Oops sent to wrong forum: Excel Macros

 	Hi: I have a workbook with 14 worksheets. I need 14 macros

I want the name of the macro to be the name of each worksheet. ex. FA2E,
FA3E, FA4E, etc. the macro is the same except for referencing the worksheet
name.
I have the first macro and am copying/pasting 14 times, changing the
worksheet name and macro name.
However, it doesn't work properly. About the 5 copy/past excel seems to
want to call the macro by the name of the workbook, dot, worksheet. What am
I doing wrong.
When I open up tools, macro, I want to see the 14 names as stated above.
Because, I have a final macro that calls each macro, so I would call,
FA23, FA3E etc.

Help would be appreciated.

Dar -

If the macro is the same other than the worksheet name, why don't you just
use the one macro, and use a variable name for the sheet name.  This will be
much easier to maintain.

--
Daryl S

"Dar" wrote:

>  	Hi: I have a workbook with 14 worksheets. I need 14 macros
>
> I want the name of the macro to be the name of each worksheet. ex. FA2E,
> FA3E, FA4E, etc. the macro is the same except for referencing the worksheet
> name.
> I have the first macro and am copying/pasting 14 times, changing the
> worksheet name and macro name.
> However, it doesn't work properly. About the 5 copy/past excel seems to
> want to call the macro by the name of the workbook, dot, worksheet. What am
> I doing wrong.
> When I open up tools, macro, I want to see the 14 names as stated above.
> Because, I have a final macro that calls each macro, so I would call,
> FA23, FA3E etc.
>
> Help would be appreciated.

How do you find your posts on this forum?
How do you find the topics you've posted to on this site? I find some of mine at the foot of "my profile" page, however what I do not understand is why only a few, and not all my posts are there! "Pamoola55" wrote: > How do you find the topics you've posted to on this site? I'd use google. Give it enough information (keywords/author/subject): http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.excel.*&num=100 Pamoola55 wrote: > > How do you find the topics you've posted to on this site? -- Dave P...

Vertical Indent in Excel 2002
Please help me to create Vertical Indent in Excel 2000 or 2002 because the border line are very near to the text given in a table, it looks very congested in the gap between lines and text when we use auto fit to rows option. there is any solution for this please help me i want to know the option. No such feature as Vertical Indent. You can use Alt + Enter to provide a line feed at top and bottom of cell. Select a cell then hit Alt + Enter Type the text you need then hit Alt + Enter then Enter. This will give you a blank line at top and bottom. Gord Dibben MS Exc...

excel columns keep changing size
I have a spreadsheet that I want to print on legal sized paper. I have 5 columns that I want to be as wide as possible and fit on the paper, landscape format. Every time I try to change the font size of the text, excel automatically changes the columns size. ALso, even though it says that the font is 48 points, it shows up as very tiny on the screen and also on paper. What is going on? Check your pages set up settings. Go to sheet in page set up and check to see if the print area is empty this could have a range in it. If it does and this is too large for th paper you are using then it wi...

MS Answers forum for Outlook Express?
So where is the new MS Answers forum for Outlook Express? Jack "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ey4xA2wGLHA.4912@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > So where is the new MS Answers forum for Outlook Express? > > Jack > XP - Networking, Mail And Getting Online Forum http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/threads -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA Thanks. Jack -------------------------------- "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote...

Excel Formatted Spreadsheet To SQL ?
Hello, Is there any reasonably straightforward way to convert an Excel spreadsheet, or part of one, to a format that SQL would accept ? Thanks, Bob Usually the method that works is to save the worksheet in CSV format. Then import the CSV format into your database. Access will import CSV and so wil a number of other databases. -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=196450 http://www.the...

missing excel VBA help file
I'm missing the excel 97 VBA help file "VEenUl3.hlp". I assume this file is on the software distribution pack that came with my computer. If it is do I reinstall excel or can I just copy the help file from the distribution pack? Finally I may not have the distribution pack since I've moved three times in the five years since the computer was purchased. How would I get a copy if I need it? I'm using windows 98. Thanks for your help John VBA and help files are not part of normal Office install. ie. Office 9 or Excel 97 *not* Windows disk required. Perhaps you ...

