Option Buttons in Group Box

I have two group boxes with two option buttons in each(from the Forms
Tool bar)  Is there any way to make the group boxes invisible. I would
like to have only the option buttons showing on the worksheet.

Set the BorderColor to the same color as the BackColor, and
change the SpecialEffect setting to 0 (fmSpecialEffectFlat).

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"JAMES T." <sylvester1501@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>I have two group boxes with two option buttons in each(from the
>Forms
> Tool bar)  Is there any way to make the group boxes invisible.
> I would
> like to have only the option buttons showing on the worksheet.

0
chip1 (1821)
3/22/2005 7:06:03 PM
alt-f11 to get to the VBE
ctrl-g to see the immediate window
type (or copy|paste)
activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false
and hit enter

"JAMES T." wrote:

> I have two group boxes with two option buttons in each(from the Forms
> Tool bar)  Is there any way to make the group boxes invisible. I would
> like to have only the option buttons showing on the worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson
0

--

"Chip Pearson" <chip@cpearson.com> wrote in message
> Set the BorderColor to the same color as the BackColor, and
> change the SpecialEffect setting to 0 (fmSpecialEffectFlat).
>

> --
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
>

> "JAMES T." <sylvester1501@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
>>I have two group boxes with two option buttons in each(from the
>>Forms
>> Tool bar)  Is there any way to make the group boxes invisible.
>> I would
>> like to have only the option buttons showing on the worksheet.

0
chip1 (1821)
3/22/2005 7:39:50 PM
Thank goodness that never happens to me (cough, cough) <v,vbg>.

Chip Pearson wrote:

> I misread your question. I assumed you were talking about Option
> Buttons on Userforms, not directly on the worksheet.
>
> --
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
>
> "Chip Pearson" <chip@cpearson.com> wrote in message
> > Set the BorderColor to the same color as the BackColor, and
> > change the SpecialEffect setting to 0 (fmSpecialEffectFlat).
> >

> > --
> > Cordially,
> > Chip Pearson
> > Microsoft MVP - Excel
> > Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> > www.cpearson.com
> >

> > "JAMES T." <sylvester1501@peoplepc.com> wrote in message
> >>I have two group boxes with two option buttons in each(from the
> >>Forms
> >> Tool bar)  Is there any way to make the group boxes invisible.
> >> I would
> >> like to have only the option buttons showing on the worksheet.

--

Dave Peterson
0
ec357201 (5290)

Show only queries w/table source combo box
Is it possible to display only query names in a combo box where the queries source contains the table [Mstr List]? Thank you very much for any help. On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 05:13:46 -0700, Billy B <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: To do that you would have to write some VBA code to iterate over the Querydefs collection, inspect the SQL property of each Querydef object, and add the ones you like to the dropdown. Here is an off-the-cuff example. You would put this code in the Form_Load event: dim qd as dao.querydef for each qd in currentdb.querydefs if instr(qd.sql, &q...

part of procedure not executed by button
Hi all, In the NG I saw earlier questions about residual "down arrows", I mean that the filter arrows in the top row will not (all) disappear after finishing the filtering. Saw no usefull answer in the NG. Maybe it occurs when Excel (I use Excel 2k with XP) gets "overloaded" because the spreadsheet contains very much formulas, connections to other complex sheets or workbooks with graphs (or should I say charts?) etc. Perhaps an area of memory gets clotted with all kinds of scribblings, like with exhausting the memory space for system resources under Windows 3.11. When reac...

Set value of a text box conditionally
I have two text boxes on a report. One is bound to a field in a table. The other has a formula that combines the values from two other table fields. If there is a particular value in the bound field, I want the unbound text box to display a particular text string, instead of the string that it now displays as a result of the formula. How do I do that? Thanks. On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:52:33 -0700, "J. Cairn" <jcairn@clearhelp.com> wrote: >I have two text boxes on a report. One is bound to a field in a table. >The other has a formula that combines the values from two oth...

Distribution group problem
I have over 700 address contacts that have been "tagged" into various categories. I know how to set up a new distribution group. However, when I choose "select names" the names from my list apear as first name, last name instead of last name , first name. This makes it almost impossible to scroll up and down looking for the name I want to select and add to my distribution group. Please advise of any suggestions. In Outlook XP, select Tools, Options, then click Contact Options. Change the Default File Order to Last, First. "Randal" <randal.langley@...

Count records based on combo box value
Hi I have a continuous form set up that stores person details name, DoB, gender etc. Gender is a combo box which stores either a 1 or 0. I have two fields in the footer of the form which I would like to use to Count the number of males (1's) and females (0's) in the form. At the moment it contains =Count([Gender]) which of course returns a count of all the records. Can someone tell me what syntax I should be using for each field to separate the count of males/females?CountIf or something similar? Hi Dave, There are a couple of ways to get the counts of M/F. Since males = 1, to...

