Office 2000 verses Office XP - HELP

:eek:

I work on financial statements setting up the tables in excel and
copying and pasting the excel table into word.  In Office 2000 this
process worked good, my table would paste in as a word table with no
formatting issues.  Now that I am using Office XP, when I paste the
table into word, the table is disfigured whereas spaces are placed
before the figures and the figures wrap.  In word, I have to delete the
extra spaces so that the figures line up.  Any solutions???????

--
Jewel Howard
Jewel Howard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29240

Windows logon help
I boot the the logon screen, with Owner and Guest User. Every now and then, when logged off and awakening from Standby, I cannot get the flashing cursor in the Owner logon box. The only remedy is to reboot. I wonder why this happens and whether there is some keystroke combination I can use to allow me to enter my logon password. JD wrote: > I boot the the logon screen, with Owner and Guest User. Every now > and then, when logged off and awakening from Standby, I cannot get > the flashing cursor in the Owner logon box. The only remedy is to > reboot. I wonder why ...

more office assistants?
Hi, are there more office assistants to be found somewhere? out-of-the-box there is only Max available. In article <1128921895.277237.18420@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Andrei" <andre5151@gmail.com> wrote: > are there more office assistants to be found somewhere? out-of-the-box > there is only Max available. If you have MacOffice v.X (or can borrow a v.X CD), you can copy the assistants from that version to the HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Assistants folder. JE McGimpsey schrieb: > In article <1128921895.277237.18420@g47g200...

help with matching if
As you can see I am totally a noob to excel. And I have another noo problem needed to be solve. can someone please help me once more. Quetion #2: per say, I have a table of data, and I would like to exce to return the matching values from the table to a2. for example: [ ]|Y1 |Y2| Y3| X1|.54|.65|.67| X2|.56|.67|.89| cell A1=Y1 cell A2=X1 A4 will return the matching values from y1,x1=.54 Thx for the help everyone. Highly Appreciated -- augustu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- augustus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

how do i create an access code sheet to number my office files an.
im new to this office. the former person made an access code sheet (looks like it was made in excel, but im not sure) the sheet numbers and color codes files that are in the office. i guess the former did not save the sheet, and i need to add new files. So if i need to make a new access code sheet to number and color code all files, which way will be the easiest to do this. (and i've never used excel or word to do this, so please leave how-to instructions) you may want to use word to do this so you can use the label function. you could just as easily do it in excel as well simpl...

2000 to 2003: Drop-down box crashes system inconsistantly
2000 version works fine. Users that run 2003 on XP crash when they use the drop-down box, which, after update opens filtered form. Solution: They copy the source FE file from the network location to local HD, then it works for a while, until it crashes again. Then they replace local file with network source. Weeks go by without a problem, on other days they have to do this 3-6 times a day. Source file remains the same. Very strange!!!!! Anyone any ideas?????? Presumably this combo is unbound. First thing to try is to force the record save before trying to do th...

How many computers can I install ms office basic edition 2003 on?
We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is dying and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? What does the EULA say? Generally a retail version can be installed on 2 working devices "scrumpyjill" <scrumpyjill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7126D521-E248-4733-B7CA-30D30D9114FB@microsoft.com... > We have two computers with it installed on already, but one of them is > dying > and I want to install it on a new computer. Is it okay to do this? To my knowledge all MS Office Basic Editi...

Exchange 2000/2003 ASP/ISP Deployment Guide
Hi NG, where has the "Exchange 2000 ASP Deployment Guide" gone? Is there any "Exchange 2003 ASP/ISP Deployment Guide" out there? Any comments, tipps around hosting Exchange 2003 for many "virtual organizations"? Tobias Redelberger StarNET Services (HomeOffice) Schoenbornstr. 57 D-97440 Werneck Tel: +49-(0)9722-4835 Mobil: +49-(0)179-25 98 341 Email: T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net Try this link http://www.kapilaggarwal.com/pdf/Exchange%20Deployment%20Guide.doc "Tobias Redelberger" <T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net> wro...

