office 97 and office xp

Hi,
Is it possible to install office97 and officeXP on Windows XP at the same
time.

I appreciate your help
Andonny

0
wje (1)

Yes, I have xl95, xl97 sr2 and xp2002 all on my xp machine. Recommend
installing oldest version first and, of course, you don't install in the
same directory.

"me" <wje@multiline.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Is it possible to install office97 and officeXP on Windows XP at the same
> time.
>
> I appreciate your help
> Andonny

0
Don

Office 2003 Detect & Repair
Office 2003 Detect & Repair cannot find ZF561407.CAB on Installation Disc. Is there a fix for this, please? The following MSKB article may help: "Installation Error: File not Found" error message when you try to update Office 2003 programs from the Office Update Web site http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=875556 JT43529345 wrote: > Office 2003 Detect & Repair cannot find ZF561407.CAB on Installation Disc. Is > there a fix for this, please? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Directx Version With XP Pro
What is the latest version of DirectX I should be running with XP Pro/SP3. I'm currently running 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) "Rangerhgm" wrote: > What is the latest version of DirectX I should be running with XP Pro/SP3. > > I'm currently running 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) I'm running an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT video card also "Rangerhgm" wrote: > What is the latest version of DirectX I should be running with XP Pro/SP3. > > I'm currently running 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) I'm also running a NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT video ...

installing Vision 2000 on Windows XP Pro
Hi, all the installation is doing is updating my OS and ask me to reboot. there is no way I can go further in the installation. Anyone knows why ? tx ------=_NextPart_0001_8553EE4A Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, If the installation of Visio 2000 does not go through, then following the steps enumerated below helps: To manually install Visio, follow these steps: 1. Remove the partial installation of Visio by following the steps in article Q282234. For additional information on removing Visio, click the article number below to view the article in the Micr...

Outlook XP not downloading new messages #3
Hi, I am running Windows XP with Outlook XP. I have properly set up a pop3 account in Outlook, and have been able to send/receive messages. I currently have the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" option checked. I do not want a copy of the messages left on the server, though. However, when I uncheck the box, Outlook will not download new messages. When I do a send/receive, it says receiving 0 of X messages, but never progresses. So it can see that there are new messages, it just never downloads them. As soon as I re-check "Leave a copy of messages on the server", th...

How to prevent windows xp from installing a device driver automatically?
Hi, How to prevent windows xp from installing a device driver automatically? Every time I plug my phone it installs the latest driver but I want to be able to install an old driver for it instead. Some of my test a repair equipments I used to test these phones are not working with the new driver. Thank you very much for your time. Mac Sorry Shenan, I replied to your personal email by mistake. But I really need help, hope someone would take the time to help me out. I can't install the old driver over the new one. The new driver was installed by a new Sony Ericsson...

Sending mail takes long time after XP SP2
Hi all, I'm using Outlook 2003 and noticed that after installing XP SP2 mails are sending too long - about 30 sec (even empty test message). Note, that this is not only Outlook problem - I tested sending from Outlook Express there is the same problem. I tried to configure some settings in Windows Firewall, but nothing helped. Maybe I tried wrong settings? Please, if smoe one had same problem and fixed - let me know what should I do to fix it. Regards, Ivan You shouldn't have to change anything in the Windows Firewall. Does the account properties show POP/IMAP/SMTP servern...

Outlook Express Error Message Since Installing XP SP2
Since installing XP Service Pack 2, Outlook Express will not download my family's Hotmail accounts. The error message is displayed below. Have deleted accounts and re introduced them, have uninstalled Outlook Express and Re loaded it, have added it to the Exceptions section in the New Windows Firewall Utility and all to no avail. What have I overlooked? Redirected Configuration: Account: XXX_XXXXX Server: http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp User name: xxx_xxxxxx@hotmail.com Protocol: HTTPMail Port: 0 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 80004005 -- David Wh...

Outlook 2000 after XP upgrade: "unable to access folders"
I just upgraded from ME to XP. All if a sudden my shortcut buttons for inbox, outbox, deleted items, and everything else results in a message: "Unable to display the folder: unable to display the folder: folder no longer exists." I am, however, able to access these folders using the toolsbars view>go to. So these folders must exist, but apparently do not appear in the place that Windows XP expects them. Can anybody offer any suggestions or advice? Thanks, Sandor J. Woren window Try starting outlok from the Run command ...

remove com add-ins in Office 2007
I have Chinese menues appearing when I enter Access, which I have traced to a Com Add-In. I have found a way to disable it, but want to remove it permanently. When I try to remove it a message says only an administrator can remove the Add-In. I am the administrator for Windows operating system on my computer, but cannot remove a Com Add-In within Access. What am I missing or doing wrong? What operating system? If Vista or Win 7, find msaccess.exe wherever it is in Program Files, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http:...

intalling office on new powerbook
My new powerbook came with Microsoft office demo. I want to install my copy of Office, but keep getting message saying installation can not be complete because an older Office copy is on powerbook. I used Remove function of demo version, but keep getting that message. Any ideas? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My new powerbook came with Microsoft office demo. I want to install > my copy of Office, but keep getting message saying installation can not > be complete because an older Office copy is on powerbook. I used > Remove function of demo version, but...

MS Money 98 and XP
When I download my tranactions from my bank's web site I get a massage that sends me to MS web site to upgrade my MS version (for %50.00). I just loaded XP PRO. My bank supports and sends files suited for MS money 98. Do I have to upgrade MS money or is there something I can turn off/on within XP? Darrell What is the exact message? If you are downloading from your bank's website and not having any specific issues, Money 98 works fine on XP. "Darrell" <harrisdarrell@qwest.net> wrote in message news:067f01c35ad3$d26fd6d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I download ...

Opening Office 2010 beta documents with Office 2003
The header says it all. I tried a "patch" or converter I found on the Microsoft web site and installed it, but I get errors that there is not enough memory to open the application. The particular file I am trying to open is an excel file created using a beta copy of MS Office 2010. Office 2003 is a certified, activated, registered release. Is there a file converter for this or do I just have to wait until Microsoft comes out with the final release? Really, I wish there would be SOME backward compatibility with Microsoft's Office products. It seems that whe...

Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates? You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses: On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeform...

How do I find out if I have Office 2000
How do I find out if I have Office 2000 on my computer? It is a Compaq 1700T. I bought it in August, 2001 Can you open Word or Excel? If yes, then Help|about should give you some indication of the version. But Office (any version) isn't bundled free with any computer (as far as I know). You have to pay for it separately (it isn't part of Windows (any version)). Agnes wrote: > > How do I find out if I have Office 2000 on my computer? It is a Compaq > 1700T. I bought it in August, 2001 -- Dave Peterson Start>Run and type in Excel and press enter, then click he...

How can I create a NEW PROFILE OFFICE 2003
I have a Profile which is causing problems with my PST. I was told to create a new profile to use but NOT to create a new one by COPYING the old one. I know how to creat a New profile but HOW CAN I EASILY IMPORT THE EMAIL DATA FROM THE OLD PROFILE TO THE NEW ONE , other than retyping all of the email accounts over again. I have several accounts. I dont know if simply making a COPY of the old profile except that by doing so may simply create a bad profile all over again. You can't, if you want a clean profile (and you do). Just recreate the Email accounts. It can't be that...

XP vs Vista
Curruntly I own one station(rms2.0) window xp and SQL 2000 special addition because my data already cross 4gb. Now I am planing to ad second station in my store. Can I run one station xp and new one Vista or I have to have both window xp. Do I need to upgrade sql server. I need more help before I buy second station. Harjit, I got for a test an XP (virtual) and a Vista system with R.M.S. SO. With a database on a SQL2000 instance on the XP system. The Vista and XP system worked both fine and fast, so that is no problem. The only thing that could be a problem is drivers for your hardwa...

office 2004 install
When installing office 2004 on imac g3 600mhz 512 oxs 10.3.7, the office assistant will not run and present a window. The drag and drop option dies while copying at item 988 with an error -36 which is an io error. Have had the error multiple times, each time while copying a different file. I tried the ms solution of issuing a command at the terminal, but to no avail. This is a computer with a new hard drive. Ran disk utility and fixed everything. What to do. It's possible you have a damaged CD. Check out the Microsoft Knowledge Base for information: <http://support.microsoft.co...

Out of Office Assistant #9
I have a user who cannot open Out Of Office Assistant. I loaded my profile to the same computer and the Out of Office Assistant worked. Why is this one user unable to access the Out of Office Assistant? Complete message window: "The Out of Office Assistant could not be displayed. A required action was not successful due to an unspecified error." Upon closing this message window the following error message windows appears: "System Resources are critically low. Close some windows." The user only has Outlook running, is there something I can look for that m...

Release VS2005 & XP Common Controls Manifest
Hi, I have a couple questions. 1) When upgrading an MFC project from VS2003 to VS2005, the manifest options in the upgraded project settings cause Windows not to recognise the embedded manifest (as a resource) and no hence no XP controls. 2) I thought that to fix this I would create a VS2005 MFC application and look at how it sets up the manifest. Setting up a single dialog based MFC App, (with "Common Control Manifest" ticked under Advanced) I assume should create an MFC app that includes the necessary manifest and project settings - however the resulting app does not inc...

How do I open old Excel Worksheets when XP SP2 installed?
After installing XP SP2 (Service Pack 2), I can no longer open previously created Excel Worksheets. Newly created Excel Worksheets work fine. The error message for the olf Worksheets indicates that they are not Excel format. Should I go back to my "pre SP2" XP???? Mike I'm not going to be much help but want to get one thing straight. When you say XP SP2 do you mean Windows XP or Office XP(2002)? There is an SP3 for Office XP(2002) which you should download if you haven't done so. On Office download site. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx?disp...

How do I restrict access to Outlook in limited account using XP Pro?
I will be servicing several computers with XP PRO OS.There will be a administrator account and a limited account.In the admin account I want to use outlook express for email.But I don't want any user in the limited account to use outlook express or outlook. How do I restrict use? Joe K <JoeK@alt.microsoft> wrote: > I will be servicing several computers with XP PRO OS.There will be a > administrator account and a limited account.In the admin account I > want to use outlook express for email.But I don't want any user in the > limited account to use outlook express ...

How do I share Outlook (mail) between different Users in Win XP?
I have done this for a couple of years using Outlook Express, but can not figure it out in Outlook. I want to share Outlook with multiple Users in Win XP. (Using the same email address for all users). Any suggestions? Just configure Outlook in a way that each user has access to the same data file, find your pst file and move it to a place where each user is able to access it, then use file/open at each user account to open the file. Configure the email account for all users. Thomas Quester www.olfolders.de "aebarney" <aebarney@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...

Downloading email into Outlook on Windows XP into each person's profile
How do you configure Outlook 2002 so that when you download email, it is accessible to all users, regardless of their pprofile settings (Win XP)? If I download the email while in my profile, my wife cannot see the email I downloaded when in her profile. Why? Because at the moment you are using separate .PST files to store your data. You'll need to set up a shared .PST file for e-mail and put it where each of you can access it from your Windows profile. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm for examples. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail a...

Re: Language packs for Office 2008
On 2/1/08 7:44 AM, in article ee882f0.8@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "MARCIN" <MARCIN> wrote: > IM RUDE CAUSE I'VE JUST LOST 130 EURO, PURELY CAUSE MS DID'NT ADD PROPER > INFORMATION ON BOX/IN APPLE SHOP. > > IF CAPITAL ARE MORE DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO READ, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR OPTICIAN > (OR PSYCHIATRIST.) This is what will get you on a kill list. We're volunteers that provide help. No one deserves your wrath. Poink! -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Hel...

XP Theme Colors
As part of an enchanced print preview class, I want to draw the background using colors of the XP theme, if active. I notice in Office 2003, it draws the background using an appropriate color from the XP theme. When themes aren't enabled, it uses the COLOR_APPWORKSPACE system color, which is also what the default MFC print preview mechanism uses. Does anyone know if Office is using their own adjusted colors or are they taking colors directly from the theme? I tried enumerating some colors using the GetThemeSysColor and GetThemeColor functions, but I can't find any color matching th...