Opening file question

When opening a file direct from my documents excel opens
but the sheet does not get displayed. Although if you then
click print preview the content of the sheet is there.
Tried opening excel and then opening file and this works
fine. Not a major problem but annoying.

Any one shed any light?

Cheers,
Ash.

I think xl is trying to help you.

Excel wants to keep the window settings the same way as they were previously.

If you saved your workbook in less than a full window, then the next time you
open it (via double clicking with no existing xl instance running), it will open
it the same window--not full screen.

If you saved as a full window, then under those same conditions, you'll get full
screen.

But if excel is already running, it'll open (file|open) the workbook to match
what you're currently doing.

If you're in full screen mode, you'll get full screen--if you're in less than
full screen, you'll get a window.

And coincidentally, you're being hit by having the window open off the visible
screen.

The easiest thing to do no matter what you get is to set it the way you want
after opening.

Window|Arrange|Tiled
and resize the way you want it.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

2 Questions
Hi I run Win 2K with Excel 2K Question 1 I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file. The code is as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column <> 12 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when opening the file) Can someone tell ...

Pivot Table Question #15
Hey all, Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so Month Pallet# BoxesPur BoxesSold Price Frt Gross Net Jan 1 5 1.0 ..3 Formula Formula 2 5 2.0 .5 3 10 3 .15 Jan Total 10 10 6.0 ..95 So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way...

automatically naming files for savingb

Mock question?
Hi all Not sure if this is the right group, I am happyo to repost to correct group if I know what that is! but in the mean time - here goes I am using NMock2 and I have question. I have the following interface: public interface ITime { int Hour { get; } } and the following weather service: public class WeatherService:ITime { public string GetTodaysWeather() { if (Hour >= 0 && Hour <= 6) { return "Sunny"; } else if (Hour >= 7 &&...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

Failed to open mmf error appears
A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. What could be triggering this error. What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? EllenB wrote: > A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn > mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. > > > What could be triggering this error. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? > >EllenB wrote: >> A pop up window appears with the message 'fail...

Installation question 06-05-07
I have one server with sql2005 running MOSS 2007 (sharepoint) I would like that sql server also to run CRM dynamics 3.0 pro. We are only 5 users and its a rather fast server so we believe it will go fine performance vice. Can I install SRS from the crm3 disk on a SQL2005 ? does it NEED default website and port 80 ? (the MOSS are using that) any help appreciated Hello, I suggest install SQLServer 2005 Reporting Services (SRS) manually using the SQLServer 2005 installation media. Configure SRS to use a different (new) website, having its own application pool. Then during CRM setup speci...

Deleted file in Outlook
I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it possible to retreive it. Thank you, Karl youthminman@yahoo.com <youthminman@yahoo.com> wrote: > I accidentaly deleted a folder in Outlook 2003 and am wondering if it > possible to retreive it. Unless you permanently deleted it (i.e., held down Shift when pressing Delete), it will be in your Deleted items folder, unless you've emptied that folder. If you have emptied it, other suggestions depend on knowing what data store you're using (PST or Exchange mailbox). -- Brian Tillman ...

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

Pivot table Data field question
I create a pivot table from three columns of data, using the Wizard.In the Layout dialogue, I drag one of my fields to the Rows; I drag anther field to the Columns. I need to drag a third field to the Data area. There's no conflict there, each Data cell of the resulting matrix would be unique. Excel doesn't let me do this. It insists on using a calculation, e.g. Sum of [field3], Count of [field3], etc. How do I convince Excel to insert just the value of Field3 in the Data? -- Regards Gershon Shamay The field you drag to the data area will always be summarized. However, if the v...

Can't open html format email in outlook xp
Dear all , I can't open and create html format emails in outlook XP . I think I lost some html and RTF components , I tried to reinstall the outlook xp and selected all the related options , but still can't work. Could anyone help me to solve the problem? Thank in advance Stanley ...

XML File Converter for MS 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I'm a high school teacher. I write power points on MS 2004 on my Mac and transfer them to my school's PC that has MS 2003. This worked great, with exception of minor formatting changes, until a month ago. Power points that I previously opened on that PC, along with new ones, would not open - this is disasterous for instruction. My tech says 1) the school's PC may have had updates that caused the new problem and 2) that I should install the Open XML File Converter for Mac's MS 2004. I'm concerned tha...

how do I transfer file from Clipboard to an e-mail message
How do I transfer a file from Outlook clipboard or C drive to the body of an e-mail message NOT as an attachment. thanks you would need to open the file and copy the contents. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOF...

Transferring files to a new computer
Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP with MSFT Small Biz. I was running Windows 98 and using Outlook 2000. Now I want to copy all my old emails, folders, addresses etc. into the new version of Outlook 2003 but I can't seem to find it. It's not recognizing my saved files as .PST files. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, daviskho "daviskho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052801c3dbb0$e46e5970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP > with MSFT Small Biz. ...

Outlook 2003 w/ Business Contact Manager question
We recently upgraded our Outlook to 2003 and are interested in adding in the Business Contact Manager software. My question is this: We DO NOT have a server, can Business Contact Manager be shared? I know that Outlook 2003 has a way that you can share schedules over a Free/Busy service that Microsoft offers for free. Can this be done with Business Contact Manager? HELP!! To my knowledge a BCM database can't be shared at this point. BCM does have its own newsgroup at: microsoft.public.outlook.bcm. -- Guy Lapierre www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com "Dawn" <anon...

Too large to send, yet the file gets saved.
I noticed that a user's mailbox grew from 100KB to 400KB in a few days. This got my attention. I pokjed around and found that he had tried to zip a really big file and send it to his AOL account. (we won't talk about what was in that single file that would not compress al that well :-) ) The file was 161MB (obviously this is larger than global message delivery default) and it was in both his sent items and found in the bounce-back message from the system administrator: This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter messa...

Capital One giving me corrupt Money import files
Money is saying the files I get from Capital One credit card are corrupt. Some months import fine, while others I get an error. I try to get support from Capital One, but they keep giving me the runaround. Anything I can do with Money to get this to work? I have about 50 transactions a month and rather not input these manually! -Max Max, The problem is that there's a character in the statement you're getting from Capital One that Money is choking on. I've run in to the same issue...save the statement from Capital One to your hard drive and edit it by hand. Search for &qu...

Opening multiple workbooks through code and copying values
Help! the following code 'kinda sorta' does what I want, but it has 3 problems. 1. Instead of going on to the next file if the file doesn't exist, it pastes the data from the previous file. 2. It closes the workbook into which I am compiling data instead of just the ones I am copying from. 3. Everytime it closes a file, it asks the question about 'large amounts of data in the clipboard.' Thanks, Pam Here is the code: Private Sub cmdCreate_Click() On Error GoTo Report_Err Dim myPath As String Dim myReport As Object Dim mySheet As String Dim myRow As Integer Dim x...

jpg files
I have had several users experiencing problems opening pictures from Outlook 2000. Their O/S is XP Pro. Any ideas? Thank You, Jamie ...