Open windows explorer

Does anyone know how to have a cell "hyperlink" to windows explorer open to a particular folder?
0
anonymous (74722)

Right-click the cell, select Hyperlink and point to your folder.

"unexpected file format" error when opening an attachment
Outlook 2003 sp2. When I try to open the attachment from the same person, it seems that label factory tries to open it. ...

Linking Outlook To Windows Live Hotmail
I have been trying to connect Outlook 2007 to my Windows Live account, but I have had no success. I'm beggining to think that it's not possible. Is there something that I'm missing? Thanks for reading. Incarnadine wrote: > I have been trying to connect Outlook 2007 to my Windows Live account, Windows Live is a suite of services. You don't mention which one. Might it be their Hotmail e-mail service? A Windows Live account is just your Live ID, not a particular service used by the Live ID. > but I have had no success. I'm beggining to think that it&...

Update for Windows Vista (KB976662) has failed to install
Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but on every occasion as failed "Echo8" wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the above but > on every occasion as failed Echo8 wrote: > Can anyone help, I have tried on numerous occasions to update the > above but on every occasion as failed mes wrote: > I also keep getting a not repsonding Nothing like tacking onto an existing conversation and ignoring the request for more information just like the original poster. ;-) -- Shena...

Using the windows firewall
I plan to open up one of the interfaces on my Excahnge 2003 box to the internet so that I can use OWA. I plan to use the built in firewall in Windows Server 2003. What ports do I need to leave open to allow OWA to work? HTTPS = 443 Or if no SSL, then HTTTP = 80. Is this the only firewall between your server and the internet? troy wrote: > I plan to open up one of the interfaces on my Excahnge 2003 box to the > internet so that I can use OWA. I plan to use the built in firewall in > Windows Server 2003. What ports do I need to leave open to allow OWA to > work? >...

switchboard fails to open automatically
Hi Folks, I have created a database in Access 2007. I have set the switchboard as the default, but it fails to launch automatically when the database is openned. It is the only switchboard in Switchboard Manager and it is set as the default. Please assist if you have any ideas. Thanks, -- Markb Go to tools/startup and set the switchboard to start when Access starts. "markb" wrote: > Hi Folks, > > I have created a database in Access 2007. I have set the switchboard as the > default, but it fails to launch automatically when the database is openned. > It is ...

open second wordbook from Word
I have a MS Word macro that opens an Excel file then copies certain information from the Word document and places in in specified locations in the Excel spreadsheet. No problem there. What I would now like to do is extend the macro to open an additional Excel file and copy certain data from the second file into the first file. I would list the macro here but it is long and I am having no problems with it. The key is to be able to open the second Excel file while keeping the first Excel file open. Any suggestions? Garry Can't you open two Excel files at once? You should be able to ...

Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing
-- Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing SUMMARY: Stop jumping back and forth between index pages by using several browser windows. Why use one web browser window when you can have multiple? If you have an adequate amount of memory, open up several web browsers to maximize your surfing experience. One great way to do this is via a start page. Select a page from where you would like to begin browsing, such as a table of contents or links page. Now, instead of left-clicking on links or entries to view other pages, right-click the links. From the pop-up menu that a...

Cannot Open URL Outlook 2003
I have this same problem and there are no correct answers posted here: "This operationhas been canceled due to | restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system | administrator." I guess I would be that person. If I am sent email | with a website referred in the email- I cannot open the website | because I get the above message. Anyone know how I can fix this? Don't tell me to reset the web settings in IE6 because I have already tried that to no avail. Please help. Someone must have solved this since this keeps being posted for about 2 years now. Than...

Too many sheets opening in Excel document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I don't know what I clicked on but when I make a new Excel document, eight pages open up across my screen. How can I get it down to one page? When I look up help it says to click on the extra pages, go to edit and check delete page. It doesn't work and gives me a funny message. Or is it normal for there to be eight sheets when you start a document? I only see one-and-a-half... The problem is that your screen is too big. To fix it, send me that nasty big screen, and I will send you a smaller one...

Cannot open long file names
Weird glitch when upgrading Win 98 machine to XPPro - Excel will now not open any file name with 27 characters (not including the '.xls suffix') or longer. The error message asks to check file location & spelling. If filename is shortened to 26 characters or less - opens fine. However, after a Excel 97 reinstall, a long file name opened (1st file opened) but excel returned an error along the lines of 'you cannot open more than 1 file with the same name at a time' & on trying to open another long file name, the same error as above. These 'long files' open okay ...

open with default program for xlsx documents is missing
I can save the documents fine, but when I go to open them their is NO default program to open any xlsx document. Have searched and can't find it. Try this Click Start>Run then type in the box "C:\yourpathto2007\excel.exe" /regserver On my PC I use "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Excel.exe" /regserver "ddb1955" wrote: > I can save the documents fine, but when I go to open them their is NO default > program to open any xlsx document. Have searched and can't find it. ...

Fun one! Windows explorer search
Hello everyone. I've been experiencing this issue for some time now, and frustration has finally got this cat. We have XP, SP2. Many times, more often that not, when I use the search function embedded in Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer), when I search for files and folders, searching by a word in the filename, my search returns empty results, even when I know there are files with that name. When I demonstrated this error to people before, I would navigate to a directory, point out a word in an existing file in said directory and tell them that is the word I will use in t...

