open multiple workbooks at startup

Ever since i ran a macro that opened several workbooks, my Excel always opens
the same workbooks.  I have searched and deleted all the files that are being
opened.  Search shows they are in a sub-folder "Application Data", but this
folder is not listed in explorer and the files that are opened are not found
with a file search.  another thing, the open files in Excel options is
cleared to blank.
How do I stop opening these files when I open another file?
0
Z (26)

Dear Ron,

you can find the folder application data if you switch on the view
hidden files option in windows

it will be in C:/documents & Settings/"your user name"/Application data

as this is a hidden system folder you cant view it directly

to stop the files from opening on startup goto
C:/documents & Settings/"your user name"/Application
data/Microsoft/Excel/XLstart

In this folder you will find your personal macro book if you are using
it. as well shortcuts/files which automatically opens & trouble you.
The files in this folder opens automatically when excel is started.
You can delete these files so as to get rid of them. dont delete
"personal.xls" if it is there.

Hope this solves the problem else write back for any clarifications
required.

Regards
NC

Thanks for the help.  Worked just as you said.
I still don't understand why MS puts this info in a hidden folder, but at
least now I know how to work with it.

"nnchoudhari@yahoo.com" wrote:

> Dear Ron,
>
> you can find the folder application data if you switch on the view
> hidden files option in windows
>
> it will be in C:/documents & Settings/"your user name"/Application data
>
> as this is a hidden system folder you cant view it directly
>
> to stop the files from opening on startup goto
> C:/documents & Settings/"your user name"/Application
> data/Microsoft/Excel/XLstart
>
> In this folder you will find your personal macro book if you are using
> it. as well shortcuts/files which automatically opens & trouble you.
> The files in this folder opens automatically when excel is started.
> You can delete these files so as to get rid of them. dont delete
> "personal.xls" if it is there.
>
> Hope this solves the problem else write back for any clarifications
> required.
>
> Regards
> NC

0
RonZ (1)

How do I duplicate a workbook
I have a workbook with financial information listed. There are several columns that I do not want people to see, so I've hidden them and protected the worksheet. This works fine. But now I need another group of people to view the hidden columns on another sheet. I need this other sheet to update automatically when changes are made to the first. Please help Sam. You can password protect the worksheet with the hidden columns and give the password to only those to whom you wish to grant access -- Kevin Backmann "SamMJlo" wrote: > I have a workbook with financial infor...

Using Variables in Two Workbooks
If I have two workbooks open, and Workbook A has a couple of arrays with information I want to use in Workbook B, how do I go about getting the information into Workbook B? I thought using a Public declare would work, but it doesn't seem to. -- Bill @ UAMS You need to set a reference from Workbook A to Workbook B. In VBA with Workbook B active and open, go to the Tools menu, choose VBA Project Properties and change the name to something unique like projBookB. Then, open Workbook A in VBA, go to the Tools menu, choose References, and put a check next to projBookB. Then, ba...

E-mail Partial Workbook
I have sheet 1, 2 & 3 in a workbook and would like to E-Mail to a part only Sheet 2 without them seeing Sheets 1 and 3 from their e-mail. would like to do it without using *VBA* (I'm a beginner) or usin *copy, paste and giving sheet 2 a new name. -- DON ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DON S's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1288 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26731 Hi Don I have examples on my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm >> would like to...

Bug in MFC floating toolbar resize code with multiple monitors
Hello. I don't know if this is the right place, but I'd like to report a bug in MFC's floating toolbar resize code. For this, you will need a dual monitor setup and Windows XP Service Pack 1 (I don't know if the problem occurrs in previous Windows OSs with multimonitor support but I suspect it does). To reproduce the problem, use the Visual Studio .NET 2003 MFC project wizard to create a GUI app with the "standard floating toolbar" GUI option turned on. Build the test program and run it. Tear off the toolbar and drag it over an empty area on your PRIMARY display ...

Formatting tabs in a workbook
Is it possible to format a workbook so that a tab is set for each day of the month? I do daily reports on excel and I would like the fromat to goautomatically throughout the workbook. Hello Glen If you mean automatically create new workbook and name worbook tabs with numbers from 1 to number of days in month, this could be done with some programming. HTH Cordially Pascal "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:B78FF460-2A77-4540-92E3-78C5137A0AA1@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to format a workbook so that a tab is set for each day of...