How do I read Pocket Excel files from Excel
Just got an Ipaq and trying to use ActiveSync to synchronise speadsheet files between that and my desktop. Unfortunately, when I update the file using Pocket Excel on the Ipaq, it is converted to .pxl format, which the desktop version of Excel (2000) won't read! How do I get round this one? ...

How To Create Order Form in Excel
Hey, I am trying to create a fundraiser order form in Excel and I don't know how to slant the cells. I angled the words at a 45degree angle and I want the whole cell to transform that way. Any advice? You can't slant the cell itself. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. "MAllen" wrote: > Hey, I am trying to create a fundraiser order form in Excel and I don't know > how to slant the cells. I angled the words at a 45degree angle and I want the > whole cell to transform that way. Any advice? ...

MACRO AUTORUN
HI EVRYONE, ON ONE OF MY EXCEL SHEETS I HAVE MACRO RUNNING. WHENEVER I OPEN THE FILE, IT SAID CLICK TO DISABLE OR ALLOW. I DID NOT ADD ANY MACRO, I CAN'T FIND ANY MACRO IN THE SPREAD SHEET (TOOLS, MACRO). IF I COPY PASTE AND SAVE ON ANOTHER DOCUMENT, SAME THING. IF I SEND TO A COLLEGUE AND OPENS IT, SAME BLOODY MACRO. HOW CAN I GET RID OF THIS MACRO. THANKS -- Chich See http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "b52shut" <b52shut@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:9D2BF73D-4F4D-4F...

How to create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? select one of your data series and change axis to secondary. <chart><<chart options><Axis> Select secondary x axis. "JaVaughn" wrote: > PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? Hello, thank you for replying. Which chart type would allow for 2 X-axes. The only chart type that I know that allows for 2 axes is "Line Chart with 2 Y-axes". For the above-mentioned chart, the option to designate a primary and secondary x-axis is display...

prevent Excel from EVER automatically converting numbers to dates
in Excel v. X for Mac how do I permanently prevent Excel from EVER automatically converting numbers to dates. Formatting individual cells as text will not work in my applications. I need to disable this funtion. Not possible - there's no preference option to turn this off. Instead of preformatting as text, entries can be made with an apostrophe as a prefix: '3/4 You might be able to use an event macro to change it back retroactively, but that depends on knowing what format the user entered it. For instance, 3/4, 3-4, 4Mar, mar4, etc will all be interpreted as 4 Marc...

Link sent by email incomplete in subject line
MSKB Article 327010 Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is there a fee? Thank you, L Moore LMoore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can you download the hotifx noted in the above article? > If not and you have to call Microsoft for the hotfix, is > there a fee? If contacting Microsoft is the only way to get the hotfix and if you PC is experiencing the problem described by the article, there is usually no charge. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Ra...

excell documents
when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. instead, i must open excell first click on file then open its then that my documents opens. any idea on what might be causing this. makolomakwem@ananzi.co.za -- hunter Can you single click the excel document to highlight it from the desktop. If so, can you then select "Enter" to open the document. Does the double-click issue happen with any other items on the desktop? "hunter" wrote: > when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. > instead, i must open excell first...

Excel and Word Attachments Time Out in OWA
I am having an odd problem in OWA. Many end users are experiencing time out problems when trying to access Word or Excel attachments in OWA on Exchange 2003. It appears to be only Word or Excel as others work fine. OWA is being accessed on a front-end server. However, all attachments work fine when accessed through the back-end server. Any ideas? ...

How do I activate sort in Excel?
I have worksheets set up in Excel. I am wanting to sort 1 column of these worksheets, but my sort button seems to be grayed out & I cannot select it. How do I activate the sort function again. Any ideas? Hi marygries Unprotect your sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "marygries" <marygries@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A81E1842-3CF4-4CF5-85B3-ED01BEF943C7@microsoft.com... >I have worksheets set up in Excel. I am wanting to sort 1 column of these > worksheets, but my sort button seems to be grayed out & I cannot s...

Can I make a Cladogram using microsoft Excel?
I'm using microsoft offfice 2003 and was curious is there anyway I can make a caldogram using the program? I know that it is possible to make a family tree; however this is inifficient in depicting ancestoral progression of the species- which would be better display with a cladogram. Any Help greatly appreciated! Hi, Maybe fernando cinquegrani's cluster or grafi examples may help. http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html It should be possible to construct a chart using a xy-scatter and various charting tricks. But a lot depends on how you have this data stored. Cheers Andy La...