Problems with distribution groups in Exchange 2003
I have a small business server 2003 with SP1 for both windows and exchange server installed. It recieves mail for two domains. cleevelink.co.uk and cleevehillnursing.co.uk. There are two distribution groups setup both called info one for each domain. The problem occurs when mail is sent to info@cleevehillnursing.co.uk it is routed to the correct members, however mail sent to info@cleevelink.co.uk is routed to the members of cleevehillnursing.co.uk not the cleevlink.co.uk Any thoughts greatly recieved. On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:05:02 -0800, "Kevin Cook" <KevinCook@discussio...

Parameter Query Using Combo Box
There are no recorsd being returned when i run my parameter query. SELECT TrackingID, DocumentNumber,DocumentType, RequestDate,DueDate, ProgramID, AssignedTo, Author, StatusDate,Subject,Notes FROM tblDocTracking WHERE (((tblDocTracking.ProgramID)=[forms]![frmProgramSelect]![ProgramID])); I have frmProgramSelect open. I am not sure what i am doing wrong. Can you help? Be sure the control ProgramID is out of focus, to be sure that the value you keyed in has been "updated". If the control is not updated (committed), its last committed value, probably a null, will ...

recall message option missing
Hi all, I sent a message to one of my friends which i want to recall. As i believe in Microsoft outlook 2000 SR1 which i am using if i go to sent message and there if i click on that message and in the message window i should have a option at Action->Recall message, which will recall the message if the reader has not read it. But In my outlook that particular option is missing. Should i do something more? On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:40:29 -0800, "Ash" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > > I sent a message to one of my friends which i wa...

Re: clicking on single option dropdown list in IE7 causes browser to c
It looks like any password manager will cause this issue - I am using Bio-Cert and it handles the passwords for all applications - I tried disabling it in IE7 version.13CO but did not resolve issue. Once I uninstalled the application and removed all instances in the registry, I was able to correct the Drop Down issue in IE7 version.13Co and 11.CO Hope this helps someone. -- TRamassar ...

How to do Z-axis ordering on elements in a Dialog Box?
As you may know from my previous threads, my program is reading in data from many files and I have a progress bar to display this. Once each file is loaded the progress bar is incremented and the name of the file is displayed in a text control in the middle of the progress bar. The only problem I'm having is that the progress bar is being displayed on top of the text, so at the moment, I'm having the text below the progress bar, which takes up more space and isn't at pretty. Soooo ... how do you implement Z-axis ordering? Thanks! You can use SetWindowPos to change the zorder....

Entourage EWS - Send on behalf
> Ce message est au format MIME. Comme votre programme de lecture de courriers ne comprend pas ce format, il se peut que tout ou une partie de ce message soit illisible. --B_3348219359_10830351 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hello, Our Entourage users want to send email on behalf of a distribution group, AD permission has been set and it work just fine with Outlook 2007. Once we add the distribution group in the delegated accounts in entourage 2008, it appears as (unconnected) in the left frame and user can't send ...

Form w/ combo box from query based on lookup field not alphabetizi
I have a query that includes a lookup field (combo box). I included an ORDER BY clause in the query for the lookup field. The field sorts the lookup list alphabetically and in the query. I'm happy with that. I created a main form w/ a linked form based on the query. The linked form contains the lookup field. However, the lookup table is still not alphabetised. Why? Please help in alphabetising the field on the linked form. All help is prematurely appreciated. -- Thanks, Karen Table sorting is VERY strange - I think Bill Gates understands it and no one else without a MVP...

Edit, Delete command buttons next to each record
Hi there, I have a form, with a subform showing records from a table. Would it be possible to put command buttons next to each record, without having to hard-code a set number of cmd buttons, and showing on scrollable data within this subform? Furthermore, when clicking the Edit cmd button, it should open another form and populate this with the selected record... how can I achieve this? Thank you kindly! -- The Psyber Fox http://www.psyberconsulting.co.za ...

Moving groups
How do I move mailenabled groups from e2k sp3, to exchange 2003 sp1? I can move users in ADUC just fine. TIA, Eric Don't need to - groups reside in AD. (So do users, but users have mailboxes on Exchange - you're actually moving mailboxes. Groups don't have one.) -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Eric K" <EricK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE6DF025-ED0D-4196-8084-928260B93FAB@microsoft.com... > How do I move mailenabled groups fr...

"Option" to play audio OR skip to next slide
I am creating a show that has no audio. All slides are advanced by a mouse click. However, on just one of the slides, I would like to add a short audio clip. I would show the sound icon with a text box that if the user wants to hear the audio, they should click the icon. But if they don't want to hear it, clicking anywhere outside the sound icon would automatically go the the next slide. Also, can I display a text box at the end of the audio telling the user the audio is done and they can click to go on to the next slide. Of course, I know exactly how long the clip is -...

