Open Blank Workbook?

When I open a workbook from Explorer, a second blank workbook opens as well.
How do I turn this setting off?
0
rreneerob (6)

Operation Failed opening attachment
hi all, We have 2 machines here which randomly display the following error when trying to open attachments in outlook "operation failed" They are both running Win XP Pro using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6626) SP3 Sometimes they open fine, other times they display the message, the attachments are normally word or excel files. Cheers in advanced.. ...

How to emailing file from Excel 2000 to 2003, cannot open??
I am using Excel 2000, and trying to email either as an attachment or as a file to a receiptiant with 2003. They cannot open it. And at some time I haven't been able to. How am I saving it into the wrong format??? Please help ASAP, am on location and needing to send a report. Thank you What are they receiving? Do they have Excel? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "bennyw0528" <bennyw0528@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78AED71F-93AC-4D41-8CC5-45FA965AEE2A@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel 2000, and trying to email either as an at...

Stripping Blank Characters form Imported Data
I am trying to verify 2 worksheets full of data. One has been imported from Visual Basic and the other from Business Object. The Business object sheet, brings over the entire field not just the charaters needed. Example: For the city field there are 50 characters available. If you use Nashville, the Business Object brings over 50 characters where the Visual Basic brings over 9. When trying to find descrepancies, this brings back a false positive if the city is the same. Is there a way to manipulate that data when it is sent to Excel? The easiest way to deal with this would be to find...

Problem when opening Excel 2003 file
How come when I open a file in Excel nothing appears? Yet the same file will open correctly on other peoples computers. Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Bruce Weinstein wrote: > How come when I open a file...

How do I look at two worksheets in one Excel workbook at same time
I know how to arrange windows to look at multiple workbooks. But I want to have two worksheets displayed at the same time from the same workbook. Is there a way to do that? Window - New Window this will create a second view of active workbook. Then you can do Window - Arrange, active workbook only. -- Best Regards, Luke M "PeoriaJean" <PeoriaJean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:503A1BB9-2130-4346-A0AF-A461388397B2@microsoft.com... >I know how to arrange windows to look at multiple workbooks. But I want to > have two worksheets di...

CAN'T OPEN PC-ORIGINATED WORD DOCS ON iMAC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel sorry for the really basic new-guy question (i just got an iMac) but when i go to open some PC-originated .doc and all .docx files, i get an error that reads &quot;Word cannot open this document. The document might be in use or might not be a valid word document.&quot; !? anyone have any guidance? i've installed all the updates ... no luck. <br><br>thanks. > sorry for the really basic new-guy question (i just got an iMac) but when i go to open some PC-originated .doc and all .docx f...

Opening up backups
One more thing. I recently did a backup of my calendar, contacts etc. I'm trying to open up those archives and can't open them. The only think that happens is that I keep adding Archive Folders. Can you tell me how to open up a file I have called "archive.psd" Thanks. IS. IS <y@y.com> wrote: > I recently did a backup of my calendar, contacts etc. > I'm trying to open up those archives and can't open them. The only > think that happens is that I keep adding Archive Folders. Backup or archive? They're not the same thing. > Can you tell m...

Macro to send grab email address and open Outlook
Hi there I am trying to write a simple macro to be able to send an email based on an emai address in a form. tblAgency Details has a field EmailAddress (data type is text) I have a Command Button on a form frmAdd Agency Details to run a macro. Macro name is SendEmail - Action is only SendObject There are only two items in the Action Arguments To: =[EmailAddress] Edit Message: Yes (I only want Outlook to load with the email address) So far it does not work. When I have a field for a Web Address and the data type is a hyperlink that works well for me....

