Office 2007 + formatting cells

I have a cell with 6 numbers in for example 098737.

Excel deletes the zeros off from the cell, when i right click format cells
and go to custom i change general to 000000 but it changes it to chinese?
Can anyone help please?

Neil,

The quickest way to keep the formatting is to put an apostrophe in front of
your number.  Like this:  '098737

When you hit enter, Excel formats the cell as text and keeps your leading
zero.

HTH.