Opening Excel Workbooks

I'm running into an issue where if I click on an Excel
file through My Documents, it doesn't automatically bring
it up.

I get the toolbar but the actual spreadsheet doesn't
appear on the screen.  I have to click on the taskbar to
get it to pop up.

If I already have Excel active and I open a file through
Excel, this doesn't happen.

Any ideas?
0
anonymous (74722)

Here is a similar thread:

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=237195

Rolli

Hi,

Take a look at Tools-Options-General tab- uncheck ignore
other applications??

jeff

0
anonymous (74722)
7/15/2004 6:30:08 PM
Thank you!

0
anonymous (74722)

Percent increase in excel #2
How could I do a percent increase when I have two tables with money values, one from last year and one from this year? One way: A1: <last year's value> B1: <this year's value> C1: =B1/A1-1 Format C1 as a percentage. In article <29182E64-291B-4B10-804E-88FE105D24AB@microsoft.com>, "Aiko" <Aiko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How could I do a percent increase when I have two tables with money values, > one from last year and one from this year? Thank you for your answer, I send you and e-mail because I came up with new pro...

shared workbook in excel 2007
So many horror stories about shared excel workbooks crashing or losing data. I would like to have a shared excel workbook for our budget, shared among 30 people, who would enter in their budgets for specific departments. Are there users that have sucessfully utilized shared workbooks with 20-30 users? If so, what tips/secrets do you have to avoid the pitfalls of other sites, who have problems??? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice How to Create a Quiz with Free Quiz Template in Adobe Flash MX, Flash 8, Flash CS3, Flash CS4 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tuto...

Pasting excel chart into powerpoint
Office 2003. When I paste an excel chart into powerpoint, it's not pasting proportionally. I've added text boxes to the chart (in Excel). Also, the original chart is a full page in Excel, however when I paste it into Powerpoint, it's being reduced in size. when I enlarge it, the text boxes (that I added) then overlap one another in powerpoint, where they didn't do this in Excel. I just switched from '97 to 2003 and this wasn't a problem. Perhaps I'll also post this to the powerpoint newsgroup, in case the problem is there instead of excel. I have so...

Outlook quitting immediately after opening #2
Outlook quitting immediately after opening Outlook quits straight after it opens. I have removed it and re-installed it but its made nodifference. I get a half second view of the inbox (which is still my original inbox which seems strange after removal and reinstallation?) -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

.qfx file in excel
my bank for some reason will only allow me to download my statement in a qfx file (quicken) but i dont have any quicken programs i use excel to manage my finances how can i open this file up??? If the bank does not have .text (.txt) or comma separated variables (.csv), which would probably be listed as spreadsheet format, then I would complain to the bank. Meanwhile you could copy and paste from your checking activity HTML pages. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: ...

Running Balance in excel pivot table
Hi, Have rows: Product, transaction no have data fields: qty rec, qty iss, balance (calculated field: qty rec - qty iss) want balance to be a running total with base field of product so want something like: ======================================================= product--------doc no-----------------rec-------------------- iss-----------------------balance ======================================================= acetic acid -------------------opnbal/ 1-----------------4----------------------0---------------------- (4-0)=4 -------------------sales/ inv-----------------0--------------------...

Cannot open pdf attachments
Outlook 2000 When I try to open a pdf attachment it does not open the reader. All I get is junk. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? Yes, check your file associations in Windows (PDF files should be associated with the Acrobat executable). TT wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > When I try to open a pdf attachment it does not open the > reader. All I get is junk. > > Is there a setting that needs to be changed? ...

Excel Formula Help #6
Hi Everyone I have six numbers and letters in a cell on a spreadsheet and I am using the formula =RIGHT(F1,1) to obtain the first letter or number. However the formula is not picking the first number or letter in the string in all cases. Some of the cells are left blank. Any help would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow > .. Some of the cells are left blank Probably these are trailing white spaces which can be cleaned up using TRIM Try it as: =RIGHT(TRIM(F1),1) High-five? Click YES below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:23,500 Files:370 S...

Unable to start up my Excel files
One of my users have this odd issue with his Excel 2003. He's unable to start the files directly but instead he must start a blank excel sheet then open his files from there. Is there a solution to this issue? Please advise. Thanks! Dell 170L P4 800mghz 1gbram Windows XP Pro SP2 Office 2003 SP2 Could the problem be that he cannot open files by double-clicking on them from Windows Explorer, but must open Excel (which will launch a blank sheet) and then open them directly from there using File / Open... If so then tell him to try Tools / Options / General / untick 'Ignore Othe...

drawing excel like grids on access reports
Hi All, I want to draw excel like grids on my access reports. The line should start from the top of each label in the page footer to the bottom of the corresponding text box in the page footer.(For each text box in the detail section, there's one unbound text box in the page footer to display totals). I don't know how to do this. can anyone please help me? -- from chanakya Baruva Can't you use rectangle or line controls in your various sections? These should work unless your sections are set to Can Grow. If this is the case, you may need to use the Line method ...

how to open up messages in seperate window?
Just switched over to outlook 2003 from outlook express. Everything is good, except how do I open up incoming messages in a seperate window? "cbeck715" <cbeck715@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29DA0005-E04E-44D5-9A36-592EE7DCAD30@microsoft.com... > Just switched over to outlook 2003 from outlook express. Everything is > good, > except how do I open up incoming messages in a seperate window? double-click on them.... ...

Problem Opening Notebooks on New Server
I have a small office and we all store and use notebooks on our server. We moved all of our data to a new server yesterday, and now when we try to open the notebooks we get a message that says: "OneNote needs a password to sync some of your notebooks", and we are unable to open the notebooks. Interestingly, if we open the notebook through a mapped drive to the location, we get the error. But, if we navigate directly to the notebook through the network, it will open with no error. We are having no other problems with this mapped drive. Thanks! ...

