Opening a new instance of Excel

I am using multiple monitors for work and it is great! Is
there a setting that I can use so that it opens each new
excel file in a new excel window so I can drag different
ones to each monitor? Is there a similar setting for Word?

I am using Excel 2002 and Word 2002.

Thank you.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi,
Yes, you can check the Windows in Taskbar checkbox in
Tools; Options.  This is on the View tab for both Word
and Excel.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/5/2004 8:50:06 PM
HI,
Is it applicable to Excel / Word 97 also as i cannot find
the option mentioned by you.

Thanks
Sri

0
anonymous (74722)
1/6/2004 11:10:07 AM
Windows in Taskbar was added in xl2k.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
>That's not quite what I'm looking for. I need Excel
itself to open multiple times so that I can have one
worksheet on one monitor and another on the other monitor.
Is this possible to set up? So far the only way to do it
is to open Excel and then click File Open for the first
worksheet then open Excel again and click File Open for
the next worksheet and so on. I can't do it by clicking on
a shortcut to a spreadsheet.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/7/2004 4:24:44 PM
This is one of the suggested fixes when people want to stop multiple instances
of excel:

An alternative might be to do:
Try Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

So you might want to check that option to see if that helps you.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Protection of check boxes in excel 2002
Hi I have a form set up in excel with check boxes, and I wish to protect the sheet but allow users to be able to select and deselect the check boxes. When I protect the sheet and then use the sheet, an error mesage lets you know the sheet is protected and read only, I have tried in format control for the check box to deselect the locked option and lock text option. Its bound to be simple but help is always welcome. Try unlocking the cells that are linked to the checkboxes. You can hide the columns/rows that contain the link (or move them to another (hidden???) worksheet. Newbeetle wrote...

Excel Help Please quick question
i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell says a certain thing. eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change to "yes" Is this possible Thanks In Cell D6 put this formula =3DIF(D6=3D"blue","yes","") On Nov 15, 7:13=A0pm, Tom Jacques <Tom Jacq...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell sa= ys a > certain thing. > > eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change t...

Excel 2007 error when opening program
"The INI file containing the temp chart file name could not be found" What does this mean and how can it be corrected. Recently upgraded from 2003 to 2007 ...

How do I add a floating text box in Excel?
I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to the end of the spreadsheet. How can I create a floating text box in Excel and include totals of certain cells from the same worksheet? MS has lots of templates at: http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/TemplateGallery And there's always google! Prashant wrote: > > I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain > things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to > the...

force Excel to treat numbers as text
Sorry I searched this and no one seems to have a solution. I trie pre-defiming columns as text but it gets over-riden by the paste. Past Special doesn't do the trick.. paste special as text on tabular data coming from a web site puts mos of the data in the first column. It no longer spreads the columns o pasted data into its own excel columns the tabular data, tab delimited, I want to 'copy&paste' looks lik this: 1) OGRODOWICZ MARK M47 6306 BROOKLYN NY 533 446 41 24:00 23:25 7:3 20:58 2) CHAO DUSTIN M35 3738 NEW YORK NY 534 447 155 24:02 23:47 7:40 23:1 The paste should...

Doex Excel do this?
Hi everone, Say I have a workbook of 30 worksheets, each a worksheet has tab name and table. I want to create additional sheet that lists each tab name and its table's column names! Is this doable? Thanks, Mike Assuming Table column names are in A1:J1 on each sheet. Sub CreateListOfSheets() Dim WS As Worksheet Worksheets.Add(After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)).Name = "List" For I = 1 To Worksheets.Count With Worksheets("List") Set WS = Worksheets(I) If WS.Name <> "List" Then .Cells(I, 1).Valu...

what should be my pop3 and SMTP when setting up new account
what should be my pop3 and SMTP when setting up new account Ask your ISP. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Rogan asked: | what should be my pop3 and SMTP when setting up new account On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 21:44:09 -0700, "Rogan" <Rogan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >what should be my pop3 and SMTP when setting up new account We have no way of knowing what that info is for your account....

