opening multiple workbooks, opens in seperate program...

hi,

when i open more than 1 woorkbook at the same time, it opens a secon
icon at the bottom of my windows taskbar.

but when i go to close one of the MSexcel programs it also wants t
close the second one aswell....

previosly when i open multiple excel workbooks, it only showed on
excel program as being open on the taskbar...

can anyone give some insight into this?

thanks :

p.s i am using excell 200

Hi sokevin

Tools>Options..View
Change the Windows in taskbar option

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)

"sokevin >" <<sokevin.127dx9@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:sokevin.127dx9@excelforum-nospam.com...
> hi,
>

> when i open more than 1 woorkbook at the same time, it opens a second
> icon at the bottom of my windows taskbar.
>
> but when i go to close one of the MSexcel programs it also wants to
> close the second one aswell....
>

> previosly when i open multiple excel workbooks, it only showed one
> excel program as being open on the taskbar...
>
> can anyone give some insight into this?
>

> thanks :)
>

> ---

rondebruin (3790)
2/25/2004 10:47:31 PM
ONCE again thank you :)

does anyone know why the options in the TOOLS -> OPTIONS menu may o
changed for no reason?

if i open someone elses file, which the original user had options lik
"auto calculate" not Ticked, then if i open that file, will it the
change my options?

coz i find sometimes my options change for no reason.....

thanks :

Some of the options follow the workbook.

Some of them are application settings.

Calculation is set by the first workbook opened in that session.

And I think that some versions of excel have trouble remembering windows in
taskbar after you open a shared workbook.

"sokevin <" wrote:

> ONCE again thank you :)
>
> does anyone know why the options in the TOOLS -> OPTIONS menu may of
> changed for no reason?
>
> if i open someone elses file, which the original user had options like
> "auto calculate" not Ticked, then if i open that file, will it then
> change my options?
>
> coz i find sometimes my options change for no reason.....
>
> thanks :)
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Shared workbook strange files
We have a shared xls with the following properties: * Allow changes by more than one user at the same time * Keep change history for 30 days * Update changes when the file is saved * Ask me which changes win What we have at the moment in the directory where this file is situated, is all strange kinds of files, i.e. D4FFA000 FFCD2000 The extension on these file types just shows "File", and when I open them the content seems to be the same as that of the XLS file. Any ideas/suggestions appreciated. By the way, will it make much of a difference that we use Excel 2003/2002/2000 on ...

Protection Macro Causes All Workbooks to Be Locked
I've posted this before, just forgot the answer...sorry. One of our programmers created a macro to prevent insert option, save as option etc. for a specific workbook. The macro has, however, now infected all workbooks. Even if you create a brand new workbook, all of these options are grayed out. I know there is a reset code. Could someone share it with me. Thanks. On Apr 24, 3:32=A0am, JG <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've posted this before, just forgot the answer...sorry. > > One of our programmers created a macro to prevent insert opti...

Shared Workbook & hyperlinks
Why will excel not allow me to set up a hyperlink while a workbook is being shared? I have to stop sharing the notebook and insert a hyperlink in order to get one in. I think you'll have to ask Microsoft if you really want an answer. It's just one of the many (documented) features that is not available in a shared workbook. Mhill@classic wrote: > > Why will excel not allow me to set up a hyperlink while a workbook is being > shared? I have to stop sharing the notebook and insert a hyperlink in order > to get one in. -- Dave Peterson I noticed it in the help sectio...

The "Open" statement
I'm struggling with the syntax of the open statement, the helpfile states it as -Open pathname For mode [Access access] [lock] As [#]filenumber [Len=reclength]- I know this makes me look thick but I've tried various things that have all failed, can someone give me an example of how this would look for a file named "carrier" that I wanted to input to as the mode? -- carl0s66 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ carl0s66's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16620 View this thread: http://www.exce...

stop excel 2002 from opening a new workbook each time a new spreadsheet is opened
I can not figure out how to just have one instance of excel opened and then open a new spreadsheet and not have it open a new workbook and fill up my start bar with multiple instances of excel Can anyone help me out with this I would like to just be able to open excel and have only one instance of excel in the start bar even if I start a new workbook or open other exsisting workbooks I am using excel 2002 (XP) with windows XP pro Thanks in advance If you have "Windows in Taskbar" selected under Tools, Options, View it may look like multiple instances. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Change currency decimal places on items with open transactions
We've recently implemented POP in GP 8.0, and as a result, we need to increase the number of decimal places for currency. I've managed to correct the settings for everything except for the 1,000s of existing inventory items we have. When I try to run the change decimals utility, I get an error saying I can't run the process during posting (nobody's posting, BTW). Knowledge Base notes that you can't change the decimal places for items on open transactions. Has anyone found a workaround for this? Thanks, Barbara ...

