Optimum file formats for import of xcel data to PDA?

I want to import an excel based file to a PDA. What is the
best format to save the parent file in, so as to optimise
the file size (or is there an optimal format?). Presently
as an excel based file the size is 4M! I can remove some
content which will reduce it - but not more than 1M to
1.5M ...

Any idea?

Don-
0
donniall (31)

Hi

It really depends how much information you want. If you only need to get the
actual data in (rather than the format too) then use CSV. This will probably
be as small as you can get.

--
Andy.

"Don Niall" <donniall@aol.com> wrote in message
> I want to import an excel based file to a PDA. What is the
> best format to save the parent file in, so as to optimise
> the file size (or is there an optimal format?). Presently
> as an excel based file the size is 4M! I can remove some
> content which will reduce it - but not more than 1M to
> 1.5M ...
>
> Any idea?
>
> Don-

0
Andy

data analyst job profile
i searched a job in sql server but i got a job as data analyst in one bpo. The work was like just copying and pasting the sql queries. I want to know is this IT related job or a bpo related. Does data analyst having any scope in IT companies Please help me out asap can anybody please tell me is there any possibility to enter in IT field with this experience > i searched a job in sql server but i got a job as data analyst in one bpo. > The work was like just copying and pasting the sql queries. > > I want to know is this IT related job or a bpo related. Does data ...

Excel data disappeared after getting message about compatibility M
I tried to save changes to a spreadsheet, and received the following message: "Compatibility Report for New Customer List.xls Run on 4/6/2010 19:52 The following features in this workbook are not supported by earlier versions of Excel. These features may be lost or degraded when you save this workbook in an earlier file format. Minor loss of fidelity Some cells or styles in this workbook contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. These formats will be converted to the closest format available." I clicked OK, because fidelity is not imp...

If I accidently replace a saved file can I retrieve the old file?
No. PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject. Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "kamabiv" <kamabiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A547F5D-AA2C-44D7-AEC7-8961A81AC4E5@microsoft.com... > ...

Split Forms
Is it at all possible to hide the Data Sheet portion of a split form at run time in 2007? The only solution I have found is to play with the SplitFormSize property, but I am afraid that it does not support different display sizes. Any suggestions ? Thanks ...

Best Practises setup with AD or File Server
Hi, We have a scenario where we are retiring out dedicated backup server. Currently we are using Symantec Backup Exec 11d. However, instead of replacing the dedicated server, their is a suggestion that I use existing servers for Backup Exec Are their known issues installing backup exec on a DC which also holds FSMO roles (PDC etc)? The other option is to install backup exec (and tape drive) on a file server which hosts the H and S drives. what do you think? I would use the file server. Presumably it is being accessed during the day when no backups are running. The b...

Best way to read in a large hierarchial XML file
First, please forgive my newness to XML. I've used it to serialize/ deserialize objects, exporting and importing datasets, and other such things that pretty much automate reading in the file. I've done extensive googling, and most examples people give are so simplistic it makes me want to cry. Most are one level deep and utilize XMLDocument or other in-memory processes, or do things like: while(reader.Read()) { //do things I'm not going to show you how to do } Needless to say, I'm frustrated. I wish I could use XMLDocument, but theoretically my input file can range from a...

How to Filter cells and save the file with certain criteria?
Hello. I have a Excel file that contains a large list of Tracking Numbers. The tracking numbers are from two sets of order types- Internet orders and Mail Orders. Orders that are from the Internet are matched up with a order number such as "5678". Orders from the mail-order side are designated by initials "MO". So in Excel it'll look something like this: trackingnumber orderid 123365656666 5467 152155896345 5468 123365634567 MO 152134567789 5469 152151234563 MO Is there a way to eliminate the Mail-Order rows and save the Excel file to ...

file send to as attachment outlook 2007
When using in word or excel command "send a copy of the document in an e-mail message as an attachment", outlook creats a new e-mail message with the document attached as it should be done. Then I add text in message body, and send the mail. It arrives only with the attachment. The text in message body disappears. This happens only if I work in outlook chache mode. My os is winXp Pro, and my server is SBS 2003. It used to work correct, until somthing happened. Any idea to solve? Thank you Zipi ...

