Office Assistant character file?

How do you install an Office Assistant character file?
0
billcamp (4)

Depends if you are on Office 2003 in which case you can only use the
assistants already installed

"billcamp" wrote:

> How do you install an Office Assistant character file?
Thanks for your reply. I am afraid I dont know what Office Assistant is. I'll
have to do some research and see if I can find out what this is all about.
For example: I dont know how to get into the Maintenance Mode. Is there a
good book that might help? Thanks again,   William (Bill) Camp

"DB Queen (Not)" wrote:

> Depends if you are on Office 2003 in which case you can only use the
> assistants already installed
>
> "billcamp" wrote:
>
> > How do you install an Office Assistant character file?
0
billcamp (4)

Problem: "Debug Assertion Failed", File:afxcmn.inl
Hi, I have created an ActiveX ocx control in VC++6.0. When I run it in an ActiveX container of TSTCON32.exe. (the one that is shown while debugging) it runs perfectly. Iam trying to include it in a webpage (I am using visual-interdev for web page creation) by first customizing the toolbox for that ActiveX control and then dragging it to the web page from the toolbox. As soon as I drag it to the webpage, the IDE crashes with a message "Debug Assertion Failed", File:afxcmn.inl Can u suggest me why the problem is occurring and whets the probable solution. Thanks in advance Vijay...

File Dialog in access 2007 01-11-10
Im having problems with the following code in access 2007. I'm trying to open a file dialog to place an image into a form. Any help would be appreciated Reghards Rob. Sub getFileName() ' Displays the Office File Open dialog to choose a file name ' for the current id record. If the user selects a file ' display it in the image control. Dim fileName As String Dim result As Integer With Application.FileDialog(MsoFileDialogOpen) .Title = "Select Picture" .AllowMultiSelect = False .Filters.Clear...

Off Topic First look Office 2010
Off Topic First look Office 2010 In a different list many people expressed that they have difficulties in down loading the ebook "Firstlook Office 2010" published by Microsoft. I was able to get it, of course with some difficulty. For the benefit of others....I have uploaded the same to yousendit. Here is the link. http://rcpt.yousendit.com/791702352/e1911e9fc6d8b04bca9f92ff5bebe5e4 Those who want it may download it. It will be there there for 7 more days only seena Spammer can't even get the right newsgroup. "Srinivasulu B" <bhattarams@gmail.com...

How do you check on Vista if .exe file is 32-bit or 64-bit?
Assume 64-bit Vista and assume that you do not want to run/ execute .exe file. Is there a utility that will read an .exe file and provide specifics like 32-bit or 64-bit code? I can use VS2008 to open any .exe file and it will display a lot of info included there but none indicates if the code was compiled as 32- bit or 64-bit >Is there a utility that will read an .exe file and provide specifics >like 32-bit or 64-bit code? depends (www.dependencywalker.com) or dumpbin /HEADERS Dave ...

Publisher can't open a file it just created
Working with Publisher 2003 we just reinstalled it on a computer because it started have problems opening publisher 2003 files. If I create a new file in publisher then save it, when I try to open it again it tells me that it can not open this file. Has anyone else run into this? It happened on another computer once before and we formated and reinstalled windows. I'd like to not have to re install windows if I can help it. Chris Are you saving the file to the hard drive? Do you have Norton? If so disable "script blocking" and in Norton's options disable "Of...

Money 2004 standar didn't convert Money 2000 delux file
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy it. I used to have a Money 2000 Deluxe. When I try to convert my data file, to work with Money 2004 the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot convert the file" Is there any way I can Convert the file even if the previous version was a Delux and the new is an Standar version? Thanks Fernando Sainz ...

Insert a file path as a hyperlink
Is there a way to browse and select the file path and insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000? Like, in what application? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Brooke asked: | Is there a way to browse and select the file path and | insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000? First, you have to select HTML from the Format menu. Then, type or past...

A way to link master pages from a master file in publisher?
Is there a way to create a master file (i.e. a template) and link it to several publisher files? That way if the border etc... changes inthe master file, it is updated in all the other linked files. I have figured out master pages, but the files get way to big if I want to contain my entire portfolio on one file. ...

Sharing outlook express files
If this question is to the wrong ng apologies and please point me in the right direction! I have two computers, both running XP home, linked through a recently acquired Dell wireless router. I want to be able to use either machine for email, using the same email files. The older machine has my email .dbx files. I have shared the folder concerned and made it writable. On the newer machine (laptop) I use Outlook express tools->options->maintenance->store folder and point it at the folder on the other machine. Tells me it will happen next time I restart Express...but nothing happens, ...

How do I read text file in an EXCEL SHEET
Hello, With regards to EXCEL how we read the text file in EXCEL sheet using MACRO. The file is located in d:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt. I want to save the EXCEL sheet, and every time when I open this sheet it reads this text file and displays the contents of this text file in Excel Sheet. I want to use MACRO for reading this text file.How I do that? Thanks Amit fileName = "D:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt" Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName OR Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName, Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow _ :=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array( _ Array(0,...

Set Out of Office to recur every week
Using Outlook 2000, is it possible to automate OOO to turn on every (for example) Tuesday night, and turn off again on Thursday morning? TIA Not that I know of. C de Vries wrote: > Using Outlook 2000, is it possible to automate OOO to turn on every > (for example) Tuesday night, and turn off again on Thursday morning? > > TIA ...

How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office > 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? Delete these two files: ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist where ~ is your home folder, and HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist -- Diane, ...

Lost file
My daughter turned off my computer before I could name/save a file in Excel. Will a temp version of it exist anywhere? Thanks! ...

Auto format causes very large .xls files and slows my application.
I don't know how many rows of data will be entered at runtime. Presently I guess the maximum and apply auto format conditions to all rows that "could" be used. But this is creating very large .xls files (35MB) and is very inefficient since every cell format is reassessed every time the workbook is modified (can't switch off auto calc since users will forget to calc ! it's ok for me but not them.). Without using VBA, is there a way to apply auto format to rows containing data ? Select the range, then use Format - Autoformat. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthis...

Saving attached files in Outlook
What is OLK8 and what is it supposed to do? Outlook wants to save attached files to a folder called OLK8. When I want to go find the files I can't find the folder OLK8 even thought the save path indicated that it was in "local settings". It doesn't appear to be a hidden file. Why is OLK8 so hard to find when it is the default Outlook save location? The MS KB is (per usual) no help. It is a temporary file for storing attachments. If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, try turning on hidden and system folders and then go look again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

Access 2K7
I followed the directions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285820 When I run it, I'm getting the error: "438 Object doesn't support this property or method" It looks like it's breaking on this bit of code: ".Picture = strImagePath" Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Module code: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Function DisplayImage(ctlImageControl As Control, strImagePath As Variant) As String On Error GoTo Err_DisplayImage Dim strResult As String Dim strDatabasePath As String Dim intSlashLo...

Exporting One File to Two Others
Here's the situation - hopefully someone can answer my question or come up with a better idea. My daughter owns a used book store and has and inventory of over 10,000 books. My thoughts were to have three different files for serch purposes. ie Title, Auther, Subjuct Matter and add a Referance Number to each book. This way if a customer askes for a book, the serch would be easy. The problem lies in the sales. When a customer purchases a book, she would write down the Referance Number on a sheet of paper then at the end of the day, enter all the days Reference Number into the fi...

Online banking trashes my Money File
Hi. This started happening last week. When I connect to the internet and Money 2004 is either in the process of downloading my (many) active statements it abends with the "Send Error Report" dialog box. When I restart, I sometimes have to go through a second crash. When I eventually view my accounts, I'm told I have statements to read but they aren't bolded, so I can't see what they are. I do a file repair, and I crash when I try to view my statements. It seems the only way to continue is to restore from a backup file and completely eliminate background backing. Any sugg...

same numer/character at beginning of cells in row
I have to make a worksheet of products. I can copy the part numbers but need to have all the part numbers preceded by "2M" no quotation marks. example: starting number looks like this "el000c" need to have it look like this "3Bel000c". The information is being copied from several other sheets via cut and paste. Is it possible to paste the "el000c" number with the 3B already there and staying after pasting several cells at once? Thanks in advance regardless of the answer. Do you want to precede with "2M" or "3B"? Or is i...

Accessing Money 2001 files w/Money 2005
I have been using Money 2001 for, well, about 4 yrs. Thought it was time to upgrade and bought Money 2005. I can't access my M2001 backup file with M2005. I've gone through tech support and they couldn't help me. Anyone here have any suggestions? Besides trying to take the software back to the store. In microsoft.public.money, frustrated in WA wrote: >I have been using Money 2001 for, well, about 4 yrs. >Thought it was time to upgrade and bought Money 2005. I >can't access my M2001 backup file with M2005. I've gone >through tech support and they couldn...

OE unsafe file attachement message
Each time I send an e-mail with an attachment there is a message stating the following: "OE removed access to the following unsafe file attachments". I was able to discover this by looking in my sent items folder and pulling up each individual e-mail. However, I did a test and sent to some people they did receive the e-mail and attachments. Any idea what this is all about. Thanks in advance! This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will...

checking to see if an mdb file is currently open
Is there a way to that VBA can check to see if another mde file (myApp.mde) is currently running in the client computer, and return TRUE if it is? Thanks in advance, Paul I should also have added that I'd also like VBA to make that file, myApp.mde, the current Window. > Is there a way to that VBA can check to see if another mde file > (myApp.mde) is currently running in the client computer, and return TRUE > if it is? > > Thanks in advance, > > Paul > ...

change a word file back to a pdf file
i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf file in microsoft outlook. Also i could not read the file in word Please Help You post Word, PDF question in Outlook group? "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A6AFC3C-2780-4182-BAFC-C07D3D9A7FF3@microsoft.com... >i changed a pdf file in to a word file how can i change it back to a pdf >file > in microsoft outlook. > > Also i could not read the file in word > Please Help Did you change it by simply renaming the file extension? -- Kathleen Orland - MVP...

How can I convert a Publisher 97 file to Publisher 2000 so I can o
I need to open a Publisher 97 file from a disk with my Publisher 2000 Deluxe edition. Pub 2000 says it can't open previous versions. Any ideas? Disable your anti-virus software and try again. If you have Norton, disable "script blocking" and in Norton options, misc. clear "Office Plug-in." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Picbro Okajun" <Picbro Okajun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E19BDCCA-4245-468C-A3F8-37C63FB5AA0F@microsoft.com... >I need to open a Pu...

Why does office turn off when I delete a message?
I have Office Outlook 2003 SP1 and all critical updates. When I do anything with a message, other than read it (for instance, delete it), Outlook shuts down and the message appears telling me that the program has run into a problem and needs to close. There is no error number and no recourse but to click to either send an error report or don't to MS. Has anyone had this problem and has anyone found a cure for it. Thanks for whatever help you can give me. Try both detect and repair and scanpst.exe. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the disc...