Excel thinks a file is already open
Each time I open an Excel file, I get a message saying that a document with the same name is already open. I simply press Cancel, and everything is fine. This happens even when I have just started my computer, and I am the only user. (This also happens with Word files.) I have deleted all TMP files and all ~*.* files. I have used Scandisk and defragmentor. Please advise. Regards, Alan Hi Alan Look on this page http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Workbook there but not visible! Help!
I was working on some VBA code for an excel application I am writing. I switched between the VBE and the spreadsheet and all of a sudden my workbook is no longer visible! In the VBE project explorer window it shows my project and my code but in the excel window...no workbook! Nothing! Ran a test procedure calling IsAddin to see if somehow I accidentally clicked a button/box telling Excel to make this file an addin but it returned false. I did close the file and re-open it. Any ideas? Maybe it's just off the visible screen: Window|Arrange|tiled (and resize manually) or maybe y...

How to detect when user switches between open forms?
The user can have multiple non-modal, restored, forms open at once and can switch between them as they want, often by just clicking on their titlebars. These forms are all instances of F_URL. I am using Vista, Access 2007. How do I run a routine anytime the user switches form? F_URL.GotFocus doesn't fire because the Focus event only fires for the particular control that has the focus on the form, and, there are many such possible controls. F_URL.Activate doesn't fire. So, four possibilities as far as I can see: 1. There is probably some obvious event that I'm ju...

Trouble opening zip attachments
My Outlook 07 email has suddenly started trying to open every zip attachment with Internet Explorer, which doesn't work. I assume I must have somehow inadvertently changed the default setting for what Outlook uses to open this kind of attachment, but I can't find a way of re-setting that default. Any advice? Outlook doesn't choose what to open a file with, Windows does. Set the appropriate application to open a Zip file with in Windows Explorer. Tools > Folder Options > File Types. "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Opening an excel file
I used to be able to double-click on an excel file and it would open automatically. Now, all of a sudden, when a double-click an excel file, only the application opens and I need to then browse and open the file. I find this to be a nuisance. How can I return to double-clicking to open a file? -- M.L. Do you have other excel files open at the time or does this happen when opening the first one? Mel;670895 Wrote: > I used to be able to double-click on an excel file and it would open automatically. Now, all of a sudden, when a double-click an excel file, only t...

Can I remove blanks from a range without using sort?
I have a range of cells A1:a10, say, which obtain data from another source. Some of those cells a3, a6:a8, say, under certain conditions, will be blank. How do I reorder this range such that the cells containing information are listed together, removing the blanks? I want to do this using a formula, rather than filter or sort, as the data, and hence the blank cells, will change, and I want to perform analysis on the cells containing data. this is from one of the newsgroup correspondents use this code statement Range("a1:a10").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Del...

Open Excel with a particular sheet to be displayed first
Hi, I have an Excel file which has 20 sheets. Is it possible for me to open this Excel file and display Sheet10 first, rather than the focus in whatever sheet when last saved. Your helps are much appreciated. Thanks & Regards S. Hi Sathanga! You need something like this in the ThisWorkbook module Private Sub Workbook_Open() Application.Goto Reference:=Sheets("Sheet10").Range("a1"), Scroll:=True End Sub -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) availab...

blank page prints after group (sometimes)
I have report of students with the class_id defined as a group. "Force New Page" is defined "Before Section". Whether I have a page and a group header defined (they can be the same anyway) or just a page header defined, I am getting the same problem: 27 students can fit onto a page. However, if there is a class of 25 students, the next page is blank except for the header. (I have not seen a class of 27 students so I have not tested that yet). I can't seem to find a way out of it. Where I am I going wrong? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.acce...

Error 1004 Workbooks.Add Inplace-Activation
Hi ! I don't know if I am in the correct forum but here it comes any way Sub AddWorkBook() ThisWorkbook.Application.Workbooks.Add End Sub this simple macro only works from the debugger environment if I have XL Inplace Activated Is there any workarounds ? Best regards Magnus Is it so that XL has a state that it cannot do this ? COleClientItem::activeUIState Do I have to change state to pItem->DoVerb (OLEIVERB_OPEN, pView ); ???? "Magnus Pettersson" <magnus@businessvision.se> wrote in message news:uRngzLSvEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi ! > I d...

Cannot open attachments
I'm running Office 97 and when I try to open an excel attachment in Outlook I get the error message in Excel saying "The system cannot find the file specified" I ahve gone to the options and 'Ignore other applications' is ticked, I have ran the excel.exe /unregserver and /regserver command and reticked 'Ignore other applications', but still the same problem. Any ideas would be grateful. All I can suggest is you try saving the attachments first- it could b xl can't "see" the outlook file. If you want more help you might want to try the outlo...

How do I open Zipped or rar files
I am trying to download some game files from the internet . That is no problem but after I have downloaded them into my downloads I then copy them into my the game's user files. I manage ok until I have a file with rar in the front of the title. Could you please tell me how to unlock or unzip these files? Thanks a lot And this has something to do with Microsoft Word?? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rar On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 18:36:01 -0800, Pamboa <Pamboa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to download some game files from the internet . That is no >problem...

can't open
Sometimes Outlook 2003 works fine. Other times I double click on the icon on my desktop and the hour glass stays there for a while and then goes away and outlook never opens. Also, on occasion, when I try to shut down Windows XP, I get a dialog box saying Outlook.exe is running. I then have to hit the end program button. Anyone know what is going on? Also sometimes as I scroll down deleted mail or sent mail, instead of showing the E- mail right away, it kinda hangs for a while and then shows the E-mail. Can this be a memory problem? ...

Names of Sheets in workbook
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a spreadsheet with 4 worksheets in it. I need to create a Table of Contents on the first sheet listing th other 39 sheets in the document. Does anyone know a quick way to generate a list of the sheets in th workbook? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark Piitchford -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a spreadsheet with 40 > worksheets in it...

Can a workbook be used as a function
Hi, I have an excel workbook (A) that givern three parameters, temp1, temp and flow calculates the energy transfer for a process we conduct, have another workbook (B) which contains the hourly logged data for th process from which we generate monthly reports. Is it possible to use workbook (A) like a function and pass to it th three parameters from workbook (B) and return to workbook (B) th answer ie. energy transfered. Workbook (B) contain approx 750 logs so i need to repeat th calculation 750 times I could link the two which works for the first piece of logged data bu how to automatically...

Copy column headings AND formula totals to blank spreadsheet
Hi Everyone! I apologize that this was likely asked before but could someone show me how I can copy my 'column headings, column widths and totals formula' to a blank spreadsheet tab? I have set up budget spreadsheet where I input my receipts to keep track of monthly expenditures. Could someone explain how to copy the column headings, the column widths, AND the formulas of each column to a blank spreadsheet tab so each month will contain the 'same headings, same column widths and the same formula for each column'? Thanks so much for any help!!! katy Assuming you alr...

Open IE seperate process and seperate window
Ok, here is a good puzzle. I need to automate opening two IE (independent windows) on two monitors. Here is the reason: I have a security guard that has to monitor two 16 channel DVR windows 24/7 and if the power fails, and / or the system is rebooted, needs to open and logon automatically without keyboard interaction. (keyboard / mouse has been removed). Here is the setup: I have two Security Camera systems (DVR) that have web interfaces. I have a computer setup with dual monitors I have the system to auto logon. I can manually open new IE sessions in seperate windows, then...

Open file(2) from file(1) and then close file(1)
I need to open a file(2) when I open file(1) and then close file(1) File(1) name can change so I need variables. sequence will be Open File(1) Open File(2)... I do it by the following macro: Public LaunchFile As String 'in this public variable I want to keep file(1) name Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lDir, lFile, lFileMtr As String lDir = Sheets("launch").Range("B2") & "\" 'direction of my file to open lFile = Sheets("launch").Range("B3") & ".xls" 'file name to openm lFi...