Meeting Item Cannot Be Opened on Outlook 8.04 Client
We are running Outlook 97 (with Office 97 service pack SR2B) on Windows 2000 machines with Exchange 5.5 on the server. We have the problem listed in: Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 228509 It says there is a fix, but I need to contact Microsoft to get it. Any one have any suggestions on how I can get this problem fixed without having to pay for support? Thanks, Rich Kitchen Network Administrator Universaltube Inc. If they tell you to contact Microsoft, CONTACT Microsoft. If it is a hotfix that is required for a specific problem that they have identified, there is no charge. J...

Running a select from the immediate window
I want to create and test my queries in the immediate window before adding them to my subs. In the immediate window i was able to create a table. DoCmd.RunSQL "create table test ([ff1] text (5));" I appended records using the same syntax DoCmd.RunSQL "..." Now i want to query out all the records. DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT * from test;" Does not work. What is the correct syntax to run a select in the immediate window? thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can't. DoCmd.RunSQL only works with action queries: Ins...

Old attachments not opening
Hi, Hope you can help with this. Running Exchange 5.5 with SP4, on NT 4 with SP6a installed. Users can send and receive emails okay and can read any attachments that come in with new emails. But any attachments that are contained with any old emails. All users get 'unable to open attachment' error. Any ideas why that should be happening? It may be related to last week when we ran eseutil /p as the edb.log had been deleted by our AV software. Have since excluded all exchsrvr folders from being scanned. THe Store mounts okay as mentions above all Exchange services start okay, bu...

Open Entourage : and everything is deleted

Can't open files from a different version saved to 2000 format
Hi, I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The document shows up in the preview area, but will not open. She even tried to save it to the 98 format, but it still will not open. Any ideas? Julie wrote: > Hi, > > I am having problems opening a file sent to me by someone using > Publisher 2003. I have Publisher 2000. She saved to the 2000 format, > but it says that I cannot open files from a different version. The > d...

Cannot open assigned task in Outlook 2003
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 on a 2000 Professional PC. When a co-worker creates and assigns me a task, it comes into my Inbox and I can see it in my preview pane, but I cannot open it when I double-click it and I cannot accept or decline it thru the preview pane. My co-worker has Outlook 2002 and has no problem opening and accepting tasks from me. By the way....when I attempt to open it, absolutely nothing happens that I can see....no error, no change of screens. Thanks, Robert Shurtleff ...

DPM 2010RC
Hi. I have installed DPM2010RC over W2008R2. I try to Recovering Individual File Items from VM Backups, but when I doble-click on the VHD file, I have this error: ------------------------------------- DPM no puede examinar el contenido de la m�quina virtual en el equipo de producci�n carpanta.ayto-elda.com. No se admite la recuperaci�n de nivel de elemento en los siguientes escenarios. 1. VHD contiene un disco din�mico dentro del sistema operativo invitado. 2. VHD no tiene ning�n volumen. 3. La funci�n HyperV no est� instalada en el servidor DPM. Realice una restauraci�n comple...

open existing .adp in Access 2007
I have upgraded to Access 2007, now I can not open 2003 .adp files. Double click on file starts access but file does not open, no error, just nothing except the Access intro. Even create new adp (in 2007), add a few bits, save, close, will NOT reopen. VERY frustrating to spend money and go backwards. Back end is SQL server 2005. Any input would be very appreciated, thank you. ...

Open Files, perform action - fails
The following code casues an application defined error and I need hel understanding why. The code for finding the word "closed" in column works fine in a worksheet all by itself. And the code that reads file list from a directory works fine by itself. However, the tw together seem not to behave together...Any thoughts???? Sub OpenWorkbooksInLocation() Application.ScreenUpdating = True 'to see whats happening Dim i As Integer With Application.FileSearch 'find files .NewSearch .LookIn = "C:\Test" 'Amend to suit .SearchSubFolders = False .Filename = "...

frame window title without document name
I know there was a flag or something somewhere to disable the frame window title automatically being updated to reflect the document name. But I forgot. Where, How? Lisa It is the FWS_ADDTOTITLE flag. See http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0198/c0198.aspx -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Lisa Pearlson" <no@spam.plz> wrote in message news:%234wzAh80DHA.4032@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I know there was a flag or something somewhere to disable the frame window > title automatically being updated to reflect the doc...

Opening Word files

Reduced window with OE6?
I'm using OE 6 for ng reading. I've selected the Basic View layout, so I'm not using a preview pane. When I open a message, in a newsgroup, it always opens to a reduced window. I would like it to open to a maximized window, but I don't recognize the option in my toolbar selections. Any help? And Merry Christmas! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5....

a frame window with its title bar on the top of its menu bar (overlapped) ...
Hi, This is related to a previous post of mine, for which I got a lot of help from people but the problem was still not resolved. I am reducing the problem to the following piece of code with only one class (CFrameWnd) involved. Please bear with me to look into the problem one more time. HINSTANCE h = AfxGetResourceHandle(); AfxSetResourceHandle(::GetModuleHandle(_T("current.dll"))); CFrameWnd *pFrm = (CFrameWnd*)RUNTIME_CLASS(CFrameWnd)->CreateObject(); pFrm->LoadFrame(IDR_MAINFRAME, WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW | FWS_ADDTOTITLE); pFrm->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); AfxSetResourceHand...