Office 2007 trial is very slow. Is this because it's a trial

I just started using the trial version of Office 2007.  It takes forever for
it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine.  Is this just
because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the additional
features?

It's likely due to the expanded feature set and increased hardware
requirement over Office 2003.

rtappan wrote:
> I just started using the trial version of Office 2007.  It takes forever for
> it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine.  Is this just
> because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the additional
> features?

0
Bob
2/22/2010 9:51:35 PM
On 2/22/2010 1:20 PM, rtappan wrote:
> I just started using the trial version of Office 2007.  It takes forever for
> it to open on my computer but Office 2003 opens just fine.  Is this just
> because it's a trial or is it naturally slow because of the additional
> features?

Hard disk nearly full? Less than 1 meg of RAM? That could be the
problem. I have both Office 2007 and 2003 installed on my computer and
can't notice any difference in startup time between the versions.

Bill
0
Bill

how to load my office 2007 onto my netbook
i have office 2007 home and student which has been acrtivated once i now would like to load it onto my new netbook any ideas as to how i have no external cd/dvd drive "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EF820C6-E56E-4704-86E4-ACE9DA5A5ECD@microsoft.com... > i have office 2007 home and student which has been acrtivated once i now > would like to load it onto my new netbook any ideas as to how i have no > external cd/dvd drive Copy the entire DVD to a Thumb drive and install from that. However, you may like to consider what metho...

address book in outlook 2007
I moved my outlook mail file from an old computer to a new vista/office 2007 pc. the preconfigured mail file messed up and I imported my main into a new file. It seems to be working fine now. However, I don't have access to the contacts email addresses or any address book for that matter. I've tried: Click on the To button. If nothing shows, right-click on your Contacts in the folder list. Scroll to Properties. Click on the Outlook Address Book tab. Check the box that tells Outlook to show the folder as an address book. But the check box is grayed out. Any suggestions? tks....

Excel 2007 painfully slow.
As I've read about the Excel 2007 performance improvements that MS touts in Excel 2007 (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730921.aspx, for instance), I've had to refrain from laughing out loud. For all I know, MS actually has managed to improve the calculation engine in 2007 -- but I wouldn't know, because for all the huge worksheets that I've built and worked with over the years, I've never had recalculation be the bottleneck. What I do know is that for the typical user in our organization, Excel 2007 is at least an order of magnitude slower than Excel 2003. To...

Outlook 2007 Message
WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen saying: Contacting then server for information. It then runs the green bars kinda like it is completing something and goes away. My email seems to be working ok but this just started. Has anyone information on this? All comments are appreciated very much. Keith I see that sometimes when the image downloads are taking a long time. "Keith" <keithgirdley@blomand.net> wrote in message news:E4SdneZ1up-u-b7UnZ2dnUVZ_u-dnZ2d@neonova.net... > WhenI send and receive mail a message pops up on the sreen saying: > ...

Print a form crashes Access 2007
I "copied" a form from a pdf, and "pasted" it to a create a form, and added fields to it and it worked fine, until recently. I tried to print it and Access "encounters an error". Since I couldn't figure it out, I recopied the form only from the pdf form and pasted it, creating a new form. I just tried to print the form without adding any fields, and it still "encounters an error" when I try to just print it. Other forms work, and this one used to...what in the world could this be, and how can I fix it. -- djkc55 ...

problem with conditional formatting and VBA (excel 2007)
Hello, i have a problem with conditional formatting and VBA (excel 2007). at first here is a screenshot of my conditional formula http://img156.yfrog.com/i/bugjz.png/ as you can see, the formula depends on B1 but it is relative. so far so good. but if i go through the cells with VBA the formula for all cells is the same, (e.g. =B4="yellow") if i do the same thing in excel 2003, vba shows the correct formulas: =B4="yellow" =C4="yellow" =D4="yellow" =E4="yellow" =F4="yellow" is this a known bug or do i something w...

combining multiple calendars in Outlook 2007
Hi i have multiple calendars in outlook 2007. Any idea how I can combine the information into one single calendar? Thanks - Pete Open the Calendar you wish to copy, Change the Calendar view to By Category. Select the items you wish to copy to the main calendar, right click and drag to the main calendar in the left task pane. Drop and select COPY. The items will be copied to the main calendar. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web si...

re: forms in ACCESS 2007
I just upgraded to ACCESS 2007, and so far have one difficulty. After I create a new form, and test it, it doesn't go true full screen. I can't get it to open without all the top Access menu bar being visible. How can I test it on a true full screen? Ctrl+F1 will minimize the ribbon. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Dave Hubbard" <dave.hubbard@sympatico.ca ( donotspam )> wrote in message news:CD6F99CE-B378-46D9-ADC3-2CA6B...