sending multiple emails
I've designed an email newsletter using Publisher 2003 and I've also used the "email" feature on the toolbar to send it to a recipient. Is there a way that I can send it to multiple addresses without each recipient seeing the mailing list. I know there are services that handle such things but I'd like to do it directly from Publisher. Thank you Bcc Bcc is shorthand for Blind carbon copy. If you add a recipient's name to this box in a mail message, a copy of the message is sent to that recipient, and the recipient's name is not visible to other recipients of...

Hosting multiple mail domains on Exchange 2003
I want to host multiple email domains on my Exchange 2003 server, do I need to do anything else except update my recipient policy, do I need to createa second smtp virtual server? Also my it says my default policy is lowest and when I created a new policy it gace it a priority of 1, does that mean it is higher or lower, I am thinking higher. Thanks Hi try this article http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TransnRouting/063ed1f8-d0ad-4bc6-bdb3-d45600948037.mspx "John McCoy" <JohnMcCoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BC884...

Can't open word documents sent as e-mail attachments
Anyone else have this problem? When I try to open a .doc file sent as an e-mail attachment I get an error message that says "this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel." I've gone in and checked and all my associations are set correctly, but the only way I can open the file is if I save it to my hard drive and then open it from there. Any help would be appreciated. I am using Windows Mail in Vista on my inspiron 1525 laptop. Verizon is my ISP. go on ur inte...

I need to learn how do do excel workbooks, how do I take an onlin.
I have an interview on Monday and need to learn how to create and manage an excel workbook. I am a total novice where excel is concerned. I have looked on the microsoft training website and whereas there seems to be a lot of information on training, I can't appear to find how you begin one of these courses. Please help! http://www.mrexcel.com http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html http://www.decisionmodels.com/linkssites.htm http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search? q=group:*excel* >-----Original Message----- >I have an interview on Monday and need to learn how to ...

Transfer Multiple Orders
Strangely, I can't seem to locate the Sales Multiple Orders to Invoices Transfer window from Transactions > Sales > Transfer Multiple Orders. We are on GP 10.0 Advanced Management. The Transfer Multiple Orders options is missing! Any clues? Hi BinAdam, Check your Registration and make sure Advanced Distribution is registered. Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > Registration. Kind regards, Leslie "BinAdam" wrote: > Strangely, I can't seem to locate the Sales Multiple Orders to > Invoices Transfer window from Tran...

Joining multiple publisher files
I have eight files which are in A5 leaflet form. That is four pages to a two sided A4. Can I put these files into one file and join them together in order to make one booklet of eight sheets of A4? Anyone know how to do this? John Bland Copy and Paste... "John Bland" <johnbland@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:O5XxoqzqIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have eight files which are in A5 leaflet form. That is four pages to a >two sided A4. Can I put these files into one file and join them together >in order to make one booklet of eight sheets of A4? Any...

Copying multiple rows from different spreadsheet based on a logic
Dear Friends, Need your help in the following : Here is my requirement: I have a worksheet which has columns 1,3,6,8. Which has few rows with a unique values in column 1. I get a spreadsheet everyday with columns 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. I need to insert new rows with only columns 1,3,6,8. I need a button using which I should be able to update. It would be great if the macro gives me an option of selecting the file. Thanks in advance. You might try hiding the undesired columns>f5 visible cells only>copy/paste. Or a macro. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com...

I cannot open a .eml file in Windows Mail
How do I open this type file ? I can not save and reopen with another program. I have seen something at Microsoft about a fix for outlook express 5.5 2003 but it does match my vista . Thank you Karen "Chuck & Karen" <ckdeer@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:9E0A8BF3-E094-4785-8EE6-D562BE5AB1D7@microsoft.com... > How do I open this type file ? I can not save and reopen with another > program. I have seen something at Microsoft about a fix for outlook > express 5.5 2003 but it does match my vista . > > Thank you > Karen...

