work order, this work order has been closed, the average cost of the assembly will not be updated, do you want to continue? -- Sheri Salomone Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. Click the "I Agree" button to vote to have this fixed, THANKS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

Need to automatically input date one time
I'm making a spreadsheet that will automatically check out movies from my library to friends, family, etc. I would like the spreadsheet to enter the date as soon as I enter a name. Problem is, any formula continues to update the date after I put in a name. Does anyone know how to have the date automatically enter without updating? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Have a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html for some solutions. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I'm making a spreadsheet that will automatically check out movies from ...

Need to automaticallu input date in form
This seems to be a very popular question posed on the forum, and I have read through and tried the most viable solutions given to others. I have three diferent forms that update a table with three different date fields. Although I have set the default value for all the date fields in the table to =Date()- 1, this only works on one of the forms, even though that field in each form is given same properties. The forms are used to update an inventory table containing part numbers, wip dates and amounts, packing dates and amounts, and shipping dates and amounts. I use the three different forms bec...

automate sales order fulfillment details received through excel
We receive an excel file from our distribution center every day which has the order fulfillment details for existing sales orders. How can I load this into Great Plains? If someone has done this, any examples will be of great help. Thanks in advance, Jack Hi Jack, We have a add solution for Remote SOP using Excel interface through GP, please drop a email. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Jack Tundra" wrote: > We receive an excel file from our distribution center every day which has > the order fulfillment details for existing sales orders. How can I load this...

How would you manage these dates?
I'm back, after posting just a couple of hours ago about "old" dates and getting great help. Now I know more about what my friend is trying to do, and I'm intrigued by the problem and am wondering how a real clever expert, like in this group, would handle it. She's archiving historical letters and using an Excel file. So she's got rows with the topic, who wrote it, who received it, the date, etc. Let's ignore the problem of "old" dates now and assume they're all after 1900. Here's the tricky part: she's not sure about some dates. Thi...

Dates in Charts
I have a chart that I have created based on data that lists dates and amounts. The dates are not consecutive however when I create the chart it shows all dates March 1, March 2, March 3 Even though I did not enter March 2 at all. How do I stop it from doing that? you cant. just like if you had numeric data 0, 3, 9, 15 and plotted it. the numbers in between are still shown on the axis. AGP "Erika" <Erika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BC1E855-7741-44A3-9E5F-7E928A16AE15@microsoft.com... >I have a chart that I have created based on data that lists ...

Update of Inter-Store transfer orders
I am at the end of my rope with transfers. I can't understand ho RMS can have the ability to create and Inter-store transfer at one location, but changes are not reflected after the order is "placed." Has anyone found a workaround? My situation is that a smaller location orders products from the main location which houses the warehouse. The warehouse crew picks items from the transfer order, but very frequently the requested items are not available. They may send a substitute, adding it to thier transfer out order. Tehy may also send some items that were not requested by ...

date formulas
Hi, I have two problems that need help. Cell A1 has a date of birth. Cell A2 calculates the age. If there isn't a dob of birth, cell A2 returns 110. Another one is having cell C1 with a date or NA. C2 is based on cell C1 and adds 3 months to the date in C1 but if C1 has NA, the return is #value!. Kathleen Describing the problem is only the first step, Kathleen. You also need to identify the solution you are looking for. As a guess, for #1 try, =if(a1="","",datedif(a1,today(),"y")) For #2, =if(c1="NA","",date(y...

TEXT(date)?
As you know, the function =DATEVALUE("8/22/2008") produces a date from its corresponding text representation. I want to go the OTHER way. That is, I want to take a date and produce its text representation (I'll settle for any reasonable format). How might I go about doing that? Thanks, John Your answer is in your question!! try: =TEXT(TODAY(),"dd-mm-yy") or any other reasonable date-style format -- Gary's Student "JMF" wrote: > As you know, the function > > =DATEVALUE("8/22/2008") > > produces a date from its corr...

Pick up date for Charts from the Spreadsheet
I have a workbook with one data sheet and several charts which represent weekly activity. I want to be able to pick up the title of the charts from the spreadsheet, e.g. "Sales Activity for Week Ending April 7, 2006". This title information is contained in a cell in the spreadsheet. How do I get it to display at the top of each chart without having to manually type it in the title area under Chart Options? Wilfred: Here' a link to a post I have on dynamic titles that sounds like what you are looking for. http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_dynamic_chart_title.htm I ...

Date formatting Help
Macro - Help How can you select a cell with a Sunday's Date to give you th following Sunday's Date when execute -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27551 To get next Sunday's date, just add 7 to this Sunday. So something like: cell.value + 7 -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "Db1712" <Db1712.1f88gn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message ...

Counting Dates
I have two spreadsheets, one containg data the other the results. In my results spreadsheet, I want to come up with the total number of transactions processed for a specific month. The formula I am using is =COUNTIF('2005'!$E$2:$E$10000, A5). A5 being Jan 1, 2005. However, the formula only seems to be looking for transations processed on Jan 1, 2005 and not for the entire month of Jan. Is there a formula I can use to solve this issue?? Thanks! -- ROSE2102 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ROSE2102's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com...