Corrupt Excel Menu Bar
Somehow my excel menu bar became corrupted. I now have 7 "Edit" menus, 2 Format menus, and 2 Tools menus in my standard excel view. As a keyboard user (rather than a mouse user), this is killing my productivity. Any ideas? Help! Try this. Right-click your menu bar, select Customize, click the Toolbars tab, click the Reset button, click OK, click Close. That should reset your menu to normal. >-----Original Message----- >Somehow my excel menu bar became corrupted. I now have >7 "Edit" menus, 2 Format menus, and 2 Tools menus in my >standard excel ...

Stop excel icon showing at the bottom when opening spreadsheets
how can i stop the excel icons showing at the bottom when i open multiple spreadsheets. this can be annoying when you have other applications open also. Hi Rajesh, I assume you mean the Excel icons in the Windows taskbar. To prevent these from appearing go to Tools -> Options and on the View tab deselect the Windows in Taskbar checkbox. Michael "Rajesh" wrote: > how can i stop the excel icons showing at the bottom when i open multiple > spreadsheets. this can be annoying when you have other applications open also. > > ...

data-set too big for Excel
I am using Excel to extract data from a database, but when the extracted data is too extensive, Excel is stuck. Is there any way to expand the data-holding capacity of Excel? I am using Excel 2000. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Representing times in excel without dates
Excel experts I need your help!! I am using Office XP excel and am trying to represent time in the format: AM/PM without seconds. When I put in the time [I have the cell number format set to time/"1:30PM"/Locale is English (United States)], it comes up with the date preceding the time. I have tried varying settings of time but they all come up with the date. So if I try to put in 1:00PM it would represent this as a date and leave the rest of the time as 12am. I am doing a time sheet that subtracts the hours from between two times and then adds the differences up. I want it to ...

Need macro to allow me to go out into another excel file and copy and bring data back..
Hi, I'm looking to have a macro that I've started (below) to allow me to go out to a file that is always in the same location with the same name and copy information from it and bring it back into the file I was originally in. The file from which I want to get the information from is updated automatically every 24 hours from data dumped into it from our MRP system. The macro is to be stored in my "personal.xls" file. The problem is that the original file name is always different. So how can I make the macro come back to this file that has a different name each time to pas...

macro for a range
Hello all. Happy new year and welcome back to work. Appreciate if I can get help on the following: In Range A1 to A10 I have dates. In Range B1 to B10 I have a number between 1 and 100. I require a formula (or macro) in range C1 to C10 to count the number of days between today and the date in the corresponding cell in range A1 to A10. But, Once the corresponding cell in range B1 to B10 = 100 I require the formula(macro) to retain the final number of days counted. -- Cheers Ant. ...

Dumb Macro Question
I have (several times) successfully recorded a macro. What I want is for the macro to be stored as part of the Excel file so that when I close the file the macro is inside it and when I open the file again, the macro is available. I think I am doing everything right but when I re-open the file the macro is GONE. So what should I do to cause a recorded macro to be stored with the currently open file? Thanks 1) When you start the Record Macro dialog look at the box where you state if the macro is to be stored in the workbook or in Personal.xls (or personal.xlb with ...

Macro Warning Message #3
I have removed all macros from a workbook but I am still being prompted to enable / disable macros, when I open the document. Is there a way of removing this w/o changing the security settings for Excel on my computer? Hi You need to delete the empty modules too! See here for info: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- Andy. "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1afb601c44f05$d441cf50$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have removed all macros from a workbook but I am still > being prompted to enable / disable macros, when I o...

Excel and clear cells....
Hi.... I have this large spreadsheet showing 52 weeks, and for each week 10 areas not adjacent to each other, all of wich I need to be cleared every year. In between areas needed to be cleared there are some hidden cells, rows and columns. Is there a way to easily clear these areas, without clearing hidden and locked areas? -- --- rgs Zadig Galbaras (nick) www.tresfjording.com You can highlight disjointed areas of cells using the Ctrl key while you click and drag. For example, click cell A1 and drag to cell B2 to highlight 4 cells. Now hold down the Ctrl key and click cell A8 and...