Outlook 2007 and Office H&S 2007`
This has probably been asked and answered somewhere before but I'm not up to weeding through years of postings trying to locate it. The problem is this. I have Office 2007 Home and Student Edition and Outlook 2007 (purchased separately), on my Toshiba laptop computer. It's running Vista Home Premium with 4gigs of memory and a bunch of other typical crap. The computer came with Office pre-installed and I thought I had uninstalled it as it wasn't the edition I had bought. At any rate, whenever I go to use either program, it goes basically into an endless loop of wanting to d...

help with spliting data cells
I am looking for assistance with splitting data between cells. I have a column of data (first (space) last name). I need to split that column into two seperate columns so each name value is in it;s own cell and i end with 2 seperate columns. (john smith) to (john) (smith) Please advise if this is easy and can be done. Thanks, Phil pcavalcanto@Aol.com -- pcavalcanto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pcavalcanto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32212 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...

Can anyone help with this problem? bug?
I installed MYIE2 (www.myie2.com) and chose it to be default browser, when I reverted back to IE as default browser it affected one thing I know in Outlook. on the toolbar, when you open up a contact, theres a "road sign button" to the right of the "red flag" I get this error, when i click on it: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Crate an assocition in the Folder Options control panel" I dont know what association to go to in Folder options and uninstalling outlook and reinstalling it did not fix the problem no...

Cannot access the "Help" files in Office 2007
Cannot access the "Help" files in Office 2007. I have ran "repair' from the installation CD and still have the same issue. Every time I click the question mark , or hit "F1", for help I get the following message: "There is a problem with one or more installed help files. Please repair your office installation and try again". Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Britaa: My suggestion would be to just completely reinstall Office 2007 beacuse if you have allready tried to repair it im guessing a file somewhere has been deleted. Hope...

M.S. Office
Every time I open M.S. Office I get the message "C:\Documents and Settings\Robert J. Rensel\Application Data\Microsoft\ Addins\infoladin.dll is not a Valid Office add-in". I have re-installed Office a number of times, still get the message. What to do! ...

Can not import pictures in Publisher 2000
After reformatting my Dell computer, I reinstalled 2000. It now does not allow me to import a graphic. I get a box that says something about a graphics convertor missing. The CD is fine - had someone put it on their computer and it allows them to import a graphic. Am I missing another computer file of sort? Hope someone can help. Jeanne All graphics or only certain extensions? All the graphic filters are in a folder similar to this. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt If it is only certain extensions, rename the filter, for instance, TIFFIM32.FLT to TIFFIM32.old, dra...

Please help with Excel formula problem!
I've spent hours and hours trying to figure this out, with no luck. I'd be PROFOUNDLY grateful if anybody can help. You have several cities, say 10, requesting various amounts of funding. You, the fund source, have a total of $1,500,000 in funds to give them. However, the total amount they're all requesting is, say, $1,655,502. You don't have enough; you only have $1,500,000. 1,500,000/1,655,502 = .9061. So, you grant EACH city 90.61% of what it requested, and all the grants total up to $1,500,000. No problem with that one, you can throw up a little spreadsheet in a few se...

Please Help....urgent
Hi, I am doing notes to exchange coexistence & am facing an issue. I have following Microsoft Document NotesDirandMailMigrat word by word & still the connector is not working at all. Issue : As soon as I start to sync directory using Notes connector, several events are logged in event viewer.. few of these are : -no Notes Session Open -Error {GRC:a}: The application failed to initialize. -Initializing Lotus Notes Interface -Failed to initialize the NOTES subsystem I am running Exchange 2003 SP2. The connector i have installed is from Exchange CD and SP2 reapplied after install. ...

Visual C++ 5.0 and XP SP2
I am a Visual C++ 5.0 user I have just upgraded to XP's SP2 and as a side-effect, Visual Studio will no longer display any help on anything. I can see a list of topics, but if I try to view one I get "the page cannot be displayed". The relevant pane is, a container for I.E. in some guise. It seems to work in that I can access Internet webpages on it OK, when I type an addressin the Infoviewer toolbar, but not the help which is stored somewhere on the PC. Has anyone else encountered this and have any suggestions? I've tried a little tweaking on the Internet Explore...

Importing email accounts from Outlook 2000 into 2003 (via iaf files)
Hello there, Summary: How to import Email accounts from Outlook 2000 iaf files (created when exporting) into Outlook 2003. Full details: I done what I thought was a great idea, after having a problem with my PC decided to upgrade to Office 2003 (from 2000) Pro as it was offered to me free (Or I could have taken a memory upgrade). Reading this newsgroup it would seem that was a mistake! My current problem is that I cannot import that many email accounts I had created in outlook 2000. One work around is to import first into Outlook Express 6 and then import from there, but I still have to do...