Create two related list box
hi all, I don't know if I can asking questions regarding Access in this foru or not, but hopefully can get some answers. In my Access form, I want to create 2 list box where the first list bo with 3 sections (morning, afternoon, evening) and the second list box i for the time(7-8am, 8-9am, 9-10am, 10-11am, 11-12pm, 12-1pm,.......). So, when the user choose "morning" under the sections list box, the the choices he has to choose from are 7-8, 8-9, 9-10, 10-11am. Afte the time is chose, some information related are displayed out. How thi can be done :confused: ? I hope someone...

Filter Combo boxes using Visual Basic
I am trying to apply a filter to my combo box using Visual Basic in Access 2007. The ultimate aim is for the combo box to update after applying a filter to the whole form using buttons - Show All or Show Current (Which is my currrent members). The form opens with the default of Show Current. I have been playing with various forms of the following. DoCmd.ApplyFilter , "current = True" & me.refresh Even if I could just get the combo box to refresh after filtering the main form with the new selection that would be great. Whatever way works. Thanks ...

Moving Exchange 2003 server to another Administrative group
Is there any issue with moving an Exchange 2003 server to another Administrative group? (cut and paste) Reason for this is that I have this test exchange 2003 server and I am restoring a database in a recovery storage group. This database store belongs to an exchange 2000 server which used to be in another Administrative group (within same exchange organisation). That Exchange 2000 server is no longer in service any more. Thanks in advance Brij Hi Brij, Unfortunatly if you intend on using Recovery Storage Groups (RSGs), the Information Store must be restored to the original server, a...

Active X text box control
I want to put a text box in a cell. I have followed all the instructions I can find and it still isn't working. I try to type in the box and then go to another cell and the text shows up in the cell behind the text box. What am I doing wrong? The Active X textbox control comes from the control toolbox. To adjust it's settings you need to put the sheet into Design mode by clicking the first button on that toolbar (looks like a triangle, pencil and ruler). Right click the text box and select Properties. Add a cell address to the Linked Cell and then Exit Desing mode. T...

Exchange 2003 Dist Group Permissions
Can anyone answer this for me... I've created a new Distribution Goup - (Universal) in Exchange 2003 and I want to allow multiple users to administer the list, I only have the option of giving manage permission to one user... Anyone know how to apply permissions to add multiple users with this level of access. ie? - Create security group and use that to manage the DG ??? you can set only one user to appear as the "manager" of the group, but on the "security" tab, you can assign "write" rights to multiple people... you cannot specity a security group...

Counting groups of exact case numbers w/letters in them.
I need to know how I can write a formula to count a very big list of numbers and return the total number of numbers that are different in the list. For example: CAH8800719 CAH8800718 CAH8800718 CAH8800717 FJG8800719 FJG8800715 CAH8800719 FJG8800715 As you can see there are 8 case numbers in this list but of those 8 there are only 5 different case numbers. So if I had a list of several hundred or thousand case numbers like the ones above, and many of them had duplicates somewhere in the list, how can I get excel to give me a total number of all the similar case numbers? I can use the ...

Pop up form meeting text box requierment
I want certain forms to pop up when certain words are entered into a sub form control text box. Example: Where the "Employee History" form has in the "situation" contorl text box the word from the list box "Accident", I want the "300 Form" to pop up and when that form is completed I want the 301 Form to pop up. All three table are linked in the Employee history table at the actionID control. Thanks in advance. You're going to have to trap the changes to the control(s) in question, evaluate them and then act accordingly. probably a case state...

how do I keep items grouped to save as a .jpg in Publisher?
I have designed an advert in Publisher using text boxes & a picture. I have grouped these but when I try to save them as a Picture in .jpg format only onetext box gets saved. How do I overcome this as I also need to save the image as a .pdf? Save the whole publication as a .jpg. File, save as, files of type, scroll down to .jpg -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "baffled32" <baffled32@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

options/ Voting / Radio buttons counting
How do I count voting buttons ? Im sending an questionaire via email and have the need for rapidly counting the responses. Thanks in advance. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements You could make sure each checkbox has an associated linked cell. Say your linked cells were in A1:A10, you could use: =countif(a1:a10,true) to find the number of checked checkboxes. ...

Outlook 2003 "sort by grouping"
Just got Office 2003 and noticed it's got a grouping sorting feature. Does anyone know if there is a way I can turn the grouping off on all my folders at once without having to go into each folder? Thanks. If you use View | Arrange By | Current View | Define Views to edit one of your views, such as Messages, the changes you make should be made to that view in all folders of that type (e.g. all Mail folders). -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In new...