Opening and Closing Programs or Files May Be Slow

I am using Excel 2002 and it takes a minute or two to open
spreadsheets.  Is there a way to increase the load time?
I am also seeing my spreadsheet toggle in size, there are
three users with different versions of Excel; XP,97&2002.
the size of the file may go from 20mbs to 6mbs. What is
the cause for this??

Thank you.

Money cannot locate file...
I purchased a new computer with Money 2003 pre-loaded. I am running 2001 on the old computer which also came pre- loaded. When I attempt to run the old money file in the 2003 program, I get the message: Money cannot locate the file C:\My Money.mny or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read only file or you do not have permission to change it or the disk drive is write protected. It goes on to say I should make sure no one else is using it. I am certain the file is not protected, I am logged on as administrator, and I have copied the file using the LAN and a CD into numerous direc...

Insert file name into header
I need a macro or something that automatically insert the file name of the excel file into the header or footer, does not matter which, i dont need the directory path. Either this or automatically insert into the header or footer the contents of a specific cell in the worksheet. the cell address will never change., if i create a new worksheet, same cell address needs to go into the header thanks pat Try here: http://www.mrexcel.com/tip055.shtml best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Patrick" <Patrick@di...

Can't delete Outlook 2002 restored data files
My Windows XP Pro system crashed due to a hardware failure, and I had to restore my data once I reloaded a clean copy of Windows XP. I restored my Outlook data (PST files) to my D: drive thinking that I didn't want to overlay the current PST file, and would just import the data for it afterwards. I have managed to copy the data into my current Outlook PST file, but now I can't delete the folder structure that was created by my restore operation (i.e., "Documents and Settings" folder on D: drive) with all of its subfolders. I receive the error, "Cannot delete Ou...

Unable to open Inbox after Upgrade to Outlook XP 2002
I recently upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook XP 2002. However, now I am unable to view messages in the Inbox. I receive the following error message when clicking on the Inbox: "Unable to display the folder. Can't find this file. Make sure the path and file name are correct." What went wrong here? What do I need to do to correct this problem? Thanks. Frank El Paso, Texas Check out the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170344 "Frank Fowlkes" <carnage_79913@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OJmKH$LoDHA.3700...

Creating records in one file whilst editing another file
I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee file. Each time a record is changed I would like to create an audit record in a separate file. I do not need any input from the user when creating the record as all the information is implied (date, time, user, before and after values etc.) I would be interested to know what people think the easiest way to do this would be...?? All opinions welcome - the more the merrier. Thanks, Jon. 88Caddy wrote: >I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee >file. Each time a record is changed I would ...

I can not save or open the accessory from the email.
���� MIME ��ʽ�Ķ෽�ʼ��� ------=_NextPart_000_0052_01CB17A4.ED7B5770 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="gb2312"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit -- Best Regard Best Regard. Liu Yong CoslBoss Senior Toolpusher T:+86 022-25802531 M:+86 13602086743 ------=_NextPart_000_0052_01CB17A4.ED7B5770 Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="problem.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="problem.jpg" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQEAYABgAAD/2wBDAAgGBgcGBQgHBwcJCQgKDBQNDAsLDBkSEw8UHRofH...

Painfully slow lag times in Newsletter Templates

How to go back from 350 worksheet to the first worksheet in 1 file
Hi.. i hv 1 question to ask. Assume that i have more than 200 worksheet into 1 excel file, so imaging that i need to go back to the first worksheet from 350 page. So how should i do? Can i add the button like 'GO BACK TO FIRST PAGE' inside the 350 page, so when i click that button, it will go back to the first page, or any better suggesstion? Thanks in advanced. Regards, Wilmos Lee Hi try right-clicking with your mosue on the sheet navigation buttons in the lower left corner of your workbook. This should open a list of all your worksheets -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

returning to file previously worked on after closing it.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Appleworks, whenever I returned to the file I had been using (eg the manuscript I had been working on) the last page I had been editing would open up. But in Word, it always opens at the first page of the document and i have to scroll down many pages to reach the page I had been last working on. <br> Is there a short cut? A couple of the simplest & most direct solutions: Once the file opens key Command+End. If using a laptop or compact keyboard you may need to use the fn key along with that. ...

open up excel in quattro pro?
I received an .xls spreadsheet. I don't have excel. Can I open it using quattro pro? DO I change the extension to .qpw? How do I open it? Never mind ladies and gents - I tried it and it worked. I got impatient. Sorry for any inconvenience. Zhawk "zhawk" wrote: > I received an .xls spreadsheet. I don't have excel. Can I open it using > quattro pro? DO I change the extension to .qpw? How do I open it? ...

Open to Outlook Today?
When opening Outlook, it will no longer open to Outlook Today even though I have the appropriate box checked. It always opens to the in box. I have saved changes with the correct box checked however it will always open to the in box rather than Outlook Today. I have WindowsXP and MS Office XP. Thanks for any suggestions. "Phantom of the Bosque" <BosquePhantom@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cok2c.44968$lS1.22467@fe2.texas.rr.com... > When opening Outlook, it will no longer open to Outlook Today even though I > have the appropriate box checked. It always opens to...

Making the ReplaceSel "act" like a typical Windows Program.
Hello, Here's something I would really like to get working. If I run this code, It works as far as adding it to the window. It scrolls nicely upon adding. But try and scroll back after it's been added and it falls apart. The Global::g_bdraw is a boolean thats been added because ReplaceSel will "paint" until the program crashes the system!? I'm using CEditView. I invoke the painting with InvalidateRect and UpdateWindow. void CMyView::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting if( Global::g_bdraw ) { // Paint only when asked. ...

excel e-mail file
i rcvd an e-mail with an excel doc. attach. i do not have microsoft excel on my computer. is there any other program that will open an excel doc. >-----Original Message----- >i rcvd an e-mail with an excel doc. attach. >i do not have microsoft excel on my computer. >is there any other program that will open an excel doc. >. >never mind, i was able to open it with microsoft access. Hi there is a free Excel viewer available at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA- 4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN HTH Frank anonymous@discussions.m...