Multiple detail areas in one report
We are creating a database which uses several forms to input data into a Master_Data table. There are several categories for the data ex: Full Service Driver, Trade Driver, Misc Receipts, Misc Payouts. I need a report that breaks these categories out in detail like so: Cashier Driver# Driver Name Full Service Checks Full Service Currency Full Service Coin Subtotal Cashier Driver# Driver Name Trade Checks Trade Currency Trade Coin ...

cannot open default email folders. information store cannot be ope
i have deleted and reconfigured my profile more than once but Outlook will not open. I can access my mail online through Cox but it does not contain my personal folders or all of my emails. I am using Vista and Outlook 2007. thank you. Have you inadvertently configured your mail account to connect to an Exchange server? "jnormandin" <jnormandin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8E95224-8BAD-4B79-9CED-B673D68D16DF@microsoft.com... > i have deleted and reconfigured my profile more than once but Outlook will > not open. I can access my mail onl...

Opening Publisher documents within Windows 7.
I would like to move numerous documents created in Publisher 2002 on a computer running XP, to a new computer running Windows 7. Can I install Pub. 2002 on the new computer in order to do this? If it is necessary or desirable to upgrade to Pub. 10 (or later if such exists), will that run on Windows 7 ? Any advice would be welcome. -- jonathome This forum discusses Office XP and Windows 7. Have you tried installing Publisher into its own folder? I understand Windows 7 has a very good compatibility mode. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7programs/thread/9b6...

Can't open files from outside Excel
I am running Windowns XP home with Office 2000. Suddenly the progra will not allow me to open files from outside Excel. If I go to Window Explorer and click on a particular file to open it, the error messag says the system cannot locate the file. I then have to open excel an find the file through the program to be able to open it. Same problemn if I receive an excel sheet in an email. I have to firs save the file to some folder and then open it by first opening Excel an looking for the file. I have downloaded the latest update but I am unable to install thes because my licence disks a...

Cannot read Chinese characters in some programs
I have re-installed Windows XP on my desktop recently and now I cannot read Chinese characters in some programs. I have already installed the East Asian languages files under the "Regional and language options" as well as setting the "Language for non-Unicode programs" to Chinese(PRC). I have many Chinese fonts installed on my desktop. I have also added Chinese in the "Language preference" in Internet Explorer. Still, there are some programs and some websites that I cannot read the Chinese characters properly. Please help. Andrew -- Abba1091 -...

removing hypens to make phone No. for another program
All my phone numbers are hypenated (555-555-555) I want to upload m numbers to a fax machine that wants it like this (555555555) How can I do it? I am using excel 2000. Your help on this would be greatly appreciated or I'm forced t re-write thousands of numbers. Thanks Jod -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jody, Assuming that they are text and not numbers =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","") --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www....

Notes not opening in V3.0
Is anyone else having the problem where if you have note that is rather long, you aren't able to double click to open it? not seen this one despite having created some long notes. Perhaps you can produce a sample note with lines of text like 1234567890123456789012345678901234567890 1234567890123456789012345678901234567890 so we can see it. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31922941-8542-4D42-B3C6-7443EAF5EE76@microsoft.com... > Is anyo...

Opening and Reading the locked files
Hi I need to backup some of the locked files. I have tried many ways to call CreateFile but it fails either by giving sharing violation or Access Denied. I have backup and restore privilege. ...

Totalling seperate cells from a HLOOKUP function
is it possible to sum the product of 2 or more cells, 1 cell being the result of a HLOOKUP function, without creating a third cell for individual results? Here is my problem: Row A contains a list of different locations Row B contains wether the delivery has failed or completed Row C contains the quantity of items on Invoice Is there a formula I can use to have the total quantity from all of the failed deliveries for that day? As the failed delivery locations may vary from day to day, I cannot just total those cells from each location I have tried this formula, but it re...

pivot table based on 4 others (in seperate workbooks)?
basically I have aspreadsheet for each week with people and hours in them, and in each weekly spreadsheet i have a pivot table which adds up and summarises the hours for the people for that week. What I need to do is get a pivottable which adds together those 4 pivot tables to give me the same summary, but for all 4 weeks together. I dont seem to be able to make a pivot table based on 4 pivot tables in other workbooks, so can anyone suggest the way to solve this? thanks -- neowok ------------------------------------------------------------------------ neowok's Profile: http://www.e...

Formula fill across workbooks
I have been trying to get the formula fill to work across workbooks, but all it does is copy the cells I am using as a start point. My data source is nine cell on one work book (1 - 9), and I did a simple =[Book1]Sheet1!$A$1 in the first cell o fwork book 2, followed by =[Book1]Sheet1!$A$2 and =[Book1]Sheet1!$A$3 in the next two cells. It worked fine for the first three cell, but when I tried to use the formula fill all it did was copy the original three cells. What am I missing? You have too many $ signs. =[Book1]Sheet1!$A$1 Change to =[Book1]Sheet1!$A1 and drag/copy...