open and save as... buttons

I don't know exactly when it started but my Open and Save
As.. buttons do not display the dialogue boxes. I have
removed and reinstalled Office 2000 and applied all
updates from MS. Current anti-virus has been used and
scans show no viruses. No error messages are displayed.
Shortcut keys do not work either. I can open an excel
spreadsheet from explorer but cannot save any changes. Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

0
anonymous (74722)

Using a command button to open an image based on field data
Hello. I have a form with a command button on it. This form is linked to a query with a field called "ID". What I am trying to do is make it so that when the user clicks on the command button, a separate form (frm_Image)pops up with the corresponding picture to field ID. I have the images in a folder on my C: drive. Any help on this is most appreciated. I'm going to do a little experimenting now.... Check out openargs in the VB help section. HTH Damon <rsfishel@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174046910.691059.94060@e1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hello. I ...

open file from WinExplorer in new window
is Currently when i open an Excel file from WinExplorer, it shows up on the task bar but not open in a window where i can see the worksheet. Can that be set to always open in a new window? I thought I saw that choice with some application recently. I have just upgraded to using MS Office Excel 2007. I am not quite clear on what you are trying to achieve but based from my understanding I think you want to open several excel files in different windows? If you do, apparently excel doesn't do that, it only opens one windows tih all the documents inside. Please let me kno...

open relay error with exchange #2
I have a web server that is to automate email output to specified email addresses. It works in that it will automatically send emails to users 'inside the firewall' however it fails to users outside the firewall. I get email error: this system is not configured to relay mail from <sender email address> to <recipiant email address>. Does anyone know if any specific configuration is needed to be done to exchange server/IIS on web server that produces the email. Would it require specific ports to be open on the firewall? ...

How to save replies to Sent Items folder with a shared mailbox
Hi, I am part of a software development team and we have setup a shared Mailbox (called Software Support) for support related e-mails. The problem we have, is that when anyone in the team replies to an e-mail in the Software support Inbox the reply is saved to the Sent Items folder in their own personal Mailbox. What this means is that others cannot see what the reply was to a support e-mail. Is there a way to save the replies made to e-mails in the Software Support Inbox to the Sent Items folder of the Software Support Mailbox (and NOT to the Sent Items folder in s...

Excel fails to open specific workbook
Whenever one of the end users tries to open an excel file on the serve it comes up with the following error: "EXCEL.exe generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You wil need to restart the program. An error log is being created." Running excel in safe mode, "excel.exe /safe", lets me view the fil just fine, and if I log that user off and log on under my username o her PC it lets me view the file with no problems. Is there something can change to the user profile to fix this problem? Recreating the fil has not been a sucessful venture. On a side note, where the h...

File opens in Money2005 on desktop but not on Laptop
I have used Money since 1998 upgrading throughout various versions over the years. I recently purchased Money2005, installed on the desktop, and the "current" file upgraded fine. I then installed Money2005 on my laptop saved my "current" file to my flashdisk and tried to open on the laptop. It takes me straight to the "About upgrading your money file" screen and I can't get any further. The sample file opens okay. Any ideas? You need to open the sample file on both machines and then do an Internet Update on both machines until Help|About shows version ...

Word 2007 opens slow
When I open Word 2007 by clicking on any document, it takes up to 2 minutes for the program to load. If Word is already open and I click on a document, it opens right away. This is a new problem that has just come up recently although I have had Word 2007 for several months. -- Mike E Try repairing the Office installation: Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Resources category, click Diagnose. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Mike E" <MikeE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEAA32...

Money 2004: Can't Open Register for multiple accounts
I have two active accounts in the money file that I am unable to open the register. Other accounts in the file operating fine. This started after reconciling these accounts last evening, then synching with MSN money. The properties for the affected accounts can be edited from the account list screen, but the register for the affected accounts cannot be opened via any method I can find. I have tried both the "Quick repair" from the file menu, and the salvage utility, but no change in the issue. Ideas? Ken Kerr What happens when you "can't open" them?!? "...

How do you stop spam emails from opening web browser (in outlook express)?
I need help. I am getting these spam e-mails, which pop open the web browser and connect to its web site in the split second before I erase the e-mail. How do I stop all e-mails from opening the web browser? "Hubby" <newlywed2@daum.net> wrote in message news:149e821b.0507100621.7549637d@posting.google.com... >I need help. > I am getting these spam e-mails, which pop open the web browser and > connect to its web site in the split second before I erase the e-mail. > How do I stop all e-mails from opening the web browser? Don't use the preview pane. ...

where is the press the "Send Later"/"Send Message Later" button?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I don't want email to send immediately and I don't want to constantly click online/offline. I Want to stay ONLINE. I found in a old question here online that you can press anSEND LATER button. I have 2008 Entourage and can't find this button to add to my toolbar. Help! Thank you! If the Send Later button is not on the toolbar by default, simply add it. You can do so by ctrl-/right-clicking the toolbar and selecting Customize Toolbar. On 02/04/2010 21:35, treshan@officeform...

Merge using Excel 2002 and Hummingbird Docs Open 3.9.0 Build 199
Hi, I have a merge form set up in Word. The data source is an excel file. When I click on Docs Open Mail Merge, a box comes up in docs open saying to choose the main document. When I click on the main document the next boxes comes up saying to choose the data source. I select the data source and it opens, but nothing happens. The next step should be to click on merge, but it is grayed out and it is still asking to choose the data source. The merge works fine if I do it outside of Docs Open, but I have to be able to do it within Docs Open. Can you help? ...

Opening a form by clicking on a record in a table
Is it possible to click on a field of a specific record of a table in microsoft access and open a form containing information about that record. If so how is it done? Thanks -- BULLDOG253 BULLDOG253 wrote: > Is it possible to click on a field of a specific record of a table in > microsoft access and open a form containing information about that > record. If so how is it done? > > Thanks It's possible to open a form from another form, but not from a table. Tables should never be used for anything after intitial development. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Emai...

Opening file cause rows to lose
I am trying to open a file of 48215 row written in Excel 2003 but only 12121 appeared from 48215 when I am trying to save as Excel 95 format because of another application only reads Excel 95 fromat Thanks It's because Excel 95 does not have that many rows. You need to split them up on multiple sheets -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "happytoday" <ehabaziz2001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e211cafe-30fe-45df-af70-864e67f00894@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >I am trying to open a file of 48215 row written in Excel 2003 but only > 12121 appeared from 48215 when I ...

Duplicate File Message opening an Excel 97 file from Windows Expl.
When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents menu of the Start button, the document opens, and I get a message that "A document with the name "XXXXX" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, evan if the documents are in different folders." If I start Excel, firs, I don't get this message. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark B wrote: > When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents > menu of the Start button, the ...

Open Record by selecting on another form.
Hi I have a database that lists outstanding orders customers have, On the event procedure for txtbox Order Number on the currently opened form outstanding orders, I have selected that on double click it will open the form orders to the appropraite record. ie in the outstanding orders if fred has an order and you double click on the order number it opens up freds order from the orders form. I have used a where statement but must have got it wrong can someone point me in the right direction first time I have used the where statement. Private Sub Order_Number_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) Dim ...

pictures won't load or open in publisher
After recent MS updates my old publisher files when opened only show text box entries. when I click in the blank space on the page it shows the box the jpg and WordArt files were in but nothing shows up. What versions of Publisher are we talking about here??? "flinthillsjim" <flinthillsjim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8EF29BDF-A774-4684-BB10-73C1AFD92F88@microsoft.com... | After recent MS updates my old publisher files when opened only show text box | entries. when I click in the blank space on the page it shows the box the | jpg and WordArt files we...

Mac Excel 08 puts "#VALUE!" in all pivot table references when opening an WIN Excel 97 file.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently bought a MacBook Pro 15.4, 3.06GHz, 8GB RAM running Mac Excel 2008 (v12.1.0 080409). When I use Mac Excel 2008 to open excel files that I created in Windows Excel 97 2004, all my pivot tables convert correctly but any REFERENCES to any fields within the pivot table do NOT show the valid values that Excel 97 showed. Instead all refrences have &quot;#VALUE!&quot; in the cell. There is a valid reference startement there but no valid value. How can I fix this? You are a few updates behind: make ...

