Open saved projects automatically?

Hello, i used to be able to double click on my saved projects for Excel,
Word, etc, and they would open in their respective application, but for some
reason when i do so now the Aplication in question loads up, but doesnt open
the saved project i have selected. I then have to go to File, Open. I have
tried all the normal routes like right clicking on the project selecting
properties and selecting 'opens with' and selecting the correct aplication
and always use this, but it still doesnt open. I can also right click, open
with and its fine.
The strange thing is that if i have a project already open, say in Excel,
and i double click on another project it WILL open.
Have i unknowingly changed a setting allowing this or is this a windows thing?

Any help greatly appreciated
0
Stuhump3 (1)

Sometimes one of these works:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

==========
And if it happens in MSWord, you can use:

Close MSWord and
Windows Start Button|Run
winword /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
winword /regserver

--

Dave Peterson
0

can outlook download the attachment of the incoming mail automatically?
can outlook download the attachment of the incoming mail automatically? what i want to do is once there is a new mail comes, outlook will automatically download the attachment, it would be better if it can be set to download some specific attachement? Thanks Not sure what you mean. Are you using POP or IMAP? By default, in POP, the attachment will download automatically with the message. Linus wrote: > can outlook download the attachment of the incoming mail > automatically? > > what i want to do is once there is a new mail comes, > outlook will automatically download t...

Can't Open Recurring Appointment
I have a weekly recurring appointment that won't open. The MS Outlook error message says: "Can't open this item. You must enter a positive duration." What is this and how do I rectify it if I can't open the event? Thanks. ...

Can't open Outlook #9
For the last week every time I've tried to launch Outlook I get the message that program file addin "msspc.ecf" could not be installed...There is an error in the syntax or format of the file. I contacted Microsoft and the fixes sent to me didn't work. They included replacing the damaged extension, removing registry entries, and refreshing the extend.dat file. I also removed and reinstalled Outlook. Gosh I hope someone has figured this one out. I really need to get Outlook back. Mabe ...

auto open all columns to their maximum
I am emailing CSV files from a database to end users. When the user opens the CSV file how can I have excel auto open all of the columns to their maxium. Since you have CSV file format, each person will need to highlight a row, Format - Columns - Autofit. "Paul" wrote: > I am emailing CSV files from a database to end users. When the user opens the > CSV file how can I have excel auto open all of the columns to their maxium. actually...to play it safe and avoid dropping leading zero's....the user should open in wordpad, not excel.... "Paul" wrote: > I ...

A document with the name "xx" is already open......
Opening excel documents directly from the My Documents folder with the program not open we get the following error message: "A document with the name "xxx.xls" is already open. You cannot open ttwo documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open or rename one of the documents" No other documents are open. When we close the error message everything is fine. When we first open Excel and then open from there, we do not get this error message. How can we...

Outlook 2010 opens with calender
First started in Outlook 2007, I uninstalled 2007, but setting still transferred to 2010. I cannot find in either program, how to switch the default opening back to e-mail -- Art outlook 2007 and older: tools, options, other tab, advanced button - very top option. outlook 2010: file, options, advanced - second option down. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslett...

Where does entourage save email?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Hello, I'm new to the forum but have recently experienced some issues with Entourage. My Sent Items were mysteriously deleted yesterday. When I started poking around, and did a search for some email using Spotlight, I found an email message then hit "Get Info" and saw that all my email are located in Users/***/Library/Caches/Entourage/2008/Main Identity/Messages/. I don't know if this is just the way it is, of if I need to do something, but thought I should see if anyon...

Outlook won't open #13
Hi I'm using Outlook 2000. Starting today, it refuses to open. It displays the splash screen, then hangs. No error message, it just hangs as soon as it displays the splash screen. Running Detect and Repair doesn't help. I suspect a corrupt registry key or profile file. Any ideas? Dave Logan wrote: > Hi > > I'm using Outlook 2000. Starting today, it refuses to open. It > displays the splash screen, then hangs. No error message, it just > hangs as soon as it displays the splash screen. Running Detect and > Repair doesn't help. I suspect a corrupt registr...

Save chart (that's on a chart sheet) to html file?
In Excel 2007, is it no longer possible to publish a chart that is on object in a worksheet to an html file? In Excel 2003, you had the option to choose a chart as the item to publish. That no longer seems to be available. ...

File not opening #2
I've got the same problem that I've been reading here and on the ExcelTips website. When I try to open 2 of the spreadsheets on my system, I get a " 'C:\Documents and Settings\........\spreadsheet.xls' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and ..... (you know the rest)" I have tried the: excel /unregserver excel /regserver I have tried the: uncheck the ignore other applications I have tried the: regedit - remove dups (there were none) The directory with this spreadsheet (on my PC) is shared with 2 other computers (separate network - ...

Does e-mail router automatically set regarding?
Hi, I succefully installed the e-mail router on our CRM system. I have set the e-mail option to track e-mails from accounts, contacts and lead. Now when I receive an e-mail from a known contact it is imported in CRM but not linked to the contact. So the "Regarding" field is not set. Is this correct or did I miss some configuration option? I would like the e-mail to be linked to the contact automatically Kind regards, Steven Boers You need to open the web client and check the workplace (type = email and my received emails). see if the email appears their? if so then open the ...

Can a standard column in MS Project be permanently hidden
We need to hide the Std Rate column in the resource views in MS Project for certain project managers (due to contractual requirements) so we are trying to determine if we can just hide it from everyone. We need to make it so it can't be added back. Even though it would be possible to set up a task and add 1 hour and look at the cost to get the rate, the requirement is that the Std Rate field be hidden. Is this something that is possible? This is for Project Server 2007 SP2 and MS Project Pro 2007 SP2. This is a frequently asked question and I'm afraid the answer is still ...