Icon Handler's and Outlook 2007
I've written an Icon Handler shell extension that generates a custom icon (i.e. it provides a handle to the actual icon data rather than pointing Windows at a file with an icon index). The icon is based on the complete name of the file and not just the extension. This was working (although with a minor workaround) in outlook 2003. If the user attached a file, say, C:\afolder\afile.doc.ext, the icon handler would get called with C:\afolder\afile.doc.ext and then again with C:\<path to temporary internet files>\OLK1976\afile doc.ext The weird part for outlook 2003 was the conversio...

MS excell 2007 Data verification list
I am attempting to use the list function within data verification for drop down menus. I need a list that is conditional upon the information in another cell. Example: The first cell offers a drop down menu with specific Make of equipment. From what appears in that cell I seek to offer only the Models for that Make of equipment on a list in another cell. I considered using a series of IF statements to run macros however I don’t know how to invoke a macro from within a formula. Any suggestions? Thank You =if(“Trane”,macro,=If(Crrier,macro,=If(Bitzer,macro…))) See Debra D...

Can't import Outlook Express into Outlook 2007
Here's the situation. user going from Outlook Express in XP [32-bit] SP3 to Outlook 2007 SP2 in Windows 7 64-bit. The old Outlook Express files [.dbx, etc.] are in a folder. When I try to import the messages into Outlook 2007, I specify import mail, choosing OE/WLM but it detects the never used WLM account [I thought it didn't come with win7 but it did pick up the dummy "Welcome to WLM" message]. It at no time asks to choose a folder or anything. Data was taken from a backup. Original computer was stolen. I know of a long way but is there anything faster? ...

OL 2007 Forms and not seeing new contacts created for the public G
A few years ago I created a form to be used with Exchange's public GAL. It has and is working OK. I am now running Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 and ran into this problem. When I go to the public GAL and create a new contact using a form I created after it is saved I don't see the contact. If I go to someone elses PC that is running Outlook 2003, I see the contact I just added and yes I have full Admin rights to my PC and the Exchange server. So I was wondering if the form could have something to do with it. If I right click on the GAL public folder and click properties and t...

Out of Office Reply #19
We have Outlook Express 6.0. We are not using Outlook with a Microsoft Exchange Server so we do not have the out of office assistant option. Outlook is not installed with the Corporate or Workgroup option. I want to send an email reply to people when I am out of the office - I will be out for 18 days and need to figure out a way to make this work. I tried Message Rules and it ended up sending a message to everyone in my Inbox. Quite embarrassing. There is no Rules Wizard or option to check or reply to messages when they arrive. HELP!!! What can I do? While Debbie's sugges...

Excel 2007
When I right-click a cell to edit an existing cell comment in Excel 2007, the comment text box jumps down to row 399. My spreadsheet ends after row 50. I can edit the comment text box, but must then CNTL-Home to go back to the top of the worksheet and scroll to the area where I was working. This doesn't happen when creating a new comment, or when mousing over to view an existing comment--in both cases the comment is just to the right of the cell. Just happens when editing a comment. Does anyone know why this happens? I've made sure there is no formatting or other info in rows 5...

Undo past save in Office 2003?
Is there a way to turn on undo past save. I have to save all the time because of loosing way too many windows to the winBeast. However, this currently kills my undo history which can be bad sometimes. BTW - Open office does support this :] JsD Hi no -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Java script Dude" <despam2004@yahoo.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:860edb80.0409241024.1a8a7f41@posting.google.com... > Is there a way to turn on undo past save. > > I have to save all the time because of loosing way too many windows to > the winBeast. However, this curre...

Conflict between Microsoft Publisher and Office XP 2002
Need urgent help to be able to continue my work!! I upgrade from Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Edition to Microsoft office XP 2002. When I install Microsoft office XP 2002 DOES NOT allow me to use my Publisher. If I installed the Publisher (in fact the complete Office 2000 package) after having installed the Microsoft office XP 2002, the Publisher will work but the Microsoft office XP 2002 WILL NOT. I need both packages and need to resolve this issue!! I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks again! Rafael Belloso Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support...