HIGH CPU in WMP 11 playing VC-1 (1080) WMV files
I know it's going to take some CPU to process it, but the picture is stuttering and jerky, CPU abot 65% in WMP 11 XP SP3. If I render and play the same file in Graph Edit, it plays beautifully and CPU is down to the 30% mark. I have an Nvidia 8600GT with recent drivers. I know that DVXA could be a factor, I'm not sure if it's being used or not - How to tell ? Why is WMP is doing such a poor job ? Any info appreciated. On Sat, 1 May 2010 14:32:33 -0700, "Dave and Rosanna" <davexnett05@yahoo.com> wrote: >I know it's going to take some C...

Excel decimal format
from the tools menu, i clicked options, edit and "fixed decimal" to two. However, I don't want this to affect the whole worksheet, just one column. is there a way to do that? mlou wrote: > from the tools menu, i clicked options, edit and "fixed decimal" to two. > However, I don't want this to affect the whole worksheet, just one column. > is there a way to do that? Just highlight the column you want it to affect, then right click and select format cells. Bill what I really need is to be able to type in 12345 and have it show as 123.45 (without...

Conditional Formatting Equation Question
Greetings, I am trying to get a Conditional Format to do something if there is "NO" entry in A2. Any ideas as to what this formula would look like? Any help would be appreciated. TIA -Minitman =A2="NO" or, if by "NO" entry, you mean a blank cell: =A2="" HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Greetings, > >I am trying to get a Conditional Format to do something if there is >"NO" entry in A2. > >Any ideas as to what this formula would look like? > >Any help would be appreciated. > >TIA >...

Querying Excel data without another program
Hello, I'm an intermediate user of Excel, but I have lots of experience using Access. If you can give me clues on how to handle the information below using only Excel, I'd be grateful! I have a spreadsheet in Excel 97 in which there's a Worksheet named, "Datasource" with a column "B" containing repetitive data. I'd like to create a new worksheet in the same Excel file which shows a single instance of each item used in Column "B". If I were writing the query in SQL, I'd say "SELECT DISTINCT [Column B] FROM [MySpreadsheet]![Datasource...

Can I copy conditional formatting?
I have conditional formatting on some columns in my spreadsheet. I would like to put that same formatting on some rows. Is there a way to copy conditional formatting, or do I just have to enter it all over again? That would depend upon what your CF conditions are. Are you using "Cell Value is:" or "Formula is:"? Do the CF's point to entire columns or ranges? The Format PaintBrush will do a lot for you, again depending upon conditions. Can you post a few examples? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:19:12 -0400, "Laurel" <FakeMail...

Table format
Hi When I run the code below I get "External table is not in the expected format" error at line rsData.Open sSQL, sConnect, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText Option Explicit Public Sub SelectFromAccess() Dim rsData As ADODB.Recordset Dim sPath As String Dim sConnect As String Dim sSQL As String 'Clear the destination worksheet Sheets(1).UsedRange.Clear 'Get the database path (same as this workbook) sPath = ThisWorkbook.Path If Right$(sPath, 1) <> "\" Then sPath = sPath & "\" 'Create the connection s...

Synchronize data across 2 sheets
Hi all Excel 2007 Workbook with a sheet called 2010 around 700 rows/records and a sheet called Previous around 5000 rows records. Both have 31 columns and identical column headers On the 2010 sheet there are records that have changed, how do I get the changed records details onto and overwite the same record on the Previous sheet. Not sure if it would help but each record has a unique reference number. How do i do this ? Hope this makes sense thanks for any help offered Hi If you know which colums are to be changed I would use vlookup function. Vlookup(lookup valu...

Help is needed with Conditional Formatting drudgery
I am trying desperately to reduce mouse clicks (and carpal tunnel syndrome risk!) with the following problem: I have 90 SETS of three price calculations, each trio equipped with its own drop down list which determines whether certain cells should be blacked out. The calculations are distributed among 30 tabs, an average of 3 sets of calculations per each tab. I have been copying the blank forms over the different tabs and I have been manually adjusting (a) the cell links for each drop down list and (b) all the conditional format formulas (I have been using the format painter to as m...