NFL Footballpool help
I am making a football Pool for NFL games and need help on the followin items: 1. Need cell f5 on worksheet 2 to automatically show same data as cel f5 on worksheet 1. 2. I run a confidence point league, so players pick game winners, the rank those winners by their confidence. (1-16 for 16 game weekend;1-1 for 14 game weekend) now...I currently manually place a 0 or a 1 next to each players' pick and get a total value for points diplayed in my 'total' Cell. how...Can i make a table of the games played that week, manually inpu the scores of each team, and have this make the 0 ...

Help with SQL
Could someone please critique the following pice of code? The SQL was copied directly from the query Private Sub cmdDeSelect_Click() Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "UPDATE tblCDMRvalues SET tblCDMRvalues.[Select] = No _ WHERE (((tblCDMRvalues.[Select])=Yes) AND ((tblCDMRvalues.ynDelete)=No));" Debug.Print strSQL DoCmd.RunSQL strSQL End Sub Thanks "TeeSee" <bkeanie@glasscellisofab.com> wrote in message news:e87addd3-2aa8-4acb-94ba-e8f35d43eef2@n77g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > Could someone please critique the following pice of code? The SQL ...

Help with exchange 2000 standard
I am new to exchange still reading a text book but love exchange and ad services…. My boss setup exchange 3 years before I started working here and all is well….. However I have encountered a problem with the pop3 segment of exchange… A few of our clients use a Treo 650 with different providers as their carrier. I configure pop3 access from within their mobile devices and it works. The devices are set to leave email on the exchange (instead of like behaving like outlook express would….). The problem here is that the emails on the exchange server are flagged as read. I monitored a us...

Windows XP Pro will not boot
When trying to restart Windows I get to the XP opening screen, then a popup box appears. It says "Autochk not found." then it restarts to the boot screen. No matter how I configure the settings, the CD drive, and the floppy drive will not start either the XP disc, or the setup discs. I am also not able to use the Western Digital disc to repartition the drive. I have a dual boot system with two hard drives. One, the primary, has WinXP Pro, and the other has Ubuntu 9.10. I can start Ubuntu, but am not able to get the PC to connect through the NIC to the modem. The pr...

publisher and XP #3
I used Publisher with windows 200, I now have XP and no publisher how PYEWACKIT <PYEWACKIT@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I used Publisher with windows 200, I now have XP and no publisher how Publisher does not come with Windows. You must install Publisher separately. If Publisher did not come with your new computer, you may be able to load it from your product CDs. If not, you will have to purchase Publisherfrom a reputable computer supply store. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Thank you Ed- will do that. "Ed Bennett" ...

Help creating crosstab query
Hi all, I'm probably going about this the wrong way, but I want to know if it is possible to use a crosstab query to display what I need. Scenario: People pay into a lotto syndicate each fortnight. The amount is $5. So in effect, they pay today and they next need to pay on 11th April 07. However, some rich people want to pay more than one period at a time, and obviously some people fall behind in their payments. So we could have Rich Joe who has now paid until 25th April by paying $10, and Poor Mary who pays $20 to catch up to today's deadline, and she next needs to pay on 11th ...

help!can't open any files
I just loaded & activated Microsoft student/teacher edition 2003. Now all of the previous excel files already saved to my computer will not open. The message "Not able to open-virus scanner has detected a problem" pops up. This even occurs on new docs that I have just created & saved to the systems since installing this new software. Help! ...

Office 2004 security/stability update to 11.3.4 Feb 13 changes Word version
The only difference I can find is that the version number for Word has changed from 11.3.3 to 11.3.4. Entourage and Excel remain at 11.3.3. So far, all three components play nice with OS 10.4.8 on a Dual G5 2.0 I ran the updater from the Entourage/Help/Check for Updates pulldown menu. No permissions problems were found after the update. Respectfully, Norm The 11.3.4 update is a security update and it affects three specific components of Microsoft Office 2004: Microsoft Word 2004 is updated, as are the Junk E-Mail Protection and Microsoft Component Plugin files (both of which are in Appl...