Open and Convert Mac .numbers to excel file format tools

Are there any tools that allow PC user of Excel to open a Mac .numbers
extension file?  kspalladino@yahoo.com

Playing a video in Excel 2003
Hi, Is it possible to embed a video (wmv file) into an excel worksheet? If so, how do I go about this? I want to control the payback of the video too (only really need start and stop). Many thanks, Matt ...

various excel problems
I have a friend who has some problems with her Excel. Here are a few of them. We would appreciate any help we can get: 1. The columns are labelled 1, 2, 3, etc. rather than A, B, C, etc. How can she change the columns to letters? 2. When she hits the page down key on her computer the excel spreadsheet goes down one line not the equivalent of a page. How can she fix this? 3. When she wants to sum a set of numbers in a column, she can only sum cells which numbers in them. That is, when she comes to a blank cell the summing ends. How can she change her settings so that she can sum an entire colu...

excel macros truncating tabs for hidden columns.
Hi, I have written VBA macros in Excel 2003 to generate a tab delimited text file.I have some hidden columns as well and the file is being generated fine with extra tabs for the hidden columns.Howvever for line numbers >= 1985 the hidden columns are being truncated as in these extra tabs are not being generated. i process the file in my VB 6.0 application wherein i check the number of tab delimited columns that are being generated. for line number>= 1985, the application gives me an error :"Invalid file format". What is it that i am missing here!!! ...

Auto macro in Excel help
Hi all, I have a workbook with multiple sheets. I want the sheet 1 always to display first and is there a method to display the current user name which updates it self automatically when different users use the book when its on a share - I'm thinking of setting up a log. I've done the following as a test but its not really what I want - ideally there would be a text box that auto changes without it having to be clicked. Sub logontest() Worksheets("Frontscreen").Activate Dim x Set x = CreateObject("WSCRIPT.Network") Dim u u = x.UserName 'up...

MS Publisher 2000 saving a ps file to Corel
I saved ("save as) my MS Publisher 2000 file as a postscript (.ps). In Windows XP Explorer, the file shows as a Corel Draw Essentials 9.0 file with the Corel icon (when I expected to see a .ps file). I cannot open the file in either Corel or Publisher. I have tried saving with my HP printer (postscript) and MS Publisher Imagesetter as the printer--neither gives me the desired .ps file. There are Corel Draw objects in my Publisher file, but I've used this file many times in my old Windows 98 environment (with Publsiher 2000 and Corel Essentials 9.0) with no problems. Does anyone know h...

how to delete source file?
An excel spreadsheet links to another excel file. However Iwant to remove this link completely since the file does not exist anymore. How do I remove it? I know that by going into the spread sheet and doing a find ! I get all the cells that call to this external file. If I delete them all (and there are lots) will I still get the prompt when opening the spreadsheet that it can't find this source File? How shall I best handle this situation? Can I simply remove the source link somehow? I don't get that option (rather, open source, change source). TIA, Brad Try this, Brad: ht...

Excel in a Tablet Question
A friend has a tablet with excel on it. He is able to draw object in excel. I wanted to used the macro recorder to record the steps he used, and it doesn't record any hand drawn operations such as drawing circles, lines, arcs. Does any one know I we can record those operations??? That would help me in writing VBA code to check the objects color and determine if it needs to be visible or invisible. Thanks, Gary You can record the selection of the completed object (Oval 5 here), and the setting of it's properties, as: Sub CheckShape() ActiveSheet.Shapes("Oval 5"...

My excel2000 divide numbers per 10 why?
In every old or new sheet and cell with general or number format when i type a number, excel divide it per 10. For example when i type 80 after enter, i see 8 in that cell. Use Tools | Options; open the Edit tab; uncheck the box called Fixed Decimal.... best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "mohammad" <mohammad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78C0BD72-2C3D-4B05-9F41-1AD62864FF11@microsoft.com... > In every old or new sheet and cell with general or number format when i > type > a number, excel...

Template Wizard and Excel versions
I hope I posted this in the correct place... I created a form with Template Wizard using Excel 2000; whenever you change certain pieces of data in this worksheet, it automatically adds a record to another worksheet saved elsewhere. I have gotten it to work on my computer (which uses Excel 2000); when I save the template to the appropriate place on my boss's computer (using the network), and use my computer to run it, it also works correctly. However, when I try to use the template with my boss's Excel 97, it doesn't update the database worksheet at all. (I just tried i...

serial number search
search for transactions by Serial number after product has been sold ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cdad13df-9400-42f0-a93b-c0914c2a0e45&dg=microsoft.p...

"Open Trusted Sources"
I have a Database in Access 2000 with hyperlinks to some pdf documents. When I click in access 2k the pdf file opens very well. When I use Access XP on another machine, it always sows a Message box with a question If I want to open the file, since it is not from a trusted source. If I say Yes it opens normally. I wanted that this message didn't appear any time I try to open a file. It is very boring have to answer every time I want do see a file. I tried the macro security in low level, but it didn't work. Can anyone give me a hand? Thanks in advance Maria Joao ...

how do i find data in multiple sheets in excel
I am trying to find data that could be on any of the sheets in my excel work book is there a way of searchind all sheets at once? From the Edit menu, choose "Find", click the "Options>>" button to extend the dialogbox to show the advanced options. In the "Within" dropdown list, choose "Workbook". Regards, Edwin Tam edwintam@vonixx.com http://www.vonixx.com "Karline" wrote: > I am trying to find data that could be on any of the sheets in my excel work > book is there a way of searchind all sheets at once? Edwin's resp...

error in excel #4
error in excell. compile error in hidden module:Eventclassmodule. the problem persist with new isntalation. some solution? thanks Hi have you tried to remove/deactivate all installed add-ins -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany temprano wrote: > error in excell. > compile error in hidden module:Eventclassmodule. > the problem persist with new isntalation. > some solution? > thanks Chip Pearson has some nice notes that can help you find the problem workbook at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm Essentially, you're going to move stuff out of your XLSt...