Make a Windows taskbar button to open an Excel worksheet?
I have a particular Excel 97 spreadsheet that I use everyday, and which I access countless times each day. The way I get to it each time I want to use it, is to first click the Microsoft Excel button on the Windows 98 task bar, and then in Excel I click the "Window" menu button at the top of the screen, and finally click the name of the my Excel worksheet. That makes three clicks (along with the wait time after each click on this yard sale P-133 of mine). I'm wondering if there might be a way that I could create a button or icon on my Windows 98 taskbar or in my system tray th...

Thrift Savings Plan
Does anyone know how to track the funds available through the Thrift Savings Plan (available to U.S. Gov't Employees) with Money? I have attempted to search for it, but have had no luck. In microsoft.public.money, "James Sharrow" <James Sharrow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to track the funds available through the Thrift Savings >Plan (available to U.S. Gov't Employees) with Money? I have attempted to >search for it, but have had no luck. http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=50&as_scoring=r&hl=en&btn...

making and saving templates
Hi there~ I am new to the newsgroup and I need help. How do I save a document that I made as a template. I want to be able to send it to people and have them be able to type in the information (like an application, or report) without changing the fields and writing that I have created. Is there a way to do that? I save a document as a template but when I sent it through email, the person that received it was able to change all of the things that I had typed. HELP! Thanks I think what you actually want is a form. Templates are not intrinsically connected to what you want to do. But I...

Opening other users seconday calendar
I have an Exchange 2003 server.... most of our users use Outlook 2003 as a client. To view another person's calendar on Outlook2003, we would normally do: File|Open|Other user's folder... select the user name and folder type: "calendar" (assuming the owner of the mailbox has granted rights to that folder) If a user creates a new calendar to be shared (e.g., 'othercalendar') how can another user view that calendar in outlook2003? The "Other user's folder" dialogue only provides a drop-down list of the standard folders. Thanks, Steve 4th Paragraph ...

Limiting "save as" options in drop down list?
Hi, Is there a way to limit the "save as" options when saving an email, so that the only option on the drop down menu is .msg? I presume that one could still save the email as something other than .msg by simply typing in the file extension in the file name. Thanks, S No. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "willem" <stephenjacob@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:3114ecab.0504070715.460f607e@posting.google.co...

Can't Open Outlook
Can someone help me? I can't open OUTLOOK and get "this program has performed and illegal operation.." message and when I click on Details I get OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module MSO9.DLL at 018f:30d0f675. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=018f EIP=30d0f675 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00402ab0 SS=0197 ESP=0056e940 EBP=0056e960 ECX=0000000a DS=0197 ESI=00000000 FS=3b1f EDX=00501000 ES=0197 EDI=00000000 GS=19f6 Bytes at CS:EIP: f3 ab e8 c0 91 bd ff 8b 3d e4 13 8c 30 85 c0 0f Stack dump: 00402ab0 00000000 00000000 0157122c 00692cbc 00000300 015712b8 00000000 0056ed84 30b2f5f6 00...

Importing spreadsheet to a table from a button?
We recieve information weekly and sometimes more frequent then that. I have a access database set up with a table, queries and reports. What I would like to do is instead of having to manually go in and import the table to make it more user friendly to the folks that don't know how to use access that well. I figure this will have to be done through code to call the worksheets, but I would like to create a button on a form that when selected it will automatically import the spreadsheet directly to the table. If it has to call the wizard that still would not be as bad and navigating throug...

Option Buttons
I'm posting this follow-up to my previous thread ("Option Buttons") separately, as it's really a summary of what I've found: Optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar are hard to control - the group-boxes seem to have a mind of their own, and using multiple sets of Optionbuttons in close proximity is fraught with difficulty. Optionbuttons from the Controls toolbar are easy to control, via the Properties sheet (second top/left button on the Controls toolbar) - you can put them wherever you want, and as long as you've given them different group names they won't get con...