Office XP Professional User having Trouble Accessing Excel and Office Updates

I am suddenly having trouble accessing Excel and Office
Updates.

According to my profile I have the following version of
Office:

MSOffice XP Professional Version 2002 SP1

When I try to go in to Excel I get a Windows Installer
pop-up.  Then its goes to Windows Installer and I get an
error message saying" the feature you are trying to use
is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Then I get Error 1706.  Setup cannot fing the required
files.
The patch
\\Puma\base\software\desktop\officexp\PROPLUS.MSI cannot
be found

I am also running into a similar problem when trying to
download the latest office updates such as the MS Word
and Excel Security patches the download says I should
install.  I get the same type of message concerning
PROPLUS.MSI

0
anonymous (74722)

Sounds like you originally installed the product from a machine named
"Puma". Where is Puma now?

Do you have your original installation CDs?  You should be able to insert
your Office XP Professional installation CD (Disk 1) into the CD drive and
continue the installation.

Did you know that Microsoft offers free installation support?  Just call
them at 425-454-2030 if you're having trouble and have your installation CD
in hand.

/i.

"Tom G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am suddenly having trouble accessing Excel and Office
> Updates.
>
> According to my profile I have the following version of
> Office:
>
> MSOffice XP Professional Version 2002 SP1
>
> When I try to go in to Excel I get a Windows Installer
> pop-up.  Then its goes to Windows Installer and I get an
> error message saying" the feature you are trying to use
> is on a network resource that is unavailable.
>
> Then I get Error 1706.  Setup cannot fing the required
> files.
> The patch
> \\Puma\base\software\desktop\officexp\PROPLUS.MSI cannot
> be found
>
> I am also running into a similar problem when trying to
> download the latest office updates such as the MS Word
> and Excel Security patches the download says I should
> install.  I get the same type of message concerning
> PROPLUS.MSI

0
ismits.no (54)

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Reporting from Project Server

Looking for Excel Help

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Users ability to Manage Groups

learning Excel #3

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?

Security Updates-Uninstall
I was wondering if anyone knows how to backdown security updates? We ran the latest security updates for our servers and now most of our applications won't run properly. Has anyone had this experience before? Can we back these down? Cheers. Control Panel -> Add remove programs ??? "Geoff" wrote: > I was wondering if anyone knows how to backdown security > updates? We ran the latest security updates for our > servers and now most of our applications won't run > properly. Has anyone had this experience before? Can we > back these down? > ...

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Access to User Calendar

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Excel VBA