One cell from several sheets to one column

I have a spreadsheet with over 200 tabs/worksheets.  I want to copy the
same cell from every worksheet into one sheet into a single column.
The worksheets have unique names.  Is a macro the easiest way to move
the data? If so, how can I set the macro up to go through each tab, so
I don't have to go to each tab and run the macro separately?

Thanks,
Kel

Examples of sheet names and what cell you want?

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"Kel" <keljohnson2@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have a spreadsheet with over 200 tabs/worksheets.  I want to copy the
> same cell from every worksheet into one sheet into a single column.
> The worksheets have unique names.  Is a macro the easiest way to move
> the data? If so, how can I set the macro up to go through each tab, so
> I don't have to go to each tab and run the macro separately?
>
> Thanks,
> Kel

0
ken.wright (2489)
2/16/2005 11:58:52 PM
The sheets are named with unique loan numbers, ie 0157654 and 5458467.
The cells are text, in cell A5. I want to create a new worksheet/book
called All.  The A1 value in All would be equal to A5 in 0157654, the
A2 value in All would be equal to A5 in 5458467, etc.

Ken Wright wrote:
> Examples of sheet names and what cell you want?
>
> --
> Regards
>            Ken.......................    Microsoft MVP - Excel
>               Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

>                   It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission
:-)

> "Kel" <keljohnson2@aol.com> wrote in message
> > I have a spreadsheet with over 200 tabs/worksheets.  I want to copy
the
> > same cell from every worksheet into one sheet into a single column.
> > The worksheets have unique names.  Is a macro the easiest way to
move
> > the data? If so, how can I set the macro up to go through each tab,
so
> > I don't have to go to each tab and run the macro separately?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kel

Do you have a list of those account numbers anywhere other than on those
tabs.  If so and you can dump a list of them onto your new sheet, then take
a look at the INDIRECT function, eg

Assuming you the account number
5458467

and you had a tab named like that, then you could reference A5 like
='5458467'!A5

or assuming you had your list of account numbers in Col B starting B1, then
in A1 you had

=INDIRECT("'"&B1&"'!A5") and copied down

--

> The sheets are named with unique loan numbers, ie 0157654 and 5458467.
> The cells are text, in cell A5. I want to create a new worksheet/book
> called All.  The A1 value in All would be equal to A5 in 0157654, the
> A2 value in All would be equal to A5 in 5458467, etc.
>
> Ken Wright wrote:
> > Examples of sheet names and what cell you want?
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >            Ken.......................    Microsoft MVP - Excel
> >               Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

> >                   It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission
> :-)

> > "Kel" <keljohnson2@aol.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a spreadsheet with over 200 tabs/worksheets.  I want to copy
> the
> > > same cell from every worksheet into one sheet into a single column.
> > > The worksheets have unique names.  Is a macro the easiest way to
> move
> > > the data? If so, how can I set the macro up to go through each tab,
> so
> > > I don't have to go to each tab and run the macro separately?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Kel

0
ken.wright (2489)
2/17/2005 12:52:34 AM
Kel

Sub Copy_Data()
Dim w As Worksheet
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Set CopytoSheet = Worksheets.Add
            CopytoSheet.Name = "Copyto"
    For Each w In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
        w.Range("A1").Copy Destination:=Sheets("CopyTo") _
        .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
    Next w
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Adjust "A1" to the cell in question.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 16 Feb 2005 15:55:51 -0800, "Kel" <keljohnson2@aol.com> wrote:

>I have a spreadsheet with over 200 tabs/worksheets.  I want to copy the
>same cell from every worksheet into one sheet into a single column.
>The worksheets have unique names.  Is a macro the easiest way to move
>the data? If so, how can I set the macro up to go through each tab, so
>I don't have to go to each tab and run the macro separately?
>
>Thanks,
>Kel

0
Gord
2/17/2005 12:59:16 AM
I don't have a list of the loan numbers....Is there anyway to add the
tab names to this code?  Also, since I have more than one cell I do
need to grab, how do I change the code to copy a second cell, ie A2,
into Column B?  In addition, there is a third cell I'd like to grab,
but it varies on each sheet.  The common bond between them is its in a
column where in the top cell the word Balance is entered.  I need the
last cell in the column.  I'm thinking a macro can handle doing a find,
then end down to find this value, Right??

Excel VB-Copy formula down until adjacent cell (left) is blank?
Here is exactly what I am trying to do through VB in Excel: Weekly data pull fills colums A:G. Row count is always different. I am modifying the data pull through VB, and I have a VLOOKUP formula in cell H2. What I want VB to do is copy that formula down column H to the last row (with data) each week. I guess I want it to be dynamic so that as rows decrease/increase the formula is only copied down to the final row/record. I know someone out of this smart group will know how to do this! Thanks in advance! Tony (pseudo code) in a macro .... dim lngLastrow as long dim rngTarget...

Off by one transaction
When we are posting to the General Legder, the control # of transactions are off exactly one transaction to the actual # of transactions. We don't understand why this is so because we physically counted the transactions and the actual # of transactions are correct but the control # transactions are off by one. We posted anyway because we physically counted them, but for future use we would like to know why the # of transactions are off by one. If you have an answer to our dilemma please respond back. Much Appreciated, Matt Barran Matt: The Control Total is a number you enter,...

One column with different widths
I want to make Column A with rows 1-29 one width and rows 30 and above another width. -- Calpitor Excel does not allow varying widths of cells within a column (or heights within rows). You could used 'Merged' cells to accomodate the wider column needs. HTH -- swatsp0p ------------------------------------------------------------------------ swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476150 ...

Q: Referencing named cells in external worksheet ?
Using Excel 2002. I have a workbook with 12 worksheets (one for every month of the year), wherein a lot of the information is looked-up (using VLOOKUP) in simples arrays. I saw no point in implementing the arrays as a 13th worksheet, because I will have a yearly version of my monthly worksheets in one workbook (so one for 2003, 2004, etc). If I change the array(s), I want them to be reflected in all referencing cells. Problem: If my workbook containing my arrays (called "Global") is loaded, I have no problem and the references to it read as: (blabla) 'Global.xls'!Roster ...

Cutting and Pasteing from One spreadsheet to another.
Im trying to make up several templates that contain simliar data references. I want to cut from one template to another a number of cells. eg I have the following in one spreadsheet. =Info!G5 =Info!G6 =Info!G7 =Info!G8 =Info!G9 =Info!G10 =Info!G11 etc I simply want to cut this text exactly as it is and paste it into another spread sheet. However when I do I get the following ='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Templates\_Test_Excel_Access_Merge\[S8-R200a.xls]Info'!G5 ='C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Templates\_Test_Excel_Access_Merge\[S8-R200a.xls]Info'!G6 etc. Re...

Visible cell characters
Can I increase the # of characters that are visible in a cell? 67 Excel Help on "limits" or "specifications" reveals that Excel will allow 32,767 characters to be entered in a cell. However, it goes on to state that "only 1024 characters will be visible or can be printed" To work around this limitation, stick a few ALT + ENTERs in at appropriate spots. The ALT + ENTER forces a line-feed and expands the 1024 limit. How far is not really known. Just experiment. .........From Dave Peterson.......... I put this formula in A1: ="xxx"& REPT(REPT(&...

Cell Reference Problem with Network
Let's say I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets = SheetA and SheetB. SheetA might reference a cell in SheetB with a formula like =SheetB!A1 But when I move this to the network the reference changes to include the network drive and file name like: ='Z:\FOLDER\[FILE]SheetB!A1 the file may move from my laptop to the network several times and this becomes completely confusion as the reference looks, not within the same spreadsheet which is what I want it to to, but for another file out on the network. How do I explicitly reference a cell within a difference worksheet but alwa...

How to generate a truly empty cell
"" generates a zero-length string, not a truly empty cell. This is causing problems elsewhere. I'd like to find an output for an IF statement that will give me a truly empty cell. The current formula is: =IF(COUNT(C24:C29)>0,SUM(C24:C29),"") Any ideas? If it involves a macro (as I think it might, having read other posts), please explain how to implement it. Thanks! <This is causing problems elsewhere> It shouldn't. Don't use ISBLANK(A1), use A1="" -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "paulkaye" <paulmjkaye@gm...

Splitting cells
in cell A1 i have the numbers 123456789. i want cell B1 to have numbers 1234567 and cell C1 to have just 89. what is the formula? i have tried text to columns If this is for extracting the first 7 characters use LEFT() =LEFT(A1,7) =RIGHT(A1,2) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "fazz" wrote: > in cell A1 i have the numbers 123456789. i want cell B1 to have numbers > 1234567 and cell C1 to have just 89. what is the formula? i have tried text > to columns Hello Jacob - i did not explain this very well.The digits in cell A1 is variable length. In cell C1 i n...

How to represent a column in Excel
Hi, everyone I currently have a formula. {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G75="Verified")*(Data!K2:K75<=7),1,0))} However, the length of both column G and K are not fixed. The data is retrieved from a remote database. Is there any other way to represent it ? Thanks One quick-and-dirty way is to just do the whole column, x`like: > {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G65536="Verified")*(Data!K2:K65536<=7),1,0))} It won't be appropriate for Excel 2007, but is there any chance at all you'll actually fill the sheet to row 65536? It's also considered somewhat sloppy, but you'...

making a sum outcome negative based on adjacent cell value
I have 3 columns of single figures. At present i'm using the sumproduc fuction to multiply and total the figures in column A that fall betwee 4 and 9 with the adjacent figure in column B... =SUMPRODUCT(--($A1:$A600>=4),--($A1:$A600<=9),($B1:$B600),($A1:$A600) I'd like to add column C to the formula, so that if it contained value of -1, 1 or 2, the sum of the adjacent figures in columns A and appears as a negative number. For example A3= 7, B3= 2, C3= 1 Outcome= -14 A4= 9, B4= 1, C4= 5 Outcome= 9 A5= 3, B5= 2, C5= 2 No sum because figure in column A ...

Merged Cells
I have imported data into Excel. The left-hand column has merged cells containing a reference number. The remaining columns contain varying records associated with the reference number, a one to many ratio. I need to display the worksheet so that the appropriate reference number is displayed in the left-hand column for each of the records in the worksheet. There are hundreds of reference numbers. Is there an automated way to do this besides unmerging each section and copying the reference number into the now unmerged cells? Thank you. ...

HOW to COUNT THE FREQUENCY of specific CHARACTER WITHIN a CELL?
How can a frequency of a specific character be counted with in a cell. Ex -" #4 Bluebirds, #6 Aquatic" is in cell B2 - how do I count the number of "#" that appear in cell B2? =LEN(B2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(B2,"#","")) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >How can a frequency of a specific character be counted with in a cell. Ex -" >#4 Bluebirds, #6 Aquatic" is in cell B2 - how do I count the number of "#" >that appear in cell B2? >. > ...

getting info from a pull down menu and looking up column to get co
Sorry I don't know all the jargon, but basically i have made a list called employee and used it to make pulldown menus in multiple worksheets to enable me to select an employee for labor costs. Now I want to lookup(from the pull down menu,another list I made Called name, another list i made call rate) to be entered in the rate column. The "name" list='Employee records'!$A$3,'Employee records'!$A$4,'Employee records'!$A$5,etc... The "rate" list='Employee records'!$C$3,'Employee records'!$C$4,'Employee recor...

Insert Trigger to Update Value of Column in Inserted Row
I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of a column in the inserted row with the value of a column from another database table. The table into which the row is inserted does not have a primary key match with the other database table. The two tables can be related through a join to a third table. "CarlC" <CarlC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834D03E6-84CA-4CF3-9781-12FA18713940@microsoft.com... >I am trying to write a SQL Insert trigger which would populate the value of >a > column in the inserted ...

How do I hide text beyond the last column in Excel?
In the last column of spreadsheet, if the text goes beyond the column boundary, how is the text truncated in the next cell. I know you can enter blanks in the next column, and that will achieve the desired effect, but that's not an optimal solution for us. Could you just hide all of the columns to the right of those cells? Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "GetVigilant-Jon" wrote: > In the last column of spreadsheet, if the text goes beyond the column > boundary, how is the text truncated in the next cell. I know you can enter > blanks in the next colum...

How many decimal places can a cell display?
How many decimal places can be displayed in a cell? I'm running a brute force VBA procedure of finding fractions that will approximate pi to as many decimal places as Excel will display, but I don't know how many decimal places Excel will display accurately. Anybody know? I guess this is also a matter of how many decimal places VBA will calculate accurately as well. Sub PiFractions() Dim dividend As Integer, divisor As Integer, quotient As Double Dim rowpointer As Byte rowpointer = 1 For dividend = 22 To 10000 For divisor = 7 To dividend \ 3 quotient = dividend / diviso...

COUNT /COUNTIF for Multiple Column Defined Dynamic Named Range
Hi, Would like to use Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" in Formula. The Dynami Named Range "RESULTS" spans 30 COLUMNS and many ROWS. Need help with Formula to COUNT specified criteria in each separat COLUMN of the Defined Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS". Looking for on Formula that can be adapted with an OFFSET / INDEX to work on the othe COLUMNS. Example Results required from Formula: COLUMN 1 in Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" - COUNT instances of numbe 75 COLUMN 2 in Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" - COUNT instances of numbe 75 COLUMN 30 in Dy...

When pasting the cell content sometimes disappears when scrolling
When I paste information from a different source into Excel and scroll down the text in certain columns is disappearing. When I scroll back up some of it reappears and some disappears again. The template was originally created in Excel 2003 (I think) and we've just upgraded to 2007 so I'm assuming it has something to do with that as I've never come across this problem before. Is there a setting I need to change or do we need to start the template all over again. It's quite a complex template so that would have to be my last option. Any help appreciated. Many thanks...

Setting Cell Color within a Cell
I'm using quick test professional which uses Excel DataTables, but with half the functionality. I'm basically exporting a the datatable from Mercury quick test to excel. With in my quick test script I'm performing a compare between two excel documents, and I wish to represent the difference with a Red background. Basically, Is they anyway in which I could add so code within my cell that would automatically change the back ground color. Example: My result is 4.13. I would then change this variable within quicktest to something like vbRed.4.13. Then when it gets sen...

Adding Formula to Existing Cells
In Excel, I have a column with various numbers in each row. I want to multiple each number by 1.02. Short of doing this with extra columns, is there a way to use find/replace and add *1.02 to whatever is already existing in each cell? Paige, Enter 1.02 in some blank cell and copy that cell. Then select the number you want to multiply by 1.02. Go to the Edit menu, choose Paste Special, and choose the Multiply operation. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "paige" <anonymous@discussio...

Formatting a column
Hey all. I am creating a report from a queury I built and for some reason it won't let me format one of the columns. There is nothing in the drop down box under Format. Here is the expression: Expr3: IIf([Expr2]/[SLA]=0," ",[Expr2]/[SLA]) It reflects the correct number, but I want to reflect it as a percent. For some reason the 'IIf' statement is not formatable? Is that correct? Any ideas? Love Buzz wrote: >Hey all. > >I am creating a report from a queury I built and for some reason it won't >let me format one of the columns. There is nothin...

Two different organizers in one meting
imagine the folowing: Person A is the assistant of Person B, who has given delegation on his calender. When person A makes a meeting request in the calendar of person B and has made a reservation of a resource (meeting room), everything seems to be working fine. however, when person A opens the meeting request in the calendar folder of Person B, I can see that the organizer of the meeting is Person B. When I open the meeting in the calendar of the resource mailbox, the organizer of the meeting is Person A ?? This occurs with Outlook 2007 SP2 and Exchange 2010. Is there a way t...

SUM cells in every other column IF adjacent cell equals a criteria???
I'm setting up a spreadsheet that will be added to daily. Each day has two columns... column A is a drop down list with limited choices (lets say 2). Column B will be a number. Day two will be column C and D... C will be the drop down list and D will be a number. Day three will be column E and F and so on. Now the tricky part is for me to SUM the numbers from each day for the matching drop down choice. Example: I want to SUM B1,D1,F1... but only if A1,C1,E1... equals the criteria. Trying to be as clear as possible... what I should have in the end is 2 (the drop down choices) different ce...

Hyperlink from one sheet to the hyperlink on another
I want to click on a hyperlink on sheet1 and have it open a hyperlink on sheet2, rather than just going to the cell reference on sheet2. I can't work out how to do it. Does anyone have any ideas? AO > I want to click on a hyperlink on sheet1 and have it open a hyperlink on > sheet2, rather than just going to the cell reference on sheet2. > > I can't work out how to do it. Does anyone have any ideas? Why not include an optional second hyperlink on sheet 1 which goes straight to the point that the hyperlink on sheet 2 is directed? Griff The idea is that all of the...