Creating a new form everytime a contact is made
I have created a database in Access 2003 to keep track of all of the data needed for our hospital based bariatric program. The forms created work well. However now my problem arises that originally there was one contact about a month after surgery and the information filled in. Now the staff would like to show multiple contacts for that same patient using the same questions but on differant days or months. What I am trying to avoid is creating a giant form with the same fields listed six times because they might contact the patient once a month for six months or possibly daily ...

Double click to open form and create new record
Hi team, Have scoured all of the posts and tried several different things for days but just can't seem to nut this one out. I have a form (FrmSeedBankStockAvailable) in datasheet view that lists seed lots by BatchID. I want to be able to double click on the record selector for a particular batch and have a form (DialogSeedBankWithdrawal) open so that I can make a new withdrawal entry, with the BatchID already entered from the selected record. I know that to do this I need to use the forms' DblClick property. I have been using the following code (and tried variations of from...

Re-enabled AD account can't open it's mailbox
Hi, we just disable the wrong users AD account, so we renabled it and they now cannot access their mailbox: They error on the Exchange 2003 server is: Disabled user /o=Company name/ou=New York/cn=Recipients/cn=Joe.Bloggs does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. Try this article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=278966 Nebojsa Seslija "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A43EEC0E-D62D-4213-9BC4-503EAA12E40A@microsoft.com... > Hi, we just disable the wrong u...

Read Text File into Excel Using VBA
Hi All, I'm a new VBA programmer. I know how to pull an entire text file into an Excel Spreadsheet, but I only want specific information from the text file not the entire text file. What I have is about 25 text files stored in a folder, let's say C:\test. Each file is named by a property address as follows: 209 MAIN ST.txt 213 MAIN ST.txt 111 ELM ST.txt 2356 WOOD AVE.txt On the 11th row of each file is as follows: Property Address:209 MAIN ST On the 31st row of each file is as follows: Total Value:30500 What I would like to do is read each file located in the "C:\test folder...

How to disabel "Excel" button in CRM
Hi, Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button in lots of form in CRM, we don't want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take it away. Thank you ...

How to detect if a file has been opened?
I want to use MFC CFile class to open a file, how can I know if the file has been opened by before I open it ? Thanks. >I want to use MFC CFile class to open a file, how can I know if the >file has been opened by before I open it ? Trying to open it exclusively is probably the best way. If it's already open, your call will fail. Dave ...

How do I add new symbols/pix to my bullet list?
Hello everyone! I am new to OneNote & I LOVE it... I am gradually learning all the features as I continue to use it for school + personal stuff. I cannot figure out how to add new bullets (symbols/pix/etc.) to my bullet list in onenote ~ it is driving me crazy! I want to have a completely new bullet on my bullet library list. Is there any way I can get one off of microsoft word or somewhere to permanently add to my bullet library on OneNote??? Please help! Or let me know if im even making sense.. I don't think it can be done. Only the default ones are available. Of cou...

Excel 2000
Is there a limit to the number of slices in an Excel 2000 pie chart. I can only get (9) to work using the wizard. As soon as I add (10) the last one gives an error readin and it sits there incomplete. Hi, There are limits but it's not 10. What data do you have in those 10 cells? Cheers Andy Bob wrote: > Is there a limit to the number of slices in an Excel 2000 pie chart. I can > only get (9) to work using the wizard. As soon as I add (10) the last one > gives an error readin and it sits there incomplete. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info I a...

Delete email without opening?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop How do I delete an email without opening the message. I have received emails that I want to delete without opening but if I click on them to delete, they open. <br><br>Thank you in advance. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3343745054_1473713 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Click on the massage with right ...