Stacked bar chart with totals
Hi everyone, I have a stacked bar chart with 8 items associated with the stacked chart. What I want is, is there a way to get the total amount for each stack and display it at the top of each bar? Like a regular bar chart does. This would be awesome if someone has some sample code or a add-in! Thanks! From another thread - Jon wrote "Make another series that represents the totals you want to display. Add this data to the chart as a new series. At first this series will appear as a new column stacked on the rest. Select it, go to Chart menu > Chart Type, and select a Line chart...

Access X Excel
If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel (data base ) Please tell me Because many people ask me many time I can do data base in Excel and I don't know how to advice him to move to access Thank you Excel is a spreadsheet, Access is a database. If a person does not know the difference between the two, there is little hope for them. Advise them to read a book on software development. -Dorian "a" wrote: > If any one know web pages or information comparing between access and Excel > (data base ) > > Please tell me > &g...

export from Access to Excel has created problems with
I am a new user with vision impairment, so it is extremely likely that I missed the help that has already been offered. For that I apologize and thank you for your input. I was working on a database in Access, but was having a problem because of my vision. It was suggested that I would have better luck working in Excel and since I have worked with it before I decided to try. I exported my worksheet to Excel but when I openned it in Excel I immediately noticed something was very different. It is as though every cell has been "formatted as a mini document, complete ith "wrap ...

Looking to do a random sort of records in an excel file
I have an excel file with records in it. At any given time I can hav any number of records in the file. I would like to do a random sort o those records putting the results in another sheet within the sam excel spreadsheet. It would be nice if the output had a column wit the ranking of each record in it. It can't be anything too complicated or something I have to change eac time I want to do a different group of records. There can be as man as 200 and as few as 5 records in a file -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com jenstyr You could put =RAND() in a helper column and ...

Excel 2003 to 95 File format conversion
I've donated my old computer and software to a non-profit and need to convert files down from Excel 2003 to Excel 95. My HELP file refers to a "Microsoft Excel 97-2003 & 5.0/95 Workbook format" but I haven't been able to find it. Has it been discontinued? Hi, Judith. First, I don't recommend saving in multiple formats if they won't need them because it just makes the file bigger. I have Excel 2003 and Excel 5.0/95 and the one you mention are both available from the Files of type dropdown. Perhaps you didn't do a complete installation of Excel/Office? ***...

Formatting Protection
Hi I run Win2K with Excel 2K I have a spreadsheet that is protected. Some cells on the sheet are not protected so that data can be entered. The problem I have is that sometimes people copy and paste this data from an external source and this results in the formatting for the cell to be changed. What I would like to know is there any way which I can have the spreadsheet protected and allow data to be entered into the unprotected cells but not allow any changes to the formatting for that cell? Thanks, any help is appreciated. John You could advise your users to use copy then Edit | Pa...

Money file not corrupt; but program freezes when launched
Approximately 2 weeks ago, back when Money was working fine for me, I clicked on one of the sections on my Money Home page pertaining to Auto Transactions. This section identifies potential auto transactions and when you click on them, you can create bills, deposits, transfers etc. I clicked on a transaction and the program froze. The only way was to terminate the process, I could not even end Money. I was able to launch Money with the Sample File and repair my existing file. The log indicated that there was a broken link?! The program worked fine for me for another two weeks. On Sat...

Opening with a lower version of publisher
I create a lot of Publisher documents and give them to other people in my company. I am running Publisher 2002, and a lot of them are still running 2000 and cannot open my document. Two questions--one, do I have to save it as a lower version in order for them to open it? or... is there an update to publisher that they can download in order to view the 2002 documents? A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Tara <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > Two questions--one, do I have to save it as a lower > version in order for them ...

excel LOOKUP( ) error #2
=LOOKUP(AG5,'Regular Invoices'!A:A,'Regular Invoices'!E:E) AG 'Regular Invoice' 'Regular Invoices' A E 041000-1 041000-1 SEIU 041000-2 041000-2 WP 041001-1 041001-1 SEIU Regular Invoices is a data input worksheet where column A is the invoice number and column E is the client code column AG comes from a formula worksheet. rather than crowding report work...

XSL formatting a list into 2 columns

Is there a maximum number of FIND functions?
I am using this function successfully =IF(NOT(ISERROR(FIND(" FLR",AC11))),FIND(" FLR",AC11),IF(NOT(ISERROR(FIND("FLOOR",AC11))),FIND("FLOOR",AC11), IF(NOT(ISERROR(FIND(" RM ",AC11))),FIND(" RM ",AC11), IF(NOT(ISERROR(FIND(" ROOM ",AC11))),FIND(" ROOM ",AC11), IF(NOT(ISERROR(FIND("SUITE",AC11))),FIND("SUITE",AC11)))))) However, if I add another row, Excel tells me I have an error and highlights the very next FIND IF(NOT(ISERROR(FIND("BLDG",AC11))),FIND("BLDG",AC11) I did n...

U.S. Open Test
The U.S. Open is often described as the toughest test in golf. [url=http://www.golfsales365.com/]golf clubs for sale[/url] But our test is much easier - we just want to know what moments from the U.S. Open are your favorite memories of the tournament. Any moment, large or small, qualifies. Your favorite memory might be of attending a U.S. Open, or it might be a spectacular shot you witnessed via television, or anything in between. Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums ...