Office 97 on Windows XP

Can anyone tell me if I will have problems if I load my
Office 97 Excel onto my new windows xp computer that only
came with the works program?
0
anonymous (74722)

Should be fine.  I run Excel 95 through 2003 on windows XP.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Peggy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Can anyone tell me if I will have problems if I load my
| Office 97 Excel onto my new windows xp computer that only
| came with the works program?

0
jrrech (1932)

I can not install Office Ultimate 2007
The following are previous posts which might help the group understand my dilemna. Thanks in advance for any info/solutions you can give me. I installed XP SP3 again out of desperation even if I know this will create havoc to my system, i.e." endless rebooting". The install was successfull but I still cannot install Office Ultimate 2007, still getting the setup error: " the language of this installation package is not supported by your system". Plus I get this additional problems of endless rebooting which I found a temporary solution AND the difficulty of re...

Clip Art Gallery Issues (Office 2004)
Sorry if this has been discussed before, could not find anything in the newsgroup. I have attempted to download clip art from the Microsoft website and once downloaded to the desktop I cannot import it into the gallery. I open Word and go to insert -> Picture -> clip art and then import the file, and I get an error message stating " Attempt to open database file clipart failed" When I try to import by running the Clip Gallery application, it refuses to import because "it can only be run within office". Is there a workaround for this? Thanks in advance. R Burgos ...

Windows Mail spell check frequently crashes
I have had 32-bit Vista running on this laptop for well over a year. All updates are done when they appear. When I do a spell check of my email, more often than not the spell check causes an error (no codes given) that asks if I want to restart the application - no real choice, of course. Often I even lose the saved draft and start all over (I now save to a text editor before doing a check). The language is English and always has been. This is my only Vista machine so I can't say if it happens elsewhere. Does anyone know of a reason this may be happening and how I can fi...

Windows XP Pro as a file/media server
I have a few questions about setting up XP Pro to be a file/media server: 1) Is there a way to password protect all my shared items (ie. printer, partitions and folders) so others in the home network will have to type a password in order to access the items? I managed to share a folder in XP, but then Win7 just opened it and never asked for a password. 2) If the above answer is yes, then is there a way to make that password permanent in each pc? 3) Is it possible to share an old usb scanner from HP (Scanjet 2400), also password protected, without the use of paid software? ...

Office 2004 fonts are corrupt...
Hello--I have a user who has a G5 with 10.3.9 and all pertinant updates installed. He is using a valid upgrade copy of Office 2k4. Lately, whenever he attempts to open any office app he gets an error saying his font is corrupt or missing, then the errors continue down the entire list of 70 something fonts within Office. He has to do a Force Quit because the apps never open. Can I just copy out the fonts from the CD and replace them? When I loaded the CD there doesn't seem to be any "detect and repair" options a la Win O2k3... I suppose I can just reinstall O2K4 (over itself?) ...

Running Office for users with directories not on startup volume (ref: KB322237)
There appears to be a problem with running MS Office for users whose home directory is *not* located on the startup volume. This problem prevents running Visual Basic Applications (VBA) within any Office Application, and also interferes with macro execution. While this problem has been noted for a while, it has not been fixed with any of the updates issued by Microsoft (up through 10.1.5) nor is it resolved by running the latest version of Mac OS (10.3.2). If anyone reading this newsgroup has any recommendations for how to work around this problem, I would be very grateful for any in...

windows help message board?
Hi, I'm looking for some help with something in Windows 2000 (I want to see if there is a way to protect files from being dragged). I've found some message boards, but they don't seem to see much action, and I was hoping to figure this out today. I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a message board I may want to check out for help with Windows? Thanks! -- blazon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ blazon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27409 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sho...

Access File/Directory Window (HELP)
I am trying to find either an add-in or code to automatically put a file explorer inside an Access form. I would like to browse thru a database table that contains a list of directories and the file explorer displays the contents (files and folders) in a form window. Other things I would like to do inside of the file explorer is double click word docs to open or move thru the directories inside of the file explorer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, Mike Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm at "The Access Web". Note that that...

windows media player aborting
Lately media player has stopped working 100% when trying to show videos only. Its plays songs and pics fine. When you click on video the dialog box appears showing windows media player has stopped working thats it. This player came with the computer as well as vista home premium edition Build Lab: 6001.vistasp1_gdr.090805-0102 Geo ID: United States Type: Workstation DRM Version: 11.0.6001.7000 Architecture: x86 Indiv Version: 2.8.0.1 Processors: 2 Can you help to explain what is happening Would it be possible to post the technical details of this crash? Instructions o...

Out of office auto reply #3
How can I change or eliminate the words "Out of Office Reply" from the message that automatically replies to mail upon placement in my "Inbox"? [Step-by-step please.] Step 1. You can't. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After a lot of head-scratching, bcooper@seyfarth.com asked: | How can I change or eliminate the words "Out of Office | Reply" from the message that automa...

Windows 2003 SP 2
Hi Does anyone has installed Windows 2003 SP2 yet? A was wondering if there is any issues installing this SP on a Exchange 2003 SP2 box? Thanks for your help! "ibre34@gmail.com" wrote: > Does anyone has installed Windows 2003 SP2 yet? We installed it last week. > A was wondering if there is any issues installing this SP on a > Exchange 2003 SP2 box? I was wondering the same thing, but no issues to report yet (at least no issues that didn't exist before SP2). We installed it hoping it would fix a specific issue, but the issue may be deeper-seated than we ori...

Office 2007 Trial version.
The 60-day trial version has been running on the user's machine or about 3 months now. Outlook has locked out the 'reply to' mssage option. User only requires Outlook and does NOT need Word or Excel. If I purchase just Outlook 2007 can I activate just the installed Outlook, or does the whole of the trial version of Office (including Outlook) need to be uninstalled first? Yes, you have to uninstall the Trial & its Activation Assistant, reboot, prior to installing any paid for version "G0AOZ" <G0AOZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Out of office Subject Line
Is there anyway to change the Subject line on an Out of Office Auto message. I'm using office 2000 SP3 In news:ugsBie5cGHA.1856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, Patricia <Patricia> typed: > Is there anyway to change the Subject line on an Out of Office Auto > message. > I'm using office 2000 SP3 If you're using Exchange and Out of Office, you can't modify this. If you're using an Outlook rule, you can put in whatever you like, I believe.... If you re not using Microsoft Exchange you can use an add-in for Outlook called Auto Reply Manager. You can find it h...

Multiple Accounts in MS Office
MS Office Student and teacher comes with 3 licenses. We have two users on one iMAC. Office was installed in one of them and shows up on the dock. In the other you have to go to the finder. All of the default information (name, email address etc.) that is entered during the install shows up in both iMac accounts. Is there a way to have the information default the the particular user or do I have to install Office twice (or at least use up two licenses) on the same computer in order to make that happen. Thanks You *don't* need to use another license for the same computer, nor to re-instal...

Windows Defender Error 01-16-10
When I try to scan my Vista Home Premium system with Windows Defender, the scan runs normally for about a minute and then terminates with this error message: "Windows Defender encountered an error: 0x8050800d. Some history items could not be displayed. Please wait a few minutes and try again. If that doesn't work, clear the history and then try again" Waiting and trying again results in the same thing happening, and the history display is empty with the Clear History function grayed out. Anything else I can try? Thanx, Buddha you might try going in...

IIS windows prompt issue
Hi, I am facing an error as like windows prompt for Authentication, Even I had tried with IIS about Anonymous authentication is enabled, password for IUSR is changed, tried with iisreset, still no result. For example in my website the URL "lukulius.com/blog" is prompt. Why was this change made. Help me... On Dec 18, 4:20=A0am, Loganathan MP <mpl...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am facing an error as like windows prompt for Authentication, > > Even I had tried with IIS about Anonymous authentication is enabled, > password for IUSR is chang...

Office 2003 client problem with mailbox size...
Hello everybody! We have Exchange 2003 in a Win 2003 domain and there is one Office 2003 client who has the following problem: In Exchange System Manager it shows that his mailbox is about 32Mb... which has passed our limit. We made him to archive his msgs to a local file so that the mailbox would empty a little bit...so he did... I checked out the size again in ESM and it remains the same!!! I checked it out on the client side and it shows that it's something like 500KB... What on earth am I missing here ? Is there a chance of having the archived items both locally and on the server sid...

Windows Update Office 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) Failure
Using Windows automatic update the installation of the SP2 fails. The follwing message is provided. Microsoft Office Access Runtime and Data Connectivity 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2). When viewing the histaorythe error code is 0xA97. I have tried with the Office 2007 CD loaded into the DVD Drice as well. Can anyone assist? "johnnyd" <johnnyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9F574F4-092A-45D7-AC06-8777451B1660@microsoft.com... > Using Windows automatic update the installation of the SP2 fails. The > follwing message is provided. Microsoft...

de-secure and convert Access 97 to 2003
As a brief overview, the following in admitted as a general method for converting a secured Access DB. Without providing the lengthy exact details, am I in the right direction? 1.. De-secure the Access 97 backend and perform any table specific design changes. 2.. Export the 12 database backend table objects into a neutral Access 97 database, one that references a neutral System.mdw file, bring copy of file in case.... 3.. Compile the de-secured Access 97 back-end database. 4.. Temporarily install a full version of Access onto the main computer that will be hosing the database back-en...

Microsoft Office 2003
Hi I have installed Office 2003 on my new laptop with Office 2007and Vista. For some reason when I try to install the updates for 2003 I get the following message: "the expected version of your product was not found". Any idea what might be wrong? Microsoft doesn't recommend running multiple versions at the same time. If you do, it's generally suggested to install in release order: oldest to newest. Thus, the update installer is probably confused. Here's a super article by MVP Dian Chapman: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=...

Problems with Windows Messenger User tagged as being Offline.
Hi: I am having aa problem with the setup for an Audio/Video (A/V) connection with Windows Live Messenger. We are trying to communicate wirelessly with two HP laptops (Laptop 1 and Laptop 2). Here are the configurations for the two users, User 1's laptop (Laptop 1) and User 2's laptop (Laptop 2). User 1's laptop: Laptop 1 (HP G60-533CL) OS: Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium Windows Live Messenger (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.726) On sign-in screen: User 1 signs-in as "Available". When started, Live Messenger comes up as follows: Favorites (1/1) User...

Need better ::GetWindowsDirectory() for Windows 2003 Server
We have an application that needs to find a specific subfolder under Windows/system32. We want the folder to be the same regardless of the logged in user. Within our development environment we are using GetWindowsDirectory() and that returns the expected system path regardless of user. When testing under Windows 2003 Server, however, the returned system32 folder is under the Documents and Settings folder and is specific to each user. Does anyone know an alternative to ::GetWindowsDirectory() that will return the actual system path (i.e. c:\windows\system32\)? Thanks. "With Termina...

Publisher 2002
Installed XP SP2 but have discovered problems saving Pub 2002 files to Publisher 98 and Publisher 2000 formats which is important to me as I need to get Publisher files to people/offices people with 98 or 2000. Now get message on most publications saying that that pictures on page x are too big for earlier versions etc. I tried converting files that converted OK before I installed XP-SP2 and they just will not convert now unless various pictures are stripped out. It does not object to all graphics - just some but I cannot discern a pattern in file types. Weird! Reinstalled Publish...

CreateToolhelp32Snapshot() and Windows 95/98/ME
Hello experts, I am using MS VC 6.0 and Vista. I've written a piece of code to get a list of the processes currently running on my computer. See the code below. The code works has expected (i.e. I get a bunch of .exe file names). I want my program to work with Win 95/98, so to test this I click right on the icon of my program, select "properties", pick tab "Compatibility", and I set the "Compatibility mode" to Windows 95 or Windows 98. With these two OS, the list contains only one process (taskeng.exe). I have an old computer running WinME, same result. Does a...

Floating palettes missing from Office 2007 & 2010
It was so useful to be able to drag the palette of fonts, border lines, fill colors, etc, off the toolbar in Office 2003. Why can't we have that functionality in 2007? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/commu...