One link breaks every time I open a workbook...

I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other
two push and pull data.
One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the
source only workbook but not
to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open
it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I
hit cancel and
do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing
(the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...)

0
pkley (7)

Try going Edit->Links.  Break the link and re-establish it?  That might work...

"pkley" wrote:

> I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other
> two push and pull data.
> One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the
> source only workbook but not
> to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open
> it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I
> hit cancel and
> do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing
> (the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...)

excel documents won't open from my documents folder
I want to open excel documents from the my documents folder (microsoft xp) but only pull up the excel template screen. If I open excel documents from excel launch screen all is fine. Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. Paul1961 wrote: > > I want to open excel documents from the my documents folder (microsof...

Time Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59816.C6BA2E80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hey Guys,=20 I sent a meeting request to a few people today morning Aug 03 2005 at = 7:45 am (The meeting was for 2pm). On the sent time it shows as = Wednesday, April 18, 2001 1:20 PM. Can someone please help me fix this?=20 Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59816.C6BA2E80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &...

Hyperlinks open as Read-only??
I am building an excel sheet which contains a number of hyperlinks to other documents (powerpoint presentations, PDF-files, etc), but as I click the hyperlinks they open as read-only files, and I would much prefer that they open within their original program (e.g MS Powerpoint) so that the user will be able to save the linked file locally.. Can anyone help??? Thanks a lot.. /Michael -- Mike67 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mike67's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30895 View this thread: http://www.exce...

Project Break Down Structure
I am trying to create a projects break down structure for my company. I want to divide the company into the departments hosting projects then each department has sub boxes containing the host countries, then sub boxes containing subsidiaries and finaly project box ... each suboridinate must have different custom properties to ease the reporting feature i created this thing on visio but it always gives me trouble updating it ... i created different properties sets and color codes but i still get problems is there a template that does this whole thing for me ...

Opening up a Word doc; Retrieving Outlook Email Messages
I want to open up a microsoft word document, however when I choose "file" "open" it only opens up a grey word doc without the text showing up in the doc, even though I have plenty of disc space, and tried "system restore", also tried a "full-system scan" and no viruses were found. A message dialogue box use to pop up when I tried to open the doc which said: "Check the file permissions for the document drive" - how do I do that? It also said: "Make sure there is sufficient free memory" How? and lastly it said: "Open the ...

Email report that is filtered to one record
I have a database that has three different forms. To navigate from one form to the other and keep the same record, I have an [Event Procedure] set up. Additionally, to print the report for the one recored, I have another [Event Procedure] that filters the report to the record that is displayed. The procedure is as follows: Private Sub printallpages_Click() If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else str...

SQL 2005 Query Response Time
I am sure that at some point people in this forum had to compare response times between variations of the same query. That is, considering there is a lot going on the server, to be able to find 'even ground' and compare apples to apples rather than apple to orages. Could someone tell me how to me how would this need to be done and/or how to setup the envrionment. Thanks in advance RG (nobody@nowhere.com) writes: > I am sure that at some point people in this forum had to compare > response times between variations of the same query. That is, > considerin...

How to Use Powershell to Exec an "ALTER PROC" Script on Every DB
Hi, I'm a PS newbie. How do i use it to update an SP on every DB? I've got 100 DBs on my instance and I need to make a small tweak to an SP on all the DBs. Thanks On 4/13/2010 7:17 AM, nzrdb6 wrote: > Hi, I'm a PS newbie. How do i use it to update an SP on every DB? I've > got 100 DBs on my instance and I need to make a small tweak to an SP > on all the DBs. > > Thanks Install SQLPSX (http://sqlpsx.codeplex.com/). Then from a PS cmd use something like: PS > $instance = Get-sqlserver "server\instance" PS > $instance.databases | ...

Linking two spreadsheets with different print format
Hello, Ok, here is the story lets say I have a two spreads one called a.xls and is formated to print on a ll x17 paper and the other to be printed on a 8.5 x 11 paper which is called b.xls. The format are slightly different because the headings for the ll x 17 are at different rows then the 8.5 x 11 which makes the spreadsheet different also the page breaks are different. Since I don't like the print area command I was wondering is there away to link the 11 x 17 format to the 8.5 x 11 format so that if I make one change in the data in master 11 x 17 page it will show up in the 8.5 x 11...

How do I re-enable links in e-mail messages in Outlook 2007?
Using Outlook 2007 and IE8, suddenly, starting today, all hyperlinks in my non-junk mail (i.e., in my inbox) have been disabled and I get the error message "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator" when I click on a link. This happens on all e-mail messages in my inbox. I am the system administator on this stand-alone laptop. -- Rube "Rube" <Rube@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E17395FC-7B44-4ABB-82CE-DE4604ACCDA7@microsoft.com... > Using Outloo...

open save default for attachments
the open save prompt for an attachment no longer asks if i want to save or open the box must have become unchecked and i cant find hoe to restore This is done via Control Panel > Folder Options > File types > scroll to the file type and then either Edit or Advanced and check confirm after download "RON" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1106a01c3f557$75476940$a101280a@phx.gbl... > the open save prompt for an attachment no longer asks > if i want to save or open the box must have become > unchecked and i cant find hoe to restore ...

Window Hook for Open File Dialog
Hi all: Using VC6, and after updating the SDK and setting _WIN32_WINNT to 0x0500, I encountered the OPENFILENAME size problem, and tried replacing CFileDialog with the CFileDialogST that I found on CodeProject. After slight modification, it works fine (shows the Places bar), but it always puts the file dialog top left on the screen. So I added a Window Hook procedure so I could center the file dialog on my application: static UINT __stdcall OfnHookProc(HWND hdlg, UINT uiMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam); implemented as UINT CFileDialogST::OfnHookProc(HWND hdlg, UINT uiMsg, WPARAM wP...