Outlook 2003 and Office 2000 Clippy prob
Hi All, I've come across an issue that I've scoured the web for but can find no parallel! Basically I have put together an SOE (Windows XP) which now contains Office 2000 Professional SR2 and Outlook 2003 (plus any applicable Office updates). Now we have a scenario where if Outlook 2003 is running and the office assistant (Clippy) is manually hidden in another Office 2K app, such as Excel, the next time another Office 2K app is opened the user receives an error about the office assistant, suggesting that Office requires a repair. If Outlook 2003 is closed the problem goes away! Has...

Outlook 2007 / Importing addresses from Outlook Express
Is there a trick to this or is there an easy way to import my email addies from Outlook Express .wab files into Outlook 2007. I have over 4,000 email addies to transfer. Help PLEASE -- Jan Theres no trick, what happens when you import addresses? "Janice" <jan@alpacatyme.com[donotspam]> wrote in message news:B88C8B66-5308-4D6F-A87D-808ACE9555E3@microsoft.com... > Is there a trick to this or is there an easy way to import my email addies > from Outlook Express .wab files into Outlook 2007. I have over 4,000 > email > addies to transfer. Help PLEASE > -- ...

Acces to data base by autonom HTMl page on Access 2007 ?
Hello dear members of the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. I'm a new Access 2007 user and I need your help please. I can get acces to my data base using an autonom HTML form page in Access 2003 . Please, how can I do the same on Access 2007 ? I have neither SharePoint nor Outlook 2007. Thanks Octavio ...

Office 2008 for Mac Trial Download
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I downloaded the trial version of 2008. It said it was installed successfully but when I try to open word, excel, or powerpoint it says it did not install correctly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this program several times. Can anyone help. I am new to Mac and am not sure of all the fixes to this situation. On 9/17/09 12:11 PM, in article 59b7caff.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Renee_C@officeformac.com" <Renee_C@officeformac.com> wrote: > I downloaded the trial version of 2008. It said it was installed successfull...

Office license in Business Continuity (Commerical customer)
Hi Office Expert, I would like to ask some questions regarding Office. My company has around 500 users and working on a BCP enviroment (Business Continuity). Questions: 1) Given that Office via volumn license has secondary right, do I need to buy another 500 Office licenses for Business Continuity purpose? 2) Does it only apply when the user has a portable notebook; the portal notebook doesn't need another Office license? Thanks! http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/about-licensing/how-volume-licensing-works.aspx -- db·´¯`·...¸><))...

how do I get excel to read open office spreadsheets?
how do I get excel to read open office spreadsheets? Hi, Open Office documents must be saved in Excel format so Excel can open without a hitch. jsknight100;587977 Wrote: > how do I get excel to read open office spreadsheets? -- teylyn Telyn -- 'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.posterous.com) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ teylyn's Profile: 983 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=162834 [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&quot;]Microsoft Office Help[/url] ...

Upgrading Office v. X SR 1 to 10.1.5
I run a PB G4 12" with MAC OS 10.3.5. The other day I removed, reinstalled and updated (10.1.2/4/5) Office v. X SR 1 according to the protocol suggested at <http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/RemoveReinstall.htm>. Everything worked out fine and the file "Microsoft Component Plugin" in the folder Applications/MS Office X/Office now displays "Version 10.1.5". If I open an application (e.g. Word), though, and click via the menue bar to "Word/about Word" to the pop-up dialoge there the information hasn�t been updated. It remains as "MS Word X for MAC Ser...

Inserting Curtains in MS Project 2007
How do I insert curtain in MS Project 2007? Define "curtain" - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > How do I insert curtain in MS Project 2007? > On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:17:01 -0800, foxdelta_100 wrote: > How do I insert curtain in MS Project 2007? Call "Drapes-R-Us"? ...

Outlook 2003 Slow Respone
Hi Our Outlook 2003 is reponding so slow after the Exchange server has been moved away from local LAN to distant WAN. now it takes about 5 to 10 mins even to download a message with only 1 MB. WAN bandwidth has been increased from 14 Mbps to 24 Mbbps. Our local Bandwidth is 1Mbps and report shows that maximum utilization doesn't exceeds even 800 Kbps. Please advice a checklist about what should be investigated to find the root cause. Exchange server version is probably 2003. Irfan could be a DNS or routing issue "Kazi Irfan Ahmed" wrote: > Hi > Our...