Announce: Winmail Opener 1.3
We are pleased to announce that the Winmail Opener 1.3 is now available. Winmail Opener is a small and simple utility that allows you to view and extract contents of TNEF-encoded messages (infamous winmail.dat). Winmail Opener features: * Winmail Opener is absolutely free - no nag screens, no ads, no spyware, no time limit. * Supports RTF message text. * You can drag-and-drop TNEF-encoded files into Winmail Opener for opening them. * You can work with enclosed attachments as they are usual files on your disk: open, print, save, drag-and-drop them from Winmail Opener. * Supports command line...

Which OWA 2003 ports to I need to open?
Hi, I have installed Exchange 2003 in our test lab, but how can I get OWA to work from the internet, I need to NAT my ourside address to this internal server, but which ports do I need to use? Andy "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:593f01c4748b$e3a34220$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I have installed Exchange 2003 in our test lab, but > how can I get OWA to work from the internet, I need to > NAT my ourside address to this internal server, but which > ports do I need to use? > > Andy Http 80, or for secure https 443 ...

How tp open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro
How to open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro? by the way,the cipher is known. Is it possible to do this? Thanks in advance, "juwen" <juwen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99826EBC-7070-47A1-AAB5-4151CB24196E@microsoft.com... > > How to open a password protected powerpoint file by Excel macro? by the > way,the cipher is known. > > Is it possible to do this? > > Thanks in advance, > > > How is this related to PowerPoint? Are you asking about an Excel file that's linke...

Changing the Same thing on multiple charts
I have 36 line charts of data from the same 4 pilot groups and 2 comparison groups. After I got them all created, I had a request to increase the weight of the lines for readability on all of the charts. Is there a way to easily do this? Right now all I envision is clicking on all 216 lines! My guess is a macro which I know nothing about. On the same note, is there a way to have it change the colors all at once (for instance, take the yellow lines, make them red)? -- mea You can follow this procedure to make your task somewhat less tedious: Select an item on one chart (a series,...

Startup error
When I start Great Plains after doing a workstation install I get the following error: "Unknown dictionary error". While doing the install I changed the location of the custom reports dictionaries, but I believe I fat fingered it and now it can't find it. Is there a way to change this or do I have to do a reinstall? You can use notepad and edit the Dynamics.SET file that points to all the dictionaries. Make sure to make a backup of the file first. "Russ Mattson" <RussMattson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D4114D5-40B0-40A7-B9F3-594F25...

Problem referencing multiple closed .xls files
Hi there. I have an Excel file [MAIN] that references multiple other Excel files [SUB]. For example, if I put the following into a cell in MAIN and have the SUB files closed, this works: ='C:\Documents and Settings\Scott\My Documents\MAIN DIR\SUB DIR\[SUB.xls]Sheet25'!$D$11 The above returns the value [not #REF!] even when SUB is not open. But if I try relative addressing: =SUB DIR\[SUB.xls]Sheet25'!$D$11 or, INDIRECT, or CELL, or VLOOKUP, nothing can return the value from a closed file. Any ideas without having to resort to either UDFs or Macros. My client is unwilling to...

Cannot open Attachments in Outlook 2002
I am having a bizarre problem. We have several clients using Outlook 2003 with no problems, but one with Outlook 2002. She cannot open attachments. I saw an article on this and tried adding the Level1Remove string to the registry with .doc as a value, but it still won't allow me to open or save it. Any ideas? TIA, Shane Shane Story <sstoryREMOVETHIS at lburgus dot com> wrote: > I am having a bizarre problem. > > We have several clients using Outlook 2003 with no problems, but one > with Outlook 2002. She cannot open attachments. What happens when she tries? ...

Why does my layout change when I open it on another computer
I have created a couple of documents using the same layout. So far so good. The problem is that my wife, using another computer, needs to work on these documents but she can't! The layout changes, more specifically the margins. It wrecks havoc on the content... It also seems the the font sizes or kerning or... something that makes the fonts a tiny bit larger... Why does my layout change when I open the document on another computer? We both run Publisher 2003 on Windows XP SP2... Install a printer driver common to both computers. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/...

outlook is default but outlook express opens links
Hi, I have outlook 2003 it is set as my default mail, it works fine except for when I'm on a site that has a hyperlink to an email address. When I click the link Outlook express opens instead of Outlook. How can I fix this problem....I've look in tools in both outlook and outlook express and it all seems to be correct. WHat am I doing wrong. Thanks for your help! What do you show as your default mail program under Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs tab? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the ...

Object not found. Cant open attachment, HELP PLEASE!!
I have 2 users out of 80 that cannot open attachments for some reason. They get a message saying "Object not found". I can open the message easily from my machine, no problems. Has anyone seen this problem before? We are all running XP Professional with Office 2000 SP3 with all updates. the mail format is HTML so I dont think its the Rich-Text issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve Kennemer Dallas TX ...