Form does not remain sorted alphabetically when re-opened
I'd like to know why my Form does not remain or open in alpha order. I would sort and save it but when I re-open, data is in random order. I've tried to do this with the table thinking it would help. Does anyone have an answer? Thx Sort it in the query that you use as source for the form. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "flygal5" wrote: > I'd like to know why my Form does not remain or open in alpha order. I would > sort and save it but when I re-open, data is in random order. I've tried to > do this with the table thinking it woul...

Why is Excel trying to access the network
I'm pasting some text into a cell - it did come from a website, but it's not a link or anything. It's just plain text - why the need to access the network? Maybe it's another cell, switch to formula view and see if you see something else. Because the formula view may not show everything, you might want to copy to another sheet so you can adjust columns to see your formulas better without affecting the column widths on the original. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm ...

Control of exit from a Form opened within a subroutine
A DoCmd.OpenForm statement occurs part way down my Access 2000 subroutine "Prcs". The opened form presents the user with some screen info from which he/she must decide which of the two command buttons "Continue" and "Quit" should be clicked. "Quit" sends execution control elsewhere while "Continue" is designed to continue processing within Prcs. Sub Prcs tested vb code ' Includes evaluation of "strCrit" DoCmd.OpenForm "frmShowinfo", , , strCrit more tested vb code end sub I've not found a way to stop contr...

opening .dat Accounts Receivable file in Great Plains for DOS
Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts receivable report... We think its in a .dat file but have no way of opening... This anyone know if this is possible... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Sincerely, Carmine Carmine, Can you be a little more specific? What version of GP, what report, what information? Victoria "Carmine" <Carmine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:839CC67C-A4C7-4584-8119-C40F74960573@microsoft.com... Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts ...

Excel no more new fonts
I'm getting the message "no more new fonts may be applied to this workbook". How can I get around this? Thanks. Tuan, Any chance that you have a lot of charts in the workbook? There's a limit of 256 fonts in a workbook and each chart uses up two of them. Check here for more info. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;168650 John "Tuan Ma" <tma@conocophillips.com> wrote in message news:0e5201c365f4$c036d370$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm getting the message "no more new fonts may be applied > to this workbook". How can...

I need a Macro that will open workbooks and run a different Macro.
Hello, Is there a way for a macro to open all workbooks in a folder and then run another macro? I have the 'other macro' written already, I just need a macro that will open 200 spreadsheets - (they are not in the same folder but I can move them if needed, they are in the same directory) - , one at a time, then run my macro, then save each spreadsheet. I've asked a similar question of this forum (specifically dealing with txt files - thank you Jim Cone.) and I've tried to modify that Macro so it will open *.xls files but I can get it to work. Any help with this will...

workbook in xp?
Please can you help me, i want to create a work book exell xp. But it only opens with one sheet, can i add more? thanks Phil on the toolbar>insert>worksheet "Phil" <pas.6@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:03c001c36fd7$6b6d8fe0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Please can you help me, i want to create a work book > exell xp. But it only opens with one sheet, can i add > more? > > thanks > Phil You can add sheets easily by pressing ctrl and dragging the tab for the sheet at the bottom. That makes a copy. You can also right-click a tab and choose insert ...

Set color for chart serie in excel 2007/2010
Hi! I want to do a macro that sets the color for the chart series to the color the company has desided to use. We have a theme but we can only set color for the first 6 series and we often use much more series. I have understod that this isnt so easy as to loop thru the series and set the color since the color is set on different ways depending on the charttype for the serie, or is it a way to do this so it works for all chart types? thanks As you say only six basic colours are available. However each subsequent set of six is a shade lighter, although each incremental differe...

How can I print page 2 of each sheet in a workbook?
If I understand your request, the first point to clarify is that "each sheet" does not have a page 2 - If there are 10 sheets & each one contains 2 pages of data, each page is still sequentially numbered 1-20. One option is to select the area to be printed on each sheet and go to File>Print Area>Set Print Area. Once you do this for each sheet, go to the Print dialog box and select Entire Workbook. HTH |:>) "sflower" wrote: > ...

Excel charts into powerpoint
Is there some simple code that I can use to get a group of excel charts into an existing powerpoint presentation? ...

Excel 2002 Problem
My first message accidentally sent before I finished typing in the second problem. Second problem again: Macro buttons that I have created and placed on my Formatting toolbar do not work when I open Excel 2002 and have two or more workbooks open. The macros for each button are stored in my Personal workbook. I get a message saying "A document with the name PERSONAL.XLS is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name." However, if I go to customize toolbars, I can reassign the macro to each button and the buttons work fine. If I close Excel and open ...

Virus in Excel ???
I can't right click, copy and paste a cell. I can use ctrl c and ctrl v but that puts the info in the clipboard. The blinking dotted box no longer appears. Is this in a worksheet of yours, that nobody else has used? There is a way to use VBA code to prevent you from using right click to do anything. tod >-----Original Message----- >I can't right click, copy and paste a cell. I can use ctrl c and ctrl v but >that puts the info in the clipboard. The blinking dotted box no longer >appears. >. > Yes a new worksheet. The right click works. I can copy but when ...

Sorting subtotaled amounts in excel
I have subtotaled a spreadsheet and now wish to sort by the subtotals. I have tried collapsing the outline so that I only see the subtotaled amounts and then sorting Z->A but I still get the message: "This removes the subtotals and sorts again. If you want to sort the subtotaled groups, choose the Cancel button; then collapse the outline and try again". Any suggestions? Thanks. Hi, Possibly your answer is in this post : http://tinyurl.com/zfmky HTH Carim -- Carim ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Carim's Profile: http://www.exc...