Auto-fill or formula for dates
Hi, I've done a couple of searches through excelforum.com, but I can' puzzle out what I need. All I need is to fill one column with alternating rows of dates fro Sunday through Friday. For example: 6/13/2004 6/14/2004 6/15/2004 6/16/2004 6/17/2004 6/20/2004 6/21/2004 6/22/2004 6/23/2004 6/24/2004 6/27/2004 and so on... Thank you very much in advance, Da -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Dan! Your example and your words don't match. In your example you want to get rid of 18 and 19-Jun-2004 which are Friday and Saturday. To achieve that use: =IF(WEEKDAY(...

negative qty on order
I was a few $ short of a minimum order on a PO. The supplier added 1 more case pack of an item to meet the minimum. When I received against my PO, I received 18, and the order qty was 12. Now when I run and qty reports, it shows -6 on order for this item. When I look at the item itself, it shows 0 on order. I manually reduced the on hand quantities to test if it would be added to a PO based on re-order quantities. That worked fine. How do I get rid of the -6 on order in my reports? Thanks in advance, MP Not sure what reports you're seeing this on, were they customized to in...

dates get corrupted when copied to another workbook
I copy a worksheet in a workbook to a new workbook, a date of 10/13/03 becomes 10/22/99, off by 4 years and a day. A cell by cell copy has the same resuly. Never seen that before. I am using excel xp anyone seen this before?? One workbook was using a base year of 1900 and the other was using 1904. (tools|options|calculation tab|1904 date system) One way to add those four years back is to find an empty cell, put 1462 into that cell. Copy that cell. Select your range that contains the dates. Edit|PasteSpecial|click Add (in the operation box). You may have to reformat the cell as a date ...

Changing date format of cells
Hi, I have an excel sheet that contains some dates (sample given below), entered in the "dd/mm/yyyy" format. But it seems excel is interpreting them as "mm/dd/yyyy". Whenever i try to do any date related stuff, such as change the format or group them together etc. It throws up on dates like "15/1/2006" and interprets "11/1/2006" as November - 1st - 2006 Is there any way to change the way excel interprets these dates? Make them read them as "dd/mm/yyyy" rather than "mm/dd/yyyy"? Failing that, is there someway to automatically convert ...

DATE Functions???
how will i classify the dates according to its quarter. lets say 10-02-03 (october 2, 2003) is it under 1st quarter, 2nd quarter, 3r quarter,4th quarter of the year? what date function should i use? o what do i have to do? pls help me with this. than -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi malay_ko! We can use an easily adaptable formula: =CHOOSE(MONTH(A1),1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,3,4,4,4) It should be clear that all you need to do is assign arguments 1,2,3 and 4 to all of the months in turn. At present the formula puts Jan, Feb. Mar into Q1, Apr, May, Jun in Q2 etc. So if you ...

why do dates change on graphs when emailing to another person
Who knows with such an ambiguous problem statement? How are the dates changing? If the difference is 4 years and 1 day, it's because the users have a different Date system selected (Tools/Options/Calculation). It could be that there's a NOW() or TODAY() function (or some other volatile function such as RAND()) in the data range. It could be that there's a macro operating. It could be user intervention. Does it happen with all users? Do you have any automacros or event macros in the workbook? Do you have any volatile functions in the data range? In article <AB891CD3-6...

1st part works; how to get an actual date dumped?
I was able to put together 2 macros and am pleased with results. When I click on a button that has the macro below assigned to it, it puts the date for this week's Monday into L2 which shows the beginning of the week and which then affects all the rest of the dates in the sheet that are dependent on L2: ********************************** Sub MondayStartDate() ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.Goto Reference:="R2C12" ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _ "=2-WEEKDAY(TODAY())+TODAY()" Range("L2").Select ActiveSheet.Protect End Sub ********************...

z-report needs to print the date that the blindclosout took place
Using RMS Store Operations version 1.3 Let me see if i can better describe what the problem with the blind closeout is. It is indeed a problem, and it is something that should be corrected. Let me create a scenerio for you... It is the night of Wednesday January 25th, we create a blind closeout so we can perform the Z at a later time. It is the night of Thursday January 26th, we create a blind closeout so we can perform the Z at a later time. It is the night of Friday January 27th, we create a blind closeout so we can perform the Z at a later time. Come Saturday January 28th, the Manag...

Date Reformating Question
This is actually a two part question. First: I have more than 650 birth dates arranged on a spreadsheet with the birth months in column ‘G’, the birth day in column ’H’ and the birth year in column ‘I’, is there a way to combine the three columns into one column eliminating the three separate columns? Second: I use this formula =VLOOKUP(I3,Start!$B$21:$E$27,3,FALSE) to arrive at a result based on the year of the birth date (i.e. if cell I3 contained a ‘1996’ then the result would be ‘U16’). How would I adjust this formula to handle the new date format in the first ...

How Can I turn off Date Autocomplete in Outlook 2007
I don't like the way that when I type in a date like 25th July 2007 in Word and Outlook 2007 it insists on offering me 2007-07-25 autocomplete if I press the enter key. I usually create a juornal entry and then hit enter to move down to a new line so this is a right pain. Herb Tyson came up with the following Macro for Word 2007 on his Word 2007 Bible Blog *To simply turn it off* Sub TurnOffAutoComplete() Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = False End Sub *To toggle it on or off* Sub TurnOffAutoComplete() Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTips = Not (Application.DisplayAutoCompleteTi...