How do I open a specific worksheet using windows exp...
We use a home software at work to manage our shop maintenance actions and sometimes, we attach an excel workbook to compile data. We can also print the Excel workbook automatically when we print the desired maintenance action. It then prints the workbook in it's last configuration (most of the time, the wrong worksheet). I want to add a command to the link in the home software so that the Excel workbook always opens on the correct worksheet. The links in the home software act exactly the same as if you type an address in windows explorer. More precisely I want to open the workshee...

receiving mdb files
I have Outlook 2000. I also have someone that needs to regularly send me Access mdb files, but Outlook 2000 is blocking them; how do I get Outlook 2000 to NOT DO THAT? : } "Lisa Simpson" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OsvVaR$9EHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have Outlook 2000. I also have someone that needs to regularly send >me > Access mdb files, but Outlook 2000 is blocking them; how do I get > Outlook > 2000 to NOT DO THAT? : } > > Tell your sender to rename the file to <filename>.mdx (or whatever extension you like that...

Publsher cannot open the file
I created a calendar in publisher and tried to open it today to update it. I keep getting the above message. I have tried the following 1. Turning off Norton Anti-Virus 2. Opening the file on 3 different computers, one of which is not running Norton 3. Opening the file in Safe Mode Nothing is working! I have several graphics embedded in the publication - all from microsoft. I really don't want to waste another day redoing the entire publication. Any suggestions? cslviola wrote: > I created a calendar in publisher and tried to open it > today to update it. I keep getting th...

Outlook slow or hangs
I have a user that has outlook 2000 on her pc and she had an email stuck in the outbox since yesterday. I created a new pst file and imported all her emails into the new pst file. But now her outlook is very slow to change screens when you click on another email. Also the Mapisp32.exe is at 99% of the processor time. Any clues to why this would be happening Rename that dll, run fixmapi and reinstall the software "Marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17a701c3fbe4$a7a883e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a user that has outlook 2000 on her...

Problem Opening Files #2
When an attempt to open an Exel file by double clicking on the file icon in Windows Explorer the Exel window opens (without any workbook present) and the following error message is displayed: "Cannot find the file 'C:\***.XLS (or one of its components) Make sure the path (... etc)" The file can be opened by using the open command within Exel. This problem first appeared while running MS Office under Windows 98 but has persisted since upgrading to Windows 2000 Professional. I have tried Windows update and repairing the program automatically from 'ADD / REMOVE PROGRA...

how can I close a shape that I created?
how can I close a shape that I created? How did you create the shape and what do you mean by close. Is this to create a closed loop shape so that it can be filled? You can open the shape sheet and enter a row at the end of the geometry section that refers to the first row in the geometry section. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://visio.mvps.org/VBA.htm Visio Wishlist http://visio.mvps.org/wish_list.htm "Mig" <Mig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F87ED70-A36D-4368-868A-2ADEEC4...

ost files
We have people that use Outlook 2003 with an Exchange account. The Exchange acounts are hosted by our ISP. I want to know what is the best practice to backup et restore the Outlook 2003 files with an Exchange account. Let say a user has accidently deleted a folder in the Inbox and I want to restore it. With an Exchage account, the outlook file format is ost. Can I backup and resotre juste the ost file. Thanks for your response -- Shidewa Assuming that the Exchange application service provider has deleted item retention turned on, you should be able to use the dumpsteralwayson registry ...

How do I save multiple messages as text file?
When I select multiple messages -> file -> save as text file. Only the headers of the messages are saved and not the bodies. In Outlook 2003, how do I save the bodies also? Thanks. ...

There may be a simple answer ...
Like everyone, I frequently do a spreadsheet with formulas. A typical, simple case would be several columns (J,K,L)totaled in another column (M), and a running total in column (N). These could be invoices, for example, and column (A) would be successive invoice numbers. I may have cases where two invoices erroneously had the same number, so one was renamed (10582 becomes 10582b). I am currently setting up a spreadsheet where invoices are being so inputted from a prior manual system. I initially set up the sheet with successive invoice numbers in the first column. If I need to add a rene...

Hyperlink opens to IE home page rather than actual link
Affecting Outlook 2003, Windows XP SP3: Several users are attempting to follow a link embedded in Outlook. After clicking the link, they are prompted to "Locate link browser". They can browse to the IE executable without problems. If they try to follow the link again, IE will open to their home page, but not to the link itself. Further, if they hover over the link it states "blocked::yadayadayada" Any ideas? lisansaunders wrote: > Affecting Outlook 2003, Windows XP SP3: Several users are attempting to > follow a link embedded in Outlook. After c...

"Could not open item. Try again" error message when adding a category to a mail
Hi all, We're using a shared mailbox for our support team. Each of us has a specific color (category) and we mark all incoming mail with our color to have a quick view of which mail are handled or not. In some cases (randomly, mostly when we are at the office, rarely during the night when nobody works) we get the "Could not open item. Try again" error message when we click on the category box next to the message in the message list. In this case, when we open the mail and add the catetgory then escape, it works just fine... So we can add the category, but sometimes we h...

How copy several sheets from one Excel file to another excel file?
Hi! I would like to copy several sheets from one Excel file to another excel file. Is there any easy way to do that instead of copying one at a time. Is it also possible the sheet name is automatically copied? Please advise, Aijun. -- Ai_Jun_Zhang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ai_Jun_Zhang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389219 Select first sheet then hold CRTL key while selecting other sheets one at a time or hold SHIFT key...