How do I set up "format painter" in MS_Outlook ?
The format painter tool is very handy in Microsoft Office; where is it when I am editing emails in Microsoft outlook? ! Subra. Turn on the option to use Word as the message editor in = Outlook-Tools->Options->Mail Format. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Subra asked: | The format painter tool is very handy in Microsoft Office; where is | it when I am editing emails in Microsoft outlook? ! | Subra. ...

Set number format based on cell contents
I have a cell B3 which shows a Data Validation list of £ or % Having selected £ or % in B3 the user then enters a number in C3. I want to have cell C3 formatted to General if B3 = % and formatted to Currency if B3 = £. I'd really appreciate some help Thanks You need VBA for that. Paste the following macro into the sheet module for the sheet you are working on. To do that, right-click on the sheet tab, select View Code, and paste this macro into that module. Note that this macro does exactly what you asked. That is, it will change the format of C3 if you select $...

Word text copied into email loses formatting alignment
When copying a Word document (containing indented and numbered paragraphs and bullet points into an email, the left alignment of the document loses its justification. How can this be fixed? -- HK If the formatting is important, send the document as an attachment. You have no control over how the recipient sees the email. If you are concerned that the recipient might not have Word, use one of the free pdf converters to convert the document into a .pdf file. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my s...

accidently deleted file
Somehow I deleted the file MSMONEY.EXE. It seems I did prior to a restore point on my system. Is there anyway to get it back? Thanks....Inker Reinstall Money from the CD. It won't affect your data - that is kept on the *.mny file. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Inker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:072c01c3d799$f6d99a90$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Somehow I deleted the file MSMONEY.EXE. It seems I di...

Intercept file download in IWebBrowser2
I have a MFC application host a webbrowser(IWebBrowser2).Basiclly ,I hope when user click a file download url(href="test.zip"),I can intercept the download message and process it by my own download component instead of IE itself. Is it possible? Any article will be help. Adv tks. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/ext/overview/downloadmgr.asp "L.J.S" <bconline2002@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����:Oc7j%23OcAFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a MFC application host a webbrowser(IWebBrowser2).Basiclly ,I > hope ...

How to total cells in a range with data input
Greetings to all members I am running Excel 97. An office colleague presented me with an issue that might be of interest to any Excel whiz and seasoned programmers. I would certainly appreciate any pointers in solving it. So here goes. The set of values includes 33 cells ranging from B4:D14. The data type is numeric. Data is only input in a few cells. QUESTION What would be the function to enter in, say, cell A15 to indicate the total number of cells in range B4:D14 that have received data input? Or does it involve some behind the scene VBA programming? EXAMPLE B6 = 9 C9 = 4 D11 ...

Insert Data From Multiple Worksheets Into One (With Criteria)
Ok, I have created a sales report list that tracks what customers we are contacting, how we are contacting them, if they are a new or existing customer and if we sent a quote, along with some other details. There is a worksheet the salesmen fills out for each day of the month (its linked to a calendar) and that all goes into a "dashboard" that shows the breakdown with graphs. Now what i would like to do is have another worksheet list all the customers that we sent quotes to so they can mark if the quote was won or lost , state sales projections and give reasons why won ...

Starting with a new pst file
Hi, I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. How should I proceed to make this? Thanks for your help, Olivier Olivier Verdin <olivier.verdin@playcorporate.com> wrote: > I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again > with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. Assuming Outlook 2002/2003, since you didn't think it important to mention your Outlook version, click File>New>Outlook Data File, Browse to where you want the new PST (or accept the default), give it a name ...

Maintain formatting of sub project when inserted into master proje
I'm using Project 2007. I have a master project and have inserted some sub-projects into the master project. ('Link to project' was checked which is what I want.) I had applied formatting to the original sub-projects' gantt charts task bars e.g. sub-project1 task bars were green, sub-project2 task bars were red etc. I found that this formatting was lost after inserting the sub-projects into the master. The sub-projects assumed the formatting settings of the master. Is there a way to maintain sub-project formatting? Thanks -- FionaDM In article <000A42E...