Publisher 2007 open files problem with Server 2003
I have a very small network using Server 2003 and when we used Publisher 2003 It downloaded files from the Server to the Client Computers very fast. Now It takes 2-3 min. for small files and 3-5 min. for large files. There are a lot of pictures in these files but the same files opened in pub 2003 with no problems. Is there a solution for this issue. Thanks for your help. Maybe this article is your answer An Office program is slow or may appear to stop responding (hang) when you open a file from a network location http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833041 -- Mary Sauer http://m...

Trouble with Save as Webpage
I am making a webpage from an XLS file. Somehow the process picks up a text box that I deleted days ago - I cannot find it on the worksheet but it's on the webpage Is there a VBA procedure to do a total cleanup? Many thanks -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email Try this If you want to delete all objects/controls on a worksheet you can do it manual like this: 1. Press F5 2. Click on Special 3. Choose Objects 4. OK 5. Press the Delete button -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Bernard Liengme" <bliengme@stfx.TRUENORTH...

Excel worksheet saved as web page--trouble printing
I have an worksheet that uses a graphic for a background, which I hav also saved in HTML using the Save as a Web Page option. The web pag looks great--but just like the excel background graphic, th "background" graphic in the webpage won't print out for me. Is there any way to fix this so that the graphic will print when print the web page? Thanks--Ki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com check the background printing options within the tools, options menu and also the printer properties. hope that helped. >-----Original Message----- >I have an workshee...

Can you automatically add a comment to a cell
Hi all Is it possible to automatically add a comment to a cell once it has been selected. The cells currently have data validation to only allow you to enter certain letters and conditional formating to change the colours once these letters have been selected. I would like it to add the current date and time when any of the letters have been selected using the drop down box through data validation. Thanks Mally Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Target.ClearComments Target.AddComment ("Date and Time Last modified " & Now()) End Sub "Mall...

outlook automatically adds calendar appoinments as 'tentative'
Outlook 2003 is automatically adding all appointments to my calendar as "tentative". I would like to turn this feature off. This is not the same feature under Tools / Options / Calendar Options / Resource Scheduling (which I currently have disabled)... this appears to be a feature that was introduced in Outlook 2003 SP2. After much searching, it appears the only way to disable this 'feature' is to turn off the reading pane... which is not an option for me. Does anyone have any way of turning this feature off? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks -NG NaturesGraffiti@g...

Error opening subform/form
When i use an access database and open a form containing a subform, the subform and its records are loaded before the main form as it should be. When i use an sql server database and open a form containing a subform, the subform and its records are NOT loaded before the main form. Can anyone please help me? Laura Laura, you cannot alter the way Access fires its events, so you will need to learn to work with it. Typcially when Access opens a form, it fires the subform's Open event before the main form's. But that does not mean it loads the *records* of the subform before the ...

How to turn off maximizing other documents when opening a new word
When you have a few word documents minimizes and you open a new word document, one of the minimized documents maximizes too. Is there a way to get rid of that annoyance? ...

Outlook 2007 won't open at all
Outlook 2007 won't open when I click on the icon. Can you help? -- Have a good day! What happens when you try? Can you start Outlook with the /resetnavpane switch? See if this helps - http://www.officeforlawyers.com/tsol.htm#cls -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "godprayer" <godprayer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6FDCF35-6F46-484F-842E-E922A140...

Automatically populating distribution lists in a public contact folder
We have a custom application which we wrote to add contacts in a public contact folder and to create and populate distribution lists in the same folder. One one machine, everything works fine, but on another machine, the distribution lists do not always get populated. Our application does not indicate any sort of error. We are using the outlook application automation object to create these items. We have been unable to determine why it works on one or two machines, but only sometimes on others. All machines are using Outlook 2003 SP1. ...

How to always allow outlook to send email from MYOB automatically.
I always get the message: "A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date. For more information about e-mail safety and how you might be able to avoid getting this warning, click help." But my antivirus is up-to-date and the help section is useless. When I have to send over 100 emails or more at once, I have to sit there and click on 'allow' every 5 seconds. This is very fustrating. Can anyone help? Tim. MYOB Premier V12.5 Outlook 2007 Tim - MYOB P12.5 ...

Subform opens before main form
Can I pass a value from the main form before the subform opens? Can I have a public variable on the main form that passes a value to the sub-form when it opens? JimP wrote: >Can I pass a value from the main form before the subform opens? > >Can I have a public variable on the main form that passes a value to the >sub-form when it opens? No. The usual way to do something like that is for the subform to pull the value from the main form in the subform's Open or Load event. Use the Load event is you want are assigning variable to a control's Value. Since the main...

automatically adjust charts
I am always charting 2 years of data. I have 2 spread sheets, one has multi charts and the other is all the data for the charts. I'm tracking about 6 different data points in a line chart. Each month the data sheet gets the previous months production data. I'd like to have it automatically adjust the charts. Drop the oldest month and add the newest month to the chart. That would save me the time of manually updating the charts. -- Baltimore Ravens Ravens Fan: You can make things a lot easier for yourself by creating a dynamic chart that plots the 24 months of data, or whateve...

Outlook Hangs with Open dialog
Whenever I want to add an attachment and try to navigate the open dialog hangs for about 1 minute. Getting very frustrating. Please help... I have Outlook 2003 (11.8010.6568 sp2) I'm having the same problem (file save as or open dialog freezes) with all Office 2003 applications. Did you ever solve this problem? "Lou" wrote: > Whenever I want to add an attachment and try to navigate the open dialog > hangs for about 1 minute. > Getting very frustrating. Please help... > I have Outlook 2003 (11.8010.6568 sp2) > > > Are you accessing a network drive? ...