Print only the used sheets in all open files
I have the below macro to print the sheets that have info in cells D6 or D3 for all open workbooks. "PrintAllOpenFiles.xlsm" is the file in the xlstartup dir. If u run the small macro listed first within a single file it works but inside the bigger macro it doesn't. It doesn't look like anything happens - no debug option or anything. Any help is appreciated. 'Print Used Sheets Dim sh As Worksheet For Each sh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets If sh.Visible = -1 Then If sh.Range("D6").Value <> &...

excel multilple sheets
Need to branch to another sheet in the workbook and then return to the sheet that the branch was started from! Now for the kicker The user can change the name of the sheet that the program runs from!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Chip Pearson just posted some code (you wanted code???) that works very nicely. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=utf6mffiDHA.620%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl It works if the sheet has been renamed, too. Arr wrote:...

2007 version of Excel
How do I create a password so that the password is required upon opening the workbook? Take the following action in EXCEL 2007:- 1. Launch EXCEL so that it has a new file in it. 2. Click on the Office Button (top left hand corer). 3. Prepare / Encrypt Document / enter the password that you want to use (for example test). - OK - enter the password again (test) - OK - Save the file in the normal way (Ctrl-S) 4. Close the file in the normal way (Office Button in top left hand corner / Close). 5. Now open the file once more. To get into it you will ha...

Changing chart background color in Excel 97 SR 2
I am fairly new to this so please bear with me. I have a chart based on numbers in a spread that has a grey background (The chart) but I would like the background to be white and can not get it to change. I right clicked on the chart and went to Format Chart Area, Patterns, Fill Effects, Patterns and changed the background to white but the ok button is greyed out. Am using Excel (Office) 97 SR 2 TIA http://members.aol.com/larrystark/ Right click (or double click) on the gray region, which is the Plot Area. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tut...

New Document Page
Somehow I saved text on my "NEW" document page. When I open a new page, it has text on it. Tried clearing and saving but it wants to save a new document, not the blank page. Anyone know how to get back to a new blank document page? Thanks, CT See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "CT" <CT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D640D22B-FC36-43B8-9D46-CC07AF564CA9@microsoft.com... > Somehow I saved text on...

How to start the default mail program using Excel VBA? #2
From Excel (using VBA) I want to click a button and start the default mail program installed on the computer. After this I want to prepopulate the TO line in Outlook Express or Outlook (depending on what's installed on the machine) with a few e-mail addresses (stored in my spreadsheet). Any sample code for this please? Thanks in advance Michalakis Michael michalakis_michael@hotmail.com ...

Calculated measure problem (OLAP) in Excel Spreadsheet
G'Day all I am having trouble with a calculation that on the surface seems to be working until it is opened up in excel The measure calculates the Actual Value as of last year and is as follows - ([Measures].[Act Val],ParallelPeriod([Time].[Year],1) This works fine until I look at the totals within EXCEL 2002/200 1)If I choose to view a whole year then the total shows me a whole year. That is fine and as expected 2)If I choose part of the year the total shows me the whole year. This is wrong and am wondering if it is an Excel probem or my calculation? But here is the weird part - 3)I...

Excel Save As Options
I am using XP Pro SP3 and Office 2007 Enterprise. I am using a third party retailing WWW page development tool to update a database of various item information on a WWW page. My boss is a reseller (at a lower price than the manufacturer of course). The update takes place via an import function built into their tool and the import function will take as input a flat file and you can specify if the field separator is a tab or some other character. I can't change this part. I am encouraged to use the tools that are available since I do not have direct access to the DB (and probably don...

cannot access excel spreadsheet
I have a received an excell spreadsheet attachment which I have saved in >my documents> but try to open it and nothing happens. what do I do to open it successfully? I am using micsrosoft windows XP No technical terms please as I am very new to computing Do you have Excel installed? In order to open an Excel workbook (file) you must have the Excel program installed on your computer. Excel is not a part of WindowsXP and you cannot download it for free from anywhere. There is a free Excel viewer with which you can view the contents of the file. You can download it at this ...