Referencing data from one cell within the text of another
I am looking for a way to reference data from one cell to be used in the text of another seperate cell. This is for the purpose of looking up stock tickers, where I want to be able to put in the ticker itself (usually a 2 or 3 letter stock ticker) and then have it placed automatically into a web address (hyperlinked) in a seperate cell. For example, I want to be able to place "TA" in one cell (without quotations, of course) and in another cell have it placed at the end of the following web address: "http://www.tsx.ca/HttpController?GetPage=QuotesViewPage&DetailedView=Detai...

New G5 tower has problem opening Word 2004 #2
In article <ee8887d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, coni@officeformac.com wrote: > I have a brand new G5 running OSX 10.4.10. I have installed Office 2004, and > am having trouble launching Word. After double clicking, it opens a blank > window and then freezes as it works it way through the "optomizing font > performance" bar at the bottom of the window. <br><br>It starts to give me a > warning box for one font after another that says "This font is corrupt and > should be removed." I believe, however, that Word itself it installing t...

Opening a Publisher 2000 document in Publisher 2002
I am desperately trying to open a previously saved Publisher 2000 website document in Publisher 2002 but every time I try to opn it, Publisher program goes into safe mode and the document will not open......can someone please help me!! Is there an error message? How large is the document? If you want you can send it my way and I will try to open it. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flying High" <Flying High@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A532EF99-...

New Documents opening protect
When every I open a new word document it is open with the protection on. I am using Word 2007 and would like to turn this off. Any suggestions On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:21:02 -0800, Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When every I open a new word document it is open with the protection on. I am >using Word 2007 and would like to turn this off. Any suggestions Your Normal.dotm template has protection. This is a special case of the problem described at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm, and the solution is the same (see Method 3). -- ...

Time format #4
I have a cell which is formatted to time as hh:mm Now, the user has to type the time in the above format, hh:mm as above. Is it possible for me to allow the user to simply type in the time as hhmm and then for the spreadsheet to automatically format it to hh:mm. So for example, 08:30. I would like the user to be able to type in either 08:30 or 0830 and for the spreadsheet to recognise both entries and format it to 08:30. Any ideaS? Try to find your earlier message, you already got answers http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm it is only possible using VBA -- Regards, Pe...

accessing an excel sheet from multiple other workbooks.
I have an excel sheet calculating cost for various parts. There are many versions of this sheet (different one for each part number). I want all of these sheets to pull some common parameters from one master sheet. This way when these parameters need changed, it must only be done one time. Then all other sheets can be updated. The problem I'm having is that all these excel files while all in the same common folder, are also divided up in subfolders. Is there generic method I can use so they will find the file to import from regardless of whether the master file is in the same folder, a...

Web Service call times out under IIS 5.1
I have code which makes web service calls from within one web application to a web service. Under Visual Studio 2005 (it's .NET 2.0) development server and on 2003 Server / IIS 6 this works fine. Recently (probably sometime in the last month) this has stopped working under IIS 5.1 for no obvious reason. We suspect it may be related to some recent security update but have not yet managed to identify what is going on. An example call looks something like this: try { TestWS.localhost.Service1 oSvc = new TestWS.localhost.Service1(); stri...

Attachments and messages remain open.
I have one user experiencing this problem in Outlook 07 Sp1. She'll open an attachment or an Outlook mail Message saved on the network -- and the first time she opens it, it'll open fine. Then she closes it by clicking the 'X', and it's no longer visible. However, then if she tries to open it again, forward the message, or anyone else tries to open the file on the network -- it claims that she still has the file open. Any thoughts on the issue causing this? Thanks ...

Exchange is taking too long time to shut or start up
Hi; I have exc2k3 SP1 on a win2k3 SP1. Exchange takes too long time to shut down or boot up.. is there a way to speed this up. any tools, any methods, or prsedure i can use? Thanks Mike Why are you shutting it down? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Chet Guzel" <chet@nestech.net> wrote in message news:uOxRG8qzFHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi; > I have exc2k3 SP1 on a win2k3 SP1. > Exchange takes too long time to shut down or boot up.. is there a way to > speed this up. any tools, any methods, or ...

opening excel from cmd
Hi all, I want to open an excel file from CMD and dont want to loose focus from the current application. I am using "spawn" ( similar to SHELL ) to run commands on CMD. If I write spawn "c:\test.xls" it opens the excel , but also set focus to it. I do not want to loose the focus from the application. If it is possible to hide it then it will be well and good. Could anybody help with this? ...

What is the formula for getting time difference e.g. ("4 hrs 15 m.
I have 2 rows - one has a start time and other has the end time. In the third row, i want to display the difference between two times. And it should come in this manner... "4 hrs 15 min".. what would be the exact formula? Regards sandeep A B C 1 Start Time End Time Delta 2 8:00 10:20 =B2-A2 You'll then have to format the C column to have time in the format you want. "Sandeep Manjrekar" <SandeepManjrekar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AA54934-E119-46AE-8822-E...

How do I remove "cannot open template wizard" msg box?
I saved a worksheet as a template. Then I resaved it as an .xls file. However when I open it now, I receive the above message when I open the worksheet. How do I stop it? Somewhere there is hidden code that says "I am a template"!!! ...

Can I open a csv file with xls extension in Excel 2002?
It works on Excel 97, 2000, but not 2002. Thanks! Does this mean you can't open it via File|Open or by double clicking on the file in windows explorer? Or something else? A little more info will get you a better response. Geoff wrote: > > It works on Excel 97, 2000, but not 2002. > > Thanks! -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...