Macro: How to open not-excel-files by using excelvalue on Workbooks.Open Filename oa?
Hey Guys I' v made a list in Excel to show all files in a folder. Now I want to open singel file; choosing from this list. The file in folder could be either, Excel, Word, PDF or common picture- format. In case of not-macro-based actions I would use hyperlinks to open the files on regular basis, but I whant to make a "pick and choose"- function by using list/combo-box or something. I cell F2 I have constrructed full path/namevalue in order to open the chosen file. Example File1.xls - make cell F2 value: Y:\MyFolder\File1.xls - opens in Excel File2.pdf - make cell F2 value: Y...

Outlook 2000 will not open
I cannot open Outlook 2000 anymore under my user profile. I can open it if I log onto another user. I even copied my outlook.pst file to another user and was able to open it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlook and it still won't work. I tried disabling Norton Internet Security and Norton Antivirus. I did a system restore to before it quit working for me. When I open Outlook, the Outlook 2000 small window appears and then it does not go any further. I have to close the process through task manager. What mode of OL2000 are you using on your machine? Under the pr...

is a MDB "open source"?
If a distribute a access database/program as a .mdb, does it qualify as open source? <bulk88@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1186539643.566831.260520@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > If a distribute a access database/program as a .mdb, does it qualify > as open source? > sure, in sense anyone that posts code for others to use is adopting the idea of sharing their code... The amount of free downloads, free posts, and free sharing of ms-access code is one of the HUGE advantages of using the product.... There is a gold mine of free "open" code for your taking ...

Re: Unable to open exchange 2000 mail box using Outlook 2003
"Ken Tech" <vtechakamphousha@4bizinet.com> wrote in message news:... > Urgent!!! > > My company has Exchange Server 2000 + latest sp on Win2k Server. Client > machines contain Outlook 2000, Outlook XP, and Outlook 2003. All outlook > versions work fine (can connect to exchange server and browse mailbox for > each user. > > Then I try to upgrade Exchnage server 2000 to 2003, the pre-install step has > been done but the program cannot be installed due to inproperly of ADC > version. The upgrade was cancel. > > After that outlook 2003 user cann...

automatic changes on my workbook

Outlook 2007 on Vista Shuts down when opening mail.
I have Office Enterprise 2007 on Vista Business running both a pop account and an exchange account. I only use exchange (SBS 2003) to share a public calendar and contact list (no email) with 3 other users. When I open Outlook and it is receiving messages (I have the reading pane open) it will sometimes just shut down with no warning. When I reopen Outlook the reading pane is closed. If I reopen the reading pane it works fine for a while and then it happens again. I run AVG Antivirus without the Outlook add in. I just run the pop account filter. I run the Office 2007 Junk filter. -...

clean up after open relay, Ex 5.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C48BCF.BD7921E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have had several 5.5 exchange systems that I have seen that have = fallen victim to open relay / spam abuse. Once the open relay is fixed = cleaning up the mess seems to be a very slow process and I am looking = for ways to speed it up.=20 Often there seems to be hundreds of thousands messages stuck in the = queue ( "Outbound Messages Awaiting Conversion" and the "Outbound = Messages Aw...

cant open win update, bluetooth competr settings (properties)
Hi Mi configuration ( HP ProBook 4510s vith vista business) I have problem with some "pop up" blocking When I tried installing win update or opening Bluetooth connection or when i tried to click with left button on computer to open properties all this think show me only something like pop up and that windows disappeared It means that I can’t install update connect Bluetooth device etc. Can anybody help me? I tried finding solution with seller of me notebook we change motherboard an Bluetooth device but it still happed. Thank you i tried findeing soluti...

a previously saved page wont open now in PUBLISHER
I have saved a page containing all pictures and it always used to open up on demand. Now when I try to open it it comes up with the message "Publisher cannot open this page". I have tried several times to no avail. All other pages open up as required. Maybe some help here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928890/en-us -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "winlucy" <winlucy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51A89093-3241-4B91-8DAB-D10FE49A62DC@microsoft.com... >I have saved a page containing all pictures and it always used t...

Import Multiple contacts Per Account
Guys Please can you help us. We are implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 and need to import our contact list which was maintained in Excel. Each customer has multiple contacts so we are thinking of creating Accounts first and then import the contacts but attaching them to the correct parent customer. I cannot find a way to do this. Please can you help. On 29 Aug, 15:24, <happysan...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Guys > > Please can you help us. We are implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 and need to > import our contact list which was maintained in Excel. > > Each customer has mu...